Author's Chapter Notes:
At the bottom.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 17

“You are never touching me again!” Buffy yelled as another contraction ripped through her.

“Come on, baby. You don’t mean that.”

She sent Spike a look that could kill, which immediately shut him up.

“You’re doing a great job, Buffy. Just give us another big push,” the doctor told her.

Buffy shook her head. “I can’t. It hurts too much.”

Spike gripped her hand and kissed her knuckles. “You can do it, love.”

She pulled her hand out of his, not in the mood for any comfort. “You’re so getting a vasectomy after this.”

Spike paled at her words, hoping that it was just the pain talking.

Buffy gave another push and lay back down, shaking her head as she looked at the concerned man next to her. “I’m sorry, Spike. I can’t do it. I don’t know how my sister managed. I’m not like her. I’m not strong enough.”

He grabbed her hand again and gave it a squeeze. “You’re the strongest woman I know, Buffy. I love you so much, baby. I know you can do this.”

Buffy took his words in and nodded, realizing that she really needed his comfort at the moment. She then pushed with all of her strength and felt tears fall from her eyes at the sound of a baby crying.

“We have the first baby. Congratulations, it’s a girl.”

Spike smiled when he saw them take the infant away to be cleaned off and put in a blanket. “We have another daughter, sweetheart.”

Buffy was crying when she got a look at her daughter, but it wasn’t over yet.

“All right, Buffy. The other one is ready to come out. Can you give us another push?”

She took a deep breath and did just that, squeezing Spike’s hand harder.

He winced a little, but didn’t complain.

Buffy lay back in the bed once she heard the cries of her other child, feeling completely exhausted.

“Congratulations again, you have a boy.”

Spike could no longer keep his tears in. “We have a son,” he said in awe, glancing down at Buffy. “You did it, love. I knew you could.”

Buffy nodded and gave him a small smile. “We did it,” she whispered, then closed her eyes.

Spike suddenly felt worried. “Baby, are you okay?” He turned to the doctor in a panic. “She’s okay, right?”

The doctor nodded. “She’s going to be fine. You have two very healthy babies.”

Spike sighed in relief and looked back at Buffy to see that her eyes were now open.

“It’s okay, I’m just tired. That really takes a lot out of you,” she replied.

He bent down and wrapped his arms around her gently, planting kisses all over her face. “God, Buffy. I was so terrified.”

“I know, but we’re all fine. I told you everything would be okay.”

Spike nodded and pulled away to look at her. “You weren’t really serious about me getting a vasectomy, were you?”

She smiled and shook her head. “Don’t worry; I wouldn’t do that to you.”

Spike was once again relieved. “Oh, thank God.”

The doctor moved over to them and placed the babies in their mother’s arms. One snuggled in a blue blanket, the other in pink.

Buffy felt more tears cloud her vision when she gazed upon her children. “They’re so perfect, Spike.”

He agreed and pressed a kiss to the top of her head. “Just like you.”

She smiled at his compliment. “What are we going to name them?”

Spike shrugged. “I’ll leave that up to you.”

Buffy took a moment to think it over, but it wasn’t really that hard of a decision. She caressed the cheek of her daughter. “How about Elizabeth Rose? She looks like a Lizzie.”

Spike smiled in response. “I think it suits her. Where did you get Rose?”

“It was my grandmother’s name. She would always spoil us when we were little. I could talk to her about anything and she was a great listener. She passed away when we were twelve, but there isn’t a day that I don’t think about her. She would always whisper to us from the bottom of the stairs on Christmas morning to let us know that Santa arrived. She let us take a peek before our parents woke up, they never knew about it. She was really sick, but would try to act like she wasn’t around us. She was always so strong and didn’t want us to worry, but we knew something wasn’t right. She…She ended up dying in the hospital. I was with her when it happened. I was supposed to be in the waiting room, but I couldn’t stay put. I just had to see her. It was hard on all of us after that.”

Spike looked at her fondly. “I’m sorry about that, love. I guess that was never something your sister wanted to talk about, but I think it’s the perfect name for this little angel. Now, what do you think would suit him?”

Buffy glanced down at her son and smiled. “William James, he’s the spitting image of his father.”

Spike was surprised that she wanted to name their son after him. He wiped his eyes and tried to keep his emotions in control. “That means a lot, love. Why did you pick James? Did you name him after your grandfather?”

She shook her head. “No, I just like the name. There’s also a really hot actor named James that I love. I can’t remember his last name, though.”

Spike laughed. “Well, I think it works out. Elizabeth and William,” he said, gazing down at the babies. He couldn’t imagine a more perfect moment to voice his next question. “So, do you think this is a good time to ask you to marry me?”


* * * * *


Okay, how evil am I? Yep, I’m sure you all just hate me right now, but I never take long with the updates. I wanted to say that Buffy’s speech about her grandmother was based on my own. It was hard to write, but I managed to get through it. That is actually what I plan on naming my daughter, after both of my grandmother’s. I hope you guys liked this chapter. I know it was short, but I figured that would be a good place to stop. I am evil, after all. Of course I couldn't let anything happen to Buffy. It would be just cruel to do the same thing again, and I like to think I'm not that evil. Thanks for the reviews=)