Author's Chapter Notes:
OK i hope you are all enjoing this, leave me some reviews ok. The cafe I describe in this chapter is where I used to work when i was in college and it is rough as i make out. Its actually the place i met my best bud - so heres to you Jo xx
Chapter 2

Buffy rose early the next morning expecting to have the living room of the small flat to her self, assuming Spike had gone to bed with Faith. To her surprise the bleach blonde was sat on the couch, notebook and pen in hand, a pair of glasses hanging from his mouth. She mentally slapped herself for finding him attractive. She couldn’t do that to her cousin, then again she was always told she was whore by *him* so why would this time be any different. He wasn’t here to punish her this time, she had escaped, but no she wouldn’t do that to Faith. She smiled shyly at him as he noticed her enter the room.

“Morning pet, sleep ok?” Spike asked taking his glasses from his mouth.

“Yeah fine, err is Faith not up yet?”

“Nope not yet.”

“Oh ok, I take it early rising is a hazard of the job then.” she smiled at him again.

“Oh yeah, can never really sleep past 6:30 even after I was pissed the night before, which is why Faith makes me take the couch and not the guest bed in her room.” he laughed.

“Oh so you and her aren’t…”

“What, oh no, me and her no. Friends is all.” he laughed. “You didn’t think that me and her…. Did ya?”

“Well kinda” Buffy blushed.

“Well that’s settled then. You want breakfast, a brew?” he asked getting up.

“Coffee would be good.” she said settling into the couch. He wasn’t so bad, but she couldn’t, he might find out and then she would be in trouble.

Spike came back in the mugs in his hand, handing Buffy hers he settle next to her and flicked on the TV. They sat in a comfortable silence for a while, just enjoying not being alone. Both at them laughing at the dodgy cartoons on that early in the morning.

“Buffy, you mind if I ask you a question?” he asked nervously.

“Sure.”

“You wanna go out tonight, just us two, no large crowd of people to get in the way.” he looked at her. He couldn’t read this girl like he could the rest, she was defiantly holding something back, but what?

She thought for a moment. She so desperately wanted to say yes, she wanted to start again, have something real, but no it wasn’t right, she wasn’t good enough to have anyone. “Yes” now where the hell did that come from she thought.

“Good about 6 then?” he asked his hope rising.

“Err no I have to work till 8 you can pick me from work if you want.” she was regretting it now. “it’s the little café near the pub.”

“Yeah I know spent many a morning after in, Squoddies heaven. Cheap food full of grease what more could you ask for.”

“Yeah really,” she laughed “A heart attack on a plate”

“The best hangover cure ever if you ask me” thank god she was relaxing with him, he thought.

It was 7.30 and Spike strolled up the road. This girl had worked his way into his blood in such a short time, he couldn’t understand. He swore that while he was still in the army he wasn’t going to fall for anybody, but she had broken him down. Her shyness and beauty had captivated, he couldn’t help but wonder though what she was hiding.

He pushed open the door to the café to find Buffy fighting off some guy. The sneering and hateful words could be heard from the door where he was standing. The guy began pulling at her clothes, the sleeves ripping revealing her bare arms, the marks she was hiding. Spike blood was boiling, storming over he grabbed the guy and through him to the floor.

“Warren, I should of known.” he hissed under his breath. Warren was known around the barracks for taking advantage of any girl in the town, even when they said no. “Piss you little shit.” he turned to Buffy and smiled. “You ok pet?” she nodded. Warren got to his feet ready to defend his self, but Spike’s icy glare stopped him. “Just leave you whelp before I kick you from back to base!” he spat as the man ran from the café.

He looked at Buffy, tears were falling down her face. Shear fear in her eyes. Wiping her tears from her face he looked her over making sure there was no damage. It was then he saw the scars. There was a quite a collection, ranging from, from what he could tell, cigarette burns, slash marks, and possible some from other hot items. He looked at her, tears forming in his own eyes, what had happened to this girl. God he just wanted to wrap her up and make it all go away for her. He looked at her, wanting to ask what had happened, but the moment was lost as she bolted from the counter and out of the door.

“Buffy, wait! Pet, please.” he shouted taking off after her.

He ran down the road, franticly trying to find her. He came to an alley and heard soft sobbing. He turned to see Buffy huddled over her knees crying into her hands. Hiding again from the world.

“Buffy love.” he said softly as he sat in front of her. “Look at me please.” she raised her head slowly her red eyes shining out of her pale skin. “You ok?” he asked. Stupid question really, he thought, course she’s not ok, this is what she’s been hiding.

“No.” she sobbed her head falling into her hands again.

“Who did this love?” he stroked her scars, letting her know she didn’t have to hide them from him. She began crying again trying to back away.

“I cant tell you, he’ll find out, make me go back. Please Spike don’t let him take me home please.” she fell into his chest holding him close.

“Shush love you ain’t going anywhere, lets get you home though.” she nodded allowing Spike to help her up. He wrapped his jacket around her, hiding her marks from any on lookers.

“Don’t tell Faith please.” her eyes begging him for some sort of trust.

“I promise pet I won’t tell her, but you are gonna have to tell her someday you know that right.” she nodded placing her head on his shoulder, her body still heaving from the sobs she was trying to contain.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

What you all think? Good? Bad? Let me know ok.

Oh and congrats to my friend Heinze 57 she somtimes comes here shes getting married, it was her relationship with a certain squoddie that kinda inspired this story. so here we go miss beanz and i have a speacial chapter in mind for you later