Author's Chapter Notes:
hey everyone! thankyou for all the wonderful reviews!!! I'll get another more Spuffier chapter out tomorrow. Please R&R
Spike had woken several hours later with Buffy sound asleep on his chest, snoring lightly. Her hair flowed down over their bodies, covering his side and tickling it as she breathed. The bleached blond took in the sight before him, grinning with self satisfaction. We didn’t even get under the covers.
He brushed a knuckle down her spine, loving the way she curled and nuzzled her head against his chest. Hopefully everything would go to plan tonight and he’d have many more opportunities to explore her. Spike knew without a doubt that Buffy was the only woman he would ever be interested in. Now I just have to keep that bloody pillock Jacob away from her thought Spike with frustration. If it wasn’t Riley or Angel then there was always another guy just waiting to have their way with her. But then I may be wrong… Spike had tried to keep himself even after being inducted, trusting no one and certainly not becoming buddies with any of the more quiet men. They were guaranteed by their own unwillingness to participate as loose canons. Spike himself didn’t bother wondering what they were up to as long as it kept far away from his business and him but this Jacob… Spike was going to be forced to look into the git’s background. Angelus doesn’t trust him. That’s always a sure sign of trouble.

It was a well known fact throughout LA that Aureli was both an indomitable leader and an incredibly suspicious one, trusting very few into his confidences and even then holding them at arm’s length. Spike was the only man he let be involved in decisions, perhaps in a move to stave a takeover and everyone knew how strained their relationship was. When the poofter was tiptoeing and giving Jacob the death glare then you definitely knew something was up.

Either that or Peaches fancied the git.

Spike shuddered. There was no way he would let his thoughts travel any further down the path which ultimately led to images of the great poof acting romantic. He pitied any girl unlucky enough to be caught in such an embrace.

Trying to not wake her, Spike gently pushed Buffy off of his chest and onto the bed. Her arms immediately grabbed a pillow, strangling it in a tight embrace. He had noticed an odd pink pig stuffed amongst her duffel bag earlier and went to grab it. It was rather beaten, the fur dirty with odd spots. Spike turned it over, unable to hold back the smirk when he read the childish writing. “Well Mr. Gordo. How about I leave you with my girl?” He set the pig down beside her head. glad that she was asleep. He still remembered all too well her anger when he had mentioned the activity before.

It was something that she was going to be forced to get used to. There was no way that Spike could stop being involved in gang activities. It was part of his blood.

He quickly pulled on his jeans and T-shirt, the duster draping his form as he stalked out of the room. He shut the door slowly, sighing with relief as he heard the gentle click and then flew downstairs.

Angel would be waiting.

***
Riley kept making sounds in the back seat. They had gagged him earlier, hoping to teach the Captain a lesson but it only made him protest more.

Gunn was close to shooting him.

The large and well muscled African American sat in the front seat of a dull grey van, gritting his teeth. He was trying hard to think about positively anything besides his bespectacled companion and the lump they had been forced to drag along. His fingers drummed against the steering wheel odd staccato beats.

They had been sitting in the same spot for over an hour.

The street before them looked inconspicuous, odd light of blue and red from flashing neon the only real factor that made it stand out. It remained free of traffic besides shadowy forms of beggars and thieves which commonly traversed Sunnydale, looking for money. Gunn’s mouth, which most often was turned into a handsome smile was set in a grimace. They had all been dragged out of various activities to the downtown area, Angel intent on picking up Parker’s weapon drop.
And I was finally getting somewhere with Fred too thought Gunn ruefully. He was completely in enamored with the mousy looking girl and had been earlier very close to securing her acceptance of his advances. She was small and thin, with soft rounded curves that made her appear like a doll. Gunn thought Fred was perfect and unfortunately so did Wesley.

Gunn’s companion sat as close to the door as possible, staring down at the barrel of his gun. His glasses were made of thin wire, the lenses glinting in alternating shades of red and blue from the lights. He wore ragged jeans and a button down shirt, the sleeves cut off so as not to interfere. Dull brown hair stuck out at odd angles, giving him a rebellious appearance.

