Author's Chapter Notes:
AN: Sorry it took so long for me to post another chapter. Hope you enjoy it!! Again with the not owning anything. Joss is the man!! More to come!! *AbbyLou*
Chapter 17- Realizing

Buffy was exhausted. The flight consisted of trying to catch a nap, and listening to Anya go on about Xander. Anya finally got up to go to the bathroom and when she came back to her seat, Buffy pretended to be asleep in hopes that she would leave her alone. It worked for a little while until Buffy sneezed and Anya insisted that she couldn’t still be asleep after that and started with her rambling again.

When the plane landed she was greeted with open arms by her big brother. She started to giggle as he picked her up and swung her around in circles. “I’ve missed you little sister.” He said as he sat her back down on her feet.

“I missed you to big bro!” She replied as she wrapped her arms around his waist for another hug.

“Damn, I can see that good looks defiantly run in your family Buff, he’s even hotter in person than he is in the pictures I’ve seen.” Anya said making her presence known.

Buffy rolled her eyes but made with the introductions. “Angel, this is Anya. Anya, my brother Angel.”

“Nice to meet you.” Angel said with a smile.

“Believe me the pleasure is all mine. If I wasn’t so into your little sisters best friend then I’d be enjoying orgasms with someone else.” Anya said as she made her way past them heading to the baggage claim.

Buffy laughed at the look on Angel’s face and she linked her arm through his. “You’ll get used to her big brother. Now let’s go get our stuff. I can’t wait to see mom and dad.”

***************
The car ride home was actually calm. The girls had Angel laughing at some of the stories from school and Angel was telling them about how Joyce was driving him absolutely crazy with getting the house ready for the holidays.

As they all made there way into the Summers house they were greeted with an overly excited Joyce.

“Buffy honey, I missed you so much!” Joyce exclaimed at she wrapped her daughter in a tight hug.

“That’s okay, I learned how to not breathe while I was at school.” Buffy said in a strained voice as her face turned red.

Joyce finally released her and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

“Where’s dad?” Buffy asked as she took off her jacket.

“He ran to the grocery store to pick up some things I needed for dinner tonight. He should be back shortly.” Joyce then turned her attention to the girl standing behind Buffy. “You must me Anya.” She said with a welcoming smile.

“Yes, thank you for letting me stay with you over the holidays Mrs. Summers. I really appreciate it!” Anya said as she held out her hand to shake.

“None of this Mrs. Summers stuff, you can call me Joyce.” She turned to Buffy as she continued. “Now you two go on up and get settled and I’ll call you when your father or Xander gets here.”

“Sounds good.” Buffy replied as her and Anya began to gather all their luggage.

Just then they all heard the back door open. “I’m back.” Hank hollered from the kitchen.

“Daddy!” Buffy yelled as she dropped all her things and ran to the kitchen. When she saw him she immediately threw herself in his arms.

“How’s my princess?” He asked as he hugged her closed to him.

“Great daddy, I’m so happy to see you!” She said as she leaned in and blew a raspberry on his cheek causing them both to giggle.

“Hank honey, come and meet Anya then let the girls go get settled in before supper.” Joyce said from the kitchen doorway.

“Yes dear.” He replied with a sigh as he put his arm around Buffy’s shoulders and led her to the living room.

**********

“When is Xander going to get here?” Anya asked as she and Buffy put there things away in Buffy’s room.

“Mom said anytime. I figured that tonight we would just hang out here and watch movies and stuff, what do ya think?” Buffy asked as she sat down on her bed.

“Sounds like a plan.” Anya replied as she hung some of her clothes in Buffy’s closet.

“Girls, Xanders just pulled up and dinner is ready.” Joyce’s voice sounded from downstairs.

“We’ll be down in a minute.” Buffy answered.

The girls got out into the hallway before Anya suddenly stopped and placed her hand over her stomach.

“You okay?” Buffy asked.

“Yeah, just got a major case of butterflies all the sudden.” She said as she took a deep breath.

Buffy tilted her head to the side as she studied her friend. “You really like him, don’t you?”

“Does the word duh, mean anything to you?”

Buffy just rolled her eyes as Anya walked past her and started down the stairs.

Before she reached the kitchen, Buffy’s cell phone started ringing in her pocket. Looking at the caller ID her eyes widened when she saw Spike’s name on the screen. “Damn, I forgot to call him.” She whispered as she flipped her phone open and sat down on the bottom step.

“I’m sorry I forgot to call when we landed, but the airport was crowed and I just got caught up in the whole family thing, then we had to get our stuff put away and then Xander got here and now dinner’s ready so please don’t be mad!” Buffy was gasping for breath by the time she finished her apology.

