Author's Chapter Notes:
AN: Thanks again for all the wonderful reviews! I’ll be gone this weekend so I don’t know when the next chapter will be up. I have it started so hopefully I won’t keep you all waiting too long. Keep the reviews coming! They make me write faster! LOL *AbbyLou*
Chapter 9 – Bonds

Spike would have laughed at the look on Buffy’s face if he wasn’t already in trouble with her. He remembered his mother telling him that it was better to be a fool and keep your mouth shut than to open it and remove all doubt, he decided to keep his shut.

“How did you know I thought that?” Buffy asked as she narrowed her eyes on him.

“Well…” Spike paused for a moment deciding that he was just going to have to tell her the truth, at least if he wanted to keep his privates. “I sort of…maybe…over heard you and the little one talking earlier…in your room…” His voice trailed off as he suddenly found a piece of lint on the blanket very interesting.

“You were spying on me?” She asked quietly, never taking her eyes away from her hands that still rested on his chest.

“I didn’t mean to listen so long. I heard you two giggling and then the bit asked about me.” Spike said as he chanced a look at her. “You mean to tell me you wouldn’t listen if you heard someone talking about you?” He asked as he placed a strand of hair behind her ear.

Buffy thought about it for a minute. Of course she would listen if she over heard someone talking about her. She gave him a little smile as she finally met his eyes.

“Your making it very hard for me to be mad at you.” She said as she traced his sharp cheek bones with her fingers.

“I didn’t mean to upset you, luv. Am I forgiven?” He asked as he leaned down to place a sweet kiss on her lips.

He smiled against her lips when all she did was sigh into the kiss. “I’ll take that as a yes?”

“Not sure, you still may have to convince me.” She squealed when he rolled them over so he was hovering over her.

“I think I can manage that.” He said as he claimed her lips again.

**********
2 Hours Later

Two bodies lay interlocked and panting. “Am I… forgiven now?” Spike asked as he tried to gain control over his breathing.

“I’ll let you know when my brain starts functioning again.” Buffy replied as she snuggled further in to his arms and yawned.

He chuckled as she closed her eyes. “Tired kitten?” Spike asked as he placed a kiss on the top of her head.

“Someone wore me out.” She pouted up at him never opening her eyes.

“Well, I had to show you I was worthy of your forgiveness didn’t I?”

“You’re forgiven, now go to sleep.” She said already half way to dream land.

“As you wish” He replied following her into sleep.


**********
*Knock Knock Knock*

Buffy rolled over and glanced at her alarm clock. She groaned as she tried to extract herself from Spike’s body. He mumbled something under his breath as he rolled onto his back, allowing her to get off the bed.

*Knock Knock Knock*

“Buffy you in there?” Came the frantic voice of Willow from the hallway.

Buffy scrambled to get into her robe as Spike started to wake up from the noise. “On my way.” She hollered while tying her robe.

She threw the door open only to have a disheveled redhead rush into her room. Quickly glancing over at Spike to make sure he was covered she turned her attention back to Willow. “Will’s what’s wrong?”

“Cordy’s in the hospital!” Willow had tears running down her face as she tried to catch her breath.

“What?!” “What happened?” Buffy and Spike asked at the same time.

“Riley said they were attacked in the alley behind the gym. Someone hit Riley in the head and knocked him out and then when he woke up Cordy was bleeding and unconscious. We have to go but I can’t drive but we need to see her and make sure she is okay. Riley is okay just a minor concussion but Cordy won’t wake up!” Willow was crying uncontrollably by the time she finished her rant.

“Calm down luv, we’ll get dressed and I’ll drive us to the hospital, yeah?” Spike stood and wrapped up the sheet around his waist.

Willow nodded and watched as he went through the adjoining door to his room closing it behind him. Her eyes grew wide when she realized what she just walked in on and she turned her gaze to Buffy.

“Let’s save that conversation for another time, shall we?” Buffy said as she grabbed her jeans and put them on under her robe. “Who’s all at the hospital?” She asked in hopes to change the subject.

“Um.. just Riley and Cordy. Oz and Lorne went to go get Anya from the art studio and then they were gonna meet everyone there.” Willow said as she sat down on Buffy’s bed and put her head in her hands. “Did someone call her parents?” Buffy asked as she slipped on her flip-flops. “Yeah, they are on the next flight here. They won’t get here till tomorrow though cause they were in Spain on a business trip.”

Buffy sat down on her bed and wrapped her arms around Willow. She looked up when Spike came back though the door and tossed her sheet on the end of her bed.

“Ready to go?” He asked

Both girls nodded and Spike opened the door and followed them out into the hallway. When they got into the elevator Willow’s cell phone started ringing. “It’s Riley!” She said as she quickly hit the talk button. “How’s Cordy?” She asked not bothering to say hello.

“She woke up about 5 minutes ago.” A very tired sounding Riley answered. “Where are you guys?”

