Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm going to post again tonight so I'll answer all reviews then. Just want to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who reviewed. The revelation which will soon be posted is only just the beginning of the Spuffy troubles.
Parker had always prided himself on being able to torture effectively. Where others needed practice or didn’t have the stomach for more than a bullet, he already was comfortable with disembowelment and more tiresome practices. He knew the exact words to make a young woman beg for mercy and also what every man would rather die than live without. Parker’s gentle looks only added to his expertise. It made the victim complacent, only shocking them that bit more brutally when he seemed to transform before their very eyes.

A confiding smile would melt to causal indifference as boyish floppy hair would betray the dead cold of his eyes.

As with all the gang leader’s lackeys and victims, it was far too late when they finally realised exactly what Parker Abrams was… a monster.

Suspended from iron chains in the middle of the room, Riley Finn could only agree. Warren and about five other Initiative members had dragged his sorry hide into this room, kicking his ribs as they went. From the few times he had been inside of ‘the base’ he knew that Parker called it the ‘play room’ and was located on the third storey.

When he asked why, Faith had explained bluntly that if under attack, the hostages would always be dead before they could be reached. Parker didn’t really care how many men died trying to guard the entrance as long as those he hurt saw him with their final gasp.

Riley should of realised much sooner that the man was a sick fuck.

Now though it was too late. Like he had expected Parker had been more than peeved at his failure. Coupled with Spike demeaning him in front of Aureli and Abrams had nearly cut his throat on the way home. Bouts of unconsciousness had made his days easier, but the constant fear of now knowing when he would die was becoming a constant obsession.

If someone didn’t off him, Riley was sure he would go madder than Dru.

Perhaps knowing this, Parker had finally limped into the room, ordered him strung up and begun. The cat of nine tails had looked deadly enough but Riley had been fairly certain that he could stand the pain. The one thing worse than betraying your ‘family’ was letting your captor know how much the punishment hurt.

Riley failed utterly.

At the first whip lash he had screamed like a small child, amazed at the pain which laced across his back. It raised dark red welts which continued to throb half an hour after the initial hit. Parker kept the whip away from his chest, knowing that after Spike’s treatment, further blows could shatter his other rib and even puncture a lung. As much as the idea of him choking on blood would’ve thrilled the gang leader, Riley knew that there was still more planned.

It was a frightening realisation compared to that hellish session in the Aurelius home.

He’d been certain both at that time and then later when being given back to Parker that he would be executed. Spike had snapped two of his ribs and nearly broken a third, clearly hoping that Parker would finish the job. He had been in no state to defend himself whatsoever and had wanted to beg for the option of death. Ironically nothing had changed. He was still breathing – albeit rather shallowly – and couldn’t save himself even if he wanted to.

All it would take was one single bullet under the chin to end this torment.

Parker had made a great show of giving his gun to Warren as he entered the room, just to fuck with the farmer’s head.

Riley knew he deserved it.

The Summers bitch had been completely within his grasp and would’ve ended up in Parker’s bed if not for his fateful mistake. Finn knew it was his lust and greed for the green eyed blonde which had made him fail, but rather than blame himself he focused the anger on her. The flocking towards Angel had always annoyed him, twisting the man’s views about women until he considered them far too independent for their own good. What Riley wanted more than anything was a dumb little broad, only concerned about her clothes and completely devoted to him. In his eyes Aureli was far too lenient and Spike… The bleached blonde should of simply forced Buffy to accept his lifestyle, not have an argument and try to reason with the annoying bitch. Part of Riley had relished the idea of raping her partly for the thrill of taking away some of the woman’s power.

If Parker let him live, Riley vowed to not fail again. His head snapped back as the whip again lashed across his skin, this time tearing the flesh off his thigh.

“How much do you hate her?”

Riley struggled to lift his head upright, cursing as he did. “Who are you talking about?” he asked in surprise. Parker had not spoken to him since this ordeal started. Why now?

A fist ploughed into his stomach. “Don’t play stupid farm boy. I’m talking about Summers.”

