Author's Chapter Notes:
Just a warning for this chapter. There will be an attempted rape, but it’s nothing too graphic. I don’t think I could write that. I’m a little nervous about this chapter, so I really hope you guys like it and would let me know how I did. Thanks to those that reviewed=)
Chapter 17

Buffy and Spike were out at the Bronze the next night. Most of their siblings were around, so they couldn’t really consider it to be a date. After a while, they managed to get away to spend some time alone in a secluded area. The world seemed to fall away when their lips finally touched in what felt like forever. It was hard having a secret relationship, but they weren’t ready for it to get out just yet.

Spike sucked her bottom lip into his mouth, delighted in the moans that were coming from her. He couldn’t remember anything ever feeling so good. He only had one girlfriend before, but it was never like this.

Buffy pulled away when breathing became an issue. “You’re really good at that,” she panted.

He smiled in satisfaction. “You have the ability to make a man weak in the knees with your kisses.”

She blushed and was still not used to the compliments.

Spike found it absolutely adorable on her and went in for another kiss, but her hand on his chest stopped him.

“Save that for later. I have to visit the little girl’s room,” she said with a wink, then went to do just that.

Spike watched her go with a sigh, knowing that he was in love for the first time in his life.


* * * * *


Buffy left the restroom and was finding it hard to keep the smile off of her face, but it quickly faded when she saw who was waiting for her.

“Well, if it isn’t sweet Buffy. What are the odds that I would run into you like this?”

She rolled her eyes, not about to let him get to her anymore. “What do you want, Angel?”

A twisted smirk found its way onto his face. “I have something that you might want,” he said, pulling out the purple scarf from his back pocket.

Buffy’s eyes widened, but she tried not to let it show.

“I believe this belongs to you.”

She shook her head. “I...I’ve never seen that before.”

Angel gazed at the scarf, then back at her. “Really? I could have sworn that I saw you with it once. Maybe next time, you should try saying that without the stutter.” He then grabbed her and put his hand over her mouth to stop her from screaming. He picked her up and laughed at her struggles. He carried her into the empty bathroom, locking the door behind him. He threw her to the floor, without caring to be gentle.

Buffy stared up at him, the fear clearly written on her face now.

Angel got on top of her and started to tie her hands together with the scarf. “Let’s see how you like it.” He slapped her across the face when she tried to scream again. “We can’t have that now. I wouldn’t want any interruptions until I’m done with you.” When he was finished with that, he started to unbutton her blouse with one hand, while keeping the other on her mouth. “You’ve ruined my life, you little bitch. Now, I’m going to ruin yours all over again.”

Buffy didn’t know what to do when he finally got her shirt open. She just bit down on his hand and kicked him with all of her strength.

Angel yelled and stopped her from getting away. He slammed her to the floor, hitting her head against the tile. “You’ll pay for that,” he spat.

Buffy’s vision started to blur from the impact. There was nothing else she could do as he started to lift up her skirt. She felt tears in her eyes that this was happening again and prayed that Spike would help her.


* * * * *


Spike was getting worried when Buffy didn’t come back and decided to go check on her. He got to the girl’s bathroom and heard a commotion going on inside. He turned the knob to find that it was locked.

“Buffy, are you in there?” he said and got a scream as his response. He knew that was her and started to pound on the door. He felt pure fear at the thought of what was happening in there and decided to kick it as hard as he could. The door finally burst open and he ran inside, only to find Buffy on the floor with a large man on top of her. He felt rage now and pulled the bloke off of her, slamming him into the doorknob and knocking him out. It was then that he noticed Angel. He should have known the man wouldn’t stay away, but Spike couldn’t think about him at the moment. He hurried to Buffy’s side and saw that her clothes were ripped, but it looked like he got there just in time. He held her to him and let her cry into his chest. “It’s okay, sweetheart. I’ve got you now,” he whispered soothingly, then glanced down to see that her hands were tied up. He quickly removed the scarf and threw it away, having a feeling that she wouldn’t want it back after this.

Buffy then wrapped her arms around his neck once her hands were free. She clung to him as her sobs started to die down.

They were no longer alone when Security ran into the restroom, followed by their brothers and sisters.

Spike looked up at the two security guards and pointed to the unconscious man on the floor. “He was the one causing trouble. He tried to rape my girlfriend.”

The guard in the lead nodded and went to take care of Angel.

Spike heard the gasps and noticed the shocked faces of their siblings, all except for Faith. He knew the secret was out now, but he couldn’t seem to care. He only cared about the girl in his arms. He then helped her up and made his way over to the doorway, keeping his arm around her. “I’m taking her home. I’ll see you guys there,” he said to them and left the restroom.

Riley ushered the others out of there once the shock wore off. He dreaded what was bound to happen when they got home. He could accept his sister being with Spike, even though he never would have seen that coming. Spike did save Buffy’s life and he seemed like a good man for her, but he had a feeling their parents might see it differently.

It was only a matter of time.