The door opened with a firm kick, smashing into the wall and leaving a large dent.

Spike didn’t even notice.

All his attention was focused on the small blond girl in his arms. She wore a surprised expression, perhaps not expecting him to have carried her all the way to their room. Soft pliant hands were wrapped around his neck and as he walked further into the room, curled around his hair, breaking it free of the gel.

His heavy army boots were muffled by the carpet as he gently deposited her on the bed, neither speaking a word. Her long golden hair was still in the ponytail though he noticed that she was wrenching at it viciously trying to undo the knots which tangled it. Either that or to rid herself of Jacob’s touch.
He glared at the still open doorway and locked it with a loud clanging sound that would be able to heard down the hallway. An obvious warning for anyone hoping to interfere.

Sighing Spike’s eyes once more locked onto her, feeling a wave of guilt at the sight of tear tracks still resplendent on her skin and horror hidden just behind her obvious relief. It was a harsh reality to witness and had mirrored Cordelia with amazing similarity. Angel was a fool to show the girl that side of him so early. The prom queen would be trembling in his arms and unable to escape the image of Angel’s pure delight as he carved the captain’s chest to pieces. Not many girls had been able to even stomach it for that long but then it didn’t bear thinking about… Peaches will just have to manage his own affairs. Buffy was his only concern and if Spike was blunt the only person that he wanted to share himself with. At least he hoped he could. The sight of Jacob touching his girl had just about sent him into a rage. The man had no right to lay one hand upon her. None of them did.

He looked up in surprise, feeling Buffy’s hands traverse his back as she wrapped her arms around him. Blood covered his fingers and had seeped under the nails turning them into blood red half moons. It was all too familiar.

“Spike?”

The Brit readied himself, waiting for her to berate him for what had taken place downstairs. It was barbaric and everything she was above and apart from. It was not her world.

“Yes pet?”

“Why didn’t you kill him?” She pulled her head away from his chest, where it had been leaning comfortably. The baggy woolen jumper swallowed her body, looking more like a short dress as it moved along her thigh.

Spike gulped, not knowing how to answer.

“He has information pet. I can’t off a bloke if there might be some use out of him.”

Buffy raised an eyebrow, her face showing that she didn’t believe a single word he said. “Don’t give me that Spike. I’m shaken not stupid.” She stamped on his foot for good measure before dragging the jumper off and tossing it to the floor. “Tell me the truth.”

His chest heaved as panic raced through him. It had been easy enough last night to say that he loved her but now? Spike thought that he would be lucky if he didn’t self combust with nervousness. He loved her. Everything from his brain to the blood which raced in his veins knew it. William the Bloody was nothing if not drowning in Buffy Summers. But to say it? That was a completely different story.

Dru had never told him that she loved him. There had been declarations of want and affection but any moment which even came close to her returning his devotion was shattered; lost in sighs and off handed comments to distract him. It had ripped at his character, making him far more brutal to any other woman who dared attempt to replace her. And thanks to Peaches attempt to keep Spike from falling too deeply, there had been numerous amounts which did try. Women were the bane of his existence, seeming to want him purely for his position or reputation but never for him. Spike wasn’t sure that Dru had cared for his personality either. It was all too easy to recall the casual flip of her ebony hair over her shoulder and some remark about the stars or the constant rolling away from him after he whispered how he felt.

Maybe he was a fool to not see her cheating earlier.

Buffy was for Spike the first woman who hadn’t aroused the customary feelings of distrust and subsequent loathing. She was guileless and in the time he had watched her completely pure and beautiful. Buffy shone like the sun, burning away Drusilla’s darkness till it was nothing but ash.

Spike couldn’t breathe when around her.

The question still hung in the air, Buffy tapping a foot in exasperation as she waited. The chit had never been one blessed with patience.

Spike turned away, unable to look at her and confess himself with her eyes boring into his. Dru had always demanded that he remain a ‘bad dog’ and used all her wiles to transform him into William the Bloody. It was going against his very nature to admit any emotion besides anger.

But then again this was Buffy.

“I…” Spike faltered for a moment, his shoulders hunching closer to his body. “I couldn’t stand there and watch you break. Finn may be the biggest wanker to come from Iowa yet it was killing you to sit there and watch bloody Peaches carve him up. I can’t bear you crying pet.” He stared down at his hands, not thinking of anything else but the dead silence which held in the room. “I refuse to hurt you pet. Rather chop my sodding arm off.”

He tensed when she turned him to once more look at her. Luminous eyes were bright and questioning, her hair now free but still matted in odd clumps. She had never been more gorgeous.

Gnawing her lip, she seemed hesitant, Buffy’s question coming out in a rush. “Do you love me Spike?” Her pulse was racing but she hurried on not letting him answer. “I know that you said it last night but maybe things changed or you’ve-“

Spike’s lips met hers, cutting off her rambling with a fierce kiss that stole Buffy’s breath away. He delved his tongue into her mouth, forcing every ounce of his emotion into the action. It took possession of them both with hands, one pair bloody sliding under shirts in a desperate need for connection. Buffy moaned loudly when he lifted the hem of her top, pushing it up her abdomen and immediately reaching for her breasts.

It took several minutes for her to realise that he had stopped. Panting harshly Buffy stared at him, a little bit peeved that he had halted just when getting to the good part.

Not that any of it is bad, she thought when glancing at his narrow hips which jutted forward invitingly.

