Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 12

“I don’t think I can be your nanny anymore.”

Spike was stunned. “You’re quitting? What did I do this time?”

Buffy smiled at the look of fear on his face. “You didn’t do anything. I just think that with everything that’s happened with us, I shouldn’t have you pay me anymore to watch Emma. I would gladly do that for free now. And since you’re my boyfriend, don’t you think it would be weird?”

“I guess I never thought about it. Does that mean you would be moving out?”

She shook her head. “Oh, you’re not getting rid of me that easily. I just think it would be best if I found an actual job.”

Spike agreed. “All right, that makes sense. What exactly did you do in Boston?”

Buffy took a deep breath. “I worked at a sleazy law firm. I just basically answered phones and ran errands. God, I hated that place. Never in a million years would I consider doing that again.”

“How do you feel about retail? Anya works at the Magic Box and she might be willing to put a good word in for you. I think she mentioned they would be hiring.”

Buffy raised her eyes. “I thought Anya was a phone sex operator.”

He smiled. “That’s her night job. What can I say? She loves to make money.”

Buffy gave it some thought. “How much do phone sex operators make?”

Spike shook his head. “Don’t even think about it. No girlfriend of mine is going to be giving pleasure to other men over the phone.”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “It’s not like I would really be sleeping with any of them.”

“That’s not the point. I’m the only one that gets that privilege.”

She pouted. “Fine, spoil my fun. I’ll talk to her about working at the Magic Box, but I won’t be happy about it.”

Spike could tell that she wasn’t all that serious. He just smiled and placed a quick kiss on her lips. “That’s my girl.”


* * * * *


“Hey, how was your first day?”

Buffy groaned and plopped down next to him on the couch. “Tiring, there was this thing with a mummy hand...” She stopped at the look on his face. “Never mind, I guess you had to be there.”

Spike put his arm around her. “How about a massage?”

She sighed. “That would be nice.”

“Good, I can really use one.”

Buffy slapped him on the arm.

He laughed and started to rub her shoulders. “Does that feel better?”

She closed her eyes. “It feels like Heaven, don’t stop.”

They were both silent for a while after that, until Buffy spoke up again.

“So, what did I miss today?”

Spike thought about it. “Well, Emma started to walk again.”

Buffy opened her eyes to look at him. “Did she do it?”

He nodded. “She managed about two steps before she held up her arms for me to pick her up. I think she would rather just crawl everywhere.”

“I can’t believe I missed that.”

Spike kissed her cheek. “I got it on tape for you.”

Buffy smiled and pressed a kiss to his lips. “I love you.” She instantly pulled away, startled by her confession.

Spike was just as shocked, it being the first time that was spoken by either of them. “Do you mean it?”

Buffy didn’t even need to hesitate before she answered. “Yeah, I really do. I wasn’t expecting to just blurt it out like that, though. Those words have never come easy for me, but I really mean it. I love you, Spike.”

A huge smile formed on his face and he wrapped his arms around her, kissing the top of her head. “I love you, too. I didn’t think I could ever love someone this much again, but you completely took me by surprise.”

Buffy sighed in relief and held him tighter. For some reason, she was afraid that he wouldn’t return her feelings.


* * * * *


“Emma finally fell asleep.” His voice trailed off at the sight of Buffy lying in his bed, wearing some silky lingerie.

“You’re drooling, Spike.”

He snapped out of it and moved over to the bed. “Bloody hell, you should warn a bloke next time.”

She smiled. “What would be the fun in that?”

Spike sat down next to her. “Love, not that I mind you being in my bed and looking like that, but why are you in here? I thought you weren’t ready yet.”

Buffy sat up. “I’ve thought a lot about this lately. I know that we both don’t have a lot of experience. You’ve only been with my sister and there was the complete disaster that was my relationship with Riley, but I think I’m finally ready. I know I am, unless you don’t think that you are. I mean, I would understand if you weren’t. There’s no hurry, I’m willing to wait for as long as you need to…”

Spike silenced her with a kiss. He seemed to be doing that a lot lately. “You definitely don’t have to convince me,” he whispered against her lips. “I want nothing more than to make love to you.”

Buffy was relieved by his response and kissed him more passionately. She pulled him down on top of her.

Spike ran his fingers all over her body, slipping his hand under her nightie and caressing the smooth skin that he found there. He pulled away long enough to remove her nightie and gasped when her nude body was revealed to him for the first time. “You’re so bloody gorgeous.”

Buffy blushed and started to kiss him again, trying to discard his clothes in the process. She took in the sight of his naked body and couldn’t believe that he was all hers.

Spike positioned himself above her and without giving much thought to anything else, slowly slid inside of her. He wasn’t a very patient man and couldn’t wait any longer.

She gasped at the penetration and clutched his shoulders.

He started to move faster and trailed kisses up and down her throat.

Buffy buried her face against his neck to muffle her screams. “Harder, Spike,” she panted in his ear.

Spike was happy to oblige and pounded into her harder. He yelled out his release a moment later, Buffy right behind him.

She was breathing hard and ran her fingers over his back.

He moved off of her a few seconds later, not wanting to crush her.

Buffy smiled and rested her head against his chest. “That was amazing.”

Spike agreed and placed a kiss on the top of her head. “Took the words right out of my mouth, love.”

It wasn’t long before they both drifted off to sleep, not thinking about the fact that no protection was used.