Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks so much to my fab beta spuffy obsessed couldnt of done it without you chucks!
Chapter 4

Spike and Faith had crashed out on the couch, the night escaping them. He tried to stay awake to see if Buffy would come out and talk to him but nothing occurred, not even a peep was heard from the direction of her bedroom. Hours went by before Spike was awoken by the phone ringing. Faith was still in a deep sleep, not even being a little disturbed by the ringing phone. He picked up the ringing device, rubbing his eyes, and looking around for something to drink.

“Hello?” Spike answered still slightly dazed from his former sleeping state.

“Oh hey, Spike its Willow. Faith with you?” she asked her voice full of fear.

“Yeah, but she’s asleep, what’s up Red?” he could hear her voice shaking. Spike’s eyebrow shot up wondering what might be going on, on the other side of the telephone.

“Buffy’s here and she’s kinda out of control, she’s been downing all sorts and flirting with any guy she can get her hands on.”

“She cant be! She’s still in her room.” Spike walked, with the phone in hand, to her door and pushed it open. His jaw fell when he saw her bed empty. “Where are you red?”

“At the pub, Oz is here to trying to keep an eye on her but…” Spike cut her off.

“I’m on my way.”

“Spike hurry, Warrens got his claws into her.” Spike slammed the phone down and ran from the flat. What the hell was she playing at? Making both her cousin and Spike think she was cozy in her room brooding over the days events while in fact she was partying it up with out even giving them notice.

*~~~*~~~*~~~*

Buffy sat at the bar, running her heal clad foot up Warrens leg, as he put another shot of vodka in front of her. They had been whispering sweet nothings to each other for nearly an hour. Buffy had allowed Warren to feed her drink after drink to numb the fact that this guy had just attacked her only hours earlier. She needed this night to act out and it seemed Buffy thought, why not use Warren for it? The whole time while Warren was in her presence she hadn’t noticed Willow and Oz watching from the other side of the room.

A song came out over the speakers and from her head all the way down to her toes, began to sway with the music. She was beyond drunk now and loving it, nothing seemed wrong when she was drunk. It was like she was 18 again and living the life of luxury before her mom died.

“You wanna get out of here?” Warren whispered.

“Sounds like a plan to me.” she said downing her last shot and grabbing her purse. “Where you wanna go?”

He took her hand and pulled her out of the pub, a little too roughly for her drunken state, leaving Buffy to stumble slightly, the effects of the alcohol finally taking their toll.

*~~~*~~~*~~~*

Spike ran into the bar, scouring it for signs of Buffy. Spotting Willow and Oz, he ran over to them, gasping for breath as he landed at the table.

“Where is she?” he asked his fists and jaw clenching. Anger shook over him but worry for Buffy was taking a greater affect on Spike’s emotions.

“She just left with him, mate.” Oz stated, looking into his beer.

“You got to find her Spike, you know what he’s like. What’s gotten into her anyway?” Willow asked concern painting her face.

“What you mean?” Spike asked, wondering what she could of done.

“Well, she was dressed up like a cheap hooker, no offense, and has been downing vodka shots with any bloke she could find.” Oz shrugged. “She didn’t seem that type last night.”

“Find her Spike.” Willow pleaded. In the very little time that Willow had known Faith’s cousin, she had taking a liking to her. Buffy was sweet and being with Warren left Willow to keep on urging to find her. Not only that but Faith would kill everyone if something happened to Buffy.

“I will.” Spike said, running out of the pub again. He headed for the alley Buffy might of ended up. It was close and he knew Warren well enough to know the ponce wasn’t fussy.

*~~~*~~~*~~~*

Buffy lent against the alley wall, Warrens lips crushing hers. Their hands wandering over each other. His hands traveled to the hem of her skirt and she froze. She couldn’t do it, she couldn’t let him touch her, couldn’t let him any where near her. The idea just made her sick and she knew it wasn’t the vodka. Surprisingly Spike’s face kept flashing in her head making her further feel dirtier. Quickly, Buffy tried to push him away, but he just fought back, an evil grin smeared across his face.

