Author's Chapter Notes:
Glad you are enjoying this... must remind everyone this story contains rape. This is not a fluffy fic...
Chapter 6
Buffy woke up alone in her apartment, thankful that not only was it the weekend and Dawn was opening the store, but the apartment was empty. She thanked the powers that be for that and started her day. Any attraction she felt towards Spike was purely physical and could never be acted upon. He was just like Hank, always thinking with his dick rather than his other head. Last night, he proved that point. Buffy rubbed her arms where Spike had held her so tightly. Refusing to think about Spike and Hank, she decided some artistic therapy was in order. Two hours later, Buffy was cleaning her brushes when she heard the front door open. Glancing at the clock, she noticed it was barely nine. Two thoughts went through her mind, was it a burglar or something much worse: Spike. She made her way out to the front room and was assaulted with the vision of Spike in a pair of tight black jeans and t-shirt. She could see every muscle underneath said shirt as he walked backwards into the apartment, carrying a huge carton. Another man on the other end of the long box smiled at her as he helped haul the box in. Buffy stood in the living room gaping at the two men when Spike noticed her. “There you are, pet.” Spike put his end of the box down and went over to her. “I knocked but you didn’t answer. I see you’ve been painting. Missed a little here,” Spike kissed Buffy on her nose and continued to ramble. “This is my friend, Clem.” Clem waved his hand after he put his side of the box down. “I saw that your couch was a little old, so I got us a new one.” Spike started to cut the box apart, while he kept talking. “Got a right good deal, too. Didn’t I Clem?” Clem nodded his head vigorously. “So, it’s blue, like your old one. No need to redecorate everything.” Spike continued to cut his way through the packaging, finally revealing a beautiful midnight blue couch. Buffy couldn’t believe him; he was acting like nothing was wrong, like they were lovers. He acted like he was moving in. Realization dawned and Buffy’s blood pressure skyrocketed.



When Buffy managed to get her voice back she said, “William… um… can I talk to you for a moment?” Spike nodded and followed Buffy into the closest room with a door, her bedroom. “What are you doing?” Buffy whispered loudly. Spike knew we was going to get an earful, he just had to play it cool. Make her feel non-threatened and then everything would work out. He would be in her apartment, her bed, and her life. Before she knew it, she would like him and soon would be in love with him. Smirking, Spike thought about all the delicious things he could do with her if she loved him.



“Unpacking the couch, pet. What does it look like?” Spike smiled as innocently as he could. After leaving last night, he brainstormed all night with Clem, an old college friend. After a bottle of bourbon they decided that Spike should move in with her to get close. He could then prove that he could be the man that she wanted.



“Who said… anything about new furniture?” Buffy was confused; Spike was staring at her so innocently.



“Pet, if I bring any clients over, I have to impress them.” Spike said like it was the most natural thing to do.



“Why would they be coming to MY apartment?” Buffy couldn’t believe her ears he wasn’t making any sense. “We are supposed to be just dating… nothing more, Spike.”



“Not just your apartment, I’m moving in.” Spike said smugly.



“You are not!” Buffy’s voice rose in volume as she tried to keep her temper in check. So it was true, he thought he was moving in. “That was not the deal!”



“Shh, pet. I know what we discussed last night, but… we have to have hard ties. Living together will give us that tie.” Buffy stood still, looking at Spike and shaking her head. Looking around the room, Spike took inventory. The room was large and had an attached bathroom. Her full-sized bed was made up neatly with a floral comforter and sheet set. A complimenting canvas hung over her bed; obviously she made it to go with her sheets. A small dresser sat near the window, as did an armoire. The closet door was open and he could see it was large.



“I guess… I could move my studio in here and you could have the other bedroom…” she held her bottom lip between her teeth, worrying it as she thought about the options.



“I think… I’ll come by tonight and we’ll discuss it, yeah?” Spike started to formulate a plan to get Buffy out of the apartment so he could move his bedroom suite in. “What are you doing today? Clem and I are going to be coming back and forth a lot today; maybe you should go to the shop so we don’t distract you?”



“I… am heading there shortly. Let me move my studio from the spare bedroom, so you can move those things.” Buffy walked out of the room and headed towards the other room. Clem sat on the couch and gave Spike two thumbs up as he followed Buffy.



“Pet, let us do that. Promise to be careful and all that rot. You go to the gallery. We’ll be OK. Male bonding, you know?” Buffy nodded and headed back out to the living room.



“It was nice meeting you, Clem. Don’t have too much fun.” Buffy grabbed her purse and headed out the door.



“Wow, I thought she was going to let you have it there, for a moment. She seems pretty nice.” Clem commented after the door closed.



