Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 20

“I don’t know what you think is going to happen, but you need to put some clothes on.”

Darla pouted. “Come on, you can’t honestly tell me that you’re not interested. I saw the way you looked at me when I undressed. You want it just as much as I do.”

Spike could have laughed if the situation wasn’t so serious. “Why would I want you when I have Buffy? No offense, but you don’t exactly do anything for me. I love my girlfriend and would never do anything to hurt her. I didn’t lead you on. We talked and laughed, but that was it. I don’t know where this is coming from.”

She ran her hands down his chest. “You know that’s not all it was, Spike. Buffy could never be good enough for you. I mean, there has to be a reason why you’re not married. She’s not woman enough to handle a guy like you.”

Spike pried her hands off of his body and took a step back. “She’s the only woman I could ever want. I’m sorry, but I think you need to leave. I can’t have you around my kids anymore. I should have listened to Buffy when she warned me about you.”

“Yes, but you didn’t. I think a part of you wanted this to happen. You’re not exactly trying to leave, are you? Just relax; Buffy doesn’t even have to know if you don’t want her to. This could be our little secret,” she whispered, then captured her lips with his.

“I think you need to get your skanky self away from my boyfriend.”

Spike instantly shoved Darla away and gazed at Buffy in the doorway. “Love, this isn’t what it looks like. She wouldn’t take the hint. I told her that I wasn’t interested.”

Buffy nodded and stepped further into the room. “It’s okay, sweetie. I know what this slut is capable of. I had a talk with Angel today. I believe you remember him, right?”

Darla’s eyes bulged, but she didn’t say anything about it. “Hey, your boyfriend was putting the moves on me. It’s not my fault that you can’t satisfy him.”

Buffy smiled and moved over to Spike. “Is that a fact?” She then grabbed the back of Spike’s head and crushed his lips in a passionate kiss, slipping her tongue inside his mouth.

Spike wrapped his arms around her and eagerly returned the kiss.

Buffy pulled away after a moment, leaving Spike breathless. She smiled at Darla. “I don’t think you had that effect on him.”

Darla looked angered and crossed her arms over her chest. “That doesn’t mean anything.”

Buffy rolled her eyes, tired of dealing with the homewrecking bitch. She got in Darla’s face and gave her a look that could kill. It was time to end this. “Let me make things very clear, okay? You’re done here. If I ever see you near Spike again, I’ll pull out every strand of your blonde hair and make you eat it. You’ll be so repulsive that no man will ever want to touch you. Do we understand each other?”

Darla was about to respond, but changed her mind at the expression that was on Buffy’s face. She just nodded and grabbed her things, luckily it wasn’t much. She headed for the door and glanced back at them one more time. “He’s not even worth it, anyway.” She then left the room and made her way downstairs, slamming the front door behind her.

Buffy unclenched her fists and looked at Spike to see that his stare was one of awe. “You still in there?” she wondered.

“You’re bloody amazing, you know that? I don’t think I’ve ever been more turned on in my life.”

Buffy laughed. “Hopefully by me.”

Spike nodded and wrapped his arms around her waist. “There’s no one else. I could have never wanted that overgrown Barbie. I’m sorry, love. I should have listened to you about her. I didn’t realize she was such a nutcase.”

“Well, you’re a man. It’s understandable that you would have missed it. We’re fine, but don’t let it happen again. Your lips are only mine to taste.”

He smirked and lowered his head to do just that.


* * * * *


“I already found another nanny.”

Buffy raised her eyebrows. “Are you serious? I think I’ll be deciding this one. I don’t want the same thing to happen again.”

Spike smiled. “Trust me, there’s no chance of that happening again. You’ll definitely like this one, and she’s willing to do it for free.”

“Why would she do it for free?”

He shrugged. “She just needs a place to stay, but I will be paying her. She’s a stubborn one and probably won’t accept any money from me, but I love her just the same.”

Buffy was confused, then smiled when she entered the living room and saw who Spike was talking about.

Tara stood up to greet them. “Hey, Buffy. I hope you don’t mind about me staying here. I decided to move back and don’t have any other options right now.”

Buffy shook her head and embraced the other woman. “No trouble at all, it’s great to see you again.”

Tara returned the hug and pulled away after a few seconds. “It’s great to see you, too. I heard you had some problems with your last nanny.”

“You have no idea, but I would just like to forget that she ever existed.”

Tara nodded. “That’s completely understandable.”

Spike moved over to them. “So, how come you don’t want to move back in with Dad? Is the old man finally getting on your last nerve?”

Tara slapped him on the arm. “No, I just didn’t want to impose. He has a new girlfriend now and I don’t want to get in the way.”

Spike was not expecting that. “He’s shacking up with some woman that we don’t even know? Have you met her?”

She shook her head. “Not yet, but he seems to really be into her. This could be good for him, William. He’s been pretty lonely since Mom passed away. I hate the idea of him being in that house by himself.”

Spike agreed. “I guess that makes sense. Well, I’ll just take your things to the guestroom and let you two birds talk.”

Buffy watched him leave and turned back to Tara. “Have you seen the twins yet?”

“I just got here a few minutes before you arrived, but I can’t wait to see my new niece and nephew.”

Buffy smiled and continued to talk more with Tara, positive that she would love having Spike’s sister around.