Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for the reviews! It's been really encouraging and so far, i'm having a ton of fun writing this.
Chapter 2

The loud music blended over, becoming distant in his ears the very moment her lips touched his. He had to admit, he was surprised. Spike was half ready for her to throw him a brutal rejection, so when her response was to pull his face against hers in a crushing kiss, he was caught off guard.

But it didn’t take long for him to process what was happening and wrap his arms tight around her waist, hauling her close to him in one awkward motion. She almost stumbled when he jerked her around and pressed her against the bar’s counter. His lips parted and his tongue ran urgently across her closed mouth, but she adamantly kept her lips pressed together.

His arms pulled her even closer and he involuntarily pushed her tight body even harder against the counter, almost knocking over a stool in the process. The pressure against her back made her gasp a little and in that split second, Spike saw his window of opportunity. His tongue slid into her mouth and against her own tongue.

Whatever resistance she held out against him before slipped away and soon, he felt her doing some tongue action of her own. The only thought he could process was ‘must… keep… kissing… girl’.

Her tongue was running against his teeth, then slipping past them to taste the roof of his mouth and God help him, he was turning to mush. Her arms had tightened their hold around his neck, and now there was no space whatsoever between their bodies. Damn, she was making him hot. All he knew was that as he was nibbling on her top lip, her tongue was playing with his bottom lip and he wanted it to last forever.

All of a sudden, there was a burst of applause and as the cloudy haze began to clear up, he realized that the previous band had finished their set and the crowd was going wild. To his disappointment, the applause had also waken his – as of a minute ago – new “girlfriend” and she was gently shoving him off of her with her hands.

His lips lamented the loss of hers and his body felt cold, separated from the girl it had been pressed against. All Spike could do was stare at her face as she stared back at him, panting breathlessly, a little surprised and slightly smiling. Even though the lights were flashing and moving, casting shadows and light spots on everything, he could tell that her cheeks were flushed.

Suddenly, her head turned to the side and she groaned loudly, “Oh, shit. Faith…”

And off she was, making her way around bodies, squeezing through the mosh pit of people. The funny thing was that Spike found himself following her. Why? He wasn’t so sure. For one thing, the five minutes were definitely not up yet. And for another, the path that pointed her way seem to flash ‘Possibilities Lie Here’ and damn, he needed something interesting tonight.

Oh yeah, there was that, then there was also her fuck-good kissing abilities. Talents which he definitely wanted to employ for the rest of his five minutes.

He saw her weave her way to the wall, then turn towards a girl who looked thoroughly wasted, clinging onto a guy with a wicked Mohawk and more facial piercings than some girl’s had on their entire body. Then, with a show of amazing strength – especially for a California-born-and-raised girl – she took hold of the girl and yanked her away, making her fall and tumble immediately after being separated from her facially decorated treat.

“Go away, B,” the brunette whined, flailing her free arm wildly, “I’m havin’ fun, dammit.”

Spike watched, mildly amused, as the shorter blonde whispered low in her friend’s ear like a mother chastising a child. Her friend seemed like her complete opposite from where he was standing, with brunette hair flying everywhere, smeared makeup on her eyelids and lips, black, leather skirt and fishnet crawling up her lean legs as opposed to the swept up blonde hair, vintage ‘I am the Sex’ band T-shirt over expensive torn jeans wearing figure of his newly acquired girlfriend.

The brunette girl glared and said, huffily and a little too insistently, “I’m not trashed!” indicating that she was, in fact, very inebriated. Girlfriend wore an exasperated expression and called out to the guy who had been leeched onto her friend moments before.

“R.J.!” Her voice was a little hoarse from shouting and muted from the background noise. The guy turned towards her and gave her a glazed look.

“Yeah?”

“What the hell did you put in her drink?” Her eyes, darkened in anger – or maybe it was the light, he wasn’t sure, flashed and Spike seriously felt his stomach do a few turns.

“Hey, why you always have to call me out, huh? What’d I ever do to you, huh?” He seemed annoyed, then left her standing alone with her friend who was violently trying to escape her grasp.

Spike felt like he should do something, so he took a few steps towards the scene. “You need a hand?”

Her head snapped in his direction and her eyes widened a fraction as if she had completely forgotten about him as soon as the new circumstantial developments had progressed.

………………
………………
………………

You need a hand?

It would be a lie to say that she wasn't surprised and taken aback by the offer of her apparently new body apparatus, or in a less interesting term, boyfriend. After seeing Faith almost completely lose it from the corner of her eye, she had more or less considered their contract terminated and set off, not expecting him to follow her.

She felt like laughing and almost did, but instead, she ducked her head down and squinted at her watch, trying to make out the time. Damn, she swore, Damn these friggin’ lights from hell. The face of her watch only reflected darkness and strobe light, making it impossible to tell the time. Which was why she needed one of those light-up watches they made little kids, not some fancy Dior thing that her mother insisted on buying her for her birthday. Sighing inwardly, she looked up, back into the eyes of the platinum-blonde guy, aka New Boyfriend, who was currently staring at her very intensely.