“Yeah, she is. Look, we have to take her furniture out of her bedroom and donate it to Goodwill or something. We just have to get it out of here. Then move my stuff in. That tiny little bed couldn’t hold a man half my size,” Spike chuckled. He made a quick call to the movers he had set up down the street to come up. The two men worked on getting the old couch out of the apartment and down the stairs. Coming back up, Spike and Clem moved Buffy’s clothes out of the drawers and into boxes. The movers made their first trip up with Spike’s bed, a king sized piece of art. A dark wood four-poster bed now dominated Buffy’s bedroom. Spike watched as each piece of his bedroom entered the room and he begun to unpack her clothes back into the drawers. He tried not to pay attention to her delicate items, but couldn’t help himself. Little scraps of lace and material filled the drawer when he finished moving every single piece by itself.



The movers left and Clem watched TV in the living room, waiting for Spike to come back out. Spike finished unpacking his clothes and made room for them in the closet. He knew she would be mad at this invasion into her life, but he hoped to God he could convince her he wasn’t all that bad.



Clem left after he helped Spike move and set up the rest of his necessities in the apartment: A desk, his computer, and his entertainment system. Worrying what Buffy would do if Spike left and she walked in, Spike ordered Chinese to be delivered.



Tense minutes passed as Spike waited for Buffy to come home. The Chinese was staying warm in the oven and a quick call to the gallery confirmed that Buffy was on her way home. Moving from couch, to the large desk in the corner to the dining room Spike practically ran a hundred miles around the tiny space. He looked over at the clock and swore the hands moved backwards, taunting him. Finally the telltale click of the lock turning caught Spike’s attention. Standing behind the couch, Spike greeted his new roommate. “Hello, pet!” Spike put a false smile on, hoping that her head wouldn’t explode. “I hope you like Chinese.” He knew she liked Chinese, Willow told him so after he threatened to fire her. “It’s warming in the oven; let me go dish it out.” He walked into the kitchen, preparing the dishes to put on the table. “I know you are probably very tired and hungry. I know I am after a long day.” His head popped out of the kitchen when he didn’t hear a sound from her. She was standing in the middle of the room looking around at all the new furniture in the living room. Her eyes were round and wide as she took in the new entertainment system, desk, and matching chair to the couch. “Pet? Here, sit down and tell me about your day.” Spike inwardly grinned at himself, he was being the perfect boyfriend. Buffy made her way over to the dining room table and sat down. Spike brought out dishes piled up with food. On his second trip from the kitchen, he brought her a drink. They ate in silence again. Spike wasn’t sure if it was because he was anticipating an ugly scene when she found her bedroom, their bedroom, changed or if she just didn’t talk while she ate.



A satisfied smile adorned Buffy’s lips as she finished her meal. She sat back and watched Spike finish his plate of food. After all was done, she stood up and removed the plates, “Looks like you and Clem were busy.”



Spike followed her into the kitchen, helping to dry the dishes as she washed. “All day.”



“William, I’m… I’m not sure this is the best.” Buffy rested her hands on the sink as she looked down at the suds. “I’ve… I’ve never lived with a man before, and…”



“Shh, don’t worry, Buffy. We’ll work it all out, yeah?” Spike stood behind her, wanting to touch her, but he just stood still.



“William, my mom… how can I… what am I going to tell her?” Buffy turned around and they were practically inches from each other. “She’s going to find out. Someone will tell her, they always do. I’d rather tell her before someone else does.”



“You’re a good daughter to your mum, pet.” Spike wrapped his arms around her and hugged her close. He felt her sigh and wrap her arms around his torso, taking comfort where she could get it. “We’ll go see her this week, tell her in person.”



She stiffened, “She can’t know about Hank.”



“Shh, sweetheart, no, nothing about Hank. We’ll tell her that we’ve been dating and moved in together. She’ll be OK, pet. I’ll charm her, just like I did you.”



“Shaw, you did not charm me, Mr. Winthrop.” She looked up at him and fluttered her eyelashes.



Spike groaned when he saw her eyelashes flutter. “Be the death of me, pet.” Buffy smiled and turned back to the sink, washing the remaining dishes. Times like this made it all worth it for Spike. “Say, pet. Why don’t we watch a movie? Got the entertainment system hooked up. I don’t know how you survived without a television.” Spike shook his head in wonderment.



“I used to have one, but it broke. I never got another one.” Buffy walked out of the kitchen towards the couch. Spike grabbed another wine cooler for her and a beer for him. He followed her out and sat on the couch.



“So what will it be?”



