Author's Chapter Notes:
AN: The songs are as follows: ‘Love Can Move Mountains’ by Celien Dion, ‘Now and Forever’ by Richard Marx, and ‘Only Hope’ by Mandy Moore. Sorry it took so long to post this chapter. Real life has been a pain in the ass lately. Thanx again for all the reviews! Again with the not owning anything. Even though Spike stars in all my dream, he's still not mine. The songs are not mine as well as some lines from other shows. It was also brought to my attention that I made Parker Buffy’s ‘crappy’ love encounter back in CA and also the attackers name at the academy. So I changed the name of her previous love to Scott. Little detail that slipped my attention but is now corrected. Keep the reviews coming!!
*AbbyLou*
Chapter 14- Giving Thanks

“I don’t think I’ll be eating for the next week.” Willow said as she laid her head on Oz’s shoulder.

The ten occupants of the common room were now lounged around and thoroughly stuffed. Dinner had been wonderful, each bringing their own little culinary skill to the table. Josh and Lorne made a lemon seasoned turkey that was too die for. Cordy had taken on the stuffing using her grandmothers recipe. Willow’s pumpkin pie was now one of the gangs favorite and Riley had requested one for his birthday next month. Buffy had made rolls, and her famous double chocolate brownies per Xander’s request. Spike and Oz decided to handle the potatoes, mashed and sweet. Riley called his mother and got her recipe for her noodles, and with a little bit of help from the girls, they turned out wonderful. After Buffy had pretty much busted a gut laughing so hard when Willow asked Xander what he was making, he decided to just take care of drinks.

“I have to agree with you on that Red.” Spike said from his position lounging on Buffy’s legs. Buffy was sitting on the floor with her back against the couch running her fingers through Spike’s hair.

“Who knew that that big of a feast was capable of being made by all of us?” Willow commented.

“Now the problem is going to come in about an hour when we all have to actually move to go the Thanksgiving program.” Xander said as he nuzzled his face in Anya’s hair as she sat in his lap in one of the chairs.

“Speaking of which, I need to actually get going now. Tara is meeting me early so we can practice her song one more time.” Buffy said as she patted Spike’s head so he would move.

“Wanna come with?” She asked him as he got to his feet to help her up.

“Sure thing luv.” He answered.

“You’re all going to be there at 7 right?” She asked the group as Spike grabbed her hand.

“Wouldn’t miss it for the world Cupcake!” Lorne said with a wink.

“Great. See you all in a hour or so.” With that her and Spike walked to her room to get all her things, leaving the rest to start with the clean up.

**********

“I don’t think I can do this.” Tara said as she helped Buffy arrange the music on the piano.

“Tara sweetie, you’re going to be great. If you get nervous just close your eyes and make them all disappear, okay?” Buffy said to the shy little girl.

“How are my two favorite girls doing?” Spike asked when he walked on the stage with two bottles of water.

“I’m gonna mess up I just know it!” Tara said as she looked at the both of them with big scared eyes, taking one of the bottles from him.

“Nibblet, you’re going to be great. Do you even know how wonderful you are?” Spike asked as he kneeled in front of her. Buffy just watched the interaction between the pair and couldn’t help but think what a great father he would make.

“You guys are supposed to think that, you love me.” Tara said with pout.

“We love you very much sweetie.” Buffy said as she stood behind the little girl and placed her hands on her shoulders. “Spike, your mother, and I are going to be with you the entire time and after tonight, everyone else is gonna know how much of a star you really are.” Tara offered a small smile and Spike just winked at her and drew her in his arms. She threw her arms around his neck and hugged him hard.

Buffy just smiled as she sat down at the piano. The program tonight was kind of a talent show with no prizes. Not specifically a Thanksgiving theme just the kids of the community putting on a show for everyone doing the things they love.

“Okay sweetie let’s get you warmed up and then I’ll go help you with your hair, okay?” Buffy said as she started to play the song that Tara picked out to sing.

“Okay.” Tara said as she made her way over to the piano.

As his girls warmed up, Spike had a feeling suddenly hit him. He loved her. He was totally, head over heels, in love with Buffy Summers. Sure he knew he’s probably been in love with her for awhile, but the feeling was never this strong. He watched as she laughed with Tara and played around on the piano. Listened as she helped the little girl with the notes. She was amazing, and she was his. ‘How am I gonna tell her without scaring her off?’ He thought. Spike knew how bad Scott hurt her. Buffy told him some about that part of her life but it was his talk with Xander that filled in the blanks. Scott basically used her and then tossed her aside with something better came along. How anyone could do that to a goddess like her was beyond him but Scott did and Buffy doesn’t trust easy now because of it. His thoughts were interrupted by the giggles of his girls. Buffy was tickling Tara and the little girl was screaming in delight for mercy. He just smiled thinking that he had to tell her soon. He just hoped that it didn’t frighten her away.

**********

The place was crowded. Buffy looked out from backstage and smiled when she saw all her friends sitting fourth row center stage. She caught Spike’s eye and winked when he wagged his eye brow at her.

Turning, Buffy listened to the program director give some final advice to all the kids. She walked over to the piano, and made sure her guitar was secure in the stand beside it. She was playing most of the music the kids were singing to and there were a couple of them that were playing the guitar with her. She was so excited to show the community the talent that these awesome kids had. The dimming of the lights told her it was time to start and she took her place behind the piano. They had a drummer and one more guitarist helping with the music tonight and Buffy had become fast friends with both of them. As the curtains opened she started to play the first song and smiled when the crowed cheered. All the kids participating in the program were in the opening and closing numbers. All together there were about 15. Some were performing by themselves or with a smaller group. Others were ‘background’ dancers or singers.

