Author's Chapter Notes:
Well here we go sorry its a bit late but real life has a tenedanecy of biting me in the but right now.
Thank you so much to my lovely beta spuffy_obsessed this would be unreadable without yousweetie xx

Chapter 5

It was gone past midnight when the pair pushed open the front door. Faith was still sprawled out on the couch, still encompassed in her sleep. Buffy smiled at the sight of her cousin snoring softly.

“She didn’t even realize you were gone.” Buffy observed while heading for her room.

“Buffy wait,” Spike grabbed her arm and span her round to face him. Her green eyes were still watery from the night’s events. The words stuck in his throat as he tried to express them. She had been hurt, and he could not hurt her again. “I meant what I said before. I like you. I’d like to take you out sometime….well to give it another try.” he stammered looking at his shoes suddenly. ’God this must be the first girl to make you nervous about asking for a date, stop being a stupid twat.’ Spike’s mind berated scolded himself.

“So would I, I like you too.” she smiled back at him, the small grin spreading on his lips, making Spike’s heart swell.

Without warning, Spike leaned in and kissed her. It was soft at first, savoring the moment between the two of them. Buffy was more than shocked, the kiss had come out of nowhere. She relaxed into his hold, wanting this as much as he had. Their lips and tongues exploring each other’s mouths, while allowing themselves to delve deep into the desire that they both stirred up for the other. Passion took over them both; fire and frustration infused them together, both wanting more.

Slowly and to both blonde’s dismay, Spike pulled away.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have done that pet.” he looked away again. He was pushing her; it was too much too quick, even if he had already admitted that he was starting to like her greatly. She wasn’t like most of the girls round here, she was sweet. Buffy didn’t seem the type to just want a one-night stand and go home. She wanted –no, Buffy needed more.

“Don’t be sorry.” she said sweetly, cupping his face with her hands and urging him to look at her. “I didn’t stop it.” She whispered.

Spike sighed and gave her quick peck on the cheek, before allowing her to go into her room and himself heading for the living room. Pulling the remainder of the cushion from Faith, he listened for the Buffy’s door shutting before he settled down to try and sleep.

~******~

An hour later, Buffy was still awake. Every time she shut her eyes she could see Warrens’ evil grin shining back at her. What he had almost done mad her sick just to think about it. Pulling her self out of bed she crept into the living room. She quickly glanced around the cornertrying to see if anyone was awake. She was about to head back to her room when a small cough stopped her.

“Cant sleep either love?” Spike asked pushing the glasses he was wearing, to the top of his head.

“Nope, my mind won’t stop racing.” she answered feeling slightly nervous. Her slender arms wrapped themselves around her body, her body trying not to fidget under his gaze. Faith rolled over and groaned in her sleep, the very little noise they were making obviously disturbing her. “You wanna come in my room…talk in there for a bit.” How forward she just was made her blush as she silently prayed to God that Spike wouldn’t laugh at her, or anything along those lines.

“Sure.” Spike chuckled as he got up, laughing only at the way she blushed.

Following her into her room they both sat on her bed. The silence becoming unsettling.

“We’ve talked so much about me tonight, and I know nothing about you.” Buffy started.

“What do you wanna know?”

“How come you joined the army?”

“Seemed like a good idea at the time,” he laughed, with a shrug. Buffy just carried on staring at him. “Okay, okay, I was an army brat too. Hard to believe, ain’t it. Dad was stationed down south when we were little, I rebelled as we all do, end up with no exams or anything so I had to do something rather than sit on the dole.” he shrugged again.

“So it wasn’t to see the world or anything then?” she laughed.

“Nope, I did enough of that growing up. It was a wage packet more than anything.” he smiled at how happy she seemed to be. “What about you anyway pet, what did you want to do when you grew up?”

“Don’t know really, I was too interested in being popular when I was in school. Did kinda like kids though I thought at one point I wanted to teach kindergarten, however I suppose now it would be what ever the equivalent is.” she looked at him. His azure eyes, she could swear could see into her soul and were leaving her mesmerized.

“That would be infants love and why not go for it? Nothing stopping you.” he asked.

“Coz there is a million reasons stopping me. One of them being money or lack of it.”

“Trivial thing.” Spike laughed. “If there’s one thing I’ve learned, is…if you want something, go for it.”

“Suppose.” she yawned her shoulders sagging.

“You getting tired love, I’ll see you in the morning.” he stood to leave but she took his hand and stared into his eyes again.

“Stay.” Buffy said looking up at him, pleading with her eyes. “Please, I’m not asking you to sleep with me, I just don’t want to be on my own right now.”

“You sure pet?” Buffy nodded moving over to allow Spike more room.

They both snuggled together, Spike pulling her closer, stroking her arm. His breathing became shallow with the onset of sleep.

“I think I would like to be your girlfriend.” She sighed as sleep took her.

Spikes heart raced, was that her asking him out this time? He watched her for a moment before sleep claimed him too.

~****~

Faith stretched out of her sleep. The sun was streaming in through the front room window, making her squint her eyes. Checking her watch she saw it was still early, but she was wondering where Spike was. Last time she looked he had fallen asleep with her on the couch. She heard Buffy’s door open, and she went to greet her cousin, but was stopped dead in her tracks as she saw a sleep ruffled Spike leave the girl’s room.

“What the hell happened?” she hissed trying to not to wake Buffy, but showing her shock to him at the same time. His clothes were completely wrinkled and he was currently sporting the sex hair style.

“Nothing, we just fell asleep that’s all. Be quiet or you’re gonna wake her.” Spike pulled Buffy’s door closed and headed for the kitchen, with Faith quickly following Spike on her heels. “Look, she was upset and we talked really that’s all.” Faith didn’t look convinced however. “Do you really think I would be stupid enough to sleep with your cousin in your house and then try and get away with it?”

“Yes, but I believe you. It was fun just watching you sweat for a while.” she smirked.

There was a knock at the door. Faith and Spike looked at each other and shrugged, neither knowing who it could be that early in the morning. The knocking began to turn into a heavy banging.

“OK, OK I’m coming for gods sakes.” Faith shouted as she threw the door open.

“Morning Faith.” greeted an older man standing at the door.

“Dad? Not that I’m not glad to see you but I thought you were in Germany or somewhere, training people?” Faith asked hugging her father.

“I got in this morning, but its not you I’ve come to talk to, it’s Spike.”

Spike perked up and came to the door, giving a salute to his superior. “Major Giles?”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK what you think - please review, I love hearing from you all xx