Author's Chapter Notes:
Songs are again The Wreckers “Leave the Pieces” and Lifehouse “You and Me”. Like I’ve said before I don’t own anything from the BTVS or Angel universes. I also don’t own any of the lines you might recognize from different movies. I would also like to thank everyone for their wonderful reviews so far!! You all rock!!
Chapter 6 – Hanging Out

“How’s your assignment going for Professor Burkel’s class?” Buffy asked as she looked over at the man walking beside her. They had just left the burger joint on campus and were now walking hand in hand to their building, just enjoying each other’s company.

“Not bad, the bridge needs a little work but other than that I’m almost done.” He replied and then smiled as she started to swing there interlocked hands. “How bout you?”

“I finished that song that you heard part of the other day. I’m probably gonna use that one. It fits all the criteria so I figured why not.”

They reached the door to the lobby and headed to the elevator as Spike asked “Can I hear the rest of it? Then maybe you can help me with mine.”

“Sure.” She replied as they made their way out of the elevator. “Go grab your guitar and meet me in the common room, I have chocolate ice cream and two spoons with our name on them.” She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and went to get her things.

They met in the common room about 5 minutes later. They sat down on the couch facing each other with their guitars in their laps and the tub of ice cream sat between them.
“Chocolate, it does a body good.” Buffy said as she put a spoonful in her mouth. Spike chuckled as he took a bite himself and then left his spoon in the carton.

“Let see what you’ve got Summers.”

She smiled sweetly at him and began to play the first cords of the song.

You’re not sure that you love me
But you’re not sure enough to let me go
Baby it ain’t fair ya know to just keep me hangin round
You say you don’t wanna hurt me
Don’t wanna see my tears
So why are you still standing here just watching me drown?

And it’s alright yeah I’ll be fine
Don’t worry about this heart of mine
Just take your love and hit the road
There’s nothing you can do or say
You’re gonna break my heart anyway
So just leave the pieces when you go

Buffy’s heart skipped a beat when Spike began to play along with her. ‘Damn he looks sexy when he play’s’ She thought as she began to sing the next lyrics of her song.

Now you can drag out the heartache
Baby you can make it quick
Really get it over with
And just let me move on

Don’t concern yourself
With this mess you left for me
I can clean it up you see
Just as long as you’re gone

And it’s alright yeah I’ll be fine
Don’t worry about this heart of mine
Just take your love and hit the road
There’s nothing you can do or say
You’re gonna break my heart anyway
So just leave the pieces when you go

You not making up your mind
Is killing me and wasting time
I need so much more than that

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

And it’s alright yeah I’ll be fine
Don’t worry about this heart of mine
Just take your love and hit the road
There’s nothing you can do or say
You’re gonna break my heart anyway
So just leave the pieces when you go

Leave the pieces when you go
Oh yeah, leave the pieces with you go

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Leave the pieces when you go

Buffy draped her arms over her guitar and tilted her head to the side studying him. “We’re good together.” Her eyes bugged out when she realized what she had said but then turned into a glare when all Spike did was chuckle.

“When you say together….” He said with smirk as he ran his tongue along the back of his teeth.

“PIG” Buffy yelled as she threw a couch pillow at him.

“Now, now pet, you know you’ve thought about me naked.” He said as he dodged the pillow.

“Am I that transparent?” She asked is mock surprise. Then in the best monotone voice she could muster continued, “I need you, I want you, oh baby, oh baby.”

They both burst out laughing not realizing that they attracted an audience. “What are you two on and why aren’t you sharing any?” Oz asked as he sat down in the chair across from the two blonds.

“Very funny, mate.” Spike replied as he tossed the pillow back at Buffy when she stuck her tongue at him.

“Spikey here was getting ready to play a song for me.” Buffy said as she set her guitar down and got comfy for the show.

“Still having problems with the bridge?” Oz asked as she reached for Buffy’s guitar and raised his eyes to her for permission. “Knock your self out.” Was her reply as she picked up the almost melted ice cream carton and started eating.

“Yeah, tempo’s wrong or something, just don’t feel right.” Spike said as he began to play the troublesome part.

Oz sat there and thought for a minute as he listened to Spike play the chords. “Why don’t you try and slow the whole tempo down like this.” Oz began to play the first verse and Spike smiled “That just might work mate, lets take it from the top.”

Buffy sat mesmerized as she watched Spike’s fingers dance along the strings. Never had she seen him so much in his element. When he started singing, Buffy couldn’t breathe. His voice was hypnotizing.

What day is it?
And in what month
This clock never seemed so alive
I can’t keep up
And I can’t back down
I’ve been losing so much time

Cause it’s you and me
And all other people
With nothing to do
Nothing to lose
And it’s you and me
And all other people
And I don’t know why
I can’t keep my eyes off of you

Buffy was pretty sure that she was gawking, but she didn’t care. He was hot. ‘I bet he sounds even hotter when he’s getting ready to… bad Buffy, you need to pay attention to the song and not his body, what are you going to say? ‘Oh I’m sorry, could you play it again I was too busy having sex with you in my head and didn’t catch any of it.’ Yeah, right!’

