The man laughed at that. “Don’t tell me you’ve never seen me…” He tisked when Buffy shook her head in the negative. “My name is Parker Buffy. Parker Abrams.”

Buffy felt her throat tighten considerably. Parker was here. In her house. Whirling to glare at her mother, she saw the look of pure satisfaction exude from her frame. Joyce had brought them here.

She bit back a groan as Parker’s fingers dug deeper into her shoulder, prattling on about how much he had heard about her and what an amazing coincidence it was that she had just dropped by after they did.

If Buffy wasn’t scared out of her mind she would have rolled her eyes.

The guy was a total sleaze.

She barely felt the couch as Parker forced her down, another arm wrapping around her waist. Buffy couldn’t bite back the whimper when she locked eyes with Lindsay. She could see cuts and cigarette burns all over his face making him no longer anything close to a pretty boy. He held one arm close and peering closer Buffy gasped. Where was his hand?

Parker placed his hand on her thigh drawing Buffy abruptly back to reality. Several shot glasses sat on the coffee table, a Jack Daniels close by. Dropped by just before me my ass thought Buffy with contempt. They’ve probably been here all day just waiting for me to show up.

Joyce sat across from them, a satisfied expression permanently etched on her features. “I believe Elizabeth” she slurred “that Mr. Abrams has a wonderful proposal for you. An excellent one which would leave everyone very happy.” Her hand fumbled for the bottle before seizing it. Liquor soaked the carpet as she tried to pour it into her cup.

Mommy what have you done?

“Mrs. Summers is absolutely right” agreed Parker. “Out of the wealth of my heart I am willing to induct you into the Initiative.”

“Lucky me” spat Buffy.

Parker’s grip on her thigh which had been bearable tightened. “I wouldn’t be so sarcastic about such an offer Buffy . No one would even raise an eyebrow if I simply took you and had my way. Don’t you think this is a better option?” His hand stroked up and down her skin, causing chills to arise. He was revolting.

“I think you need to get out of this house right now. And take Captain Hook with you.” Buffy wrenched herself free from their grasp, ignoring the condescending smirks that they gave her. “I want nothing to do with any of you idiots.”

Parker smiled at his minion. “You did warn me that she was a spitfire didn’t you.”

Lindsay nodded, clutching his arm which had erupted into pain at her struggle. “Just don’t let her get her teeth or legs near you boss. She can cause real damage.”

Abrams looked her up and down, a predatory gleam in his eyes making her want to retch.

She needed to get out of here.

Her eyes flickered to the staircase, calculating her chances of getting up there before they caught her. It was slim but then they had the coffee table in front of them and a drunken Joyce who could topple in their direction if she tipped the chair. Buffy never considered that she could call Spike into the house. Guns would only end up with him possibly dead and her mother caught in the crossfire. Not a welcome result even if she had sold her out. Barely moving a muscle, Buffy slipped off her sandals, preparing to run. She had learned her lesson about high heels and fashionable but yet poorly made boots.

Joyce, considerably drunk, reached out a hand to her daughter. If she could get Buffy to go with her supplier then she wouldn’t have to pay nearly as much. “Buffy you should accept. Think how happy we’d be. You know that I’ve never been truly happy since I was your age. Don’t you think you should listen to me for once?”

Buffy wrenched her hand away. “No” she responded deadly quiet. “You don’t deserve anything if you are bartering me away to some sick fuck who lets his goons rape women walking down the street.” Her hazel eyes narrowed as she wondered how Joyce could benefit. “What’s in it for you?”

The wide imploring eyes and shaking told her all she needed to know. Joyce was hooked on coke.

“YOU’RE HER DRUG DEALER!” she screamed.

Parker shrugged. “What of it?”

Buffy felt something in her snap, the option of running appearing far less grand than throttling the life out of this man who had ruined her life and almost killed her mother numerous times.

Parker scarcely had a moment to relax before Buffy launched herself at him, biting, punching and clawing at every part of his body. He was the representation of her father and every single moment of pain she had felt from his lifestyle. She smashed her fist into his nose, grinning in feral satisfaction at his cry of pain. Buffy was not someone to be sold, not for anything. She kneed him in the groin eliciting another moan of anguish before she could feel drunken hands pull useless on her clothing.

Joyce.

Not taking a moment to think Buffy grabbed the gun from Parker’s jacket. She staggered backwards, aiming the barrel at a bleeding Parker and shocked Lindsay.

Now she was in control. And goddess did it ever feel good.

Buffy glanced at her mother, who seemed to be hyperventilating on the spot, she was so shocked. “Go sit on the couch Joyce.”

“Buffy you wouldn’t. I’m… I’m your mother Elizabeth.” Joyce’s fragile body trembled as she took a small step forward. “You wouldn’t kill your own mother would you?”

Buffy could feel the tears spring in her eyes. She had never thought that everything could become so destructive where she had to aim a gun at her own mom. Her fingers trembled as she turned off the safety lever.

