Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the lapse in posting the ending. I had every intention to post Friday night, however, hubby had different ideas.
Epilogue


16 months later…



Spike sat behind his desk, diligently working. Proud that the company did a total turn around in the past couple years. The stockholders were happy, the employees ecstatic, and most of all Spike was happy. The silver band on his left finger glinting in the fading daylight brought his thoughts from work. Running a hand through his bleached hair, Spike smiled to himself. This life, his life, was wonderful and couldn’t get any better. He looked at the picture on his desk and smiled. It was their three-month anniversary today and he wanted to go home.



Gathering up the paperwork to bring it home, he closed his black leather briefcase, a Christmas gift from Buffy. Spike walked past his secretary and out to his car. Oh life was good! The sun was out, birds sang their melody, and he was going to see his wife. Spike drove through the streets easily and headed to the gallery. He stopped on the way to pick up a dozen blood red roses for Buffy. He hopped out of the car and headed into the gallery. Dawn glanced up when he entered the front of the store. She had graduated college and stayed on to help Buffy with the business management side of it. Grateful that she freed Buffy up for more important things like him, Spike always had a smile for the kid. “Hey, Spike. She went home early.” Dawn said quickly, avoiding eye contact.



“Is she alright?” Spike set the roses down and looked at her.



“Um, yeah. All right. Just a little woozy.” Dawn turned around, and started to shuffle papers.



“Dawn?” Spike growled her name.



Dawn sighed, she hoped he wouldn’t come into the store today she hated lying. “She’s fine Spike.” Spike eyed the girl warily and picked the roses back up. He walked out without saying goodbye, his thoughts directed totally on Buffy. The past week she had been whiney and picky. Nothing he did seemed to please her. Spike wondered if she came down with a flu or a cold.



Driving up to their house, Spike’s wedding present to Buffy, he cut the engine off. The house, a two story three bedroom colonial sat on a quiet cul-de-sac. Buffy parleyed the enclosed sunroom as her new studio. Her argument was that it was best to paint in natural light. She gave him the basement, allowing him to decorate it as his. Black paint, a brand-new stereo system, built in speakers, wide screen T.V., wet bar, and a leather couch transformed it into what Buffy lovingly nicknamed ‘The Crypt.’ Spike let Buffy make all the rest of the design choices in the house. She always asked his opinion, but Spike insisted she had better taste and if the design didn’t include flowers, he would be all right.



He quickly walked through the garage and into the house. The kitchen was dark, as the rest of the first floor. Stepping up to the second floor, Spike spied a light on their empty spare bedroom. They hadn’t gotten to decorate it yet. Spike walked into the room, surprised to see Buffy laying on the floor with her hands behind her head. Her legs swayed a bit as she hummed a childhood song. “Buffy?” She jumped a bit when he spoke, she didn’t hear him run through the house. She greeted him with a bright smile and patted the carpet next to her. Her engagement and wedding ring glinted in the light. Spike came in and sat down next to her. Grinning, he swooped down to capture her lips. “What are you doing in here, petal?”



Buffy smiled again and looked around, “What do you think? Green walls?”



“To match your eyes?” Spike teased and lay down on his side, facing her. His head propped up on one hand, allowing his other to play with her hair.



“Hmm, no, not to match my eyes.” She looked shyly over at Spike. His face was alight with curiosity. He bent down to nuzzle her cheek. “I was thinking green is pretty neutral and cheery.”



Confused, Spike propped his head up again, “I thought we decided to keep the rooms white until we figure out what to do with them.”



“Well, I know what we are doing with this one.” Buffy smiled and laid her hands on her stomach, watching Spike.



“Another studio? Pet, don’t you think two is enough?” Spike teased Buffy.



“No, not another studio. I thought you loved my paintings?”



“I do, love. So not another studio. What then?”



“A bedroom.” Buffy looked at the ceiling, suppressing her smile. Sometimes he was so dense.



“Another bedroom? He already have ours and the guest room. We don’t need another bedroom.” Spike pouted.



“Yes we do.” Buffy took her hand and reach for his. She brought his palm to her stomach and let it rest. “Or, to be exact in eight months we will.”



Spike’s eyes widened in comprehension, “Do you mean? Are you?”



“Pregnant? Yes, I am.” Spike moved so fast, Buffy didn’t even see him. He covered her face in kisses and his hands explored her stomach. Every inch of her was covered by the time Spike came up for air, both panting with want and need.



“Oh my god, am I hurting you?” Spike slid off of Buffy quickly, afraid he had done something.



“No, it’s ok. I’m ok.” Buffy rolled on top of Spike, straddling his hips. “I’m more than ok.”



Spike grinned up at her with his hands on her hips. She looked radiant. Her golden hair tousled from his fingers, lips swollen from his kisses, and eyes dreaming of their child. Naked desire flared in his eyes. Buffy say the moment when the mood changed. His hands stilled and his pupils dilated. Smiling as sweetly as she could, Buffy swiveled her hips on his, grinding her groin into his growing erection. Spike whispered, “Guess we’re going to have to celebrate.”



“I supposed we have to.” Buffy smiled and started to unbutton Spike’s shirt. His tie already gone, she displayed his chest. “Mmm, celebrate it real nice.”



Buffy squealed as Spike rolled them on the floor, switching positions. “No alcohol for you, so what does that leave us? Seems to me, Mrs. Winthrop, someone is a little over dressed.” Spike quickly divested Buffy of her clothes, leaving his panting and writhing on the carpet below him. He shucked out of his pants and boxers rapidly



Lying down, Spike watched Buffy. Her skin glittered with perspiration, and eyes watching him watch her. Everyday, he fell more in love with her. Her strength, her energy, her enthusiasm. Buffy, knowing he had slipped into his poetic and reflective thought reached out and grasped his cock. Squeezing it lightly, she ran her thumb around the tip. “Think someone wants to join the celebration.”



Groaning, Spike touched her breast reverently. “It’s hard to believe that there’s someone growing inside you.” Spike’s lips touched hers. Breaking away, he continued, “In a few months these will be ripe and full with milk.” His head bent and he sucked her nipple into his mouth. “Mmm, delicious.” Spike moved his head to her other nipple, laving it with the same treatment the other on received. He inhaled her sweet scent. Such power and grace, the best part was it was his. Buffy wrapped her legs around Spike when he moved over her. Wanting and needing to feel him slide into her. Feeling his thrusts. Spike moaned when Buffy positioned him right at her entrance, not leaving her intent a mystery. Sliding over her, he captured her mouth, sucking on her bottom lip. Simultaneously, he sunk down, penetrating her. Twin sighs of relief echoed through the empty room.



Moving gently, Spike’s eyes watched Buffy’s. Blue and green collided, speaking to each other. Buffy’s hips moved, meeting Spike’s. The energy swirled around them, creating a cocoon of love. Spike shifted, allowing deeper penetration, hitting Buffy’s g-spot just right. Her eyes widened as the pleasure overwhelmed her. She felt her muscles start to contract, free from her mind, the fluttered around Spike. Feeling the exquisite contraction of her muscles, Spike fell over the precipice, too, spilling his seed into her womb. Rolling over, Spike brought Buffy up on his chest to rest.



Oh, yes, his life just got better.

The End

A/N: I would like to thank everyone that enjoyed and reviewed this story. If you like my writing style, please check out my other owrk on this site and Sinfully Yours Fictions