“I don’t know. Whatever you have.” Spike got up and went over to the cabinet that held his DVD movies. He briefly scanned through the collection and found what he was looking for.



He popped the movie in and sat back down, waiting for it to start. “Now, pet. If you tell anyone that I have this movie, I will bloody kill you.” Buffy looked up and giggled as she saw the credits start. It was the “Princess Bride.”



“Oh, I used to love this movie!” Buffy sat on her feet as she began to watch the tale of Wesley and Buttercup. Spike sat back arm flung over the back of the couch watching her watch the movie. She watched intently, eyes wide open and mouth agape bringing Spike joy in just watching her. Through the course of the movie, she changed positions, eventually leaning back into the couch. Somehow, Spike found the silken threads of her hair and started to wind them around his fingers. She sighed peacefully at the end of the movie and he looked down at her face. Her eyes were closed and a sweet smile showed on her lips. Too tempted, Spike moved and rested his lips on hers. Softly, he kissed her lips; he felt her shift in her slumber and kiss him back. Pleasure ripped through his body, settling in his groin. Moaning, he deepened the kiss. His tongue moved on her lower lip, beckoning hers to come out and play. Slowly, she woke up, registering what was going on. Bringing up her hands to rest on his chest, Buffy gently pushed him away. “William,” her low whisper was music to his ears. Grunting, he moved his head in closer to hers. She opened her mouth instinctively, letting his cool tongue roam over hers. He tasted of beer and tobacco. In the far recesses of her brain she asked herself when did he smoke? Sighing into him, she let him set the pace of their kiss. Normally turned off by smoking, Buffy liked his taste, it was nothing like the taste of ashes she had expected. His hands found her waist and held onto her while he changed their positions. Practically picking her up and pivoting her, Spike twisted them around. Sitting down into the cushions, he held Buffy reclined on his lap. He supported her with an arm behind her back and the other at her waist. His slow smooth kisses became harder as his need increased. Licking down her jaw, he concentrated on the soft skin of her neck, nipping and licking the smooth area.



Fog quietly settled around her senses as she enjoyed this treatment. Thinking that they would have act like a couple in public she didn’t stop the slow seduction. It was actually very nice. It had been too long since she had made out with someone and even longer since she had been in a regular relationship. Unpleasant thoughts of three years ago and Riley developed. He was a sweet man with a sweet heart, but he couldn’t be a second fiddle to her mother’s sickness. He needed someone to be there for him all the time and Buffy was unable to do that. Buffy understood and hoped for the best for him, she even introduced him to his new wife, Sam. Pushing back into her memory, she remembered Parker. He was after one thing and one thing only: sex. When she refused him, he spread a rumor around the local community college that she was a prude. The declaration didn’t bother her as much as Parker telling her she wasn’t worth a go. Shuddering at remembering the sneer he threw at her when she didn’t feel ashamed at not falling into bed with him. Finally her memory traveled back to her first love, Angel. Romantic ideals of a sixteen year old, intent on falling in love and then loving forever clouded her judgment. Angel was older, 23, when they met at the local club. His smooth words and actions enticed Buffy. She followed him around, worshipping the ground he walked upon. Her first exploration into sexual desire was with him. Patient and gentle, Angel coaxed her through the rites and revelations a virgin makes. On her seventeenth birthday, his declaration that he was involved with someone else, and that he was leaving her because she wouldn’t put out shattered any ideals she’d ever had about love. Between her father and the three men in her life, they destroyed any chance she ever had to find true and everlasting love. Heartbreak and mistrust were all she had.



He first noticed a shudder and then a moaning sob. Her breath quickened and muscles became tense. Not realizing that her actions were not from lust and arousal, but from her painful memories, he kept kissing and touching. The hand at her waist found its way up her torso towards her breasts. They felt so smooth and soft; he wanted to rest his head there forever. Suddenly, Buffy tensed even more and pushed away. She scrambled to the other side of the couch, hugging herself and breathing hard.



“Pet?” Buffy whimpered. Spike reached for her, hoping to calm her. He had no idea what was happening. “What’s wrong?” Her eyes glared at him, accusing him of things he had not done. Silent green eyes met intense blue for endless moments. “What the fuck is your problem?” Spike asked, he couldn’t figure her out. Buffy got up and went into the bathroom.



Minutes passed as Spike stared at the bathroom door, willing her to talk to him. She finally came out, tear streaked eyes and holding a tissue. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have… let it go so far. I’m sorry.” She turned and went into her bedroom. Spike sat on the couch trying to think what her problem was. She seemed to like kissing him, why the sudden mood change? Then, he heard her gasp and yell, “WILLIAM!”