A/N: Sorry about the long wait, had a bout of writer’s block and then dealt with other life issues. Buffy is American in this, I think this chapter might make things a bit more clear. This takes place in the 90s before the Good Friday agreement. Also, I’m not really trying to forward any political views here, it’s more of a backdrop and I think the ending will make that pretty obvious. So I hope everyone enjoys this, and thanks for all the reviews I’ve gotten so far, they make it much easier to write.



“Now as I was a-walking down by the sea shore
Where the wind it did whistle and the waves they did roar
There I heard a fair maid make a terrible sound
Like the wind and the waves that did echo around
Crying "Ohh.. my love is gone
He's the youth I adore
He's gone and I never shall see him no more"
She'd a voice like a nightingale, skin like a dove
And the song that she sang it was all about love
When I asked her to marry me, marry me please
But the answer she gave: "My love's drowned in the seas"


-Constant Lovers



 


The pair on the bed stirred at the sound of a knock on the door. Xander groaned softly, kissed Spike and jumped into his own bed on the other side of the room as Spike rose and pulled on his uniform pants. He smiled at Xander who was doing a poor job of pretending to be asleep and opened the door.



"What have my naughty boys been up to?" Dru whispered as she stepped inside and shut the door behind her.



"Dru. To what do we owe this unbelievable pleasure?" Spike asked as he sidled up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist.



She smiled coyly at Xander and then turned in Spike's arms to kiss him. "Do I need a reason, luv?"



"You know, we could all be in a lot of shit for this."



"What? Getting to know our fellow officers? Being so close to one another that in battle we know just how to aide the other."



Throughout her little speech she had been rubbing up against Spike in such a way that he really had a hard time staying standing. "Dru," he said, his voice thick with lust, "no one is even supposed to know you bloody exist, let alone get that close to you."



Dru ignored his comment and pulled him to the bed. She knew that they could all be in trouble with their superiors for carrying on the way they did, but she really didn't care. She wasn't all that interested in her work anyway. Being a spy had it's advantages, good money, fun weapons, and a lot of skills she could use to make herself disappear whenever she wanted. They would all come in handy, but she could give a rat's ass about politics.



Spike and Xander believed in what they did, and they carried it out because they thought it was the right thing to do. Dru was pretty much available to the highest bidder, and she'd been bought out. Of course, her boys didn't know that yet, and she was sad to see them go, but it wasn't as if they had any kind of real relationship besides the fucking. Xander belonged to Spike and Spike belonged to someone long gone. She liked them well enough, but she liked money and freedom more.



The whole spy gig was getting too tiresome, she wanted to settle down, have a house and do whatever she liked whenever she liked. Liam Angelus had her ticket, and she wasn't going to pass it up.



***



"So what's the big deal about tonight?"



"Well... I've managed to reconnect with an old friend, she's in with the Brits, and she's going to hand us two of their best officers brimming with some info we need."



"Who's the old friend, and should I be jealous?"



Liam smiled and leaned over to kiss Buffy on the nose. "She's in pretty deep, but she wants to get out, and I'm giving her a ticket to ride."



Buffy grabbed the files on the desk next to him and opened the first one. "We don't know these guys' names then?"



"Nah, one of 'em, I think someone said they heard he went by Spike, but I have a hard time believing that's what's on his passport."



"You'd be surprised, kids these days."



"Please, Ms. 'I can barely drink in my home town'." He stole another kiss but was interrupted by not-so-subtle coughing behind him.



"Hey, Anya, what took you so long?"



The brunette with an patch covering her left eye sat down across from the couple and pulled a file in front of her. "Unlike some people I have more important things to be doing than trying to catch a nooner."



Buffy smirked as Liam looked slightly uncomfortable and moved her attention back to the photo in front of her. "So, we don't even have clear pictures of these guys, how are we supposed to know if it's them?"



"Well, if Liam's contact does her job correctly, they should be the only ones in the warehouse. She'll lead them in, knock them out and catch a flight to Jamaica before you can say 'traitorous bitch'."



