Author's Chapter Notes:
Now if you are squeamish concerning blood and biting turn away now and escape back to another fic. If not, then please keep reading. Things are about to get VERY interesting.
Thankyou for the lovely reviews Brat and Kim. Please R & R.
Spike was very quickly finding out that women could be just as stubborn as him. The Slayer had remained completely silent ever since he started walking towards his sire, giving Spike the uneasy feeling that things were about to go horribly wrong.


A hard feat, considering the situation he was already stuck in.


For the unlife of him, Spike could not understand what was so bloody difficult in opening up to him. Sure he was the Slayer of Slayers but he was chipped now and couldn’t even pull a decent Halloween prank. Buffy had absolutely no reason to be so sodding scared.


His footsteps were heavy in the crypt, flames wavering as though in protest as he drew closer to his sire. Drusilla lay crumpled, the black dress she wore falling around her legs like a pool of black ink. //My dark princess//. Her shadowed face was pale with a slight bruise to one side where he had knocked her out. Spike could feel Buffy’s eyes boring into his back as he knelt down to pick Dru up, cursing himself all the while. If only he had ignored the bloody bint and gotten pissed. He could have evaded this whole situation and kept up pretences for a while longer.


The demon snorted derisively. The thought was so purely William like in tone that it felt a strong need to assert itself, yellow eyes flashing unbidden as Spike turned to look at Buffy.


//Mine//


Buffy’s breath was momentarily stuck in her throat, cut short by the vampire’s ethereal beauty. */Good gods he’s gorgeous.*/ The Slayer couldn’t help being drawn to Spike’s demonic visage even as he stepped closer with Drusilla in his arms. His eyes seemed to glow like liquid amber; a lighter shade by far than Angel’s mottled yellow. Spike was truly breathtaking. Each step he took was halting, heavy Doc’s scuffing the dirt in childish kicks. They seemed painful even, Buffy deciding promptly that there was little to no chance that Spike would unleash his sire. There was no hint of diabolical glee, only resignation. Perhaps in some twisted way he actually did love her.


She wasn’t going to let that stop her from trying to get out of this mess though. The chains above her were strong, but if she could keep Dru at bay there was a slight chance that she could dislodge them from the ceiling. A very slight possibility, if she was honest. So slight, that perhaps she may have to talk to Spike about more than the local baddies and fights. The Slayer squirmed unconsciously.


Spike was the absolute antithesis to her: rash, sometimes stupid in his devotion to his sire, impulsive and all too quick to lose his temper. He was a vampire who had lovingly drained the life from two of her sisters and then come hunting for his third. When that hadn’t worked he’d snapped the neck of the anointed and taken over as Master for a while. Only the snapping of his spine and Dru’s betrayal had done anything to dent the vamp’s ego or attitude. Even chipped, Spike exuded a personality well beyond any watcher’s capacity.


Befriending him, let alone loving him could never work.


Buffy sighed, both for the mockery that her life was and the Powers That Be sense of humor. Screwing her once was obviously not enough, they had to go and put her life on repeat. Fall in love with vampire, lose vampire, kill vampire. All she could see when looking at Spike was Angel. Angel and the sword jutting from his stomach as she kissed him goodbye, whispering useless nothings in his ear. Buffy shook her head in despair. She’d rather die than be forced to get involved with someone like him and have it all go to hell again. The Slayer had had enough of sequels.


She darted a glance at Drusilla, who was draped on the ground. The lack of breathing made her seem corpse like and oddly peaceful. Dru’s black wavy hair was spread out like a web, single strands splaying in all directions. Bones jutted out from her frame as though the vampire had not eaten for several weeks, only her lips, coated with dried blood remaining plump. */Definitely something I don’t want to be thinking about too closely.*/


As though to halt the Slayer’s internal monologue, Dru gasped a harsh breath, arching her back like a large panther. Her arms flew outwards and clutched at the closest object, in this case her childe. Spike who had been kneeling and staring at his sire, jumped abruptly as though shocked Dru had awoken. If possible, his face turned a lighter shade of pale, lean fingers running through his hair in agitation. For a moment all that could be heard was the scattered breath of Buffy, Dru quickly turning her head to stare at the slayer maliciously. If Spike didn’t stop her the slayer would definitely die.


Knowing this, Buffy forced a smile onto her face, all too common to the ones which graced her school pictures. Even though the very notion was irrational she still waited, hoping that Spike would bop Drusilla on the head, apologise and set her free. That misguided hope all but perished when Spike leant forward and lifted his sire gently to her feet.


Buffy was completely and utterly screwed.


Dru seemed to sense this as well, puffing out hollow cheeks to grin back. “Look at the pretty dolly all tied up in chains” she taunted, fingers twisting Spike’s golden locks into tighter curls. One hand reached out as though to pull at Buffy’s red shirt before drawing back. “Even now she still burns… burns like sunshine and nasty crosses.” Dru puffed out a lip petulantly, her tone whining like that of a child. “Why did you change the game, my sweet? Weren’t you having fun?”


