Author's Chapter Notes:
AN: I know what some of you are thinking. ‘They finally said the big “L” word!!’ Go Spuffy! Anyway, thanks for the reviews and thanks to all the readers that are still hanging around while I seem to be taking my sweet time getting this story out of my head. You all kick ass!! Again Joss is the man and I will never live up to his wisdom. Oh yeah, the song was “I knew I loved you before I met you.” By Savage Garden. Xoxo’s AbbyLou
“Why aren’t you answering your phone?” Buffy said to herself as she closed her cell phone.

“What was that honey?” Joyce asked her daughter as she looked up from the menu in her hands.

They had spent most of the day at the mall finishing up some Christmas shopping and now they were seated in a booth at a local restaurant.

“Nothing mom, just wondering why Spike wasn’t answering his phone.” She sighed as she placed her phone back in her purse and grabbed her menu.

Joyce looked up at the sad sound in her daughters voice. She was nervous when Buffy first called and said that she had met someone at school. That feeling faded when Xander came home from his visit and told her what a great guy Spike was and how happy Buffy was with him. When Xander called her to tell her Spike was on his way she was excited that she was going to finally meet the guy that stole her daughters heart.

“I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about dear.” Joyce replied as she hid her smile behind the menu in her hands.

Buffy just nodded her head and went back to reading her menu. The waitress came and took their orders. When their food arrived, the conversation was nice as mother and daughter caught up on everything going on in their lives.

**********

They arrived home later that evening to find Hank, Angel and Anya engrossed in some sci-fi movie in the living room. None of them bothering to look up when the Summers girls walked through the door. After putting all their loot away, Buffy and Joyce joined in an were soon hooked to the movie as well.

About twenty minutes after getting comfortable in a big lounge chair, Buffy suddenly realized that Xander was not there.

“Hey Anya, where’s Xand at?”

“He said something about having to go and finish up some Christmas stuff. He said he would be back to spend some ‘quality time’ with me later.” Any replied never taking her eyes from the television.

Buffy rolled her eyes a the ‘quality time’ comment. Seriously, how much ‘quality time’ could two people have in one day. She felt herself start to turn red when she thought about the ‘quality time’ her and Spike shared the day before she left to come home. She was sure that the entire floor and maybe the ones above and below them got to hear just how much she enjoyed her ‘quality time’. Her face turned even redder when she thought about all the dirty things they were whispering to each other when the pace of their coupling had slowed to a nice leisurely one.

“You okay sis?” Angel had looked over to his sister and noticed that her face was flush and she looked a little sweaty.

Buffy’s head shot up when she realized that someone was talking to her. “Huh?”

“I asked if you were okay. Your face looks a little flush. You’re not getting sick are you?” Angel asked as he tilted his head and studied her better.

“Oh, I-I’m fine. Just tired I guess.” She quickly answered hoping he didn’t realize what she had just been thinking about.

“If you say so.” Angel just shrugged and turned his eyes back to the television.

The doorbell rang and Joyce had to roll her eyes as everyone in the room acted like they didn’t here it. “Don’t worry, I’ll get it.” She sighed as she went to answer the door.

She smiled when she saw Xander on the other side of the door. It turned into a frown when she didn’t see Spike with him. Joyce quietly shut the door behind her as she stepped out on the porch.

“Evening Joyce.” Xander replied as he stepped back to allow her to move away from the door.

Making sure to keep a low tone of voice she asked “Where’s Spike at?”

“Right here Mrs. Summers.” Spike stepped out of the shadows of the porch and smiled at her. “Just wanted to make sure Buffy didn’t see me ‘s all.” He finished shyly.

Joyce smiled in understanding. She reached out her hand for him to shake . “It’s so nice to finally meet the boy that has my daughter so smitten, and please call me Joyce. Mrs. Summers makes me feel old.”

Spike smiled at that as he place his hand in hers. “Nice to finally meet you, Joyce.”

“So how do you want to surprise Buffy? I’m sure you boys already have plan in mind. Do you need me to do anything?” Joyce said as she looked back and forth between the boys.

“Just needed to make sure Buffster was here. She is here right?” Xander asked with wide eyes.

“Yes sweetie, she is here. She is engrossed in a meaningless sci-fi movie with everyone as we speak.” Joyce patiently answered.

“I’ll go in with you then wait a few minutes then tell Buffy that I forgot something in my car and ask if she’ll go get it. The rest is up to bleach boy here.” Xander shook his head in the direction of Spike.

“Sounds like a plan.” Joyce said as she stepped in the house first.

Xander turned to Spike and smiled when he saw him grab his guitar from the porch swing and put it around his shoulder. “You ready for this man?”

“As I’ll ever be.” Spike replied with a small smile. Truth be told, he felt like leaning over the railing and tossing his cookies. He had never been so nervous in his entire life. Feeling his back pocket to make sure his girls present was still there, he took a deep breathe as he looked back up at Xander.

“Okay, I’ll send her out in a few minutes. Good luck.” With that said, Xander went into the house and greeted the summers clan and grabbed a seat by Anya.

