Chapter 16

Buffy couldn’t stop laughing when she saw the pictures that Riley took. “Oh my god, these are great. I would love to be there to see his reaction.”

Riley smiled. “We put them all around campus, and even posted on the Internet. He’ll definitely have a hard time with the ladies after this.”

She smiled in return and gave him a hug. “You’re the best brother ever. Thanks for doing this.”

He shrugged and pulled out of the embrace. “Hey, no one hurts my little sister and gets away with it. He deserved everything that he got.”

Buffy agreed. “I’ll be right back. I have to thank Fred and Lorne for their help. You know, I think a lot of good came out of Mom getting remarried,” she said with a smile, then ran out of her room.

Riley watched her go. He had to admit that she was right.


* * * * *


Angel woke up with the biggest headache. He didn’t understand what happened when he finally opened his eyes, the night before nothing but a blur. He remembered chatting with a hot girl and figured that he woke up tied to the bed because she got a bit kinky. He left the room and ignored his frat brothers. He vaguely heard them laughing about something, but couldn’t seem to care. It was when he walked out of the dorm that he got the shock of his life. There were pictures posted of him everywhere in a very compromising position, with a guy that he didn’t even know. The other man seemed to have his face covered, so he wasn’t as recognizable. Angel snatched one of the photos and scowled at it, pure rage on his features. He looked around and noticed all of the people staring and laughing at him. Who were they to laugh at him? Did they have any idea who he was? Someone was definitely going to pay for this.


* * * * *


“That’s bloody priceless, love. Although, I’m not thrilled the git had his filthy paws on my sister.”

Buffy looked down and felt guilty. “I’m sorry that I got her involved. I just didn’t know who else I could ask. I knew Riley wouldn’t have let anything happen to her.”

Spike pressed a kiss to her forehead. “I’m just glad the ponce got what was coming to him, as long as no one was hurt. I have a feeling we might not be seeing him again.”

Buffy nodded and didn’t know what to say to that. She had a feeling that it was far from being over.


* * * * *


Angel was steamed when he got back to his room. He had to deal with derogatory comments all day from idiots that he once looked down on. He would be damned if he let the culprit get away with humiliating him. He moved over to his bed and frowned when he saw the purple scarf, the same one that was used to tie him to the bed. He wondered why he didn’t think about it before. He then picked up the scarf and sniffed it, knowing that something seemed really familiar. He knew that scent all too well, and remembered seeing this particular scarf before. His eyes bulged when realization finally hit him.

“Buffy!” he stated out loud, even though no one was around. “Oh, you will pay for this, little girl. I don’t know how you managed to screw me over, but it’s the last thing you’re ever going to do.”


* * * * *


Buffy woke up with a start. She had another nightmare and hoped they would have gone away by now, but no such luck. She then got out of bed, quietly making her way out of the room and over to Spike’s. She found him sound asleep and crawled into the bed next to him. She was in luck that Connor was staying the night at a friend’s house, so he was in the room by himself. She snuggled up to his bare chest and he unconsciously wrapped his arm around her.

Spike was confused and suddenly opened his eyes. He was surprised to see her there. “Buffy, what’s wrong?”

“I couldn’t sleep. I have this weird feeling that Angel might come after me. I didn’t want to be alone.”

Spike held her tighter and rubbed his face against the top of her head. “I won’t let him anywhere near you. I don’t think you have anything to worry about. He’s too daft to think you had anything to do with that prank.”

Buffy didn’t know if she could believe that, but only nodded. “Yeah, you’re probably right. Go back to sleep, I’m sorry I woke you.”

He smiled and placed a kiss on the tip of her nose. “You never have to apologize for that. I like that you’re letting me get this close to you. It means a lot.”

“I like being close to you,” she replied, slowly moving her hand under the covers and to his lower area.

Spike gasped and took in a deep breath.

Buffy’s eyes widened. “You’re not wearing any underwear, are you?”

He shook his head. “Not something I usually make a habit of, but I didn’t think I would have any company tonight.”

She immediately removed her hand. “Okay, I’ll just make a note of that.”

Spike smiled. “Get some sleep, love. You’ll have plenty of time to play with my bits later.”

Buffy slapped him lightly on the chest. “I’m gonna hold you to that.”

He wouldn’t have it any other way.


* * * * *


Angel sat in his car in front of the high school, watching Buffy talk with her loser friends. She was laughing like she didn’t have a care in the world. He was determined to bring her happiness down. He wouldn’t allow her to be cheerful, while he was miserable. The bitch had to pay for what she did. He would make it hurt in the worst way possible, and none of her lame brothers were going to get in the way this time. He was going to have himself one good day.

“Oh, you will pay, sweetheart. You won’t even see it coming, but you’re going to regret the day that you ever messed with Liam Angelus,” he said with a sadistic grin, then drove away from the school.