Author's Chapter Notes:
Note to Bluebird - I posted this story on Fanfiction about a year ago. This is an updated, revised and better (I hope) version.
“Buffy didn’t get home last night and she’s still missing.” Giles’ voice was somber.

“I knew it! That bleached blood sucker has done something to her!” Xander leaped to his feet and began to pace the Magic shop floor. “It was all a trick to get her on her own.”

“Xander, calm down. If it was just a ruse, don’t you think he’d have attacked her earlier – before they got here yesterday?” Giles said impatiently. “I think it was probably the originator of the enchantment that has taken them, we just have to find out who that is.”

“How do we do that?” asked Willow tearfully. “Oh! Oh! We gotta do a location spell.” She started to search the shelves behind them for the ingredients.

“Yes, good idea.” Giles said. “I was actually going to suggest that myself.”


___________________________________


When the situation had been explained and the control passed to her, Drusilla was ecstatic. She had Spike follow her to her room and sit on the floor with her dollies. She found that he was “posable” and spent a long time arranging and re-arranging them all in a circle, giving them invisible tea to drink. When she accidentally stabbed him with a teaspoon, Spike’s impotent glare just made her giggle.

They had been together for over a century and Spike had sometimes allowed himself to be persuaded to play with her (only when they were alone), but he had soon become frustrated with her obsession with Miss Edith and had stormed off. He only wished he could now – he had never seen her quite so sack o’hammers. After a time though, she became bored with the game.

“I have a special room you can take him to.” Suggested Savos, “I use it to help me relax. It contains all sorts of things; knives, whips, chains and more exotic torture implements, I’m sure you’ll find something to amuse you.”

Drusilla eagerly agreed and ordered Spike to follow Savos to the room. The blond vampire tried in vain to free himself from the enchantment, but was forced to obey.

It was a novelty not having to use the chains, Drusilla could make Spike stand just so and he would be unable to move. She began to eagerly strip off his clothes and reduce his back to pulp, telling him he was a “bad dog” for choosing the Slayer over her. For the first time, he was glad that he couldn’t make a sound – he didn’t want to give Savos the satisfaction.

The only problem was that, after a while, he kept toppling over and Drusilla would have to wait for him to recover. She used this time to carve beautiful patterns on his white skin with a dagger, pulling back every now and again to admire her handiwork. She fed him just enough blood to enable him to stand and then she would start to “play” again The insane vampire spent many happy hours, humming and giggling to herself. But, after a while, she again became bored and tearful.

Savos, watching from his seat in the corner, saw her unhappiness. He rose and left the room, returning a few minutes later.

“Why won’t he talk to me?” Drusilla wailed. “He always used to call me his black princess and now he just glares at me.”

“You have to tell him to talk to you.”

Drusilla swung round when she heard the new voice to see that Savos had brought someone else into the room. “The Slayer! You brought me the Slayer – is it my birthday?” Her happy mood returned and she danced over to where the young woman in chains was being held by two burly vampires. “Ooooh, I know just what to do now!” She went over to a table filled with knives and other, stranger, objects and picked up a tazer.

Buffy was transfixed with horror at the sight of Spike sprawled in a pool of his own blood, his chest covered with deep slashes. He looked back at her with equal horror in his eyes. Something made her say to him, “It’s okay Spike, we’ll get through this somehow.”

“We’ll have no interference from you.” Savos snarled, as he took a piece of cloth from his pocket and tied it tightly round her mouth.

“Come along, you bad dog. Mummy’s got a good game to play. We’ll just get all the players ready.” Drusilla thrust the tazer into Buffy’s body and she convulsed into unconsciousness.


_________________________________

Buffy gradually woke, looked round, and recognized that she was in the lower part of Spike’s crypt, tied to a pillar. Spike stood opposite her, just about keeping upright and Drusilla stood between them. It was a re-creation of the incident of a few weeks previously, when Spike vowed his undying love for the Slayer and threatened to dust Dru; only they were all shifted around.

“Now, my William, we’re going to play *my* game, by *my* rules and that nasty Slayer won’t confuse you anymore.” She handed him a stake. “There, my black knight, you must kill the slayer for me.”

Spike, a prisoner in his own flesh, his mind screaming, watched his traitorous hand grasp the stake, as he staggered towards Buffy, closely followed by his ex-paramour.

Buffy’s eyes widened as she struggled with the knots that tied her to the column. She knew that she wouldn’t be able to get free in time to stop him, but it didn’t stop her trying.

Savos smiled as he shuffled nearer – he didn’t want to miss a second of this. It was the best entertainment he’d had for years.

“That’s it Spike, stab her through the heart for mummy!”

Spike drew back his arm and plunged the stake downwards – spinning as he did so – and thrust it into Drusilla’s heart. She looked at him with astonishment and sadness for a second and then she was dust.

Savos gave an inarticulate cry and threw himself at Spike, knocking him to the floor. Buffy gave one last heave and managed to free one of her hands. She grabbed Savos and tossed him as hard as she could at the wall. He bounced off and collapsed in an unmoving heap. “Oh, sorry, was that too much interference for you?” Buffy snarled as she pulled off the gag.

As she struggled with the rest of her bonds, she looked worriedly at the blonde vampire. He was now on his knees, rocking backwards and forwards whispering, “Oh, love, I’m sorry – I’m so sorry.” Over and over again.

There was a crash overhead as the crypt door was pushed open. “Oh great, it’s ugly mug’s troops coming to find out what’s happened to him.” Buffy redoubled her efforts to untangle herself from the rope.

There was another crash, as someone fell through the opening behind her.

“It’s okay Buffy, Xan-man to the rescue. Where are all the big bads – let me at ‘em! Ah, here’s one.” Scrambling to his feet, he strode over to Spike and yanked him upright. He pulled a stake from his pocket and snarled “This is overdue.”

“No! Xander, he’s not the one who did this!” Buffy freed herself at last and tugged the stake from the young man’s hand. “He’s the one who saved me.”

Giles and Willow, who had followed Xander downstairs, actually using the ladder, gaped at her.

“He saved you?” Willow asked her voice filled with disbelief.

Buffy explained what had happened and their disbelief became more profound.

“But how did he do it?” Giles asked. “He shouldn’t have been able to stop himself from obeying Drusilla’s order.”

“Well, I figured that you somehow managed to work out what the spell was, and broke it.” Buffy looked at them. “You mean you didn’t?”

“No, we just used a location spell and decided on a rescue mission. I just can’t work out how he managed to do what he did.” They all looked towards Spike, who was back on his knees, rocking back and forth, tearing at his hair.

“Not just how he did it, but why he did it.” Buffy whispered.


_______________________________



TBC


A/N So much feedback – I love it!!