Liam sighed. "Listen, I know you have a certain... aversion to getting help from Dru, but she'll do her job. We knew each other as kids and if she hasn't changed, and it doesn't seem like she has, she'll go to whoever pays her the most, and we've got that for sure."



"Liam, I know you had a hard time in mathematics, but I just checked some of our books, not a whole lot to give out to backstabbers."



Buffy smiled at that. So that was Anya's more important thing.



"She doesn't need much money, just protection until she gets out of the country. She wants to disappear, we can help her, and her government's not about to let someone with that much information get out."



"Whatever, I just don't want this blowing up in our faces. Again."



Liam flinched at that and Buffy squeezed his hand to reassure him. He still felt guilty about Anya's injury even though it had happened the year before and it wasn't really his fault. She of course loved to bring it up whenever she was in an argument with him.



"Listen, I'm sure he's got this all worked out. It's not the first time we've made a deal. I don't understand why we need them both though, seems like a bit much."



"Yeah, maybe just the one, we'll have to kill the other then, it's too late to get one alone."



Buffy nodded. "It'll be more convenient in the long run. Two of them, it'll just be too hard to keep them in check, and they might feed off of each other. Strength-wise, I mean."



"Ok, here's our plan: we're taking all of us, Willow, Tara, and Gunn. Fred and Cordelia will stay with Andrew and watch things around here..."



As Liam detailed the logistics of the raid on the warehouse, Buffy stared silently at the blurry photograph in front of her. There was something about these two men that made the hair on the back of her neck stand up. I she didn't know better, she would say the dark haired one could have been Xander.



She squeezed her eyes shut and tried to block out the memories. Xander and William were dead, seeing them as the two soldiers she'd be capturing was only going to make things difficult. She focused back on Liam but her mind kept drifting to the image of her long gone two best friends.



***


Buffy sat on her back porch staring at the stars. This would be the last time for a long time that she would be looking at the night sky over California. She and William would go off to England with his uncle to attend some secret elite school for the militarily gifted, whatever that was. She didn't really care about the school part. Well, she did think it would be pretty cool. She could get even more into the martial arts stuff she liked now, and instead of screwing around with a paintball gun with Will and their less-able-to-aim friends, she would be in a real kind of battle simulation.



It would be fun, and challenging, and just the kind of thing she was looking for in school. But that really wasn't why she was going. She and Will made the decision together, and she would follow him to the ends of the earth. The best part was, she knew he would do the same.



They'd been learning the tricks of the British Military's trade since they were kids from William's uncle. It started as a fun way to pass the time, but he saw potential in them both and they were accepted into this place that Buffy couldn't even really tell her mother about.



That was something she would miss. Her mom and sister and whole life on Revello Drive. It was going to be hard to give all that up, but apparently this was an opportunity not to be missed. So she wouldn't miss it, and with Will there, she really didn't care what they did.



She felt him behind her before she heard him and smiled. He sat next to her silently and she leaned into him. He grinned and put his arm around her.



"Lovely night."



"Mmmmm.... I guess."



"Sad, pet?"



Buffy shrugged. "Kind of. I mean, I'll miss mom and even Dawn. But in a way... we're going to be off together somewhere that will actually challenge us. Together being the most important part of that."



He smiled and pulled her closer. She moved to sit between his legs on the step below him. He ran his fingers through her long blond tresses and sighed contentedly.



"You know, we could never be challenged. Just stay here and live and love and go the easy way."



She looked back at him and arched an eyebrow. "When have we ever gone the easy way?"



"Good point." She turned back around and leaned into his chest. "How'd we ever make it here, Buffy?"



"What do you mean?"



He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her temple. "Just... I can't believe we're going off to England to learn how to fight basically. You're not even British and they want you. We're young and we're in love and we're about to make a decision that we can't ever go back from. We won't be able to be together until we're out, and that will take years."



