Author's Chapter Notes:
OMG I know twice in one week! I took a cue from Brat, who tries to update daily. Its a shorty I know, but at this rate I'll have another posted this afternoon!

The errors in this are all mine; haven't sent this to be beta'd yet.

Hope you enjoy!
Time passed slowly in the wake of Spike’s absence. With nothing to do but watch TV and wait, Buffy was going crazy. She’d sit outside the window the library to overhear game plans and strategies of the Scoobies, but beyond that there was nothing; only loneliness.

An earlier version of herself (not even 2 weeks ago) would have sat and simmered. Her frustration at Spike’s disappearance would have eventually led to rage, and when he reappeared she would have most likely beat the crap out of him.

But not this Buffy; this Buffy was hurt and depressed, and she was getting sadder by the minute.

*He left me*

She had pushed him too far. He had actively taken part in their sexual escapade, and then flung it back in her face like she had done to him many times before.

*But why does it hurt so much?*

He’d been one a little over a week, and the silence in the crypt had become almost unbearable. Giles and Willow had finished the preparations for the spells, and were now only waiting for her, because she would not leave without Spike.

Giles had informed her last night that the ‘other’ Buffy had been whisked away suddenly by her mother to visit relatives. Buffy couldn’t remember that happening, but shrugged it off. At least she could patrol for a few nights.

She was worried; more worried than she should be about Spike. Taking out her frustrations on some demons or vampires would definitely help with that.

There was almost a skip to her step as she made her way through the cemetery.

*Pathetic much?*

She couldn’t get him out of her head; where had he gone? Was he coming back at all? She knew this was punishment, and was willing to accept it, if he came back.

Then it happened; a hand roughly grabbed her shoulder from behind.

*This is what you get for not paying attention*

Without hesitation she twirled and let her fist fly; crushing the nose of her assailant.

“BLOODY HELL!”

Her mouth dropped open. Spike was glaring at her, one hand cupping his battered nose.

“Ooops, Spike I’m sorry. You know not to sneak up on me!” She was nervous, and totally uncomfortable.

*Great way to apologize Buffy, next time why don’t you just knock him unconscious?*

“What? Bleedin’ hell Slayer did you just apologize? I must be drunker than I thought.”

“Though we’d gone over that,” she mumbled.

He looked at her strangely, right before she launched herself at him. Wrapping her arms around his neck and holding onto him for dear life.

“I’m an idiot Spike; I wasn’t thinking, I…”

Spike freaked; untangling Buffy from his body like she was covered in Holy Water.

“Get off me you crazy bint! Have you gone totally off your rocker?”

Buffy stared up at him from the spot he had dropped her; she realized that she’d messed up, but she didn’t deserve this. She wasn’t going cry; she couldn’t give him the satisfaction.

*Don’t cry, don’t cry, don’t cry, don’t cry…oh hell*

She was crying, over Spike. What the hell was wrong with her?

Spike made a faced and stepped away from her disgusted. “You really have lost it haven’t you?”

“I don’t understand…” she choked out between sobs.

“Well clearly I don’t either.” He paused rolling his eyes at the pathetic site on the ground. “Right then, when you’ve decided you’re done with the whole ‘Girl Interrupted’ bit you let me know. Then maybe I’ll tell you where I’ve stashed Red and the whelp.”

She stopped crying instantly.

*It can’t be*

She narrowed her eyes surveying Spike standing above her.

*This isn’t how it happened the first time!*

But something was different; his hair, something in his eyes, and he was wearing that damned red shirt. He hadn’t worn that in years.

*I just hugged, and cried in front of chip-less, and recently dumped evil Spike. I am never going to live this one down*

She sighed, and gave Spike an exasperated look as he was rummaging through his pockets. “Lemme guess, they're at the factory, but you need supplies from the magic shop so Willow can do a love spell on Dru? Am I getting warm?”

The unlit cigarette fell out of his lips. “Bloody hell, are you psychic as well as completely loony now too?”

She climbed to her feet, and dusted herself off. “Something like that.”

***

He was completely piss-ass drunk sitting on the Slayer’s doorstep. The lights were off, and everything was quiet.

“Stupid sslayer…stoopid Dru…” he slurred taking another long gulp from the bottle.

They’d made a right mess of his unlife; coming in and twisting him around their fingers like he was string.

*Well ‘m not string, ‘n ‘m not play dough either, or any kind of dough for that matter!*

He had left her; it hadn’t been planned. Her obvious amusement about his concern for their relationship had pushed him over the edge. He had thoroughly enjoyed fucking her, and thought he would get satisfaction from leaving her behind, but he hadn’t. He’d missed her, and was planning on making his comeback appearance tonight; right after he finished this bottle…or maybe the next.

After leaving Buffy he’d decided the best course of action was to leave town. If he stayed she’d find him, and beat the piss out of him. He was starting to think maybe he should have stayed, and then at least she wouldn’t have had a week to think about all the terrible things she was going to do to him.

He’d taken a page from her book; gone back to re-live one of his life changing experiences. So he’d gone to Brazil, to watch Dru break his heart. Oddly enough he hadn’t been affected by it. He remembered his feelings for Dru; how she had consumed him, and terrorized him, but it didn’t seem quite so perfect now.

He was a right git, begging her to give him another chance.

*Where’s your dignity you wanker?*

He had spent a day drinking himself into a stupor, and then made his way back to Sunnyhell…to her…again.

He dragged the bottle to his lips to drink again, and while he was trying to see through the color glass at the end of the bottle it exploded, sending glass shards everywhere.

He was in too much pain to swear; he had tiny cuts all over his face, and pieces of glass sticking out of his skin. He couldn’t see what had caused the bottle to explode, but then he heard it.

“What the hell are you doing here Spike?”

It was Angel.


You get skittles today Brat! :D