Buffy’s smile got bigger when all the kids ran on stage taking their places. 11 year old Kerri and 13 year old Brittney were the gymnasts of the group and everyone clapped as they tumbled across the stage with back handsprings. Tara and Ryan were singing lead for this song and they took their spot within the group.

Faith
Trust
Love
Love can
Love can move mountains

There ain’t a dream that don’t have a chance to come true
It just takes a little faith, baby
Anything that we want to do we can do now
There ain’t nothing in our way, baby

Nothing our love couldn’t rise above
We can get through the night
We can get to the light
As long we have our love to light the way, yeah yeah

With a little Faith
Just a little trust
If you believe in love
Love can move mountains
Believe in your heart
Feel with it in your soul now
Love can, love can move mountains
Oh yeah, baby, yeah

Oceans deep and mountains high
They can’t stop us because love is on our side
We can reach the heavens and touch the sky
Just believe in, believe in you and I

If we got love that is strong enough
We can do anything
We’ll get through anything
Cause through it all we will always find a way, yeah

With a little Faith
Just a little trust
If you believe in love
Love can move mountains
Believe in your heart
Feel with it in your soul now
Love can, love can move mountains
Oh yeah, baby, yeah

If you believe in me
I’ll believe in you
If we believe in each other
There’s nothing we can’t do

With a little Faith
Just a little
Trust
If you believe in love
Love can move mountains
Believe in your heart
Feel with it in your soul now
Love can, love can move mountains
Oh yeah, baby, yeah

The crowd was almost defining as the kids hit their final pose with Tara and Ryan right up front. Tara smiled big when she found Spike in the audience clapping and hollering for her. She turned and ran off stage smiling at Buffy on her way by. Buffy winked at her and smiled. ‘I can get used to this’ Tara thought when she made it back stage.

The next act was a group of four girls and two guys from the ‘hip-hop’ dance class dancing to a remix of Justin Timberlake’s ‘Senorita’. The crowd was clapping and hooting along with the performance making the kids confidence grow so much. Buffy laughed when she saw Lorne and Cordy doing the ‘cabbage patch’ in their seats.

The next act up was one Buffy was playing her guitar with. Ryan from the first act was playing guitar with Buffy and singing back up for another kid named Lane. The boys were both 14 and excellent musicians. Lane was in the middle of Buffy and Ryan as they all sat on stools center stage. Buffy and Ryan started playing as the lights dimmed and only a spot light was on them. Buffy closed her eyes when Lane’s voice filled the auditorium, letting the music take her away.

Whenever I’m weary
From the battles that rage in my head
You make sense of madness
When my sanity hangs by a thread
I lose my way but still you seem to understand
Now and forever I will be you’re man

Sometimes I just hold you
I’m to caught up in you to see
I’m holding a fortune
That heaven has given to me
I’ll try to show you each and ever way I can
Now and forever I will be your man

Now I can rest my worries and always be sure
That I won’t be alone anymore
If I’d only known you were there all this time
All this time

Until the day the ocean doesn’t touch the sand
Now and forever, I will be your man
Now and forever, I will be your man

The crowd went wild as the boys took their bows and walked off the stage. Buffy made her way back to the piano and smiled when Tara joined her. Tara giggled when she heard Spike yell “Go get ‘em Nibblet!” Buffy smiled at her and noticed that her confidence seemed to bloom with all the support she got. Tara sat on a stool at the side of the piano facing the crowd with a microphone in her hands. Buffy started to play and an awe settled over the crowd when the little girl started to sing.

There’s a song that’s inside of my soul
It’s the one that I’ve tried to write over and over again
I’m awake in the infinite cold
But you sing to me over and over and over again

So I lay my head back down
And I lift my hands and pray
To be only yours I pray
To be only yours I know now
You’re my only hope

Sing to me the song of the stars
Of your galaxy dancing and laughing and laughing again
When it feels like my dreams are so far
Sing to me of the plans that you have for me over again

So I lay my head back down
And I lift my hands and pray
To be only yours I pray
To be only yours I know now
You’re my only hope

I give you my destiny
I’m given you all of me
I want your symphony
Singing in all that I am
At the top of my lungs
I’m giving it back

So I lay my head back down
And I lift my hands and pray
To be only yours I pray
To be only yours I pray
To be only yours I know now
You’re my only hope

Mmmmmmmm
Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh

The audience jumped to their feet as Tara finished singing the final notes. Her mother was in the front row crying her eyes out as she clapped hysterically. Spike and the rest of Buffy’s friends were whistling and yelling to her that she did great. She looked over at Buffy who had tears in her eyes but was on her feet clapping with everyone else. Tara smiled as she slid of her stool and took her bow. She waved to the crowd and blew a kiss at Spike and giggled when he pretended to catch it again. She could REALLY get used to this!

The rest of the program went on with out a hitch. The center ended up with over 2,000 dollars in donations as well as some new volunteers from the Academy. Tara and the rest of the kids were stars in the communities eyes now as they should be. The little girl blushed at the flowers she got from Spike after the show and got them all laughing when she announced that his was the best Thanksgiving ever!