Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry its been a while we have had slight technical trouble with the pc's and laptops in our house! ~(Basically we all had the same virus and its taken us ages to wipe everything and start again)
Hope you all enjoy though!
Chapter 7

Buffy twirled in front of the mirror. The red fabric clung to her in places, showing off curves that she didn’t know she had. The dress was short, but not in a slutty way. Everything was perfect, apart from the spaghetti straps that held the dress to her body. She had nothing to put over it and her heart was racing. She looked down at her bare arms, tracing the scars slowly that marred her arms. They showed years of abuse on two tiny arms, each one with a story to tell. She could hear Willow pacing impatiently outside the bathroom door. She had to make a choice. Face up to what had happened and what was going to happen if she went to her father, or hide from it all again.

She looked at her self in the mirror again. Her blonde hair was ironed flat, framing her face, her make up applied. She took a deep breath. You can do this Summers she told her self. No more hiding. He can’t get you now, you’re safe. Time to start living She repeated the encouraging words in her head making it a mantra.

Taking a deep breath she opened the door, revealing her self to the waiting Willow. The red head grinned as Buffy walked out. The shy girl she had once met, the girl she saw so much of her old self in, was slowly melting away, and becoming a confident woman.

“Buffy, you look gorgeous. Spike is gonna freak.” she smiled taking it all in. Willow looked her over stopping at her arms. Buffy flinched pulling away slightly, but Willow said nothing. Realizing if she wanted people to know then she would have said something by now.

“You look good too, Willow.” Buffy smiled inwardly thanking the girl for not making a big deal of her scars.

Willow blushed, the green fabric of the dress setting her hair off. “Nothing really.”

Faith came into the hall to see what the noise was and smiled at her cousin. “You look good B. What times’ blondie bear coming to pick you up?”

“We’re meeting them there, I think that’s our cab outside now.” Willow answered looking through the window at the street below.

“You sure you don’t wanna come?” Buffy asked.

“Yep! I got an early one tomorrow and daddy dearest wants to have dinner, so rain check, okay.” Faith smiled.

“Kay, don’t wait up.” Buffy laughed pulling Willow out of the front door.

~******~

The music had already started when the girls entered the club, which they instantly began scouring the floor for their men. Spotting Oz at the bar Willow headed over to him and pointed Buffy in the direction of Spike. Her heart was already racing, she didn’t know what he was going to think, but it was too late now as the bleach blonde had spotted her and his jaw had practically hit the floor.

Buffy laughed as she twirled in front of him “You like it then?”

“You look gorgeous pet.” He said pulling her to him and kissing her tenderly. “I’m proud of you.”

“What for?” She looked up at him with big confused green eyes.

“Not hiding”

She just smiled at him and kissed him again as Willow and Oz came back to the table with their drinks. Buffy continued to smile as the music started again. With her sudden burst of confidence that Spike had given her, Buffy grabbed Spike’s hand and looked at him longingly. “Dance with me?” she asked pulling him to the floor. Spike obliged pulling her to him as they began to move with the music.

~******~

Drusilla entered the club followed by her entourage of officer’s daughters. The base was hell to live on but these girls were the only ones to be seen with. The common soldier’s daughters were just below her. She hunted through out the room looking for anything to entertain herself with, but stopping dead in her tracks as she saw Spike dancing with that little blonde girl Buffy.

“What’s up?” Cordelia asked, trying to follow her friends gaze.

“That’s what’s up.” Drusilla pointed towards the couple, her perfectly dark manicured nails itched to claw out the ‘sunshine’s’ green eyes.

“Big deal, thought he meant nothing now, better fish and all that?”

“That’s not the point Cordelia.” Drusilla said sullenly. “If I cant have him, no one can and I tend to make sure of it.”

“I thought your dad hated him?” a ditzy blonde chirped in. Drusilla looked to the heavens. She was dealing with imbeciles.

“That’s the point Harmony.” she said with an evil grin. “Daddy’s gonna have a coronary and it wont be any more than he deserves.”

“So what’s the plan? Humiliation? Theft?” Cordy asked enjoying the idea of turning the super freak into a game.

“Not sure yet? But give me till the end of the night and the freak will be leaving here in tears, which let me tell you is letting her off easy.” Drusilla and her group of girls hackled together with laughter.

~******~

The night rolled on and it was nearly time for the band to get on stage. Xander and Anya had arrived not long ago and no one needed to ask why the two were late. The boys headed to the stage leaving the girls to their drinks. Buffy couldn’t take her eyes off Spike. In only a few days she had managed to fall for a guy who in her previous life she wouldn’t have even looked twice at. He was someone who made her feel safe and let her be herself. She couldn’t think of what she had done to deserve it.

Oz played the first chords as Spike grabbed the mic and began humming to the melody that was starting to develop.

