Author's Chapter Notes:
Yeah so I'm starting to realize this fic is going to be very long. There is so much I want to get through, so I expect to be writing this one for quite some time.

I think in the last couple chapters I was starting to lose my original story line, so I revamped this one, less angsty, less "soul searching" and hopefully a bit flufflier. Leave a review!

I do also realize this fic is rate Nc-17: I was tired of switching ratings for each chapter, so I left it there.

Don't forget to pop over to my Spuffy award site BIF Awards and nominate your favorite spuffy fics!
It was an odd feeling sitting alone in Spike’s crypt at night; apparently using the words “my” and “idiot” in the same sentence when talking to Spike was on that list of things not to do. He hadn’t responded, and had abruptly turned on his heal and slammed out of the crypt.

*Stupid vampire; he’s worse than Dawn*

She couldn’t figure out what his problem was; she admitted to him that he meant something to her and she wanted him, and he throws a tantrum and runs away.

“Oooh look at me; I’m the ‘Big Bad; I’m not scared of anything, except if you say something nice to me I’ll run away like a little poof.” Buffy giggled at her terrible impression of Spike, and that fact that she had referred to him as a poof. That, along with ponce, peaches, and a long list of insulting names had become easily associated with Angel. She thought it was funny.

Buffy sighed dramatically; she didn’t care anymore about getting caught, because it was starting to look like they weren’t leaving anytime soon. She’d be damned if she was going to stay locked up in the crypt for an indefinite period of time.

“If he gets to leave so do I,” she mumbled throwing on a jacket and exiting the crypt.

She knew exactly where she was going; the high school. She wanted to get a peak at her and Angel. She remembered the night in great detail and was more than curious to see it replayed again. She also knew that if Spike found her it would be a riot to watch him get worked up over the recently-returned-from-hell Angel.

She positioned herself outside near a small window attached to the utility room. She (the other her) was already battling Pete the Jekyll/Hyde science nerd.

“Naughty, naughty Slayer; shouldn’t be out ya know.”

She felt a cold hand on her should, “If the rules don’t apply to you, then they don’t apply to me either.”

Spike shrugged and took up position beside her peering into the window. He hadn’t made any comments on their earlier conversation, and she wasn’t going to bring it up. He would just run off again.

*Baby*

Buffy snorted at her internal monologue and Spike raised an eyebrow at her. “What are we watchin?”

She didn’t answer; she was too focused on the scene below. It was coming; Angel’s intervention.

“Awww…look how cute the little Slayer is…” Spike mocked. “Why are we watching…” He stopped in mid-sentence. Angel appeared feral and dangerous; he watched the scene play out ending with a crack of Pete’s neck. He was about to speak when he caught a look at Buffy’s face; she was crying.

“Buffy…” Angel’s choked voiced threatened to make Spike hurl. He watched as Angel sank to his knees wrapping his arms around the other Buffy’s stomach. The other Buffy looked to be on the verge of hysterics, and his Buffy had her face in her hands and she was shaking.

This had been the moment Angel had truly returned; Buffy’s true love come back from the dead for the first time after the infamous shag that had resurrected Angelus. He got it; why Buffy had come to relive this moment. This had been the first time something had swing the Slayer’s way; her duty had taken the poof away, and something had given him back to her.

Buffy had come here to relive probably the happiest moment in her life, and that’s when Spike got mad.

“Crazy bint!” Spike cursed and tore himself away from the window and began stalking away.

Buffy was startled with Spike’s sudden departure; she had been to busy watching the scene below her.

“Spike!” she called after him but he didn’t stop. She picked up her pace catching him by the shoulder and spinning him around. “What is your deal? Are you mental?”

“ME? I don’t get you Slayer; not that it’s anything new!” He was so angry he had shifted into his game face unknowingly.

“Did I miss something?” She hadn’t; she knew exactly what he was upset about and it made her want to laugh even more. She wasn’t crying over Angel, she had been laughing over her obvious immaturity, and once again Spike had read the entire situation wrong, and it was hilarious.

“You bloody-well did! You put the whole smooth act on in the basement, telling me I’m yours. Next bleedin’ minute you’re watching the wonderful world of Angel and Buffy crying your little Slayer eyes out. WHERE DOES THAT LEAVE ME?”

