Author's Chapter Notes:
Am trying my hardest to finish this while i can but can't 100% promise, but I am doing my best,. x
Chapter 10: Home time

Faith played with the unlit cigarette between her fingers. She really had meant to stick with Grant this time, she really had, but something had happened to put an end to that. The same thing that always happened. Faith had gotten bored. She’d been playing around with him this morning and all the fun had just gone out of it. Well okay, most of the fun had gone out of it, fooling around with a guy was never exactly a chore! But whatever the reason for the boredom the outcome was always the same, Faith was left alone looking for her next easy lay.

Maybe, she thought, she would leave it a few days this time before going after her next, give her a bit of time to do some school stuff so she didn’t completely flunk out this year.

She was about to light her cigarette when she saw her brother leaning against the wall by the gym door about to do the same to his cigarette.

Sauntering over to him, she stuck hers into his flame, Spike never looked up from his lighter.

“Shouldn’t you be off with Gary or Greg or whatever the wanker’s name was?”

“Grant” Faith said in a dull voice feeling compelled to correct him.“This one wasn’t that bad, I just got bored. I could say the same to you anyway. Shouldn’t you be off with the bouncy blonde cheerleader wannabe?”

“Buffy” Spike corrected in the same dull tone that she had. “She’s seeing her friends.”

“Thought you were going to be her white knight and protect her all day.” Faith raised her eyebrow at him.

“Who says I haven’t been doing?”

Faith laughed as she took a drag of her cigarette causing her to start coughing.

Spike raised an eyebrow back at her. “Those things will kill you, sis.”

“Speak for yourself.”

Spike rolled his eyes at her and took another long drag.

“I have been hearing some very interesting things today about my baby bro and his girl.”

“Twins, Faith, you’re only a minute older.”

Faith just laughed, she always knew exactly how to wind him up with minimal effort. “How’s B doing being centre of attention? No episodes?” She said the last word really slowly.

Spike looked unsure for a moment. “She’s...umm...doing good. I have tried deflecting most of the attention away from her, not much else I can do. I mean, I don’t know how serious her sodding condition is, do I?”

“Well spike-y you have two options. Choice A) ask her about it, or choice B) find out how strong her medication is and how much she takes.”

Spike knew he only really had option B. He was about to say something when the bell sounded the end of lunch.

“I gotta go find my girl, you gonna go to class?”

“Nah, think I’ll give it a miss. Book learning was never my thing, I prefer one on one.” She gave him a fake smile to reassure him.

“You sure you’re okay, sis?”

“Five by five. Now go, B’ll be waiting.”

He gave her one last look before going back through the gym doors leaving Faith alone again.

“Oh yeah.” She whispered to herself “Five by five.”

***


The rest of the school day had been uneventful, people were still gossiping about them but Buffy knew that wasn't likely to stop for a good few days, or at least until the next gossip worthy thing happened.

She had just finished her favourite lesson, the coolest guy in school was her boyfriend and she had stood up to Cordelia Chase. In short, things were looking rather rosy in the world of Buffy Summers. Talking of short things though, the skirt she was wearing was starting to drive her up the wall. She didn't know how people wore them all the time, maybe there was a trick to it. All day long she had felt it right up her legs as she moved trying to reveal her panties, she had had to fight with it all day to keep it down, she was definitely looking forward to getting home and putting on her comfy dungaree's. Pulling her skirt down one last time she packed the rest of her belongings into her bag and stepped into the hallway where she expected to see Spike waiting.

However the hall just held the last few stragglers of students. Buffy's face dropped slightly at the lack of Spike, but then her genius brain actually kicked into gear and she remembered that normally on a Monday afternoon she would be walking home past the football fields, in hopes of just catching a glimpse of him at practice. Just because they where dating didn't mean she would expect him to give up his sports and things, but at least now she wouldn't have to ogle him from afar. Instead she would leave him a note on his car and walk home. She knew she would be seeing him later anyway. She might walk past the fields anyway, just for old times sakes of course.

***

As she approached his car a huge smile lit up her face. There sat on the bonnet was Spike Hamilton in all his sexy bad boy glory.

“Took your sodding time, didn’t you?”

He jumped off his car and went to give her a kiss on her lips, tasting her cherry lipgloss.

“Mmm” as they broke apart she looked at him. “Wait a second, isn't Monday practise?”

“Told coach I thought I was coming down with something so couldn't train.” He gave her his best sick look causing Buffy to giggle.

“Your a bad boy, Spike.”

A delicious smirk lit up his features. “You love it when I'm bad, baby.”

She felt her knees turn to jelly as his sexy voice did things to her she had not felt before. She knew she had to get back onto safer topics.

“Umm, I would have been ok getting home, y'know.”

Spike immediately switched back to sensible mode. “And let you bloody walk home on your own, I think not. No girl of mine should have to walk home!” He took her heavy bag off her shoulder and replaced it with his arm as they walked the short distance back to the car. When they reached the car he held the passenger door open for her. “Your chariot, me lady.”

Giggling Buffy carefully got into his car, but flinched slightly as the cold leather hit her bare legs.

As Spike got into the car, he glanced over at Buffy who was squirming in her seat causing her already short skirt to rise even higher. Was she just trying to kill him?

“Y' 'k?” He managed to choke out.

Buffy immediately stopped moving and gave him an embarrassed look. “Cold seat.”

“Here” He threw his duster at her, which she carefully wrapped round her legs, stopping her wriggling. “Thank you”

The rest of the journey was made in relative silence, but it was a comfortable silence. They both just felt relaxed in each others presence.

When they finally got to Buffy's house she leaned over to give him a quick kiss and gave him his coat back. “Thank you for taking me home, Spike, you are very sweet, but I promise I won't tell a soul”

“Need me to walk you to the door?”

Buffy just giggled. “Spike, we are a few feet from my door, I think I can manage.”

“It might not be safe kitten.”

“We are in the middle of Sunnydale, at 4 o'clock, what could possibly happen walking that short distance?”

“Well if you want to chance it...”

Buffy leaned over and gave him another kiss. “I am sure I will be fine. What time are you picking me up tonight?”

“Be here for about half seven-ish.”

Giving him one last kiss she jumped out the car while she still had will to leave. As she walked to her front door she felt Spikes eyes on her the whole way. As she opened her door she gave him one last look, to find him staring heatedly at her, but slipping inside her house.

Leaning against the door she listened to him reverse his car off her drive, kicking her shoes off Buffy let out the girliest squeal before dancing round her front room, and eventually heading upstairs to find something to wear tonight that would make Spike have that same look in her eyes she had just seen.

Yep, today hadn't been so bad after all.

TBC....