She said life's a lot to think about sometimes
When you’re living in between the lines
And all of the stars that sparkle and shine
Every day....
He said life’s so hard to move in sometimes
When it feels like I’m drawing the line
And no one even cares to ask me why
I feel this way (yea)


His eyes met Buffy’s and smiled. The song was for her, the lyrics he had been working on for weeks, but only in the last few days had they had meaning. His heart skipped a beat as she smiled back at him, giving him the realisation that she was right there with him.

And I know you feel helpless now
And I know you feel alone
That’s the same road
The same road
That I’m on ( yea)


Buffy smiled, she wasn’t alone. He was going to be there with her all the way. He was going to fix her and she couldn’t stop her pulse from raising. She had never believed in soul mates or guardian angels, but she had found both in him.

He said life's a lot to think about sometimes
When you keep it all between the lines everything I want
And I want to find one of these days (yea)
And what you thought was real in life
Has somehow steered you wrong
And now you just keep driving
Trying to find out where you belong


Willow took her hand. She could see the tears welling in Buffy’s eyes. She wanted to turn and ask her what she was hiding, but her shyness was holding her back.

And I no you feel helpless now
And I know you feel alone
That’s the same road
The same road
That I’m on (yea)


Buffy suddenly took off, heading for the bathrooms, Willow close on her heals. Anya continued to sit at the table completely oblivious to what was going on.

What you thought was real in life
Has somehow steered you wrong
And now you just keep driving
Trying to find out where you belong


Spike watched as the two girls ran from the main hall, it taking everything he had to not to let his friends down and run off stage after her.

And I no you feel helpless now
And I know you feel alone
That’s the same road
The same road
That I’m on (yea)


( OH NO NO NO)

Willow caught up with Buffy as she fell against the sinks tears streaming down her face. She edged towards her, not knowing what to expect. “What’s the matter?” she asked

“Feeling slightly over whelmed.” She laughed wiping the tears from her face.

“You wanna talk about it?” Willow waited for an answer. “Course if you don’t that’s okay too. I didn’t want to interfere, I saw you crying and you’re my friend now, and I don’t know, I thought I could help, but obviously not…” Buffy laughed. “Ok I was babbling wasn’t I?” Willow added with a blush.

“A little.” she was silent again for a moment. Willow was about to leave when she spoke. “My dad hurt me.” She said showing her arms to Willow. “That’s what these are. When my mom died, dad wasn’t around, just hid at work. I started acting out and then he started drinking. That’s when these happened. He thought it would stop me from ’acting out’, which is why I came here. I couldn’t take it anymore.” Fresh tears were now stinging her face, but Buffy didn’t stop them.

“Oh Buffy, I had no idea. Faith always said you were happy in California. She wondered why you came here.” the panicked look on Buffy’s face brought new light to Willow. “ She doesn’t know does she?”

Buffy shook her head. “No, and please don’t tell her. She loved my mom and if she knew what dad was like she’d flip.”

“I wont say anything.”

“Thanks.” she looked at the floor in embarrassment. “You think I’m a total dork for reacting like this over a song don’t ya?”

“No, Spike has that effect on people. If he’d actually paid attention at school he could’ of been a writer or something, but this is Spike after all.” she laughed.

“You grew up with him too?”

“Yeah he was in the year above me, but we army brats stick together. Plus I was friends with Faith towards the end, and those two kinda came as a pair.”

“Yeah uncle Giles said something like that.”

“You wanna head out?” Willow asked.

“Sure, they’ll have think we drowned or something.”

~******~

Spike finished his final song. Throwing the mic at Oz, he leapt off the stage and headed towards the bathrooms looking for the girls. He crashed into a group of people and wouldn’t have stopped if it wasn’t for the hand that grabbed his arm.

“Spike, I’ve been thinking..” Drusilla began sweetly. Spike looked down to see his insane brunette ex looking at him straight in the eye.

“Not now Dru, I’m really not interested.” he spat trying to look past her.

“But I’ve been thinking about you, and I miss you.” she said draping her self round his shoulders. “That we might..” Spike cut her off.

“We might what, get back together? Not in this lifetime! What’s daddy done this time to piss you off? I’m not your pay back device Dru.” he unfolded himself from Dru’s hold.

“You? Never baby.” but it fell on deaf ears as Spike pushed past her as Buffy left the bathroom with Willow. Drusilla never have been rejected in for in the past, continued to stand there with the group of girls watching with her. Her hands clenched into fists as she stood there fuming. If it was possible, steam could come out of her eyes. “Naughty puppy, you won’t get away with this. You or the bitch!”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I said before sorry for the long delay here folks. Hope you all enjoyed and please leave me lots of lovely reviews lol. Hope you all enjoyed the holidays!

By the way the song in this little chapter is "The Road I'm On" By 3 Doors Down. (Can we all tell yet that I love this bad LMAO!