Angel had met the Englishman maybe six months before and immediately accepted him, despite his awful desire to wear tweed. It had been Fred who had changed Wesley into another man, one dark enough to not only butcher a girl but then laugh about it.

Parker had been very disappointed when Mr. Wesley Wyndam-Price declined the Initiative’s offer and joined Aurelius.

Gunn even more so. It would have been the perfect chance to kill the prick.

Despite this utter hatred between the two they were often paired to show a unified front to the other gangs. Angel had reasoned that if two of his best fighters could get along whilst still trailing after the same girl then he only looked that much more controlling. Both of the men were starting to wonder whether it would be all that terrible to simply kill each other. After all Angel’s reputation could sustain some damage… Couldn’t it?

Gunn fought the urge to bash his head against the side window, knowing it would attract attention.

It was another hour before the signal came through.

Gunn jumped, rocking the car slightly as his partner, slid his gun into the holster at his hip. They both watched the mobile as it moved along his lap, vibrating and creating a dull buzzing sound. Both immediately opened the car doors, stepping out with audible sighs of relief. Gunn had been certain that Wes was contemplating ways to blow his brains out for the last one hundred and twenty minutes. Now some other unfortunate would have to stare down his partner’s bullet.

Gunn didn’t bother to lock the van; completely certain that no one would dare touch the vehicle if they valued their life. The smaller form of Wesley was already crossing the street, looking neither left nor right as he followed the hulking form of Angel. Their leader carried no weapon but instead wore a bullet proof vest underneath his heavy leather jacket. The leader traditionally took no ammunition as a sign of good will but now they were busting up a business deal.

Gunn crossed himself before hurriedly running into the abandoned building. They were going to need all the help they could get if Spike saw Parker.

***
There was something purely delicious in entering the rival gang’s home, even if you regularly visited it for a quick fuck. Faith rapped her hand on the heavy door, noticing that they had changed the locks since Angel last let her in. Must be feeling a little paranoid. Her eyes, a dark brown which was lost in the heavy mascara flashed with delight as a weedy little man opened the door a second later and let her in.

She barely acknowledged him, muttering a ‘thanks Jonathon’ before swaying her leather clad ass up the staircase. Faith had gotten dressed up for this event, wanting to make the worst impression possible. Her top seemed to be made out of a scrap of cloth, wound around her torso and threatening to fall off at any moment. It had been chosen by Parker when they engaged in one of their darker sessions of sex. He said it made her look like a whore.

Faith did not bother to hide the wide grin which flooded her face, black, shining lips coated with lipstick and hopefully looking completely edible.

Most of the Initiative was still at home, hanging out at the ‘base’ and getting pissed off of their heads. It hadn’t taken much to slip out through a side door and make her way to one of Parker’s vehicle. She’d dumped the convertible about two blocks away from Crawford St., intent on blaming it on one of the newbies or Drusilla and hiked over to the mansion. Faith was glad that her feet were only slightly blistered from her three inch heels.

She certainly hoped Spike appreciated the effort.

Parker had come home, screaming with his foot half shot open not more than a week ago. It seemed that bleached boy had not taken kindly to him saying hello to Miss. Sunshine and in true Spike fashion started another mini war with her leader and lover. Faith shuddered at the thought. She had never had the true parenting that would halt such a leap into gang life. Instead her step daddy had made it his duty to prepare her for a life of whoring and stealing. He’d arranged for her to start stripping and then taken her wages, making himself a far happier and richer pig whilst she had to sleep to get fed. Faith felt some small sense of gratitude to Parker for nailing her ‘daddy’, she had definitely gained weight after it wasn’t all spent on booze and porn mags. The day that Parker had first come to town was burned into her memory.

He’d been sitting in the front row, a warm smile and bright eyes making Faith swing her hips just that little bit closer. He didn’t look like he would hurt her and by the make of his clothes was not a poor college student either. She’d been wearing a wig that night, bright pink and after finishing her number went the usual rounds looking for tips and offering lap dances.

Parker had accepted.