His grip on her tightened with each point and she felt his fear as if it were her own. "Hey, don't worry. We're good at this stuff, and we're gonna be even better." She ran her hands down his arms until she covered his hands with her own. "We've known each other since we were five and you and your mom moved in with Giles and made my life hell." He smiled against her hair and she turned to face him. "And we've loved each other for just as long."



She loved the way his eyes looked when he wanted her. Midnight blue and a little glazed over with lust. Always though, there was the love that outshone everything and when he leaned in to kiss her, that's all she could feel. He broke the kiss and leaned his head against hers as he tried to regain control of himself. Just the thought of her wanting him just as much as he did her made his blood sing, and a lot of it sang straight to his groin.



He shifted to make himself more comfortable and moved to kiss her jaw down to her neck, then back up to her ear where he knew she loved him to suck and bite gently. She moved her arms around him and under his shirt. The feel of her hands on his bare skin made him moan softly and she echoed him when he bit down on her earlobe.



She pushed up suddenly and straddled him, moving his hands to her thighs. She could feel how excited her was and she felt the wetness soak her panties. He looked surprised, but mostly aroused and she ground down on his erection a few times before she finally leaned down to kiss him.



"I don't want to wait, Will."



***



It had been a long slow day of fucking and sleeping. Something was bothering both Xander and Spike. They could feel that something was off with Dru and it was making them more nervous than they cared to admit. Something about the mission she was having them sent on wasn't right. They rarely went on something this deep without a large number of men.



This kind of work was better left to people like Dru, who could blend in and make nice with the locals. Xander and Spike were ok at the undercover thing, but the one time they'd fucked up remained with them and made it that much harder to have faith in their abilities again. Xander still had nightmares about the girl with half her face nearly blown off and her eye clearly missing.



Spike paced around their small room as Xander checked over all of his gear. Spike couldn't stand to check his things one more time, he would go insane if he looked again.



"Bloody hell, Xand, you've got it all, yeah?!" Xander looked up and Spike felt a little guilty for taking out his stress on his friend. "Sorry, mate. Just nervous."



"You're nervous. You didn't fuck up last time we did something like this."



"We all fucked up. I told you that." Spike sighed and sat next to his friend. "Nothing's gonna happen tonight that shouldn't. I won't let it, alright?"



Xander nodded and tried to still his shaking hands. "I don't know why I'm so freaked. Just feel like something's off."



"You got that too?" Xander nodded and Spike stroked his cheek softly with his finger. "Something with Dru, she was weird today."



Xander leaned more into the caress and Spike ran his hand through the brunette's hair. "We'll be fine. Could be she's just nervous too."



"Dru? Nervous? I think not, my friend. Not her style at all."



Spike knew it was true but he didn't want to admit it.



"Think maybe she'd sell us out?"



Spike looked up sharply and dropped his hand to his side.. "Why the fuck would you say something like that?"



Xander looked a little sheepish but he just shrugged.



"She fucking cares about us, Xander. She wouldn't do that, she cares."



Xander knew his friend was just trying to convince himself, but he let it slide. If they were going to get set up by someone, better Dru than anyone else. At least that way the person would have at least given them a little before they screwed them over. He leaned over and kissed Spike softly on the temple before standing.



"Ready?"



Spike nodded silently and grabbed his stuff.



***



Spike knew something was wrong the second he looked into Dru's eyes when they arrived at the warehouse. She was saying goodbye to him. She was fucking saying goodbye to him and he hated her so much in that moment for putting him in danger, even more for doing it to Xander.



He wasn't sure how to play it. If he told Xander and they ran, chances were they'd be caught anyway, as they were now alone with no communications as Dru controlled that aspect. Bloody stupid to come out here when he knew something was up. He looked at Xander and wished he could make it up to him.



All he said was, "what now?"



Dru looked him over and was silent for a moment. She knew he knew, and she felt a pang of regret, but it was quickly covered with images of her sipping martinis on a beach in the Bahamas. "Just follow me boys, we've got to wait. Some weapons deal going down inside."



