Author's Chapter Notes:
hey everyone sorry it took me so long to post i have been sitting on this chapter for a while debating on weather or not to post it. so be kind in your reviews and to all of my readers who like my work enjoy this one. i am currently trying to start another story which i will post the first chapter as soon it is done to my standards.
Back at the house Drusilla was sitting at a table with her tarot cards looking rather distressed “Now this is not good for dolly I think I should call Spike.” Then she picked up the phone.

“Paranormal Investigations Squad this is Fred how may I help you.”

“Yes I need to speak with detective Addams”

“One moment.”

“This is Detective Addams how can I help you?”

“Spike it is Dru I was reading my cards and I see trouble. Have you found anything on Parker yet?”

“No but I just got here and the captain had to rip me a new one I swear Dru she has it out for me.” He said looking at his computer screen.

“I am sorry to have to add to your night but you need to leave Buffy and Angel went to the swamps after you left and now with my reading I think you should be there.”

“SHE DID WHAT WHY DIDN’T PEACHES STOP HER IF I LOSE BUFFY I AM GOING TO BLOODY KILL HIM!”

“Calm down dearie I do not think they will find anything if the murders took place there why would the culprit hide where every vampire in the city would be searching. Besides I think you should get Buffy out of there.”

“Alright Dru call Angel let him know I am on my way.” Spike hung up the phone looking around the Squad room noticing that everyone was staring at him. “Mind your own bloody business. Gunn I need a favor.”

“You got it what’s up.” He said walking over to Spikes desk

“I need to head out and I do not want the pansy going with me. Can you cover me?” He said pointing at Lindsey’s empty desk.

“Sure buddy.”

Sergeant Charles Gunn was one of the few humans on the P.I.S. Team he volunteered when he found out that he could kill vamps that got out of hand. He hated all Vampire when he arrived but when he met Spike he learned that not all vamps were evil. Spike had saved his life a few years back when a routine execution went terribly wrong terribly fast. It started out with Gunn caring out an order for the death of a vampire named Vincent he had raped and murdered 23 teenage girls. When the team assigned to carry out the order was attacked Spike went into action bring out most of the team safely then killing the vampire that attacked them. Ever since then there was nothing that Spike could ask that Gunn would not help with.

When they reached Spikes car Gunn asked “So are you going to tell me what has you so bent out of shape?”

“Buffy.” With that one word Gunn knew, for as long as Gunn has known Spike he knew that his friend was beyond in love with that girl.

“So are we going to charge in like Sir Galahad and save the girl?”

“Yeah something like that. She went out to the swamps with my idiot of a brother I just have a bad feeling about it.”

When spike started the car he handed Gunn his phone. “Could you hit speed dial 2 for me and tell Angel that we are on our way I told Dru to do it but I want to be sure where to meet them.”

“Sure.” Doing as he was asked Charles called Angel. When no one answered he put the phone down while Spike hit the gas.

“Hey buddy you can slow down he probably has no signal in the swamps I am sure things are fine Buffy is a tough woman not to mention a vamp one that I certainly don’t want to piss off.”

Spike took no comfort in his friends attempt to calm him down. “I just need to know that she is alright Gunn.”

“I know she will be.”

********************
Back in the squad room Lindsey returned to his desk to find Spike gone taking this as a golden opportunity to see what he was doing on his computer Lindsey sat down at spikes desk. All he saw was a wrap sheet on a man named Parker Aims arrests for assault and theft with a few counts of possession. Lindsey thought this might be important so he hit the print button. Walking past lilah’s office he poked his head in. “Hey Captain I am going to head out for a bit I will have my phone on.”

“Fine Lindsey just don’t pick up dinner on the tax payers dime I do not want to clean up after you again.”

“Yes Lilah I will be back later.” He said as he headed back to his desk to make a phone call

“Hello this is Harmony.”

“Hello darlin I have some info for Riley but I don’t want to give it to you over the phone where can I meet with him?”

“I will have him call you back he is busy at the moment.”

“Just make it quick.” He said as he hung up the phone then he headed to the printer. After grabbing his paper he stoped by Fred’s desk to inquire about Spike. “Do you know where I might find my partner Fred?”

“He just left with Gunn.” She said with a cheerful voice.

“Thanks sweets.”

Then Lindsey left the squad room heading to his car. When his phone rang “Hello detective MC Donald.”

“Lindsey Harm told me that you have news for me, where are you?”

“I am outside the station house where can I meet you?”

“Go to the warehouse I will be waiting for you but remember I am not a patient person so be quick about it.” Riley said then hung up his phone

************
Back at the swaps Buffy hunted for clues as if her life depended on it. “Angel have you found anything?”

“No buff I have not maybe we should head back I really do not have a good feeling about this.” Angel said looking over his shoulder

“Just a bit longer we are almost to where we found Willow and Xander I want to see if there is something I might have missed.”

When angel heard a car approaching he ran and grabbed Buffy tackling her to the ground. When the car stopped his gun was out and ready. “Shhh buff don’t move I will go check it out.”

