--


Kennedy and I were dancing. She’s a pretty good dancer. But after a long row of fast songs, we’re both getting tired.

I take her hand as a slow song begins and lead her off the dance floor, toward our drinks at the table Buffy and Spike are sitting at. She’s a little disappointed; I know she still wants to dance.

“Later. I’m just thirsty,” I say to her.

Her smile returns to her face and she nods.

A guy wearing a neon green shirt with a furry zebra vest over it ambles by us. I take a look at Kennedy and we both burst out laughing. Who the hell would wear something like that? Did he think it actually looked good? Oh god, I’m starting to sound like Cordelia. But seriously, he looked like an escaped circus performer. Maybe he /was/ an escaped circus performer.

I share this thought with Kennedy and we both start laughing again, as we approach the table.

We collapse into our seats and start gulping down our sodas. Dancing can make a girl really thirsty.

Buffy and Spike have been talking. About what, I don’t know, but it’s kind of nice that they’re friends again. I never actually heard from Buffy what exactly happened between them but I know it was something bad. But now’s he’s all soul-y and he’s really not that bad when you get to know him.

I give them a smile.

Buffy smiles back before leaning over and whispering into Spike’s ear. Spike looks kind of unbelieving but then grants her a rare smile. She looks happier than I’ve seen her in a while and slips her hand into his. They both get up and head toward the dance floor.

Kennedy watches them with a raised eyebrow. I for one am happy that their friendship was renewed.

She raises her arms above her head and he places his hands on her hips. Her eyes never leave his. She settles her arms around his neck and draws him closer, both their bodies moving in a rocking motion that's in tune with the beat of the song.

She turns her body, her back now pressing into his chest as they swing back and forth. His arms are encircling her waist and her hands are wrap around them. She sways her hips seductively, moving more into him.

Okay, so maybe more than friendship...

I keep watching them for a minute before wondering about the ‘more than friendship’ part.

Oh! Idea! I can see if they’re in love if I look at their auras. That way I can see how their essences react to each other. Tara was always really good at aura-reading.

I put my hand to my forehead in concentration for a moment and close my eyes, before slowly lifting head up so as not to lose my temporary aura-vision. I look at Buffy and Spike again and blink in surprise.

This is unexpected.

I was thinking maybe some red, to show lust, which is understandable, or maybe a shade of pale pink representing the possibility of love that’s presented itself, or even just a swirl of blue-green to show strong friendship but no...

It’s impossible to tell which person is who just by looking at their auras. The colours are swirls of passion red and friendship green and trust blue and true love deep pink and truth white and destiny black and are so perfectly matched in the other.

I smile.

Tara once said that her mom told her that seeing two soul mates together is like looking at a beautiful painting. Tara said that she had never encountered soul mates before but one day wishes to.

They’re very colourful. Not like Xander who was colourful because of the years of experience and loyalty and friendship he has inside of him. They’re colourful like a piece of art.

I hope Tara can see this from where she is.

I look around the Bronze for Xander and see him up on the balcony, also watching Buffy and Spike, along with...everyone in the vicinity.

I suppress a laugh. I’m sorry, but the whole situation /is/ kinda amusing.

A vampire and a Slayer, soul mates. Who knew?