Chapter 23

It was finally Prom night and everyone was gathered at the Sunnydale Inn, where the big event was being held.

Buffy and Spike already had their room booked and planned on cutting out on the dance a little earlier than their friends.

For someone that wasn’t too thrilled about the whole Prom idea, Spike had a hard time keeping his eyes and hands off of Buffy all night. His jaw nearly dropped when he saw her come downstairs in her dress. It was absolutely worth the wait.

Buffy was pleased by his reaction and couldn’t turn her gaze away from him, either. He definitely cleaned up nice.

They shared a few dances together once they arrived, along with a couple of kisses every chance they got. After one more dance, they decided that they couldn’t wait any longer and took off. The others knew of their plans, so it was no surprise when they immediately left.

Spike held Buffy’s hand the whole way to their room. He suddenly took on a very nervous feeling. It was as if he had dinosaurs in his belly instead of butterflies. He waited eighteen years to lose his virginity, and it was going to happen with the woman of his dreams. He couldn’t imagine sharing this moment with anyone else.

Buffy pulled him into the room once she got the door open. She could tell how tense he was and gave his hand a comforting squeeze.

Spike smiled down at her and placed a soft kiss on her lips. “I’m okay, Buffy,” he whispered.

“Are you sure? We don’t have to do this if you feel that you’re not ready. I told you that we didn’t have to rush into anything.”

He shook his head. “Trust me; I’m very sure about this. I just hope I wouldn’t be a disappointment to you.”

Buffy couldn’t believe he thought that. “Spike, you’ll be amazing. I already know that. You could never disappoint me.”

Spike felt relieved and then took a risk by picking her up.

Buffy squealed as Spike carried her over to the bed and gently placed her on the mattress.

He got on top of her and glanced down into her eyes. “You know, it would almost be a shame to remove this dress. You look completely breathtaking in it.”

She smiled. “Well, you could always leave it on.”

Spike shook his head again. “I said it would almost be a shame, the dress is coming off. I want to see all of you.”

Buffy had no problems with that. She sat up to make it easier for him.

Spike reached out with shaky fingers and slowly pulled down the zipper in the back of her dress. He pushed it off of her shoulders and took in the sight of her bare chest. It didn’t take long for the whole dress to come off after that. He was not a very patient man, after all.

Buffy licked her lips when Spike started to undress himself next. She was definitely not dissatisfied by the view.

Spike gently pushed her down on the bed and brushed the hair out of her face. “You are so beautiful.”

She graced him with a somewhat shy smile. “You’re not so bad yourself.”

Spike returned her smile and went into his pants pocket that was on the floor to retrieve one of the condoms he brought. It was always good to be prepared. He slid the rubber on and joined her back on the bed. He positioned himself above her and stared into her eyes. “You might need to tell me if I do anything wrong.” He knew this wasn’t her first time, but he still didn’t want to hurt her.

“You’ll be fine, Spike. Just take it slow at first, okay?”

He nodded and took a deep breath, then slowly pushed into her.

Buffy gasped at the incredible invasion.

“Are you okay?” he wondered with concern.

She caressed his cheek. “I’m perfect, you can start moving now.”

Spike obeyed and slowly moved inside of her. He closed his eyes at how tight and wonderful she felt.

Buffy ran her fingers down his back. “You can go faster now. It’s okay; you don’t have to worry about hurting me.”

Spike was still worried, but did as she said. He made his thrusts harder and faster, knowing that he wouldn’t last much longer. Not with the way she felt and the tiny moans that she let out. “Bloody hell, Buffy,” he said and attacked her lips in a firm kiss.

Her scream was muffled by his mouth.

They were both soon brought to release and tried to get their breathing under control.

Spike pulled out of her after a moment, not wanting to crush her. He got up to throw out the condom, then lay back down beside her.

Buffy rested her head against his chest.

Spike smiled and wrapped his arms around her. “We’ll definitely be making love a lot more after that. I’ve never felt anything so amazing in my life.” He was confused when he felt her trembling in his arms and looked down to notice the tears in her eyes. “Love, what is it? Did I hurt you?”

She shook her head. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to get all weepy. That’s just the first time anyone called it making love. You made me feel so wanted and appreciated; I’ve never felt like that before.”

Spike wiped a tear away with his thumb and leaned in to press a kiss to her lips. “I love you, Buffy. You’re going to feel that way for the rest of your life. I’ll see to that.”

Buffy smiled and lay her head back down on his chest. “I love you, too. I always will, Spike. Nothing could ever change that.”

It was his turn to tremble now as he held her tighter. This girl meant so much to him in the short time that they’ve had together. She already made most of his dreams come true. The next dream would be marriage, but there was no hurry for that. The only thing that mattered was that Buffy was with him now and if he had his way, she would be with him always. He already knew that she was the woman he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. They would get married and have a family of their own one day. He prayed that she would want that as well. Spike always dreamt of having a big family. After all, it was a big family that brought them together.