Author's Chapter Notes:
A little time has passed from the last chapter. I wanted to get things moving. I hope you guys like this one. Thanks for the reviews=)
Chapter 19

“I can’t believe Oz asked me to the Senior Prom. I didn’t even think he noticed me.”

Buffy nodded. “I’ve been telling you for the last few weeks that he’s been checking you out at lunch. Why are you so shocked that he likes you, Willow? You’re a total catch,” she told her friend, who blushed in response.

“I don’t know about that. I’m not a senior yet, I guess it just took me by surprise.”

Buffy shrugged. “I’m not a senior and yet I’m going to Prom with one. Hey, you guys can hang with me and Spike. You know, until you feel more comfortable about being alone with him.”

Willow gave her a grateful smile. “I really appreciate you helping me out, Buffy. I’ve never really dated before. This is all so new to me.”

She nodded in understanding. “I was there once before, don’t worry about it. You’re going to do great.”

Willow hoped that was true and decided to change the subject. “How are things going with you and Spike?”

Buffy smiled at the thought of her boyfriend. “A lot better than I would have expected. I figured that we would get a lot of crap when the truth came out, but everything’s been pretty good. We’ve been together for about six months now. This is the longest I’ve ever been in a relationship, and I really hope I didn’t just jinx that.”

Willow smiled again. “I’m sure you guys will be fine. You have that real love going for you. I hope to have that one day.”

“You never know, Oz could be the one. He doesn’t say much, but that could be a good thing.”

Willow had to agree.

Buffy took a deep breath before saying what else was on her mind. “I think Prom is going to be the night, Will.”

She raised her eyebrows at what Buffy was implying. “Really? I know that you have before, but wouldn’t this be the first for Spike?”

Buffy nodded. “He thinks he’s ready to take our relationship to the next level. I mean, Prom would be the perfect night. We would be allowed to stay out later, so he agreed to get us a room at the Sunnydale Inn. I’m so nervous, Will. I feel like I’m the virgin here. I’ve never been anyone’s first before. I hope I wouldn’t screw it up.”

“Spike loves you, Buffy. I think anyone with eyes can see that. You don’t have to worry.”

Buffy felt better at her friend’s words. She kept remembering when Spike told her that he wanted to be in love before he ever considered having sex. It meant so much knowing that he was willing to be with her in that way. She didn’t have the best experiences when it came to sex and hoped that everything would work out for them.


* * * * *


Spike felt nervous as he gazed at the objects in front of him. He didn’t realize there were so many different kinds of condoms. He had no experience in this area and wasn’t sure which ones to get. He ran his fingers through his hair and just grabbed one, figuring they all worked the same way. He looked around and hoped that no one would notice, but there was no such luck.

“Aww, is someone embarrassed to purchase condoms? That is just adorable. Is this your first time, sweetie?”

Spike’s eyes bulged when he noticed the elderly woman standing behind him.

She then took the packet out of his hands and placed it back on the shelf, grabbing another packet to hand to him. “You’ll want these, honey. They’ll feel a lot better for your partner when she reaches orgasm.”

Spike took the packet from her and really wished that he was anywhere else. “Uh, thanks?”

She pinched his cheeks and smiled. “You are just too cute, you remind me of my grandson. Have a good time, but remember to always be safe.”

He watched in shock as the woman walked away, wondering what the hell just happened.


* * * * *


“It’s not that bloody funny.”

Buffy stopped laughing and took on a serious expression. “You’re right, I’m sorry.”

Spike rolled his eyes and sat down on her bed. “I’m officially scarred for life. You don’t know how bloody humiliating that was.”

“I could take a guess, but at least you got them. There’s no going back now. You’re not having second thoughts, are you?”

Spike shook his head. “Not after that, we’re definitely doing this.” He stood up and grasped both of her hands. “I love you, Buffy. I want to share everything with you. I think eighteen years is long enough. You’re the one I’ve been waiting my whole life for. I know that more than anything else in this world.”

She was touched and pressed her lips to his. The kiss turned more passionate as she slipped her tongue into his mouth.

Spike wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer. He broke away a moment later at the sound of gagging coming from the doorway.

“That is so gross.”

Buffy glared at her younger sister.

Spike only smiled. “You won’t think that when you’re older, nibblet.”

Connor moved over to the doorway to join Dawn. “What’s gross?” he wondered.

She looked at him. “Buffy and Spike were swapping spit again.”

Buffy scrunched up her nose at her sister’s description of what they were doing.

Connor shrugged. “I’ve kissed a girl before, it’s not so bad.”

Spike raised his eyebrows. “When exactly did you do that? How come I didn’t know about it?”

“I don’t have to tell you everything,” he said, then left the room.

Spike watched his brother go. “You know, I don’t think I like that he’s growing up. It’s a little scary.”

Buffy laughed and knew exactly what he meant.

Dawn crossed her arms over her chest. “You guys could get in trouble for this. Mom said you’re not allowed to be alone in a room together.”

Buffy moved over to the younger girl. “Yes, but Mom’s not here right now. I know you wouldn’t tell her, Dawn. Am I right?”

Dawn paled at the look her sister was giving her. “Fine, I won’t say anything. You always spoil my fun,” she mumbled before walking away.

Buffy smiled in satisfaction and turned back to Spike. “Now, where were we?”

He smiled as well, then closed the bedroom door.