Author's Chapter Notes:
I AM SO EXCITED! I finally worked out the next ten or so chapters in great detail and have a clear view of what will happen. I absolutely hate writing angst or conflict but it is necessary for the story. I have exams tomorrow, thursday and friday so friday arvo will be my next update! Hope you like it! Oh and one more thing. I am going to create an archive for Spuffy within the next month or so as I think it we need to have as many places for FF to be posted as possible. Would people prefer it to be an AU specific archive or just Spuffy in general?
Angel couldn’t help staring with envy at the sight of Buffy and Spike locked in a passionate kiss. Faith had tried to stop the Brit a minute or so before but of course failed miserably. The Brit only had eyes for one woman. Her lack of clothing did nothing to entice Spike, Angel noticing a sneer of distaste mark his friend’s features. The glowering brunette didn’t know whether he was happy about that or not.

Is Buffy really that beautiful? It caused Angel to feel another wave of jealousy that he didn’t get to experience whatever it was about Buffy Summers that had Spike so enraptured.

His hand, large and muscled from use, gripped the beer bottle tighter. It seemed like Will had not taken anything he said to heart. Instead, his second command had gone straight past the festivities in order to be alone with Summers. Angel could only see it ending in disaster.

It was a well known fact amongst men that once you started to ditch your friends (with the extra bonus of free alcohol and ass) for a woman, then you were lost… another fallen soldier to female manipulations. The notion of staging an intervention was almost worth considering.

Faith gyrating to the music halted those thoughts. Though she wore only leather pants the woman still maintained an aura of mystery. Many knew of her infidelity to Parker at least in terms of gang relationships. The fact that Angel fucked her on a regular basis was kept completely hidden. Seeing her crook her finger at him enticingly, Angel doubted that their secret would last long. He drank in the sight of her, sexuality oozing from every pore. Her ‘top’ had been discarded and lay crumpled on the carpet, trodden consistently by heavy feet. The gang leader made to walk over before noticing the way that Jacob also stared.

Angel knew it shouldn’t have bothered him. Hell, nearly every single man in the room had checked Faith out. But inwardly he felt like screaming with possessiveness. In his mind Faith was his. He protected her and if she wasn’t so stubborn would even live at the house. No other man had a right to look at her… particularly not that bastard Jacob.

Jacob seemed to feel the weight of his stare and nodded to Angel with a grin. He knows that he’s pissing me off. The brunette, large with muscle, slammed the beer bottle down, thinking of a similar instance when Spike had beat a man to death for coming onto Drusilla. Some of them had been worried for a moment that the Brit couldn’t take on the man who stood at six foot three. Angel could remember watching his lackeys at the bar take bets on who would lose.

Angel had stuck a fifty down on the table top, not wanting to waste more in case they did have to go save the bleached blond. After the first punch he bet two hundred.

They won over a grand that night.

The fight with the lumbering giant had quickly turned from worry for the Aurelius gang into entertainment. Spike’s smaller size allowed him to move far faster than any of his opponents. His eyes always flashed with frenzied excitement, hands balling into fists and feet jumping excitedly off the ground. Something in him relished the idea of a brawl, even if it was solely him, alone with his back against the wall. It completely contradicted Angel’s view of murder. For him there a good kill was a work of art. Not a thing done in the heat of the moment. But then maybe that was why they worked so well together. If called for, Spike would take the passing blow and save them both. His temper and flare had saved them when Angel felt uncertain but likewise he kept Spike safe from those he ignored. Parker had not even registered on the bleached blonde’s radar until Dru started crawling into the bastard’s bed.

Aureli grinned. When Will finally got his hands on Parker then they would really celebrate. All this partying would look like a child’s birthday party. Parker would not live to see morning. He recalled the giant’s fading moments before he went unconscious. They had got Spike to smash his fist longer into the mangled flesh simply for the hell of it.

If there was a decent enough reason, Spike could be an absolute monster.

The brooding man did not want to think of Spike if reduced to female specifications. A soppy Spike would be of no use to anyone, least of all him. Even when broken over Drusilla’s betrayal he had remained vicious almost demonic. His woman had encouraged that aspect of his personality, almost to the point that any ‘poncy’ nature of William was completely lost. Angel couldn’t see how Buffy would have the same effect.

Angel swallowed the alcohol in large gulps. Jacob had moved away from Faith causing him to grin with anticipation. His ‘soulful’ brown eyes glanced around It was a rare treat to not have his clothes stained with blood and he would relish partying with the gang. One of his women would normally be vying for his attention about now, yet Angel noticed that Cordelia had disappeared. He mentally shrugged, deciding to find her later. Right now he would take advantage of Faith’s good mood and hopefully get more than just information.

God knows he needed it with all the headaches Spike was giving him.

***

The bed was unmade and covered with sheets in disarray. Buffy could see the hint of a black t shirt stuffed under one of the remaining pillows. The blood red colour of the sheets was crumpled in the shape of her body, an odd impression marking the mattress. It remained the only vibrant colour in the room, the cushion she had thrown at Faith earlier still laying on the floor. Its bright tone contrasted against the dull grey of the carpet. It was too dreary a room to be really hers. When Buffy imagined it the bedroom was bathed in lighter hues of green or even yellow if she felt drastic enough. She could imagine Spike’s disgruntled expression, head tilting to the side and a questioning quirk of the mouth as though to say ‘are you daft’. Her hand was grasped tightly in his, the thumb stroking it down absently as he led the way into their room.