What are the things
That I wanna say
Just aren’t coming out right
I’m tripping on words
You got my head spinning
I don’t know where to go from here

Cause it’s you and me
And all other people
With nothing to do
Nothing to prove
And it’s you and me
And all other people
And I don’t know why
I can’t keep my eyes off of you

There’s something about you now
That I can’t quite figure out
Everything she does beautiful
Everything she does is right

Cause it’s you and me
And all other people
With nothing to do
Nothing to lose
And it’s you and me
And all other people
And I don’t know why
I can’t keep my eyes off of you
And me and all other people
With nothing to do
Nothing to prove
And It’s you and me
And all other people
And I don’t know why
I can’t keep my eyes off of you

What day is it?
And in what month
This clock never seemed so alive

“Much better man” Oz said as he sat Buffy’s guitar back down.

“The great and powerful Oz strikes again.” Spike said as he smiled his approval and sat his guitar next to Buffy’s.

“You two work even better together.” Buffy tried for serious but at Spike’s panicked look she busted out laughing and then squealed when Spike tackled her backwards on the couch.

“Oi, take that back!” Spike said as he began to tickle her mercilessly.
All Buffy managed to squeak out around her giggles was “Never!”

Oz just shook his head at the antics of the two blondes on the couch. His only thought as he made his way back to his room was ‘bout damn time.”

Buffy had managed to get the upper hand when she wrapped her legs around Spike’s torso and flipped them off the couch. When they landed she was on top with one leg on each side of him. With his hands pinned above his head Buffy leaned her chest against his and said “Now what ya gonna do Bleached Wonder?”

Spike was having a very ‘hard’ time thinking. When she pressed her breasts against his chest he was sure that he was going to embarrass himself right then and there. He arched his hips and smiled as she closed her eyes and let out a raspy moan when he pressed his hardness against her center. Seeing his opportunity to change the game, Spike quickly flipped them so he was on top his face just centimeters from hers. He smirked when she pouted and replied “No fair, that’s cheating.”

In reply all he did was lean down and suck her bottom lip into his mouth. He flicked it with his tongue a few times then released it. They just stared at each other for what seemed like forever, memorizing each others faces.

Buffy surprised them both by grabbing the back of his head and pulling him down for a hard kiss. Everything else disappeared as their tongues began to battle. Spike ran his hands down her side and moaned when he encounter the bare skin of her stomach from where her shirt had risen up. She moaned against his lips and threaded her fingers through his hair making curls appear in their wake.

“You know there are these nifty inventions called dorm rooms.” Cordy sing-songed as she walked into the room with Anya, Lorne, and Willow in tow.

Spike rolled his eyes as he moved to help a prettily blushing Buffy off the floor. He just winked at her then moved to sit back down on the couch pulling her to sit beside him.

“You two could probably give each other many enjoyable orgasms if you were alone in one of your rooms.” Anya said as she plopped down in a chair and flipped on the television.

Buffy was staring at her in amazement while Spike just chuckled and then leaned over to whisper in Buffy’s ear, “You’ll get used to her, luv.” Buffy shook her head and leaned closer to him when he put his arm around her on the back of the couch. She smiled when he absent mindedly started playing with a strand of her hair.

“The queen of bluntness strikes again.” Lorne said as he sat in the love seat next to Cordy.

“I saw you in one of the dance studios yesterday Cordy. Who’s your hottie of a dance partner?” Willow asked as she grabbed a pillow and laid on the floor near Cordy’s feet.

“Oh, that would be Collin Reynolds, her new flavor of the week.” Anya said turning in her chair to smile at the now scowling Cordelia. “I saw him leaving your room which happens to be next to mine. Seriously you could at least try and keep it down.” Anya finished as she turned her attention back to the T.V.

Cordiela blushed a little at the remark and then elbowed Lorne when he tried unsuccessfully to hide his laugh. “Watch it sweetness, I bruise easy.” Lorne said as he rubbed his sore arm.

“He did fill out those sweats he was wearing pretty good.” Willow said trying not to laugh, but failing when all Cordy said was “Oh yeah.”

“What’s so funny?” Riley asked as he walked into the room behind Oz.

“Nothing, just talking about the orgasms Cordy got from her dance partner.” Anya replied, never taking her eyes of the television.

“Sorry I missed it.” Oz said as he sat on the floor and leaned on the side of the love seat next to Lorne.

“We brought movies and popcorn if anyone is interested.” Riley said as he moved to the microwave.

“Oohh, our first official movie night!” Willow exclaimed as she sat up to lean on the side of the loveseat.

“We have Exit Wounds, Monty Python’s Holy Grail, or The Replacements.” Riley read from the moves he was holding.

“Holy Grail!” Came the chorused reply from the room.

“That was easy.” Riley said as he brought over the popcorn and popped the movie in. He turned off the lights and plopped down next to Anya’s chair.

Buffy looked around at everyone in the room. She couldn’t have picked a better crowd to be a part of. She smiled when Spike pulled her closer and kissed the top of her head. She raised her eyes to his and her smile grew when he leaned in to place a soft kiss on her lips. She slid her tongue along his bottom lip seeking entrance and Spike barely suppressed a moan as he tried to pull her closer.

“I can hear your lips smacking over there.” Anya scolded, never taking her eyes from the movie.

With a roll of her eyes, Buffy snuggled closer to Spike and laid her head on his chest.

‘This is gonna be a long night’ They both thought as they turned their attention back to the movie.