“On the way right now. You need anything?” Willow asked.

“Nah, just got a headache from hell but other than that I’m okay. Better now that she’s awake.” Riley replied quietly.

“Hang tight, we’ll be there shortly.” Willow hung up the phone as Spike unlocked his car for them. “She’s awake! She’s gonna be okay!” Willow said as she climbed in the backseat.

“Queen C’s a tough bird, of course she’s gonna be okay.” Spike said as he climbed in behind the wheel. He looked over at Buffy in the passenger seat and winked at her. She smiled back at him as he put the car in gear and headed to the hospital.

Willow was the first out of the car barely waiting till it was at a complete stop before throwing the door open. Buffy and Spike just rolled their eyes and followed her into the hospital lobby.

Riley was sitting on a couch in the waiting room with his head in his hands. He had a white bandaged tapped to the side of his head and some butterfly bandages on his cheek. He looked up when he felt Spike tap him on the shoulder. “Hey man, any news?” Spike asked as he sat down next to him.

“Nothing new. The doctors have been in there with her since she woke up. Haven’t had a chance to see her yet.”

“How are you doing?” Buffy asked as she sat on the coffee table in front of Riley.

“Head hurts like a bitch and they said my cheek might have a tiny scar but nothing as serious as what happened to Cordy.” Riley put his head back in his hands and finally let the tears fall. “I could have done something different. I should have been paying more attention to who was around, I don’t know maybe I would have seen them approach…” His voice trailed off as his emotions got the better of him.

“Don’t do that to yourself man, you didn’t know what would happen.” Spike said. They all looked up when the waiting room doors opened to let in Oz and the others.

Anya was getting ready to talk when a doctor walked into the room.

“Are you here with Cordiela Chase?”

Willow was the one to speak up. “Yes sir. How is she? Can we see her?”

“Ms. Chase is going to be okay. She’s lost a lot of blood from a cut on her abdomen, her left ankle was broken, and she has a nasty black eye, but she’ll pull through just fine.”

Sighs of relief came from everyone in the room. When Anya spoke up. “Can we see her?”

“She actually was asking for Mr. Finn.” The doctor said.

“Go on mate.” Spike said as he stood up beside Riley. “We’ll be here when you get back.”

“Tell Queen C we’re here for her.” Lorne said as he sat down next to Oz.

“I won’t be long.” Riley said as he walked down the hall to Cordy’s room.

After he left the rest of the gang got comfortable as they waited for Riley to return.

Riley walked into Cordy’s room and stopped right inside the door. She was hooked up to oxygen and had a couple of IV’s in her arm. Her eye was purple and swollen shut, and her ankle was in a cast.

“You going to stand over there all night or are you going to come all the way in?” Cordy’s voice was a mere whisper to his ears.

Riley walked over to the side of her bed and pulled a chair closer to her. “I’m so sorry.” He said as the tears began falling again.

“Why are you sorry?” She asked confused.

“I let you get hurt. I should have see it coming or something…I don’t know.”

“With what, your psychic abilities that you don’t have?” She asked with a roll of her eyes. “Riley, you saved my life. I wouldn’t have made it if you hadn’t of call 911 so quick. You didn’t do anything wrong!”

“Still feels like I did.” He said with a dejected tone.

“I’m alive because of you, you big dope! Now shut up and hug me already.” She said with a small smile.

Riley leaned over and wrapped his arms around her in a gentle hug. “Willow and the gang are all out in the waiting room. I’ll go let them know they can come and see you.” Riley said as he let her go.

“Sounds good. Willow wasn’t too hysterical was she?” She said with a giggle.

“Nah, I think the others got the brunt of the craziness that is Willow.” He said as he walked toward the door.

When she didn’t reply he turned to see her looking down at her hands with silent tears running down her face. “You okay?” He asked.

“I’m not going to be able to dance for awhile am I?” Her sad tone about broke his heart.

“Not for awhile sweetheart, but after therapy you’ll heal just fine the doctor said. You’ll be right as rain in no time.” He said as he walked over to her again and kissed the top of her head. “I’ll help you get better I promise. You’ll be up and twirling in those skimpy outfits soon enough!” He said and then smiled when he got her to laugh a little.

“Be right back sweets.” He said with a wink as he walked out the door.

“She’s ready to see everyone now.” Riley said to the gang in the waiting room. As they stood to go down the hall, Anya noticed Spike grab Buffy’s hand and elbowed Lorne to get his attention. “What’s that about?” Anya whispered to him.

“Not sure but it’s about damn time if you ask me, those two have been giving off serious UST for the past week.” Lorne said just as quiet causing Anya to giggle and the others to turn around to see what the commotion was about.

“Nothing.” Lorne and Anya chorused together making the others roll their eyes at them.

“Kids.” Willow said as she made her way down the hall.