She hadn’t bothered to lock the door and he raised an eyebrow at her as he pushed it open. There was nothing of real value in the room except for her journals but it made Buffy wonder what else he kept locked away. His eyes, a watery blue held shock and surprise at the fact that it remained open for anyone to enter. Perhaps he’s hiding something. She hadn’t seen anything out of the ordinary besides piles of clothes all in black but then maybe she should look. It was a temptation that was incredibly hard to resist. Her fingers trembled at discovering something of Spike’s. Hearing anything about him at school had been one of her main interests. Willow had called them ‘spuffy’ she obsessed over him that much.

But then it was so difficult to get a word from Spike that wasn’t shrouded in mystery; hidden from her and practically everyone. Buffy would have gone to Angel and asked him if it wouldn’t end in him hitting on her.

Or worse.

She kicked the cushion away with one foot, blushing in shame when Spike chuckled at the sight.

“If I’d known you liked pillow fights so much luv, I would’ve bought an extra set.” He missed her expression of shock and glanced at the floor again which was littered with various pillows and cushions. I’ll have to start teaching her how to fight if this is what she does in her free time. The Brit found it amusing inwardly and grinned at her again when she remained still. Does Buffy honestly think I would be mad? Her eyes were wide as though she wanted to say something but Spike would be buggered if he knew what. He waited a moment, resisting the urge to ask her however no response came.

She’ll tell me in her own time.

Spike moved around Buffy, kicking the door shut with his foot in a loud thump. It would go unnoticed with all the bloody racket downstairs but was still entertaining. There was something sweet about not following the house guidelines that his da’ had insisted upon when young. Tosser was only ever nattering on about sodding rules. He wondered idly whether Joyce had followed in the pillock’s shoes. The picture of her drugged expression quickly alleviated any suspicion. Only thing on that bloody woman’s radar is the location of more booze. Buffy would be lucky if the woman even noticed she existed.

He sat at the foot of the bed, leaning back and watching with anticipation as Buffy’s gaze traveled up his torso. Her long blond hair fell down past her shoulders, the tips just grazing the rise of her breasts. A pert nose was framed by blushing cheeks which had lit up at his comment. They created a rosy shine that mimicked her flush during sex. Spike was looking forward to seeing its recurrence. He smiled at Buffy who swung her arms uselessly, the air creating sounds as she moved back and forth. Her body was completely open with him, not hiding how she felt, even though her mind hid her past.

Stop brooding you stupid git.

Spike leaned back further and spread his legs wide, hands resting on the mattress in an attempt to regain the same mood. Buffy didn’t know it yet but before the month was done he was going to make her spill her secrets.

Spike just had to figure out a way to do it.

He noted with satisfaction that she trembled at the sight of him. Her luminous hazel eyes followed the movement of his arms, the duster now deposited on a chair and thus allowing her a better glimpse. The woman wants me even if she’s afraid to act on it. He held back a laugh as Buffy tentatively took a step forward before letting out a lungful of air when she sat slowly down onto his lap. Bloody woman doesn’t even have to jump me and already I can’t breathe. His hands rested on her narrow hips, loving the silky feel of her skin. Fingers delved under the hem of her top, caressing her stomach and causing a breathy moan to fill the room. Her skin was the colour of cream, thick golden tresses highlighting her beauty. Spike had murmured poems into it when she’d been asleep, unable to help the affection which flowed through him. Buffy was quickly becoming his world.

He nuzzled her chest, one eye catching the utter chaos that had become their sanctuary. Almost looks like someone else was here… Chit really knows how to have fun creating a mess. Buffy’s hand curling around his neck as her other dragged off her shirt stilled his tongue. The notion of another person being in their room was bleeding ridiculous. Buffy was just probably bored. He shifted it into the back of his mind marked ‘ponder later’ and instead licked a trail up her stomach, laving each breast through the lace bra before kissing her deeply. Her fingers were twined in his curls, Buffy nibbling on his bottom lip. The next second her tongue was in his mouth, stroking the roof and overall driving him insane.

Then it stopped.

Buffy placed her hands on his shoulders, pushing him away so she could look him directly in the eyes. Spike had given her a perfect opening to spill everything that Faith had said but she had held back. And I’m glad I did. If Faith is right then he would just deny that anything ever happened or worse take her side. Buffy pictured the voluptuous woman, probably right that minute using half the men downstairs. Faith was the complete opposite of her, knowing exactly what she was doing and having every man eating out of her hand. Including Spike added Buffy darkly. The petite blond was certain that if given even an inch Faith would take the opportunity. And then I’ll be alone. Her fingers unconsciously stroked the firm shoulders of Spike. Buffy didn’t know what she would do if he abandoned her. Spike or Will as Angel called him, was her only constant.

The only man I want.