“Just get over there.”

***
Spike stared at the steering wheel, trying to control the urge to burst inside the house after her.

Buffy had been gone for over fifteen minutes.

Maybe I’m just being overprotective he thought disarmingly. It’s not like she doesn’t have enough clothes to pack. Fifteen minutes would only be enough for her to pack all those sodding shoes. He turned up the stereo, vainly trying to ignore the awful sense that something was very wrong. Buffy had looked positively sick when he mentioned going into the house and he was regretting taking her there. Maybe I should have picked up the stuff myself. He cast a final look at the house, noting that there were no other cars in the driveway except for the 4WD that belonged to Joyce. Spike laughed depreciatively at himself as once more he made to get out of the Desoto and go up to her doorstep. You’re nothing but a sodding nancy boy William. Worrying over some chit that won’t ever love you. Drusilla is the closest you’ll ever come to having a bird like you and even then look what happens when you finally tell her… Bloody bint runs to the nearest warm bed and tells you how disgusting and weak you are. Spike sighed staring up at the car roof in misery. Far better to keep mum about any sodding feelings that are there mate. Can only lead to trouble.

Spike sat up, scanning the surrounding houses from practice. If anything was suspicious then he would have an excuse to enter the house. And if it turns out to be nothing you’re just going to look like the wanker you are.

Each driveway appeared the same, with the appropriate cars allotted to each. That was until he reached the third house. Choking Spike leaped out of the car bounding up to the house and kicking the door in. He had seen Parker's van.

Expecting to see Buffy either tied up or being held, Spike was completely unsurprised for the sight that greeted him.

I feel like I’ve entered the sodding twilight zone.

To his left sat his arch nemesis, the git he should of shot dead and Buffy’s mum, all three with apprehensive looks on their face.

“What in the bleeding hell is going on?”

Parker even whilst bleeding from a possibly broken nose glared at Spike with arrogance. “Buffy decided to play rough.” His eyes were filled with loathing and Spike couldn’t help chuckle as Abrams shouldered Lindsay roughly. Angel had told Spike that Tom had taken a particular liking to the man’s hand and sawed the bloody thing off.

“Could you come here and hold this Spike?” Buffy kept her eyes on the hostages, feeling pride swell at the look Spike gave her. “I still have to pack my things.”

Spike stalked over to her, pulling out his own semi automatic as Buffy handed him Parker’s. He could see blood from Parker smeared over her appropriately named ‘Bite me’ top and couldn’t help smirking in satisfaction. Buffy had kicked the git’s overbearing ass and even taken him hostage. His girl was one of a kind.

“Peaches is going to be so jealous.”

Buffy smiled, hugging his frame to her for a moment. She had had no real idea what she would have done with the gun. It had never been in her to kill someone in cold blood. Casting a glance at Parker who watched with outright jealousy, she considered that eventually she could waive that belief. After all, the bastard was willing to grant her special privileges, why shouldn’t she do the same?

“Go get your stuff luv. I’ll be right here waiting with your guests.”

Buffy nodded, running up the stairs into her room. It was painted a soft pink and covered in lace. A little girl’s bedroom in every sense. Sighing, Buffy pulled out a large duffel bag, stuffing clothes inside. She threw open her closet, ripping outfits off their hangers and pushing them inside also. The bag was nearly full when she finished and Buffy immediately pulled out her journals. She never wanted anyone else to read them. She threw it onto one shoulder before she noticed her stuffed pig which had been given to her by her godfather.

Brushing its fur, Buffy held the sentimental toy to her. “How could I ever forget you Mr. Gordo?”

She pushed him into the bag to before stepping down the stairs. Spike was still where she had left him though Parker’s face looked even worse than before. Buffy ignored it, tugging on his duster and grinning at the Brit who was fully in Big Bad persona. “Unless you plan to take them with us, I think we should leave.”

Spike pouted back at her, loving the blush which crept over her face. “You sure pet? There are plenty of ways I could occupy myself if you’ve forgot anything.”

“I’m positive.”

The bleached blond nodded, waiting for her to walk out the front door before he turned his full attention upon the bane of his existence. “Seeing from your ugly mug Parker, I can assume that Buffy taught you a few bloody lessons but if you didn’t get the memo I’ll give you another one.” Spike pulled the trigger shooting the rival gang leader in the foot. “It’ll hurt like a bitch but I’m fairly positive it won’t kill you. As for you” azure eyes fixed Joyce and Lindsay with a deadly stare. “If I catch either of your worthless hides anywhere near Buffy, you’ll be begging me to kill you. And Joyce, get some bleeding help.” Spike made to walk out, waiting for the sighs of relief.

Lindsay was the first.

Spike cocked his gun, shooting the git in the knee cap. That would slow them down for a while.

He smiled to himself at the moans of pain which erupted from the living room.

Music to his ears.