Spike tried to catch Xander's eye, but the dark haired man was too preoccupied with not fucking up to focus on anything but Dru's instructions, keeping silent, and not tripping over his own feet.



Dru signaled for them to split up and Spike cursed frantically inside his head and she lead Xander off. If he could set himself up somewhere, he could probably snipe a few out and get Xander out of there while they dealt with Dru. They'd probably assume that she'd set them up if he did that, and maybe they'd have a chance.



Of course, this plan only worked if whatever group was coming to get them was as small as all the other little cells they'd been dealing with in this manner. The fact that they had all the information they needed from Dru made him think that they probably wouldn't be stupid. Bringing a lot of manpower and a lot of powerful weapons was probably the least stupid thing they could do.



Spike cursed again and decided he'd try to find Xander and get them both out the old fashioned way: running.



He took a step in the direction he saw them head and then turned fast as he heard someone step behind him. His gun was knocked away and he was knocked to the ground with what he assumed was the butt of Xander's gun. He looked up blearily and could make out the Dru's outline in the darkness.



"I'm sorry, Spike."



He touched a hand to his head and it came away bloody. "No you're not."



She raised the gun again and he shut his eyes. "You're mostly right, pet."



Then everything was black.



***



"I don't want to wait, Will."



He was sure that he had heard her wrong. Sure that in his highly aroused state he had made up a scenario where she would actually give to him the one thing he wanted most before they left to make whatever they could of their lives.



He stared blankly at her and she kissed him again. "I'm sure, Will, let's go to your room."



She stood up and tugged on his hand until he was walking across the street with her and climbing the trellis into his window. They got inside and he noticed she was shaking slightly. He pulled her to him and rubbed up and down her arms.



"I'm not cold."



He pulled back and looked at her. She was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen, and she loved him. Loved him so much that she wanted-



Wait, why...



"Not cold?" He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He'd been too excited and it scared her off. "Oh. We can just sleep... or I can take you home."



He prayed that she would at least stay with him. How many nights had they slept together in his bed trying to keep themselves in check until they were ready to take that step? Too many for his tastes, but he was willing to spend a million of them in frustration with her if that's what she wanted.



"No.. no, Will I still want to. It's just... I guess I'm kind of nervous."



He let out a sigh of relief and pulled her to him. "We're in the same boat then, huh, baby?"



She smiled up at him. They were silent for a moment before he leaned down to kiss her softly. They moved slowly and hesitantly, much more so than they usually did. This time it had very little to do with just getting off.



They moved to his bed and lay down slowly. He slid his hands under her shirt and pulled it up and over he head while she unbuttoned his and slid it off his shoulders. He leaned forward and place reverent kisses to the top of her breasts not covered by her bra. They were both breathing hard and she moved his hands to unclasp her bra.



He kissed her deeply, his tongue caressing hers. He removed her bra and her hands fell to his belt buckle. He gasped and steadied himself as she brushed over his highly sensitive cock. He prayed that he could calm himself before the actual event or it would be very embarrassing for him and not near pleasurable enough for her. She pushed him to lay back as she removed his pants.



She stood up and took off her own before moving up between his legs and taking his cock in her hand. He panted while he watched her fondle him. He was going to cum very very soon, there was no way to stop it unless she poured a bucket of cold water over him, and even then he figured it would only go down a little.



She looked up at him and ran her hands up his chest, brushing over his nipples and making him moan before coming to rest again on his cock. "I love you so much, Will."



He threw his head back and squeezed his eyes shut as his balls tightened painfully at her words. He held himself off barely and managed to look back at her. "God, Buffy, love you so bloody much..." He reached down and stilled her hand. "I'm so close, baby, gonna cum if you touch me one more time."



She moved her head and kissed his inner thighs slowly and he cried out as he felt his orgasm approach rapidly. "Please, luv."



She moved up and placed her hand around the base of his cock. "Cum on me, Will." He nearly screamed as wave after wave of pleasure rolled over him. Shots of thick cum erupted out of his cock and onto her breasts and stomach.