She pressed a chaste kiss against Spike’s forehead, settling deeper into his lap. If she was going to interrogate and be sneaky then she could at least do it comfortably. Not even an apocalypse could have removed her from his lap right at that moment.

Spike obviously knew that something was wrong, brushing a thick wave from her face anxiously. “What’s wrong luv?”

“How well do you know Faith?”

The question startled Spike, mouth hanging open in shock. Why is she so interested in Faith?

“A while pet… Why?

Buffy ignored his query wanting to frown at his evasive reply. Awhile! How the hell am I meant to determine anything when he practices being all monosyllabic. She ground her hips down into his crotch, knowing it was cheating but desperate to know the truth. She had already given so much of herself to him. Any hint of another woman holding his affections or love would tear her apart. Not that her mind would be completely shocked. Spike hadn’t said I love you since he was drunk. He obviously cared for her but Buffy needed to know it was more. I would have just agreed with my father if I knew that this would happen. Buffy could remember quite clearly Hank telling her that love was a mockery of mankind and a real relationship was based on power. To Hank the only thing that mattered was controlling people.

“Did you ever… I dunno know kiss her?” Buffy rushed on as his hands which had been at her waist began to ease. “Were you ever intimate?”

“Do you honestly think I would?” He chuckled bitterly at her expression. “You silly bint… I only had eyes for one woman back then. Bloody Faith never even crossed my mind.” Spike raised a suspicious brow at her. “Why are you nattering on about past birds anyway Buffy? Don’t you trust me?”

Never. You could break me too easily. Buffy didn’t say the words out loud instead glaring back at Spike. The topic of Faith had quickly descended into waters much more murkier. Buffy knew that something had happened with the brunette but decided to let it go; for now. She finally had a chance to really vent at Spike when all other avenues had been lost. Her state of undress was forgotten as she readied herself to tell him off for once. Gods knows that he needs it!

“Why is it so hard for you to say yes or no to me? I mean its really not that hard. Just yep or no.” Her hands fisted in his shirt, neither noticing how odd they looked with her only in a bra and pants and sitting very provocatively in his lap. “And don’t you dare tell me that you’re telling the truth. Everything between us is always hidden and kept away and I’m not certain whether I can believe anything you say. I mean, I sleep with you and don’t even know the names of your parents! Or even where you grew up and let’s not get into the notion of ‘William the Bloody’ sharing his feelings!” Buffy felt like pulling the hair from her head she was so frustrated. “Everything I know about you is common knowledge Spike. I’ve adored you before we even met. Can you really say that you bothered to find out details about me?” She held up her hand as Spike, looking furious tried to retort. “I know you did the basic things that any good little gangster would do, but you never really found out my favourite colour or any useless little facts. It’s always been things that could be shared with Angel.”


Buffy took a deep breath, feeling the anger drain out of her. She was very surprised that he hadn’t thrown her off and gone downstairs to be with Faith. She’d never spoken to anyone like that before in her life.

“I have no one to talk to here Spike. Just you and you have all these secrets I'm not allowed to know. I only want to talk to someone that will tell me the truth. That’s it.” A pout formed across her lips, anger forcing back tears which normally would have spilled. “I only want to know you Spike.”

The Brit was completely stunned. Where in the bleeding hell did that just come from? One minute he had been making out with his woman and the next was being verbally torn to shreds. Buffy’s a bloody spitfire! His fingers tentatively took a tighter hold around her waist, sighing in relief when her arms encircled his chest. He needed time to think about this. A sodding century what with all the emotions she had just given voice to. She doesn’t trust me? Spike scoffed at the thought inwardly, ignoring the tightening of his chest. Just bleeding perfect mate. Got yourself a woman who you’ve managed to unravel in the space of week. Good on you Spike.

The Brit lowered his mouth to her neck cautiously not wanting to receive a slap for his actions. He had no clue as to express himself through words. Even when a poet, language had twisted him inside out, vainly looking for the correct meaning and dragging a thesaurus around with him as a result. There was no way he could tell Buffy anything without first divulging a whole sordid mess of history. Boring and completely uneventful. The fact that Dru had fallen asleep during a recount had done little for his nerves.

He sighed in a mixture of sadness and wonder as Buffy pushed him down onto the bed. She pulled off the remainder of her clothes and then stripped him bare. Her eyes never looked into his, the petite woman gasping into his neck as she rode him. It took his breath away, causing him to arch and push his hips up with each rise and fall. Buffy sat up, swivelling her body in time to his. He called her name, caught up in the sensation and tried to see her expression. She never once glanced down. Instead her head repeatedly rolled back, drawing out her orgasm before slowing down and laying across his chest. Despite the softer pace and her lips brushing along his collar bone he could feel her tears. It made him want to wrench her off his body and look at her; comfort her. Fingers slid down the notched discs of her back, receiving another moan for his efforts. Her tongue nibbled along the bone, biting down with something akin to anger when his hands reached for her breasts.

He came just seconds later.

In a daze Spike looked up, sweat covering his body as Buffy all but ran to the bathroom. The click of the latch on the door made him slump back down into the mattress. What in the bleeding hell just happened?