Spike who had been staring downwards, wanting no part in the ordeal, flexed his shoulders in frustration. Both he and his demon were in utter confusion as to what to do. On the one hand Buffy was shaking like a leaf and most likely would give in if Dru so much as drooled on her. On the other hand, Spike wanted the slayer to give in of her own free will, particularly without bloody Dru hanging in the background like a talk show host.


“What do you want me to say pet?” he drawled, an element of the big bad seeping through. “I’ve always been bad and you haven’t been exactly considerate of my feelings lately either.”


Dru growled at his answer. The puppy was being far too insubordinate. “You shouldn’t say such things to Mummy Spoike. Not after I fed you supper and cake.”


Buffy’s outraged gasp only caused Spike to throw his hands in the air. If it wasn’t the chip giving him a headache it was bloody women and their standards. He was buggered no matter what direction he took.


“YOU KILLED SOMEONE?!?!” yelled Buffy incredulously. She had seen the blood for herself but to actually hear it spoken so blatantly was harder than she expected.


Spike kicked at the dirt, once more evading eye contact. It seemed to be the only way he wasn’t getting caught in a tug of war. “Technically Dru killed her luv and all the blood would have gone to waste anyway. I was just following my instincts.” He lifted azure eyes for a moment to gaze at the slayer beseechingly. He didn’t give a rat’s ass about his sire, or what she thought about that admission. All he wanted was Buffy.


The slayer obviously didn’t reciprocate the feeling.


“YOU DISGUST ME.”


Spike blanched for a moment, before his demon took control, all his patience snapping under the strain. Stalking forward, the vampire grabbed Buffy against him, the sharp edges of his chest melding with her curves. “Now listen here” he said, the unneeded breaths blowing cold against her ear. “I am sick and bloody tired of hearing how beneath you I am. You got that? There is nothing different between you hunting my kind down and me feeding off yours. The only factor is that I do it to feed, you because of some sacred duty that knocked you on your ass.” He growled roughly against her neck, the itch to bite her overwhelming. Even though the slayer trembled, it was no longer from fear, one leg rubbing gently against him. Immediately the demon softened its tone. “What happened tonight was a mistake pet. Pure and simple.” Spike took a step back, cradling her face with both hands. “I told you I could change and I have luv. If I was any kind of demon right now, I’d be asking my sire to snap your pretty little neck and drain you right here. But I’m not going to. And do you know why?”


Buffy shook her head in slow motion.

“Because I love you Buffy. Deep mushy love that can’t be burnt away no matter how many crosses you throw at me… and even if you don’t believe me, I’m willing to wait. All I need is a crumb Buffy. A sodding sentence that tells me I’m not alone in this.” Spike smiled gingerly at her before noting how dazed the slayer’s eyes were. Her pink lips were parted, leaning far too close for Spike to give a damn about the consequences. The vampire quickly leant forward, nearly brushing the slayer’s lips when he felt a sharp blow strike his back.


//Dru//


With a roar of pain and anger, Spike turned to halt his sire who gleefully was wielding a crow bar. //No wonder it hurts.//


He reached out a hand to stave off the next swing, but it tore his hand to pieces, blood falling like a waterfall. His sire merely smiled, before swinging again, this time striking flesh with an awful ripping sound.


Her childe dropped to the floor, badly wounded and clutching at his stomach. Wide eyes stared up at her, filling with betrayal.


“Why are you doing this?”


Drusilla smiled blithely down at him for a moment before kicking his head with one pointed shoe. “You were taking to long and I need to leave you a present. Miss Edith says that I must hurry before the Sunshine leaves.”


“What on earth are you talking about? The slayer’s right here, fine and dandy as a sodding thunderstorm… you really are off your nutter.”


Dru rolled her eyes in frustration, clucking her tongue at her errant childe. Sometimes she wondered why Angelus had not staked the bad dog. He could be far too inquisitive for his own good. Miss. Edith was being far too nice as far as Drusilla was concerned.


“For now, my sweet, but soon, this cavern will only be filled with tear drops and not those banging drums.” She raised her hands above her head twirling for a moment, much as a ballerina would do if stoned. “Can’t you see it Spike? All the light in here? The sunshine needs to darken, no one can see anything in only black and white.”


The vampire stepped closer to her childe, pitying him even as she imagined the fun that could be had. This would be far better than any circus. Lollipops included. Drusilla quickly raised the crow bar, knocking out her childe with just enough force whilst still making sure to not crush his skull. And they called her incapable.


Dru turned to the slayer and for the first time in a hundred years genuinely smiled.


The bad dog would love his new present.