Author's Chapter Notes:
please tell me what you think? It was incredibly nerve wracking writing this chapter... was it okay?
Buffy stuffed the journal beneath the mattress, glad that she had something within which to vent her emotions. She didn’t believe that Spike would take much notice of the book and after seeing how involved he was in the gang’s affairs would be peeking around looking for it anyway.

Frustrated at both herself and the bleached blond who had turned her world upside down again Buffy railed punches down on the plush pillows which sat on her bed. Wait not just my bed thought Buffy with surprise our bed.

The small blond cast her eyes around the room, finally looking at with the gaze of someone who recognised it as her home.

The walls were a dark blue as though someone was afraid to go black but still needed the somber mood. No posters hung on the walls which she found odd considering it was officially Spike’s room. The door was directly across from her, a heavy oak making her wonder how he had managed to kick it open as the dints so obviously showed. One window high above the reach of her arms sat behind her. It was free of any curtains, though they sat brushed aside, a thick gold colour. It felt sterile.

Buffy remembered the underwear and various clothes which had littered the dresser next to the bed before she had cleaned it out. She’d dumped them unceremoniously in the main foyer, disgusted by his behaviour and hoping that which ever girls they belonged to would pick them up.

Buffy certainly didn’t want any reminders of Angel in their room.

The full weight of what she’d done suddenly hit her and Buffy buckled under the weight, falling to the floor.

She had left home.

She had left her mother.

She was living with a man.

It was so far from anything that Buffy had imagined just a week ago that for a moment it seemed like a dream… a dream which was all too real with guns, violence and the stench of attempted rape.

Not really a dream but more of a nightmare come to life.

Picking herself up from the floor, Buffy walked steadily to the door. The one person she had in this was Spike who had crashed out of the door just moments after her departure upstairs.

The door opened with a creak, Buffy sliding out a moment later with hesitation. She only had her wits and the threat of what Spike would do if anyone decided to take things to far. That and my fists thought Buffy, flexing them in worry. The sooner I learn to fight the safer I’ll feel.

A long hallway traveled in both directions, the back of the house housing Angel’s rooms and the other gang members. Spike’s was one of the larger one’s though Buffy had the feeling that he’d only moved in when she did and still probably felt claustrophobic at the idea of so many people around.

She moved towards the main foyer, unable to roll her eyes at the Cinderella style stair case which descended down to the first level. It was over the top. A red carpet traveled down the steps, and Buffy was willing to bet that Angel had commissioned it. She listened for sounds of other people but heard only snatches of conversation most of the gang having departed for parts unknown.

Good.

Buffy’s stomach growled in hunger and the petite blond made her way down quickly, heading straight to the kitchen. She was starving.

There were six fridges lined up in a row due to the amount of people and alcohol which they housed. After finding the first two stuffed with cruisers and other beverages, Buffy moved to the third. It was full of pies, sweets, and best of all ice cream. Licking her lips in hunger, Buffy reached up to the top compartment. Her fingers grasped uselessly for a moment before a large beefy hand pushed the container towards her.

Grabbing it quickly, Buffy turned to see a hulking man leaning over top of her. Riley Finn.

“Uhhh Thanks.”

Riley’s goofy smile instantly appeared, the large man, made of muscle but little else. He had a Mr. Normal look, cut hair neatly slicked with gel in mimicry of Angel. His hands were incredibly large, looking like dish plates that were more useful for hitting things than anything else.

Riley saw her staring, and stepped back not wanting to scare the girl unless he had to. I can see what Spike likes her he thought, blatantly looking her up and down. He smoothed down his shirt, making sure his gun was hidden from her gaze.

“What are you doing down here?” he asked stupidly.

Buffy fought the urge to roll her eyes, uncomfortably aware they were alone. She wasn’t afraid of Riley Finn but stories could spread and that was the last thing she needed. He was a nice guy though, unassuming and polite. Normal. Buffy wondered how he had ever gotten involved in this type of lifestyle.

“I just came down here for some ice cream.” She smiled at him, moving into the living room and turning on the plasma screen.

He followed.

“Oh okay” he said pleasantly. The same dopey expression was plastered on his face, Riley having found it served his purpose of deflecting attention. They all think I’m just some corn fed idiot. I’ll show them.

