Chapter 8

The Giles-Summers clan all headed to the pool that weekend. It was extremely hot outside. They wanted to relax and cool off after a tiring week.

Joyce never cared to have a pool in her backyard. Her children were too young when they moved into the house. She didn’t think it would be a good idea, so they had to go to the public pool.

She sat in one of the lounge chairs, with Rupert next to her. They were just watching the kids in the distance, happy to see that everyone was starting to get along better.


* * * * *


Spike hated the sun. He was always more of a night person, which could be why he was so pale. He decided it wouldn’t kill him for once to try and get a tan. He stripped himself of his clothes, so he was in nothing but his swim trunks. He would jump in the water later, but right now, he just wanted to lay back and rest for a while. His arm was draped over his eyes to shield them from the bright sunlight. He cursed himself for not bringing his sunglasses with him.

“Hey, care for some company?”

Spike looked up to see Buffy standing over him. “Always for you,” he said with a wink, delighted in the fact that it brought a blush to her cheeks. He didn’t even know why he was flirting with the chit. It wasn’t something he planned on making a habit of, but it just seemed natural with her.

Buffy sat down in the lounge chair next to him. “How come you’re not in the water?”

He shrugged. “I just needed a few minutes of rest. Didn’t get much sleep last night.”

Buffy nodded in understanding. She stood up and removed her shirt, then her skirt and sandals.

Spike gulped at the sight of her in a tight, black bikini. He figured she would be in a two piece. It was like she was secretly trying to torture him, but she didn’t seem to notice the affect it had on him.

“God, it’s so hot out here. This has to be the hottest day that Sunnydale has ever had.”

Spike nodded and tried to think of something to say to that. “Yeah, bloody hot,” he replied as his eyes remained on her.

She just smiled and held out a bottle to him. “Could you put some on my back?”

Spike noticed that it was a bottle of sunscreen. He only nodded and sat up, taking the lotion from her.

She turned around and revealed her smooth back to his gaze.

Spike took in a deep breath and squirted some of the lotion onto his hands. He realized they were shaking as he went to rub her back and shoulders.

Buffy flinched a little at his touch.

“Did I hurt you?” he wondered.

She shook her head. “No, it’s just cold.”

Spike nodded again and continued to rub the lotion into her skin. He let out a sigh once he was finished. “Okay, you’re all done.”

Buffy turned back around and took the sunscreen from him. “Thanks,” she said with a smile.

He smiled in return and lay back down.

Buffy then rubbed the lotion on the rest of her body.

Spike couldn’t help being mesmerized by the display. He had to try not to moan when she rubbed her stomach. He just lay his head back and shut his eyes tight. He couldn’t watch her anymore without having an urge to pounce on her right there. He didn’t think their parents would have appreciated that.


* * * * *


“Bloody hell, you’re driving me insane.”

She giggled and continued to trail kisses down his neck. “I love what I do to you, knowing that no other woman ever made you feel this good.”

Spike shook his head. “No one else ever could. You’re the only one, Buffy. I knew that the moment I first saw you. It doesn’t bother me that our parents are married. I couldn’t imagine my life without you in it.”

She stopped to stare up at him. “I feel the same way. We’re not doing anything wrong. You can’t help who you fall in love with.”



* * * * *


Spike awoke with a start and glanced around at his surroundings. He noticed that he was still at the pool. He also realized that Buffy was no longer next to him and looked down at his watch to see that only a half an hour went by. He decided to worry about the dream later and made his way over to the water. The heat was really starting to get to him.


* * * * *


“Are you stalking me now, Parker? That’s really pathetic.”

He glared at her. “I wouldn’t bother stalking you. This is a public area. You just happened to be here.”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Well, I do live nearby. Last time I checked, you didn’t.”

Parker thought of something quick to say. “I met someone that lives around here. She said that she might be going for a swim today. Yeah, she swims all the time. She’s one of those real athletic chicks. Really hot, too. You could probably learn something from her.”

Buffy didn’t believe his lame excuse. She just wanted him to get the hint that they were over, but at the moment, she just wanted to get away from him. “Whatever, have fun with your new conquest. I’ll be going now.”

He once again grabbed her arm, not letting her get away that easily. “Come on, Buff. I know you didn’t believe my little story. You knew I would be showing up here eventually. Why else would you wear that if not to impress me?” he said, looking her up and down.

Buffy laughed. “Newsflash, I don’t spend my time thinking about you. Why would I bother when there are much better men out there? You’re just weak, Parker. I felt sorry for you, but I’m done now. Get this through your thick skull; I could never want anything to do with you again. Now, get out of my way.”

Parker was outraged. He wouldn’t let some little slut talk to him like that. He grabbed her shoulders and almost caused her to slip.

Buffy noticed they were standing pretty close to the edge of the pool, but he didn’t seem to care.

“You listen to me, bitch,” he started in a surprisingly calm voice. “The only reason I ever wanted anything to do with you in the first place was because of my brother. He goes to UC Sunnydale and told me about how his roommate scored with you. That you’re an easy lay and would put out for anyone. I decided to see if he was right, and guess what? He was right. We didn’t even date for a week before you were giving it up to me, but then you started to get boring. Why else do you think I moved on to Kathy? I kept you around for my own amusement, but I’ll be damned if I’m going to let you end this. If anyone’s getting dumped, it’ll be you. I still have a reputation to maintain here. Get that through your thick skull,” he finished, repeating the words that she said earlier.

Buffy had enough and shoved him away from her, not showing how much his words hurt.

Parker was stronger and ended up pushing her back a little too hard.

She lost her balance and fell into the water, hitting her head on the edge of the pool.

Parker’s eyes widened when he saw what happened. “Buffy!” he yelled and caused a lot of heads to turn in his direction. He didn’t know what to do, when a blur of bleached blond pushed him out of the way and dived in after her.