“You got the time?” she asked him as she was yanked forward by Faith, who was whining and on the verge of screaming in tantrum.

He shrugged, not bothering to scout out a watch or a clock, “Somewhere between ten and twelve, I’d say. Why, d’you have somewhere to be?”

It wasn’t that she didn’t trust him… okay, it was completely that she didn’t trust him. I mean… this is the guy that just randomly invited me to be his, uh, girlfriend, her mind was spinning, trying to think of all the alternatives this night could take. Here was this almost good-looking guy who was obviously looking for something other than a short, completely breath-taking and wonderful kiss. Then, there was the matter of Faith, her wonderfully beloved cousin who was now trying to bite her arm.

Faith, the wonderful cousin who had gotten kicked out of her public school and her own home, thus landing herself in Buffy and Buffy’s mother’s house, otherwise whispered as “those people” by the rest of her family who frowned down upon their way of living. It didn’t take Buffy long to realize exactly why Faith had been booted. It was either her tendency to get accidentally pregnant once in a while, or it was her habit of die-hard nonstop partying.

So Buffy had taken it upon herself to make sure Faith always made it home in one piece. But right now, she would be lucky if she made it home in one piece.

“Goddamn, Faith, stop it,” she pried her cousin’s teeth off her shoulder, pushing her head back forcefully with the palm of her hand. Then, she turned back to Platinum-head, “Hey, do you have a car?”

He seemed a little surprised by her question, but shrugged and said, “Yeah, she’s out back. Need a ride?”

For the first time that night, she caught on to the British accent, which made her smile and she gave him 10 cool points.

“Yeah, thanks,” she said, heading towards the back of the club with Faith in tow before he could protest or say anything else.

As they approached the back door, Merl, the bouncer, grinned at her and held the door open. She smiled gratefully at him and he winked knowingly. The scene played out before him wasn’t a new one, that much was obvious.

“Thanks, Merl,” she nodded at him. “D’you mind giving my mom a call, tell her to be expecting us?”

“Sure thing,” he laughed. “Wouldn’t want her worrying. Tell your dad I said ‘hey’ and put in a word for me, wouldja?”

“Of course.”

Before they were fully out of the door, Buffy heard a familiar, hi-I’m-insane voice from behind her and instinctively closed her eyes and shuddered, inwardly trying to ward it off. She turned slowly, in time to see Drusilla striding up towards them with a wickedly happy smile on her face. Frustrated at the interruption – she really needed to get back – she tightened her grip on Faith’s arm, causing the girl to hiss at her, and gave Drusilla-the-slut’s over the top outfit a dismissive glance and her face, a deadly glare.

……………………
……………………
……………………

William!

Spike heard the clicking of her heels on the wooden floor before he actually heard her call his name. He had been in the middle of fishing through the contents of his leather jacket’s pocket for the keys to his Desoto when he had gotten a wave of dizziness that made him nauseous.

The sound of her voice made him want to run to her and made him want to cringe. He almost felt like laughing, too, because only Drusilla would call him by his given name. His own parents hadn't even bothered trying to call him by that name. Drusilla was the only person that he had allowed and responded to. He was never quite sure why she was so set on calling him “William”. When he asked her, she had gone off on a rant about spikes and stupid punk rock bands and she wanted nothing to do with the trash music he played. Whatever. He hadn’t been paying attention, because the sight of her chest heaving as she moved her arms had been more interesting and his mind wandered off to think about something that was much more fun than arguing with her about a stupid name. Who cared, anyways?

But hearing her say that name today made his blood run cold. Maybe it was because she hadn’t said it in over a month. Instinctively, he turned to see her marching up to him, smiling. Why’s she smiling… his mind ran through the possibilities. Maybe she wants me back… maybe she realized what a mistake she made… maybe…

And he knew that at that particular moment, if she demanded that he leave with her, he would. A month couldn’t change half a year of training, half a year of following her every beck and call. His heart thumped a little harder as he saw the way her breasts were almost spilling out of that goddamn hot corset. Her thin, pale legs swung under a black, hip-hugging suede miniskirt and contrasted with blood red stilettos.

Spike stopped breathing when she was three feet away from him and moving to invade his personal space that he would readily give up for her.

“I heard you sing tonight,” her voice was a little low and throaty and Spike concentrated on the moving garnet lips.

“Really?” he couldn’t help the eager look from appearing on his face. Wow, he really was a ponce. “Did you… well, like it?”

She laughed softly, then brought a finger up to his cheek. “I miss you, William,” she said, not answering his question. He widened his eyes. Those were words he wanted, but for some reason, he really wanted to know if she liked his music. Suddenly, it was important.