He’d settled her atop him, grinding into her with barely disguised lust and whispered dirty suggestions into her ear. For the first time in what felt like a lifetime, Faith was truly shocked. Her things had brushed against the handle of a knife, making her amazement quickly turn to fear and she’d tried desperately to push herself away from him.

It hadn’t worked.

Parker had only gripped her closer, his murmurings taking a darker tone as he ripped away her wig. Faith’s thick brunette hair had been exposed, falling down her back and covering their faces when Parker forced his tongue down her throat. She’d been one of his girls ever since.

Faith, scared and trembling had been released half an hour later and rushed to the back where the other girls informed her of her fate. Parker had taken control of the club and several others and now officially owned it and the girls.

The brunette’s face fell for a moment as she remembered the hot tears which had washed her mascara down her cheeks. She’d been passed from the control of one man to another with only sex remaining the constant. Perhaps it had forced her into this new mould of woman: dangerous, promiscuous and determined to succeed, no matter the cost.

In hindsight Faith could say that she rather liked the transformation.

She’d never expected an actual relationship, their ‘trysts’ instead dissolving into a meaningless series of sex and punishment which frankly was something she was used to, but Parker’s addition of extra partners had completely thrown her. It appeared all too soon that Abrams was not happy with just her. He’d taken Spike’s nutty girlfriend and added her to the mix. Faith was certain that the Brit would not be happy to learn that she knew ‘princess’s’ body just as well as him.

Now there was a new girl on the block, making the brunette fairly uncertain of her place. It had always been about Dru and her for so long in the Initiative that the other men left them alone but this Buffy Summers… Faith was becoming increasingly anxious that Parker would forget all about them in pursuit of the little ball of sunshine.

Which was why Faith was at the house in the first place. She had decided quite emphatically that B needed to learn the ropes exceptionally quickly if she didn’t want to cause a whole new set of issues within the relatively unstable gang relations. And who was person to teach her if not Faith? She already had an understanding with Darla about Aureli and perhaps could swindle her way into one with Buffy. Faith would take Spike anyway she could have him. The brunette didn’t want to think what would happen to her if Parker ever found out.

She pushed against Spike’s door gently, frowning when it was locked. Faith hadn’t expected him to be so cautious in his own territory but maybe things were less than peachy with Peaches. Faith laughed at her own joke, flicking out a set of keys, identical to the ones Angel carried. No one had ever said there weren’t perks for sleeping with the brooding wonder.

Faith got the right key into the lock, smiling as it clicked open. Now to see about this ‘sunshine’.

***
The floor was a dirty concrete floor, covered with trash and stinking of vomit. Angel looked at it with determination, often finding himself staring downwards during contemplation. It was as though by seeing where his feet were, both physically and metaphorically, he could center himself in a world that changed like the tide. The earth was a constant. Angel grimaced, starting to agree with the constant gibes Spike gave him for brooding too much. The stress was definitely getting to him.

The weapon chests sat off to his left, a peevish diminutive man glaring at Wesley who stood close to him. Willy was not happy to be involved in this deal at all and certainly wasn’t happy to see the sinister British man leaning so close to him. He was going to open a bar up after this and forget trying to deal. Maybe he’d live longer then. Sweat beaded down his forehead as the taller man, lanky with wiry muscles cast him a vicious grin. The bar was looking more inviting with every passing moment.

Angel’s other men were arranged around the room in various locations. Six were positioned up above on the rafters, with Gunn sitting idly against the wall directly behind him. All were geared for a confrontation and sent him smiles of anticipation. They were desperate to engage in bloodshed with the Initiative and had been pushing for a while. It only made Angel more anxious.

I need to let the boys out more.

He was just about to resume his floor metaphor when the heavy thud of footsteps announced Parker’s arrival. A pair of heavy muscled men entered in front of him, casting looks back at their leader to make sure he didn’t need assistance. They would be punished back at the house for helping him to walk but that would be nothing compared to the pain they’d endure if he fell to the ground. They each held a rifle and shouldered them at the sight of Angel’s gang. They were far less interested in getting into a fight.

