Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is rated NC17.

Thank you for the lovely reviews and comments, they are wonderful!
Chapter 12
Spike refrained from any kind of sexual contact with Buffy, including kisses, no matter how tempted he was at night as he held her body next to his. He knew he pushed far beyond any normal boundaries that first night, letting his jealousy gain control over his body, creating an uncrossable chasm between them. She seemed receptive of his presence once again, not shying away from his accidental brushes, or of being in the same room as him. She started laughing at his jokes, genuine laughter, not the fake chuckles she used to force out when they were around her friends. Spike thought that they seemed to turn a corner and their relationship was of friendship instead of forced hostility.



Entertaining the idea that he might have something more with Buffy, Spike made reservations at a nice restaurant. Buffy needed to get her mind off of her mother. Joyce’s health had declined since he first met her. She slept during most of their visits. Even the paintings Buffy brought stopped giving Joyce joy. Spike knew the end was near and instinctively wanted to protect Buffy from the pain, but he knew he couldn’t shield her forever.



~*~*~



The dinner was delightfully romantic, Spike being the perfect gentleman. Buffy enjoyed the food, the atmosphere, and even the company. They walked up to the apartment arm in arm, not even realizing the comfortable pose they held. Spike lighted candles on the mantle as they watched the late night news. Spike sat on the couch, letting Buffy lean into his frame as she fell asleep. He sat there through Jay Leno’s Tonight Show, but finally had to admit that he had to wake Buffy up to go to bed. He moved forward, letting her body slump down into the cushions. He looked at her sweet face, so regretful of the circumstances that brought him into her life, yet so thankful for them, too. Not being able to control himself anymore, Spike leaned his lips against hers, enjoying the warm pliant lips against his. She woke up with a start, feeling his unfamiliar, cool lips on hers. She looked up into his eyes. Surprised green met lustful blue and the connection was made. Buffy moved forward, and let her lips brush against his. It was his turn to be surprised. His eyes turned to midnight blue when he saw no malice, no hatred, nothing but lust and friendship shining back at him. Could it be more than just lust? Spike pushed his thoughts out of his mind, willing to take what she would give him. He picked her up, letting her drape her legs over his forearm and arms around his neck. He carried her into their bedroom and laid her down. She moved quickly and caught his arm as he turned around. He looked back at her, seeing her fingers slowly unbutton her blouse. With trembling hands, she reached out for him. He sat down, next to her, watching her shrug off her blouse and unzip her skirt. Standing before him clad in bra, panties, garter belt and stockings, Buffy breathed in slowly not knowing what else to do. She began to move her hands over her body, suddenly embarrassed at her brazenness. Spike reached out, stopping her arms. He looked soulfully into her eyes, silently thanking God of the gift he was about to receive. His fingers found her hips and rested there. His head came forward to lean on her small abdomen. He felt her shake and kissed her belly button, reassuring her.



Slowly, his fingers moved down her thighs and reached for the clasp of her garter belt. Unlatching each tiny clasp, he reverently worshiped her body. Spike dragged her silky stockings down her legs, trailing his fingers across her uncovered skin. She hissed as he tickled behind her knee, caressing the soft skin. She stepped out of the stockings, letting Spike look at her. This was more of a gift for herself than for him. She felt so sexy and loved tonight that she wanted it to continue. Spike took off the garter belt, his eyes roaming over her scantily clad body. She smiled down, encouraging him to continue. He reached for her again, only to stop a few millimeters away from her bare belly, savoring the electricity flowing from her body to his. She watched Spike withdraw from her, only to see him start taking off his shirt; she was glad he changed when they got home and she didn’t have to sit through him taking off his whole suit. He revealed his toned body, letting her eyes wander over his skin. He proudly sat on the bed while she stared at him.



Spike took her hand and gently pulled her closer, her knees hitting the mattress between his jean clad legs. His hands flew behind her, reeling her even closer. His cool fingers danced up her spine, finding the clasp of her bra. The straps fell first because she held the cups. He smiled knowingly and carefully moved her hands way, letting the lingerie fall to the ground. Her rosy nipples stood out from the brown areolas. He felt her falter, once again. He made eye contact and brought his face closer to her body, not looking away as he made contact with her breast. He slowly sucked in the nipple, running his tongue around it, making her moan. He paid similar attention to her other breast, all without loosing eye contact. His fingers found the edge of her lace panties, drawing them down her legs as he sucked on her breasts. She moved out of them, straddling his hips as she climbed onto the bed. He twisted his body, letting her fall down to the mattress, laying her pliant body out for him to gaze at. He noticed her breathing increased and a rosy tinge to her skin, feeling proud knowing he created it. Spike stood up and quickly divesting of his jeans, he got back onto the bed. His erection pressed tightly against Buffy’s leg as he moved closer. Holding her like a prized doll, Spike began to kiss her. First he met her lips, sucking on her lower lip and making her moan. He trailed down her cheek to her neck. Inhaling her scent, he licked and nipped at the tender skin, letting his lips acquaint themselves with her skin.



His hands were not idle while he made love to her face with his mouth. They caressed, pinched, and touched every part he could reach. She mewled with pleasure as his finger wound in her soft curly hair, probing to find a prize. She widened her legs, allowing him access to her treasure. His hips found themselves pressing up against hers, ready to connect. He looked into her shiny eyes, knowing she was there with him. He grasped his long cock, positioning at her entrance. In one smooth motion, Spike seated himself in her warmth. Her tight channel clenched at the invasion. He kissed her lips, letting his tongue probe inside her mouth. He felt her body relax, not only did her tongue play with his, but he felt her muscles relax around him, letting him move in and out smoothly. He set a slow pace, letting her body become accustomed to his love making.



He watched the emotions cross Buffy’s face, the wonderment and pleasure carrying him through it. Her back arched off the bed, moaning his name. He smiled, knowing she gave herself to him, allowing him to love her. He felt his heart swell in love for her. He drove into her two more times, finally succumbing to his own pleasure. He rested a bit, still connected inside her. Slowly, realizing that he probably was crushing her, Spike moved out of her and off of her. He gathered her body into his arms, feeling her own arms wrap around him and they went to sleep.