Author's Chapter Notes:
Another shorty..I'm really not trying to be lazy, but I think trying to stretch the chapter length makes the plot seem a bit desperate. Or something like that. :D
“Love? Maybe that’s what you call it Slayer.”

Her courage has dissipated. He was spiteful and angry, and maybe it had registered that she’d basically just admitted that she loved him, but he was past the point where is even made sense.

“You went back in the past and had a nice shag with me because I was going to be your bed toy anymore.”

*Bed toy…that’s what he’d called himself in the past*

“It hasn’t has never been love that’s driven you to me, we both know it.” His mocking smile left cold chills in its wake. “Is that what you told him it was, bleedin’ love? Were you tryin’ to make amends by offerin’ yourself? He took it by the looks of you, and then shoved in back in your pretty face.”

He didn’t sound remorseful or surprised by the actions of his previous self. His conscious appreciation of the satisfaction the other had taken by turning her words against her cause the hair on her arms to stand up. He wasn’t infuriated because had given herself to him, his anger stemmed from her attempt to make reparation by using sex to lull him into a state of awe.

She had seen the admiration upon the other Spike’s face as he was buried in her warmth. She was so thick-headed; try as she might to make him understand, all she had succeeded in doing was showing him she could be beaten.

“He told me he could never love this version of me. Knowing from the start that I wasn’t the Buffy from his time made no difference. I think for a few moments he actually did believe I was her, and he enjoyed it; for a moment he loved me. He said he could never love a weak Buffy, and that he loved her because she was strong. She didn’t want him, would never give in which would equal giving up, and would never be pathetic enough to love him.”

There was nothing left to lose, and nothing that could make the situation any worse. She was admitting her love for a vampire who she had spent years disparaging and trying unsuccessfully to kill. The basis for her entire existence was a mockery because of the three tiny words she wanted to utter to him. She could hardly grasp it herself that this was about to happen.

Angel had been a vampire, and admitting her love for him had been difficult at first. The adjustment to her love for her enemy was lessened considering Angel had a soul; his purpose was no longer death and destruction, but peace and salvation. She never despised Angel for his past indiscretions because she had viewed him as a separate entity from Angelus.

She saw now that the division of Angelus and Angel was a weakness; his delusion that the alter-ego was not him was ignorance. Spike had no soul, and had evolved into a demon who could independently make the decision to do good. Chip or no chip he was never Angelus; his appreciation for life was evident in his truce to preserve the world with her so many years before.

“I never realized it till just now what and who you are. Not so long ago I told you that you were a monster not a man, but I was wrong, you are both. You are a man with a monster inside you all of the time, but you choose not to act upon its desires.” She shook her head, and laughed. “I always though admitting my feelings for you would make me seem weak and wrong. I just never knew you felt the same way. I know now how stupid and inconsiderate I’ve been, and it doesn’t make things right. One ‘I love you’ doesn’t change years of abuse, just like saving one life doesn’t make up for years of torture and death.”

She stood and tossed his duster to the floor; she didn’t shy away from her nakedness but flaunted it in desperation. “So here I am Spike, vulnerable and unwilling to hide anymore. It can’t get any worse. I’ve already died twice, killed one boyfriend, and pushed away two others. I’ve let my friends down, and I’ve been selfish. There is nothing left for me to hide from. If you can’t love me like this, then don’t love me at all.”

The ultimatum had been issued; freedom was at last at his fingertips. No more Slayer, no more pain and longing. He could walk away now and she would let him go, and he would have finally won. Leaving her exposed and humiliated would be his ultimate conquest. Even death was not parallel to this. She would live her life knowing he left her behind because she was inadequate, unlovable.

“I do love you strength, and it still bloody amazes me how you always bounce back. But weak Slayer? Never weak; you are greater because of this, and I was sodding brainless to ever let you think otherwise.” His steps forward were slow and deliberate; all his displeasure forgotten. “You’ve given up everything to show me who you really are, and although I’ll never bloody understand why, you love me.” The last words were uttered in disbelief. He said them, but it still didn’t sound real. The Slayer loved him.

“Buffy-“

“Spike-“

It was the paramount movie moment; they came together en masse. She could almost hear the epic soundtrack seeping into the moment as enveloped her in his arms. It was finally time; no holds barred. There was no disgrace or worry, just emotion.

Lips, tongues, skin, heat; they were no longer two people enjoying each other, they were one. The franticness always present in their intimacy was no longer an issue; they had each other, and nothing but time.

Slick with sweat they moved together, their moans of pleasure echoing throughout the crypt. The bond of their gaze never faltered; each time in plunged into the sweet warmth her eyes glowed brighter.

“Buffy…love…”

“Fill me Spike…make me whole again…”

***
The seriousness radiated throughout the room; the fear of defeat loomed over the heads of all present in the room. So much loss had already been accumulated over the years, and even though it seemed the future was doomed the air was calm.

“So here's the part where you make a choice: What if you could have that power...now? In every generation, one slayer is born... because a bunch of men who died thousands of years ago made up that rule. They were powerful men. This woman is more powerful than all of them combined. So I say we change the rule. I say my power should be our power. Tomorrow, Willow will use the essence of the scythe to change our destiny.”


A/N: Dialogue taken from S7-Chosen

CHEESECAKE...mmmmmmmmmmm