“Please Warren, I don’t want to. I can’t do this. I just want to go home.” Tears sprung to Buffy’s eyes as she tried to push Warren off of her without any relenting. This man wasn’t letting her go anytime soon.

“You can’t tease me like that baby, you want it. You and I both know you do.” He leered at her as he ran his hands over breasts. Snaking them down to pull her skirt up.

Buffy sobbed, the hot tears flowing freely again. She was being violated and none of her strength could stop it. “Please I just want to go home.”

Warren ignored her this time and shoved her hard against the wall, and pain shot down her back. Her rigid body trying to block out what was happening to her.

“I think the lady said to stop.” A voice sneered from behind Warren.

Buffy’s eyes shot open, relief filled her as she saw Spike step into the alley. He grabbed Warren and threw him against the opposite wall, giving Buffy a quick glance to make sure she was okay.

“You not learn earlier?” Spike spat as he knelt by Warren’s huddled body. “You leave my girl alone, you get me?”

“She was asking for it, silly little whore..” He couldn’t finish his sentence as Spike’s fist hit him square in the jaw. Warren’s lip had been busted open from the punch and blood slowly seeped out.

“Now go home, or I will be on the phone to the RP’s, I have a mate who works for ‘em owes me a favor. I’m sure he wouldn’t mind putting you on lock down for a few weeks.” Spike stood up and took Buffy’s hand leading her once again from the alley. “Again, stay away from my girl.” Spike said with one last warning before leading them both out of the dark alley.

They walked in silence for a few yards, Buffy suddenly becoming aware of how she was dressed and feeling uncomfortable with it again. Soft sobs racked her body as she tried to control herself.

“Can we not go home yet, please Spike? I can’t cope with Faith’s questions right now” she asked looking at her feet.

“Faith doesn’t know but sure we can go get a coffee or something.” he wrapped his arm around her pulling her close and blocking some of the night air from her shivering body.

He steered her into a diner near her home. Signaling for two coffees, he looked at her. He couldn’t help but fantasize what this side of Buffy was like. Spike would be a liar if he denied she didn’t look like a sexy vixen in the black get up. There was a side of her a lot closer to Faith than she realized, a very carefree one.

“You wanna explain this to me?” he asked trying to catch her eye. Spike waved his hand in proportion to her body, pointing out the complete turn of wardrobe,

She looked out of the window, trying to think of the words to say, but nothing seemed to be coming, she owed him an explanation. Maybe he would be the one she could finally tell what had happened to her.

“When mom died” she started, tears welling again. “I couldn’t cope, felt like everyone was leaving me. Dad hid at work, and when he was home he was drunk, my boyfriend left me round the same time, so I became this person.” she gestured to her outfit. “It was something to hide behind, a faÁade that showed someone stronger. The boys liked it, and for a while I liked the attention, it took the pain away a bit.” Buffy wiped her eyes with the back of her sleeve. Spike came round and sat beside her, wrapping his arm once again around her. “Then dad started noticing what I was doing, and he hated me for….” she stopped tears taking over her body again. She held out her arms again showing her marks. “He said it would stop me being a whore, that no one wanted damaged property, but I hid them and carried on. And, that’s when he started….” she couldn’t finish her body bombarded with fear, pain and relief that someone finally knew.

“He did that to you?” she nodded as he traced the scars with his fingers.

“I’m broken Spike, he broke me, I’m nothing more than a whore, a common whore. He was right, I don’t deserve anything, anybody.” She shuddered again turning away from him.

“That’s not true pet. I know he’s your father but he’s a sick bastard. You deserved to be loved,” he pulled her chin so she was looking at him. “We’re gonna fix you okay? Make you trust people again. I promise I’m gonna try and make things better for you.” He kissed the top of her head as she flopped into his chest, liking the feeling of being wrapped up in his arms.

“Why though? Why do you care? You’ve known me all of two days.” Buffy pointed out getting a control on her tears. ”Why do want to see me happy so badly?” she asked.

“Coz I like you, think you’re something special.” he grinned.

“Really after only a couple of days?”

“Well what can I say, love? I follow my heart, not my head.” he shrugged pulling her a little closer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please review I love knowing what you all think!

Voting is nearly underway for the BurstintoFlame awards see evildeadgirl for details!