When he was finally done she leaned down and licked his cock clean before rubbing his cum into her skin. He pulled her up and rolled over on top of her. "Now you."



She was so turned on after watching him that when he ducked down all she needed was one long sweep of his tongue before she was cumming hard on his face as he sucked and licked feeling her spasm against him.



He grinned up at her and she pulled him up to lay next to her. She noticed he was almost at full hardness again and she reached down to stroke him.



"Where are they?"



He looked down at her for a moment before reaching into his bedside table and pulling out a condom. She took it from him and rolled it onto his length. His breathing had sped up considerably during all this and she knew he was as aroused as she was. She couldn't ever remember being this wet, and she knew half of it was from the look on his face.



He settled between her legs and brought his forearms up to brace himself. "You sure?"



She kissed him hard and thrust her hips up. He positioned himself at her entrance and looked into her eyes.



"Don't want to hurt you, baby." She nodded and he pushed inside slowly. She stretched to accommodate him and it wasn’t too painful until he reached her barrier. “Love you, Buffy,” he whispered as he pushed inside her fully.



They both cried out, though for different reasons, and he was quick to kiss her softly and stroke her as the pain receded. He whispered to her softly and she finally felt as if they were good to continue.



She moved her hips and he began to thrust slowly. “God, Buffy.. so bleedin’ beautiful.”



His thrusts began to speed up at her body’s request and soon they were nearing the peak. He was sure he’d never felt so close to anyone, not even her before this moment.



“Oohh, Will, God, I’m so...” He reached down and rubbed her clit in the way he knew she liked and she came around his cock screaming his name. He followed immediately emptying his seed into the condom though he wished it could be her.



He moved to pull out and off of her but she wrapped her arms around him. “Don’t go.”



“I’m not, baby, just need to get rid of this.”



She shook her head and he kissed her before resting himself on her, trying to keep as much weight off of her as he could.



“We could stay like this forever, Buffy, never leave this room.”



“Right now, Will, I’m thinking you could make a case.”



He pulled them onto their sides while remaining inside her so that he could pull her closer to him. “No matter what happens, we’ll come back to this place, yeah? We’ll have our kids and our house and our life here. What we’re going to play at Buffy, no place for a real life.”



She nodded against his chest. “I know. We’ll come back here, I promise.”



***



Dru heard the car stop outside and she stepped out smiling at Liam.



"My pretty Angel, I've got some presents for you."



"Usually don't pay for presents, Dru. But then, you were always barmy."



He handed her an envelope and nodded to Willow and Tara. "These two will take you to the plane and make sure it gets out with no trouble. We don't want to see you again, Dru, not in my country anyway."



She kissed him on the cheek and whispered in his ear. "Won't keep her for long, luv, things are changing as we speak."



He pulled back and looked from her to Buffy and then nodded at Willow who opened the door. Dru smiled, not a little crazily and got into the car.



Buffy nodded to Gunn and they entered the warehouse with Liam close behind. She motioned for Gunn to check the right and she made her way toward the back left corner where she could see a booted foot poking out from behind a box. She came around the box and aimed quickly. His face was covered with blood and turned to the side, so she couldn't exactly make out his face. He did seem familiar though, and she wondered if maybe she had gone to school with him.



She heard Liam's voice behind her and she sighed in relief. It seemed that things were actually going to plan for once. He came up behind her and crouched down to see if the man was alive. He looked up and grinned.



"They're both fine. The other's coming to, but this one seems a little weaker. Maybe we should keep him."



Buffy nodded and moved to see their other prisoner. He was standing now with his back to her facing Gunn. His hair was bleached and short but whatever tussle he'd been in had it sticking up in short curls. She nodded at Gunn and he motioned for the man to kneel.



Buffy moved to look away but something stopped her. The man turned and faced her and her heart seemed to stop for a moment, she couldn't breathe and all the blood rushed from her face.



The man seemed to be having a similar reaction but he found his voice first.



"Oh, holy Jesus Christ.... Buffy?!"