A few minutes passed and Xander looked over at Buffy. He knew his best friend wasn’t going to go without some major persuading being that she was the most stubborn person he ever met. Knowing how depressed his best friend had been since she left New York was killing him. He hated to see her that way. He also had a feeling that Spike was in no better shape than she was. He couldn’t wait to see her face when she saw him.

“Hey Buffster?”

“Huh?” Buffy replied barely taking her eyes away from the show.

“I forgot my cell phone in the car. Would you maybe want to go grab it for me?” He held is breathe as he waited for her to reply. He was not disappointed with her reaction either.

“Why can’t you go grab it, you forgot it?” She said with an irritated voice.

“Please?” He tried again.

“Umm…let me think…No…got get it yourself.” She said as she turned her attention back to the movie.

“Elizabeth Anne Summers! He is your friend and he politely asked you a favor. Now go get his phone for him!” Joyce almost laughed at the look on Xander’s face when she intervened. The poor boy’s eyes got comically wide and his mouth was hanging open.

Knowing that she shouldn’t argue with her mother, Buffy reluctantly headed for the front door all the while mumbling something about ‘overbearing mothers and lazy best friends.’ Xander just mouthed a silent ‘thank you’ to Joyce who just winked in reply.

Buffy opened the door and stepped out on the porch. “Geesh, he was just sitting there, he could have gotten his lazy butt up and got the damn phone himself.”

Before she made it to the steps a soft sound had her turning to look into the eyes that have been the leading roll in her dreams since she left New York.

The music was soft and beautiful. Buffy couldn’t have moved if she wanted too when Spike started singing to her.

Maybe it's intuition
some things you just don't question
Like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant
and there it goes
I think I've found my best friend

Spike held her gaze as he took another step towards her. Never in a million years would he have thought that he would be here getting ready to tell the love of his life that she was just that, the love of his life.

I know that it might sound more than
a little crazy but I believe
I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life
I knew I loved you before I met you
I have been waiting all my life

Buffy shook her head a couple of time trying to decide if she was hallucinating or not. Spike was in New York with his family. Not in California singing the sweetest song to her on her front porch.

There's just no rhyme or reason
only this sense of completion
And in your eyes
I see the missing pieces
I'm searching for
I think I found my way home

I know that it might sound more than
a little crazy but I believe
I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life
I knew I loved you before I met you

I have been waiting all my life
A thousand angels dance around you
I am complete now that I found you

Buffy still couldn’t move as Spike finished singing and placed his guitar against the railing of the porch.

“Are you real?” She asked in a whisper. Afraid that if she spoke too loud he might disappear.

Spike chuckled as he grabbed her pulled her in his embrace. “Yeah, I’m real, pet.”

Wrapping her arms around his waist and inhaling the scent that was purely Spike she spoke again. “What are you doing here? I mean not that I’m complaining or anything, cause hey, you’re here!”

“Well, I have something really important to tell you and it couldn’t wait till we got back to school.” Spike said as he let go of her to grab the box out of his back pocket.

“What’s so important that you had to fly all the way to California to…..” She trailed off when she noticed what he was holding in his hand.

“Buffy, I think you’re what I’ve been waiting for all my life and I’m not letting you go. You’re my heart and soul and I couldn’t imaging being with anyone but you from now on. I love you.”

Buffy was shocked. He couldn’t have possible just told her that he loved her. And he possible couldn’t be standing there holding a beautiful silver ring what a pink heart shaped stone.

“Did you just propose to me?” She asked not able to take her eyes from the ring in his hand.

“Not a proposal. I don’t think we are to that point…yet. This is my promise though. My promise to always be here for you when you need me. A promise that I will always try and make you happy…..If I didn’t just bullocks everything up by telling you all this.” He ducked his head shyly after his confession.

Buffy was sure she was dreaming now. The man that she loved more than anything in her whole life was standing in front of her holding a ring and just declared to love her and basically promised to marry her when they were both ready. Then again she couldn’t be dreaming cause even her dreams didn’t turn out this great.

“Um….pet?” Spike said more than nervous when her gaze just kept shifting from his face to the ring. “Now would be the time to say something.”

Buffy locked her eyes with his when she snapped out of her daze. “Sorry, I thought I was dreaming.” She said with a tiny smile. “Spike I don’t know what to say.”

Spike got a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. She didn’t love him. Everyone had told him wrong. “I know this is crazy, I just thought that maybe there was some chance….”

“Spike.”

“You might feel like I feel, but I guess I was……”

“Spike.”

“Wrong. I’m sorry pet, I guess I…….”

“SPIKE!”

His gaze snapped to hers when she yelled his name to get his attention.

“Yeah?” He said dejectedly.

“I love you too.” Was her simply reply.

“You do?” He asked, still unsure if he heard her right.

“Everything you said before holds true from this side too. Now put the ring on my finger and kiss me already!”

He slipped the ring on her finger and put all his pent up tension into the kiss. After oxygen became an issue he broke from her lips and rested his forehead against hers.

“I love you Buffy.”

“I love you too Spike.”


Chapter End Notes:
I'm sorry to leave the story here but I've just got so much stuff in my head right now. I hope to eventually get back to it but for now thanks for all the reviews and advice!! You all rock!!