“Did you like it?” he repeated, swallowing hard. His focus was so intense on his ex-girlfriend’s pale, painted face that he didn’t even notice the annoyed California-girl behind him groan and shove her friend into the bouncer’s arms. Merl, or something.

He almost forgot about her until he felt a small, slender hand slide into his right back pocket and a warm, lean body press itself to his left side, forcing his arm to go around her shoulder.

“Hi, bitch, how are you?” she asked, sweetly. Spike’s head almost snapped as he turned to stare at her. She had a perfectly arched eyebrow lifted up slightly and her full lips were exaggerating a saccharine smile that she centered on Drusilla. Half of him wanted to shy away from her and grab onto the paler, thinner, ex-girlfriend of his, but then the other half was impressed by her forwardness and a little turned on.

“Buffy,” Drusilla took a little step back and Spike saw the surprise on her face as she turned from him to the blonde girl then back. Buffy? He thought with a wry smile. Buffy and Spike.

“Drusilla,” Buffy returned, still smiling. “Can we do anything for you? ‘Cause, you know, we’re kind of in a hurry.”

Hurry? Spike thought, dazed. He felt like he was in a cloud. A cloud of confusion. They knew each other? How? When? Since when were they in a hurry? He wanted to stay and be with Dru. But he remained standing there, of his own will or of her strong arm keeping him at her side, he didn’t know.

“Oh, please,” Drusilla scoffed, looking at both of them alternately again. “You two? Are you together?”

No, Spike thought.

“Yes,” Buffy said, nodding in affirmative. She looked up and noticed Spike staring longingly at the slutty vampire and felt like rolling her eyes at his stupidity. But she couldn’t afford to have him abandon her… she needed his car. Her arm remained tight across Spike’s back and she was more determined to keep him with her.

“How do you even know each other?”

“Oh, you know,” She answered vaguely and shrugged as if it were no big deal.

“No, actually,” Drusilla narrowed her eyes, “I don’t know. Enlighten me.”

Just then, Faith stomped her foot on the ground impatiently. “Are we going to dance or what?” she shouted, giving them all an evil eye. Drusilla tilted her head to the side and caught sight of the completely wasted girl.

“You’re babysitting that piece of trash?” she smirked and Buffy wanted to slap her. “I always knew Faith needed a watchdog. And you’re the perfect one for it, aren’t you.”

Buffy visibly set her teeth and breathed deeply. Faith, on the other hand, had heard her and was not so insistent on taking the higher ground.

“Oh yeah? Well, you’re a bitch. An ugly one,” She slurred, laughing a little crazily.

“At least I’m not a no-good slut who sleeps with every – “

“You’re not? Ha. Well, that’s not what Mike and Bobby say.”

“What?” Drusilla sputtered, “Fuck you.”

“I’d let you, but I’m too classy.”

“Right. That’s why you were kicked out of your mommy’s house last year, right? Because you were so classy, you got yourself knocked up by some two-shit dick looking for a good lay, right?

“You fucking whore – “ Faith lurched against Merl’s arm, who almost fell, but grabbed her even tighter, “You little… you have no right to – “ frustrated yell and a pull against Merl, who was really working to keep her under control now “ - say that shit – get off me – “

Spike was making no move to placate the two girls, so Buffy decided to step in before things got out of hand.

“We’re leaving, Drusilla,” She said, “Bye.”

Then she turned around to face the back door, eager to leave. Her movements forced Spike to turn, too and he suddenly seemed to wake up from his stupor. He looked as if something had kicked some into him and his body and body moved from pause to fast forward as he moved to help her relieve Merl of the kicking and screaming Faith. Buffy smiled, appreciatively, and he smiled back, taking hold of one arm as she took another.

Drusilla just stood there, gaping. “William?” She asked, her voice wavering a little bit. No, not again, Buffy inwardly groaned, Not tonight….

“I’m leaving, Dru,” Spike told her over his shoulder, not bothering to turn. Both his new found ‘girlfriend’ and his ex-girlfriend seemed to be a little surprised at his decision. But unlike Buffy, Drusilla’s temper flared up.

“I need a ride out of here, goddamnit!” she shouted, angrily. “Scott upped and disappeared on me!”

Spike scoffed at the sound of ‘Scott’. But for the first time tonight, he felt his pain begin to lessen. He glanced at Buffy through the corner of his eye. She wasn’t facing him, but he could tell that she was smiling a little.

“Last time I checked, that wasn’t my problem. The car’s full, anyways.”

And the back door swung shut after them with a satisfying bang. But not before Buffy turned around and waved to Drusilla, gleefully, shouting behind her, “Bye, bitch!”



//////////////////////////

Hope you guys liked it! Because I definately loved writing it. Remember, Spike and Buffy just met. I wanted to leave a lot of room for their relationship to develop instead of having them instantly infatuated with each other.