“Spike it’s been about 3 hours since we had that conversation and you left me you jerk!”

Spike wasn’t listening, he was ranting. “You sit there crying over your lost love, but you’ve got me! You’ve had me, longer than the bloody ponce, but nooo you’d rather watch re-runs of the poofter parade.”
Buffy was holding it in; she could barely contain her laughter. Spike was being ridiculous, pacing back and fort spouting out the most ridiculous one-sided argument she had ever heard.

“That’s it you know; I’ve bloody had it! Once we get back to our time I’m gone; no more Slayer’s bitch for Spike.”

Buffy pounced on him; she couldn’t take it any longer. She jumped forward and landed a solid punch to Spike’s cheek startling him out of his tirade. He fought back aggressively; too pissed off to notice she wasn’t actually trying to hurt him. Buffy ducked a high kick and countered with a wide swing of her leg catching Spike in the jaw and sending him sprawling. She didn’t hesitate but leaned forward and punched him again in the face.

The back of Spike’s head hit the ground with a thud, and Buffy jumped on him; she straddled his midsection. Grabbing his lapels she lifted him up and slammed him against the ground one last time.

Spike’s vision cleared and he could see an amused Slayer sitting above him. He didn’t get it; she was laughing at him.

“You are not leaving.”

He growled at her; still in his game face, “Why the bloody hell not?”

“Because I can’t do this without you.” She uttered it like it was the most obvious thing in the world, and he should have already known it; that his presence was a necessary factor in her life.

“Since when Slayer? What changed? You never needed me before!”

“I think maybe I did,” she stated matter of factly. Spike was confused; Buffy was chipper and positive, and not mad at him in the least.

Buffy had an epiphany; it had always been easier to deal with her feeling about Spike when she was angry at him, but she had just realized it was just as easier, and a lot more fun to do so she was laughing at him. It was just as easy to downplay the conversation laughing at him, as when she was kicking his ass from one end of town to the other.

“Look, Spike I’m not going to go all mushy again. Obviously that was a bit too much for you, and we both know that isn’t me. I don’t want you to leave, and I also want to avoid having to bring out Schizo Buffy when we’re together. Bottom-line is you are a poop-head for lack of a better word.”

“Huh?” Spike had slid out of game face and was looking at her like she was completely off her rocker.

“You are worse than Xander and Dawn combined, did you know that? You are like a little kid, I have to watch what I say or you might stomp off and hide in a corner somewhere. Or in your case stalk off and chew through someone’s neck.” Buffy took a breath, and smothered her giggles at the face Spike was making at her.

“I don’t know what I want from you Spike, all I know is I’m not ready for you to not be here. I do love Angel, probably always will, but in reality I don’t want to be with him, not anymore. I don’t need him; I don’t want him, not like that.”

“So what was that all about then?” Spike gestured towards the utility room, finally managing to speak.

“I wanted to see it again, because I knew it would be different than I remembered, and I was right. I didn’t realize until just now how immature I was; I made a lot of ignorant decisions regarding Angel. I guess I just finally realized it was never really worth it, and I found it funny how stupid I use to be.”

“Wow deep thoughts Slayer.”

Buffy smirked at him, “Yeah it happens from time to time.”

Spike was still trying to wrap his head around the fact that Buffy had been laughing hysterically at Angel and herself, not crying in despair. She had pulled a complete 360 on him going from tense and paranoid to relaxed and giggly, and boy was it hot. Spike thrust up against Buffy as she sat astride him.

“What?” Spike gave her an innocent look.

Buffy felt a rush of desire spiral through her as she stared down at Spike; he had taken her revelation in stride, and hadn’t condemned her for it. Maybe everything would be alright after all. She could feel how hard he was from her position on top of him.

*You are such a perv Buffy*

It was funny how she could go from watching herself with Angel one minute to lusting over Spike the next and not feel remotely bad about it. She was starting a new chapter in her life, and it was called “The Girl Without a Stick Up Her Ass.”

*This is going to be fun*


Don't hate me! Things will get hotter in the next chappy.