He settled on the couch next to her, putting a small amount of space so that she would not feel awkward but close enough that he could grab her. Buffy dug into the cookies and cream obliviously, a late night talk show blaring in the background.

Perfect.

Moving his arm so that is sat around her, Riley slowly inched closer. “Buffy?”

“Yep?” asked Buffy, the ‘p’ popping from her mouth as she pulled out the spoon.

“How are you dealing with everything?”

The petite woman shrugged, unsure of how to answer. “Fine I guess. I mean anyone would be a bit wigged after being pulled from normal life but its okay… Spike’s good to me.”

Riley’s hand covered her knee, completely covering it. “You don’t have to lie to me Buffy.” His voice dripped with fake concern, managing to keep the grin off his face as the blond sighed in resignation.

“Did you hear us then?”

Riley scooted closer still, his leg now brushing against hers. “It was hard not to… I mean you were pretty loud.” Riley brought his arm down around her shoulders, silently whooping for joy when she leaned into what she thought was a friendly embrace. “I completely understand though. Spike is a rash fighter and could get himself hurt quite easily." If only he would. “He doesn’t understand that you care about him and I don’t think he ever will.”

“What?” asked Buffy suddenly noticing the way Riley was holding her. I need to shut Captain Cardboard down.

“Well it’s just Spike’s way” continued Riley, ignorant to the fact that Buffy was barely containing her rage. “He’s always been selfish as long as I’ve known him and women…. you have to face the fact that he’s not the poster boy for stability and monogamy.” Riley cupped her face, willing an adoring expression, “I could treat you so much better.”

Buffy stared at him, shocked that Riley would try this in her home, Spike’s home. He obviously was waiting for a response, making Buffy just want to run out of his arms and find a large baseball bat. In her mind she imagined the ways his expression would alter after being hit over the head a couple of times. Noticing that his lips were heading in her direction, Buffy grasped his face, smashing her forehead against his in a spectacular head butt.

Now run Summers.

Pelting away with all her might, Buffy couldn’t help the grin which spilled from her face at Riley’s belated cry of pain. She looked back for a moment only to see the lumbering giant staggering after her.

”Come back here Buffy.”

Terror laced through her frame and she pelted that much quicker to the staircase. She grabbed hold of the railing, a scream tearing from her lips as Riley latched onto one ankle.

“No Riley, get off!”

Buffy began to kick out, striking back at his hands which were now trailing up her legs. She didn’t think she would be so lucky this time.

The abrupt dropping of her legs followed by an animal roar made Buffy turn around in surprise. The door to the mansion was wide open, Angel standing there in shock whilst Spike sprinted in her direction.

Why am I always in awkward positions when he turns up? thought Buffy in a moment of lucidity.

Her breath was snatched from her the next second as Angel picked her up, running worrying hands over her face to check that she was alright. “Oh Buffy. I’m sorry that I didn’t leave someone here. I didn’t think that Finn would be so stupid…”

The petite blond moved back from Angel, not really hearing his words as she took in the worst beating she had ever seen.

Spike was literally pounding his fists into Riley’s face, not bothering to hit him anywhere else. The man’s legs flailed uselessly in mimicry of arms which weakly pushed at Spike’s smaller frame. Despite the difference in size, the Brit was completely in control, only stopping when Finn’s body slumped. Buffy gasped in horror when a bloody mess greeted her sight, Riley’s nose broken and splintered into pieces.

Other people had gathered around, none touching the fallen member in a show of loyalty. The man was as good as dead for touching anyone who didn’t belong to him.

Spike ignored the stares, walking straight to Buffy before checking her over himself for injuries. He kept mumbling curse words and phrases below his breath, unaware of the blood which ran down his arms in rivulets. The stench of it covered everything in the foyer making Buffy want to balk.

“Are you okay pet?” he asked, finally speaking above a whisper. All he could remember was Faith’s words from earlier.

“Finn’s been in here skulking around and Parker’s suddenly taking random calls from a some new guy… who funnily enough can give him detailed information about your girl. Couple that with him ditching Amy and you have a few odd occurrences.”

“Finn’s been acting real suss lately”

The brunette had been right.