Azure eyes melted away her musings the next second, Spike leaning his forehead against her and taking hold of her hands. “I don’t know whether I said this properly pet” admitted Spike gruffly. “But I can’t be without you, can’t breathe without whispering your name and certainly can’t see you cry because of something that I can prevent. You’re my light Buffy. My sun.” His voice faltered Spike wanting to tell her that he loved her but unable to say the words. He was unlovable and even if she did accept his declaration he deserved nothing in return. He was always better at communicating his feelings through actions anyway.

His chest heaved with fear as she remained silent before gasping in surprise as Buffy all but dragged him onto the bed. She threw him onto it, laughing mischievously as he landed in an undignified thump and then promptly settled herself atop his lap.

What a view.

Spike was spread out before her, the black T-shirt riding up invitingly and showing a pale expanse of muscle. His chest was well defined with every part stretched taunt and rippling. His body called to her with something so intimate that words were not needed. She knew that he cared for her and loved her even if he was too unsure to say it. His eyes betrayed every emotion. Buffy ground down into his lap, loving the feel of his arousal pressing against her.

There was no way to express the joy at knowing that he was hers. Buffy Summers has a man.

She could remember her godfather warning when young against male advances, saying how she should marry within the family. There was not many choices and Buffy had felt stifled and trapped. There were no males with any prospects except a life spent in service to her father and thus no loyalty to her beyond the notion of wife and the responsibility of bearing their young.

Buffy snorted in anger at the thought. She may have wanted the normal life with its white picket fence, and 2.5 kids but she also wanted commitment and someone who loved her. A smile bloomed as Buffy felt Spike’s hand slide over her thigh and caress her knee.

Spike loved her. Though he doesn’t know anything about Hank or anything to do with Masters… The thought quickly dampened her mood. Buffy had no idea how Spike would react to the news and could only see it ending badly. Still she hid it, hoping vainly that Joyce would keep quiet. Everything would only escalate if they found out about her background.

“You still here with me pet?”

Buffy fastened a large smile onto her face, pulling off her top in a brave gesture and submitting herself to Spike’s ministrations.

He would help her forget.

The Brit frowned for a moment before latching on to a nipple through the lace material of her bra and suckling in pleasure. Alcohol can be buggered. I’m never getting pissed again and missing out on this. He sat up, one nimble hand flicking open the catch and tossing away the offending garment to the furry sweater. He was going to burn the bloody thing later when she was sleeping. His thoughts quickly disintegrated into nothing as Buffy’s chest became his sole focus. He licked a path between her breasts, laving each globe and delighting in the way her breathy moans filled the room. His shirt was becoming confining and he ripped it off, reaching to undo his belt buckle and then the zipper. They both groaned when he was released, her small hand wrapping around his cock and pumping it in a steady motion. Spike felt his eyes roll into the back of his head, as her pressure increased and nearly shouted his pleasure to the entire house when Buffy innocently licked the tip.

“Please do that again…. luv, Buffy, I’m begging you…” He clapped a hand over his mouth as her lips fully encircled the head of his shaft, nibbling and licking in a fashion that was guaranteed to leave him erupting early. Her mouth was hotter than anything else imaginable, burning him and making Spike all that more determined to make this time count.

His fingers crept into her hair, loving the feel of the soft locks as she rose her head to look at him.

“Am I doing something wrong?” she asked nervously. Her lips, rosy and plush had formed into a small pout which only made Spike groan more. This girl was going to be the death of him.

“Of course not pet. I just… I need to be inside you.” Spike reached forward, sliding off her pants and underwear and then raising her above his cock. He was desperate to be connected to her and sighed loudly when she sank down.

It was nothing like what she had ever imagined. Every part of her felt full, his cock filling every space and causing a warm feeling to race through her belly. She wasn’t sure that she ever wanted to move and let him go. Buffy stretched, squeezing her inner muscles and feeling a rush fill her as Spike shuddered in abandon. She was in complete control with his body laid out before her like a decadent painting, except for the constant rising of his chest.

Buffy couldn’t help the possessive thought which raced through her head. Mine.

Her hips rose slowly, loving the feel of him sliding in and out of her passage. He was incredibly large, stretching her in an almost painful way. She wouldn’t change anything however. Buffy moaned loudly as Spike moved his body in encouragement, hands playing with her breasts and teasing her nipples. She leant forward, licking his chest and biting at his neck.

“Gods luv, that’s perfect.”

His voice was a deep rumble, sexy and baritone as he gasped with each descent. Spike pushed invitingly back, harsh breaths becoming louder when Buffy increased the pace.

Neither could help themselves from going faster, the slapping sounds of their bodies meeting leading to a trembling which coursed through her body.

“Spike…. I’m…..”

The Brit nodded, thrusting harder and moving one finger to pinch her clit.

Buffy erupted a moment later, screaming out her release in abandon.

Spike continued to plunge himself into her depths, letting her orgasm flow through them and gasping as her inner muscles clamped down. He would never be able to touch another woman after feeling this.

He came a minute later unable to hold back as Buffy all but strangled his cock. He pumped into her three times, wrapping his arms around her slumped body in satisfaction as they both gasped for air. Her hand, covered in sweat, tangled with his, the fingers interlocking as he kissed her forehead.

“Buffy…”

The petite blond looked up, pressing a finger against his swollen lips. Spike looked incredibly scared and also in a hilarious contradiction sated. He loves me. I know he does. She smiled, pushing her lips against his in a chaste kiss. “I know Spike, I love you too.”