Deciding that was the best option Buffy nodded but got out her own gun and was ready for anything.

When Spike spotted Angel’s car he pulled his car to a screeching halt then jumped out to look. “Buffy ARE YOU OUT HERE?”

Hearing Spike’s voice she jumped up. “Over here but that is a good way to get hurt I could have shot you.”

“WHAT THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU DOING OUT HERE BUFFY I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO STAY AT THE HOUSE!” he shouted at her but when she walked over to him all he could do was take her into his arms. “Dam-it Buffy do you know how scared I was I thought I was going to get here and you would be dead.”

“I am alright Spike I wish you would stop thinking I am going break” she said as she pulled out of his embrace. “I am not going to hide away while my friends get killed that is exactly what they want me to do is to be scared and I will not give Parker the satisfaction of seeing me run and hide. I am not a damsel in distress nor am I a helpless female I can take care of myself I do not need you to worry about me.”

“Fine ducks handle it yourself.” He said with a cold tone then he stormed off getting in the car leaving Gunn there.

“Jeeze Buffy he just wanted to make sure you were safe he loves you he wants to protect you.” Gunn said as he walked over to the other car leaning against the door.

When angel spoke Buffy had to turn she had forgotten that he was there. “Buff men have pride and you do tend to bruise his often all he wants to do is keep you safe.”

“Shut the fuck up Angel you are the last person I need relationship advice from. I am not a china doll I will not break he needs to realize this.” She said putting her gun away finally. “We better get out of here dawn is only a few hours away we are not going to find anything out tonight anyway.”

The three agreed and got in the car and headed back to town in silence.
**********

When Lindsey arrived at the warehouse he got out of his car grabbing the file he printed out as he got out of his car then as a second thought grabbed his gun then loaded a clip with silver ammunition. “Better to be safe than sorry.” He said with a chuckle

“Hi Lindsey” Harmony said as she walked over and got Lindsey a chair. “I will go let Riley know you are here.”

“Thanks darlin I do need to make this quick.”

When Riley arrived he sat down in front of Lindsey. “What have you found out?”

“Strait to the point I can admire that in a person but I also can admire a profit what do I get for my information I do not come free.”

“What do you want? Then we will talk.”

“What are you offering?” he said turning his eyes to harmony who was trying not to be obvious about her eavesdropping.

Riley noticing where Lindsey was going with this then he looked at the man in front of him. “Tell me what you have and I will think about it.”

“Alright your wife is now guarded by Spike’s brother Angel they were heading out tonight I could not fallow them. But Spike was yelling something about the swamps at the station tonight so I figure she went there but with the time being almost 3 am she will be on her way back by now and figuring on how pissed Spike left I don’t think she will be heading to spikes house she dose tend to have a temper when it comes to being rescued.”

Looking rather annoyed Riley noticed that there might be more. “Is that all?”

“No Spike was looking up someone tonight that has acquired a rather long wrap sheet.” He handed Riley the folder then continued. “The file is on a Parker Aims I do not know if you think this is significant but there it is.”

“It is very significant you have earned you fee Harm Go with Detective Mc Donald do what ever wants.” Then Riley left the two alone. “So Buffy you think it is Parker behind this won’t you be surprised I think I should pay you a visit tonight.” He said to himself as he went into his office.

Harmony looked at Lindsey. “So why am I going with you?”

“It is simple Darlin you are my reward now why don’t we go to my place and I will show you the benefits of fucking someone that dose not need to breath.” Then the two left both in a hurry to get to their destination.

*********

When Angel was nearing spikes house Buffy broke the long silence “just drop me by me car I am going home tonight.”

“Why buff? Is this because of what happened tonight? Look let it go.” Angel said trying to look at her and still keep his eyes on the road.

“Yeah buffy you and Spike have fought about worse and made up in the same night. What makes this time any different?” Gunn asked from the back seat.

“Because he has to learn I am not going to be some frail woman anymore I did it for years and I am done I am a strong woman and he needs to realize it.” She said holding back tears

“Alright buff if you want to go home go home but at least let Gunn or I see you there just to make sure you get inside alright remember you need to be smart about this.” Angel said knowing there was no use arguing with her anymore. “I will bring your car around tomorrow night.” Then he changed directions to head off to buffy's apartment.

“Thanks I will take you up on that but only see me to the door.”

“I think we can agree on that” Gunn said looking at Angel.

When the arrived at Buffy’s house everything seemed normal so Angel parked his car and walked Buffy to the door. When she was in her apartment she went to turn on a light but nearly fainted when one of her lamps was turned on. Riley was sitting in a chair facing the door. “Wha… you are dead I stabbed you.” She said in disbelief.

“Yes you did my dear but you made the first mistake in not checking to make sure I was dead.” The he rushed he with lightning speed pinning her to the door. “Now is this any way to greet your husband?”

“Riley please let me go.” She pleaded

“I will all in good time but now you are coming with me I have plans for you.” He said with a viscous grin spreading across his face.