Author's Chapter Notes:
AN: WOOHOO! I finally got another chapter posted. Sorry for the long wait! Thanx to all those who sent me emails saying they wanted more of this story. I didn’t think reality was going to calm down at all. Anyway, again with the not owning anything, blah, blah, blah. I’m not worthy of Joss and his creations. Hope you enjoy! More to come soon!
*Abby Lou*
Chapter 16 – Going Home

“Anya! Get your ass out here before we leave you!” Buffy yelled down the hall. The Christmas holidays were upon them and it was time to head to the airport to go to California.

“You got everything love?” Spike asked Buffy as he came up to stand beside her.

“Yep! Everything but my flying companion.” She answered as she turned to yell down the hall once more. “Anya! Don’t make me come after you!” Spike just chuckled as a very flustered Anya came bounding out of her dorm room with two huge suitcases, a duffle bag, and her purse.

“We are only going to be gone for a week and a half!” Buffy exclaimed wide eyed when she got a look at Anya’s stuff.

“You never know when I’m going to need something. I want to be prepared.” Anya said as Riley and Oz came up to help the girls take their luggage down to Spike’s car.

“Remind me to call Angel before we get there and tell him to pick us up in the SUV.” Buffy said with a roll of her eyes.

Anya ignored her as Riley and Oz grabbed the suitcases. Lorne had left for his parents yesterday after his last midterm. Willow and Oz were going to her house for the holidays. Riley was taking Cordy back to Iowa with him since her mom and dad had an unexpected business trip overseas. Spike was staying in New York with his mom. His dad was flying in from London on Christmas Eve.

After the girls said bye to everyone, Spike climbed in behind the wheel and headed to the airport.

**********

“I can’t believe that we aren’t going to be together for the holidays.” Buffy said with a pout. They were all checked in at the airport and now they were waiting for their flight to be called.

“It’s not going to be that long love.” Spike said as he pulled Buffy closer to his side. Anya was currently going through a checklist of things she and Xander were going to accomplish when she got to California, not paying a bit of attention to the sad couple.

Buffy rested her head on his chest and let out a small giggle.

“What’s so funny love?” Spike asked.

“Oh, just remembering my first night here. I was so home sick that I would have given anything to be back in California. Now that I’m going home, I’d give anything to stay with you. I can’t believe I’m going to say this but I guess you were right.”

“Of course I was right.” Spike said with a smirk. “What was I right about?”

Buffy swatted him lightly on the chest as she answered “You said that once classes got started my homesickness would go away and it did. I miss my family of course but I think I’m going to be much worse without you.” She said as she looked up at him and pouted.

“Kitten, like I said it won’t be that long. We’ll talk everyday, I promise.” Spike leaned in and kissed her lightly. “Now, make sure you call me when your plane lands. Want to make sure my baby got home safe.” He said as he kissed her again.

Buffy blushed as she asked “I’m your baby?”

“Your adorable you know that? After the things we were doing to each other just this morning, you blush when I call you my baby, which by the way you are.” He said with a wink.

“Speaking of this morning. How are we going to go that long without…you know….that.” Buffy asked quietly as her cheeks turned a bright red.

Spike chuckled and replied, “We’ll be fine, besides, haven’t you ever had phone sex?”

Buffy’s eyes grew comically large which made Spike’s chuckle turn into a full blow laugh. “We are so not having phone sex. What if my family hears? Or Anya, she is staying in my room you know.”

Spike looked thoughtful for a moment then said “You’re right, I don’t think you could be that quiet.”

Buffy playfully smacked him on the arm as the announcement for the girls flight came over the loud speaker. Spike leaned in and kissed her soundly on the lips before taking her into a tight hug.

“We’ll be together soon love. Call me when you get there.”

Buffy just shook her head as tears came to her eyes. “I’ll miss you.”

“Only half as much as I’ll miss you sweets.” The couple kissed one more time only stopping when Anya cleared her throat loudly behind them.

“Xander’s waiting on me so lets get a move on.” Anya said as she grabbed her carry-on bag and made for the ticket check.

The blonde couple rolled their eyes as Buffy leaned over to grab her bag. “Just a week and a half. We’ll be fine. I mean, it’s not like we’re going to grow apart in that amount of time…oh god! What if we grow apart in that amount of time. What if you find someone else better than….” Buffy didn’t have a chance to finish her rambling as Spike crashed his lips to hers.

When the need for oxygen became too much, the couple parted. “Love, you are the only girl I could possible ever want. You’re my world and I want only you from now on, okay?” Spike asked as he cupped her face in his hands.

“You mean it?” Buffy asked shyly not able to make eye contact.

Spike placed his hand under her chin and raised her eyes to his. “Forever” was his only reply.

Buffy just smiled and gave him one more quick kiss before turning to catch up with Anya. When she reached the counter and gave the clerk her ticket, she turned and blew Spike kiss, laughing when he pretended to catch it and place it in his pocket.

“Let’s go Buff, or the planes going to take off and I’m not going to get my orgasm’s from Xander.” Anya said as she grabbed her arm and started down the hall to the plane.

“Well, this vacation is defiantly going to be interesting if anything else.” Buffy replied with a sigh as she followed her travel companion onto the plane.