Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for all the reviews! Really appreciated!! Again I own nothing, yadda, yadda, yadda...
Chapter 3 – Not So Much Like Home

Buffy groaned as she looked over at her alarm clock. 2:45am it read. After everyone finished eating they all headed back up to their respective rooms to finish getting settled in. Now she was staring at the ceiling, apparently not going to fall asleep anytime soon.

“I have to pee anyway, I might as well get up.” She said to herself as she stood and headed to the door. She quietly made her way down the hall to the bathroom noticing that no one else seemed to be up. “I’m glad everyone else is all cozy, far off in dream land.” She grumbled to herself.

After she finished washing her hands she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror. Her hair was a tousled mess and her eyes had bags under them. She tried to straighten her hair a little but it just wouldn’t seem to cooperate. “Ggrrr...this is exactly why you need to get some sleep, you look like you just got out of a wind tunnel.” She said to her reflection.

“Talking to yourself again Summers?” Buffy was glad that she had already went to the bathroom cause she would have really just embarrassed herself in front of Spike. Well not that getting caught talking to yourself wasn’t embarrassing but at least she was dry.

“You really need to quit doing that “She replied as she glared at him.

“Sorry luv, couldn’t sleep either I take it?” He said as he leaned on the sink next to her.

“New place I guess. This is the farthest I’ve ever been away from home. I know it sounds silly I mean I’m 18 years old, but I guess I’m kinda missing my bed back in Sunnydale.” She stared ahead at one of the stalls never making eye contact with him.

“Nah, not silly pet, pretty normal to feel like that. I was having a hard time falling asleep to.” He move to lean on the stall in front of her as she jumped up on the counter.

She finally got a good look at him now that he was standing in front of her. He was clad in a pair of black jogging pants and nothing else. Buffy about started drooling when she got a good look at his chest and abs. ‘Well defined and oh so lickable’ She thought as she continued to indiscreetly check him out.

Spike was loving how innocent she was looking in her Yummy Sushi pajamas. ‘I wonder just how innocent she really is.’ He smiled when she started kicking her legs against the side of the sink like a 4 year old would do.

“You wanna come and hang out in my room since neither of us can sleep?” He asked with a tilt of his head. “We could watch TV or something maybe chat a bit?”

‘Alone in his room with no one else around….OH MY’ Buffy’s face blushed a pretty red and as she quickly tried to find the voice that ran off as soon as he asked the question. “Sure, sounds like a plan.” She finally replied hopping off the counter.

She followed him down the hall to his room and he quietly shut the door behind her. “Okay, you wanna watch regular TV pet or would you rather watch a movie?”

“Movie sounds good, whatcha got?” She said as she sat down on his double bed.

‘Damn she looks good sitting on my bed. I bet she’d look even better lying under me on it though.’ Spike shook those thoughts out of his head as he began to look at his movie collection. “You in the mood for scary, romance, comedy, or drama?”

“Can I see what you have?” She asked. In seeing his nod she made her way over to his shelves of movies. “You have The Breakfast Club?” She said with a raise of her eyebrow.

“Oi, it’s a bloody classic pet!”

“Let’s watch that!” she said as she made her way back to his bed. “I think the last time I watched it was when Xander came over to my house with movies and ice cream to try and cheer me up. I was like 10 or something.”

“Why’d you need cheering up?” he replied as he put the movie in and sat down on his bed next to her.

She propped herself up on his pillows as she continue her story, “I wrecked my bike going down this VERY steep hill back home and I scrapped up my knees pretty bad and broke my wrist. Xand carried me all the way home piggy back with me screaming and crying in his ear.” She got a far off look in her eyes as the memory assaulted her. “After I got back from the hospital, he came over with movies and ice cream to keep me company that night.” She was looking at the TV when she finished the story but Spike could tell she wasn’t really paying attention to it.

“You okay kitten?” He asked as he scooted down the bed to lay next to her on his pillows.

She rolled over on her side so she was facing him. “Does the feeling go away?”

“What feeling?” He asked as he turned his head to look at her.

“Being homesick?” She said quietly and his heart about broke at the sad look in her eyes.

He rolled on to his side so he mirrored her position. “It goes away I promise.” He said. “It might not seem like it now but once classes get started you’ll feel better.” He reached out to tuck a strand of hear behind her ear.

She smiled softly as they both turned their eyes to the movie. Both paying more attention to the person lying beside them than the movie.

**********

After awhile Spike cast a glance over at Buffy and noticed that she was having a hard time keeping her eyes open. “Tired kitten?”

Buffy’s eyes slowly opened to look into his. “Yeah, but I don’t wanna go back to my room. It’s too lonely over there.” She said as her eyes drifted closed again.

Spike didn’t think that he could have her in his bed all night and control himself. ‘Think you git, gotta help the girl without scaring her’ He thought as he looked around the room.

“How bout this.” He said as he moved to get off the bed. “We can open the door between our rooms that way it won’t seem like you’re alone?”

She gave him a sleepy smile and asked “Really?”

“Sure thing pet, anything to help ya sleep.” She smiled again at the sweetness of his voice as she moved to get off his bed.

“You’re the best.” She said as she threw her arms around his neck and hugged him. As she let him go she whispered “thank you” in his ear.

Spikes lower half started to stir in his pants as the smell of her entered his senses. The feel of her body pressed against his became almost too much. A quick trip to the bathroom for a long conversation with his had was defiantly on order soon since the door joining their rooms was going to be open. “No need to thank me pet, just go get some rest.” He replied softly.

She smiled sweetly as Spike watched her climb into bed. ‘This is going to be a longer night than I thought’ He told himself as he watched her fall quickly to sleep.