He numbly clasped his girl’s hand as she led them up the stairs, Angel stating that he’d clean up the mess and deal with Finn.

***
It took Buffy nearly twenty minutes to get Spike to their room, the man completely catatonic after making sure she was alright. He was covered in blood and the smell of bourbon also hung in the air, making Buffy realise that he had been drinking. She sniffed his duster before dropping it at the foot of the bed. They would have to soak it in eucalyptus oil to rid the leather of the stench of alcohol.

Buffy looked back at Spike, who stood silently, not looking at anything but the ground. He could not go to bed without washing himself. She suggested this to him before realising that the man was in a state of shock, not thinking clearly and still very drunk to boot.

He did respond when she took him by the hand, flicking on the light switch and revealing a large stand in shower and separate bath.

Bath is probably my best option she thought, watching in concern as Spike began to strip.

He practically ripped the shirt from his chest, the blood and alcohol in the fabric making a wet slapping sound as it hit the floor. He popped out his jeans with the same carelessness, throwing them into a corner and shuddering.

“I’ll guess I should go get ready for bed-“

An iron grip encased her arm before she could finish her sentence, azure eyes burning into hers.

“Buffy.” His voice was raspy as though from lack of use despite the pure rage that had sprung from his lips, half an hour before. “Please stay luv… I need to see you…” His eyes were completely open, want and need warring with a helplessness which threatened to engulf him.

“I’ll stay” she promised.

Spike nodded and a weight lifted from him as he moved into the shower, leaving the curtain open. His eyes never left hers, locking them in a strange silence that was only broken by the hissing of steam and thud of water.

She never glanced lower than his chest, though the idea of it was eating at her. Even bloody and stinking of booze he was still the most attractive man she had ever seen or met.

Finally the water switched off, Spike stepping out over the drain in measured movements. He grabbed a towel from the rack, wrapping it securely over his hips before taking her into his arms.

“I keep getting you hurt Summers.” His voice was soft and lilting as though the Brit was struggling to keep emotion from choking him. His arms, lean and muscular wrapped themselves around her, not grabbing for the sake of touching suggestively but to make sure that she was still there, unarmed and safe.

Realising that Spike would only keep berating himself about the incident with Riley, Buffy peeled his arms off of her, leading him into the bedroom.

She settled him down on the bed, ignoring how delicious he looked in nothing but a towel. Pay attention Buffy. You can touch his yummy abs later, right now he needs comfort.

She kneeled before him, placing his hand against her cheek as she closed her eyes. “I want you to listen to me Spike” she said gently but still in a commanding tone.

He nodded in concurrence.

“What happened tonight, in that alleyway and any other time you think something has endangered me, is NOT your fault. There are risks with your lifestyle and commitments that will force you to be away from me. Add in the fact that I’m cute and you have several obstacles. All I ask is that you teach me to protect myself.” She grinned at his assuring nod. “That said, you have never hurt me intentionally nor do I think you could…” Buffy paused, drawing a deep breath as she reined back her fear. “I’m developing feelings for you Spike… and I need to know that if you feel the same you’ll tell me.” Buffy waved her hand at their room. “This means nothing if you don’t care about me.”

“Oh but love I do.” Spike’s face was filled with rapture, unbelieving that she would ever confess to feeling anything for him. He had been certain that she would reject him after their argument earlier. He reached forward, feeling his heart near burst as she flew into his arms. “I can’t live without you Buffy. I’ve known you not even a month but I can’t imagine not having you here… when I saw Finn…. all I could see was this empty space.” He buried his face in her shoulder “I couldn’t bear it if you got hurt.”

Buffy tilted his head to look at her. All she could see was Spike and her love for him. It was too soon for most people but then she’d never been ordinary. She gave with everything in her. With Spike it would be no different.

Drawing Spike’s lips into a loving kiss, Buffy pushed him back onto the bed. She continued to nibble on the top then the bottom, grinning when she heard Spike moan. She took the entrance for what it was, pushing her tongue inside his mouth before engaging in a passionate kiss. Spike’s hand reached up quickly, curling around her head as he deepened his penetration of her mouth. He constantly switched tactics, leaving her breathless and in an aroused state when they broke apart for air.