She relaxed a little when she heard him chuckling on the other end. “I take it your not mad?” She asked with a sigh.

“I’m not mad kitten, just glad that you got there okay.” Spike answered.

“Everything is fine on this coast, how bout you? You at your mom’s yet?”

“I got here about an hour ago. Campus was getting pretty bare so I decided to leave early and beat some of the holiday traffic.” Spike said as he made himself more comfortable on the couch at his mum’s house. “How was the flight?”

“Not bad, although if I never heard another word about Xander I’d be happy.” She said with a sigh causing Spike to chuckle.

“That girl needs serious therapy.” Spike said as he kicked his boots off and got more comfortable. “What are you plans for tonight, luv?”

“I fully intend on turning into a vegetable this evening. We all decided to just hang out and watch movies since the jet lag is starting to set in.” Buffy replied as she turned to lean on the wall. “What about you? Big evening with your mom planned?”

“About the same. Mum fixed dinner and then we are just going to ‘catch up’ I think she said. Which is always fun.” Spike replied and Buffy could just see him roll his eyes.

Angel chose that moment to walk around the corner. “There you are, you coming cause mom won’t let us start without you and I’m pretty sure Anya is going to make Xander embarrass himself shortly if you don’t get in there.”

Buffy rolled her eyes as Spike chuckled on the line. “I’ll be right there Angel.” She said as Angel made his way back to the kitchen.

“I have to go eat, but I’ll call you later okay?” Buffy asked.

“On one condition, luv.”

“What’s that?” Buffy asked confused.

“You have to be naked when you call.” Spike replied, chuckling when he could practically hear her blushing over the phone.

“Spike, I’m not having phone sex with you.” She said in a whisper.

“Come on luv, you know you want to try it. You said the other day that you were pretty sure my voice alone could make you…”

“Hanging up now!” Buffy said as her face turned ever more red.

She scowled at the laughter coming from the other end of the line.

“You’re impossible you know that?”

“Yet you still want to….”

“Spike!”

“Okay, okay, I’m done. I’ll let you go eat.” Spike said trying to control his laughter.

“Talk to you later, miss you.” Buffy said.

“Miss you too luv, bye now.” Spike answered before he shut off his phone.

He sat the phone down on the coffee table and rubbed his hand over his face. This was going to be the longest week of his life. How was he possibly going to make it that long without her. Every time he tried to tell her how he felt about her, something came up or as was the case most time, he chickened out. The tension eased a little bit when he found out Riley hadn’t told Cordy that he loved her yet. He wished he would have told Buffy before she left. Not being able to tell her got harder everyday.

“You okay sweetheart?”

Spikes raised his head when he heard his mother’s voice in the doorway to the kitchen. Jenny Giles owns and runs the local day care center. Not wanting to give up the kids when her husband Rupert got offered a teaching job back in England she decided to stay in the states and keep the day care going. They flew back and forth from the States and England when whenever they got the chance. “Yeah, mum, I’m fine. Just tired is all.”

Knowing that he was lying, Jenny decided to let it go. He would tell her what was wrong in his own time. “Well, dinner is ready so come and eat then we can catch up afterwards, okay?”

“Sure thing.” Spike replied with a sigh as he got up from the couch.

**********

“You okay?”

The questions startled Buffy out of her thoughts later that night. She turned in her bed too look over at Anya who was looking at her with a curious look.

“Can I ask you something?” Buffy said as she sat up on her bed.

“Does this have anything to do with you being in love with Spike?” Anya said as she sat up.

Buffy’s eyes grew comically large as she stared at Anya. “Who said I loved him?”

“Nobody had to say it. Anyone with half a brain can see that you two are in love.” Anya replied as she rolled her eyes.

“You think he loves me? I mean, what if I scare him off by telling him? What if he doesn’t want that kind of relationship? What if…”

“He loves you!” Anya practically yelled at her to get her to be quite. “He’s completely head over heals in love with you. I’ve seen the way he looks as you Buff. That’s not a look someone gives to their ‘just sex’ partner. It’s love.”

“Really?” Buffy asked trying to hide the smile on her face.

“Yes! Now enough with the mushy talk, I need to get to sleep. Xander’s coming over to show me around town and I have to have plenty of energy for lots of orgasms.” Anya said lying back down and rolling over.

Buffy shook her head as she got comfortable under her covers. A smile formed on her face at the thought of Spike loving her back. Deciding that she would tell him when she got back to New York, she rolled over and drifted off into a Spike dream filled sleep.