Angel brushed his hair back in an attempt to hold back the laughter at Parker’s limping form. They were going to have a party for Spike’s decision when they arrived back at the house. He bit his lip, cheeks blooming out when the other gang leader stumbled, his foot swathed in bandages.

Utter silence held in the room for only a minute before the Aurelius’ burst out laughing.

In between fits of giggles, Angel managed to speak, his eyes twinkling with merriment. “How-“ Angel dissolved into a set of barking laughs – “are you holding up?”

Abrams, slightly thinner than usual and hunching did not look amused. “Just shut the fuck up Aureli.” His voice was hoarse and vicious, under strain from screaming as Faith had dug the bullet out. It had hurt like nothing else, excluding Spike’s beating on that hill and he was desperate for retribution. He had been taken aback at the sight of Angel but was trying to hide it. If Angel’s here then that means his bitch Spike is too.

His fingers twitched, itching to reach the semi automatic at his waist. It would be only slightly difficult to shoot the hulking Neanderthal but then he’d have to deal with Masters. Parker was not that stupid.

Instead of asking Angel why he was there, Parker instead asked about Spike, spitting the Brit’s name out as though it was a disease. Something had gone wrong with Finn and his plan to grab the bitch Summers from the home. Abrams was positive that the bleached menace had managed to stop it.

Angel held his leather jacket wide open, a silent message to everyone in the room that he was unarmed. Parker’s movements had suddenly put everyone on edge which could easily disintegrate into mindless shooting. When word got back to LA, Angel wanted it known that Abrams had started it. He smiled at Parker’s question, catching the sight of white hair behind the gang leader. “Spike’s right here.” He pointed to his second in command, chuckling as Spike gave them a cheeky wave. “He’s been telling me that you two had a minor disagreement and in a terrible accident shot you in the foot.”

Parker spluttered, calm façade completely gone. “HOW DARE YOU! I’M SO GOING TO-“

Spike raised an eyebrow, his expression one of disdain. “You’ll do what exactly? Masters has already informed you that this pickup is now ours, you’re outnumbered and a bloody cripple to boot.” He pulled the smoldering cigarette from his mouth, dropping it to the ground and snuffing it out with his boots. “As far as I can see Parker , you’re buggered.”

Spike winked at Angel, noticing that Gunn and three other men were slowly taking away the weapons and shoving them out through a wheel. They had a driver waiting on the other side with a loading tray specifically for this purpose. He would only have to distract them for a couple of minutes and then it would be far harder to take the weapons back. That and the fact that Spike was the ultimate at gibes and name calling. He didn’t bother hiding his grin, knowing that Parker was likely to explode at his gift.

Waving his hand at the rival leader’s muscle dismissively, Spike walked back around the wall. Everyone listened with mixed feelings of excitement and dread as Spike dragged Riley’s bound form into Parker’s sight.

The jovial mood which existed ended instantly, a deadly air replacing it.

Resting his boot on Finn’s stomach, Spike pushed down, never taking his eyes off Parker. “We found him with his hands wrapped around my girl and would of killed him except that we know you have a particular fondness for punishing your own.” His azure eyes, ice cold, didn’t blink as Riley’s muffled screams became more pronounced. “Angel was all for it and cut him up just to show you how a real man does it.” The snap of Riley’s rib went unnoticed by Abrams, the rival leader not backing down and instead staring the Brit straight in the eyes. “Now I know you have a yearning for my women”, drawled Spike gruffly, “but I think you need to remember that Buffy is mine.” He pulled Finn up by his hair, pointing the mangled mess that was his broken and splintered nose. “I shot you in the foot before Parker, next time I’ll just sodding kill you and take my chances with Masters.”

Spike threw Riley back to the ground, backing away as he caught Angel’s signal to leave. “I’d keep away from me and mine, if you know what’s good for you pillock. Either that or you’ll find out what it’s like to be an Aurelius bitch.”

The flare of his duster, flew behind him tauntingly as Spike calmly, stalked out of the room.

They’d look for Riley’s body in a week.