Buffy kissed him primly on the lips before moving her mouth down to suckle on his ear lobe and then neck. He moaned again, causing her to rather boldly brush a hand down his chest. Spike moved reflexively against her, his muscles tightening with each stroke. She licked her way down to his chest, sucking on his left nipple and biting it teasingly before moving across to the other one. His breaths were becoming heavier and one hand slid underneath her shirt, caressing her back.

Buffy arched in response. Licking her way down to his navel, Buffy grinned at the gasp which escaped him. She was going to love learning his body. Her chest brushed against the towel which was now tented with Spike’s very prominent arousal.

Bingo.

Buffy moved one hand to his hip bone, unfolding the towel and letting it fall to the side.

OH MY GOD.

Buffy sat back on her knees amazed at the size and almost impossible girth of Spike’s appendage. It stood up straight in the air, proud and looking altogether delectable.

Spike’s head looked up from the bed, confused at the sudden halt. “Pet?”

Buffy looked up, her eyes glazed with lust as she stared at him. Crawling up his body she kissed Spike hungrily before asking what she’d combust without. “Make love to me Spike.” Her words whispered hot against his neck making the man want to roll her over and slam into her full hilt.

However he needed to make sure that she was certain first.

“Are you positive pet?” he asked gently.

Buffy eagerly nodded, “very sure.”

“Right then” said Spike reaching for her and loving the way she crawled into his lap.

He could die a happy man now.

Spike took his time unbuttoning Buffy’s shirt, mouth watering as perfect breasts were revealed to his gaze. She didn’t wear a bra.

He latched on to one nipple, sucking it hungrily as her mewls of pleasure reached him. She was incredibly responsive, grinding into his lap with abandon.

“Buffy.”

He let go of her breast, rubbing the other one as his hand snaked down to her pants. They came undone easily, leaving the petite blond in nothing but a pair of panties.

Holding her back from him for a moment, Spike simply stared at her. “You’re so bleeding beautiful Buffy.” His tone was hushed and awed, amazed that a girl like her would ever let him touch her. “My golden goddess.”

He laid her back onto the covers, stroking her skin to remind himself that this was really happening. Her green hazel orbs were fixed on him, soft pants escaping her frame as she reached for him.

“I need you Spike.”

Buggering hell. How am I meant to go slow when hearing that?

He kissed her once again, snaking one hand down into her sodden panties. She was incredibly warm and wet, making Spike shiver at the thought of being inside her. He pinched her clit which was throbbing in need making Buffy scream in pleasure.

He started to move his body lower until Buffy dragged his face towards hers. “Spike…” she gasped. “I want you in me now.”

He nodded, thrusting two fingers inside her and moaning at the muscles which clenched fiercely. If he didn’t get inside he was positive that he would spontaneously self combust.

Tearing the lace scrap that Buffy called underwear off her body, Spike positioned himself at her entrance, nudging himself in slowly. She was like a furnace, burning him as every muscle clenched invitingly. Spike had to bit his lip not to cum instantly, reaching her barrier only after several slow thrusts.

Buffy grasped his ass in encouragement, breaking her maidenhood with one steady push.

“Spike” she whimpered. The pain cut through her abdomen whitewashing everything for a moment. Spike peppered kisses across her face, rubbing soothing caresses down her frame. “I’m sorry luv. I swear it won’t last long.”

Buffy reached for him, smiling in relief as the pain subsided. All she could feel was this ache in her body, the full feel of his cock driving her mad with desire. She needed him to move now.

Kissing him with abandon, Buffy lifted her hips urging him onwards as their lovemaking grew quicker and quicker. Neither could help the cries which flew from their mouths, the intimate connection pulling at the very fibers of their being.

Panting into her ear as he drove himself deeper inside, Spike couldn’t stop the words “I love you” from slipping out. They were lost in the fast paced movements however, Buffy spiraling towards her reach with a joyous cry. Spike followed shortly after, both trembling with the force of their lovemaking.

Brushing a strand of hair from her eyes, Spike placed a sweet kiss on her thoroughly nibbled on lips. “I love you Buffy Anne Summers.”

Buffy tangled her arms around Spike’s neck, unable to let go of him for even a moment. “I love you too” she whispered.