“Oh… her ” Riley didn’t have to bother trying to fake the hate which flowed through his voice. “If I ever get the chance I’m going to rip the little slut’s throat out.”

Parker chuckled, pleased at the answer. Maybe I won’t have to kill the idiot. “What if I gave you that chance?” he asked.

Riley forced his eyes open, chest heaving in exertion as suddenly his senses came alive. Is he just toying with me? “But I thought you were going to kill me.”

Parker shrugged indifferently. “I can still do that if you want...”

“NO!” shouted Riley desperately. “Please don’t. I’ll do anything.” The man paid no attention to the gross smile of delight which stretched across Parker’s thin lips.

“I don’t really need all that” said Parker, nodding to Warren who began to lower the beaten man to the ground. “All I need you to do is call Adam.”

“My brother?”

Parker nodded, dialing the number himself as Riley’s legs crumpled in exhaustion. Pathetic. “Tell him that we need to have a chat.”

***

“No I think I do know you. You’re Elizabeth Summers-Masters! We went to school together.” The girl’s hands clutched her notepad in excitement at her discovery. “Do you remember me?” At Buffy’s blank look she lifted the hem of her skirt and pointed to the name tag. “I’m Lucy.”

Breathe, just breathe… No one has picked up. No one has noticed. Buffy closed her eyes as the music in the club skidded to a halt. Lucy could still be heard talking in the background, reminiscing over their past exploits and dropping forbidden names into the open like it was a trial. When she finally dared to open her eyes, Spike’s met her instantly. Anger and betrayal swam, swallowing her whole as to the side Angel shrugged off his groupies.

“What in the bleeding hell is she talking about Buffy?”


“Would you believe me if I said I didn’t have a clue?”

Spike’s face already contorted into a grim expression shuddered at her blithe comment. “Right now, I don’t think I would pet.” His voice so much softer before sounded akin to the menace used for Angel.

Trembling at the accusatory stares from those around her Buffy titled her head downwards. Cordelia was the only one who didn’t react as badly, having known something of her history due to her father’s associates. The brunette’s hand took hold of her own as Lucy noticed the palpable tension and quickly left. Lucky girl.

“He asked a question Summers.” Angel had moved to next Spike, struggling not to shout out the obligatory ‘I told you so’. If Buffy didn’t come up with a decent explanation soon, the repercussions would be worse than Drusilla. At least with that woman it was obvious where Spike stood. She couldn’t love him and didn’t bother trying. Buffy had acted completely opposite, making William the Bloody defend her against his closest friends. He fucking chose to get involved with her even when I said it was a stupid idea. Now he’s paying for it.

The gang leader knew that Will had been trying to open up to the petite blonde… even mentioned Anne, who still plagued his thoughts. Half the time Spike was either with the woman or thinking about her, becoming weak despite all his protestations of being the same cold hearted bastard. All it took was one look at the gutted expression of Spike to realise how much the man had been lying.

Will loved her.

Angel narrowed his eyes at their newest member and cleared his throat when she did not respond. “You better answer me now Elizabeth before I drag you across this goddamned table and teach you how to speak properly.” He swept one arm over the wooden surface, knocking drinks to the floor. “Talk now or I’ll-“

“You’ll do nothing Peaches.” Spike stood up, cold icy orbs boring into his as he gestured at his woman. “This is my fault and I’ll deal with it accordingly. She’ll talk in the morning.”

Angel nodded in acceptance. It was best to leave the man to this task rather than interfering. I’d probably end up hurting the conniving bitch.

Spike took the movement for what it was and beckoned with one hand at the shell shocked blonde. She didn’t move.

“Buffy.”

Hazel eyes full of fear and regret flickered over to the tense form of her lover. Sharp cheekbones seemed to cut the air as his jaw twitched in agitation. Though his voice came out indifferent, she could hear the agony beneath it. All this crap she’d been giving him about not opening up now appeared like a joke, with Buffy as the starring hypocrite.

Her feet dragged as she followed after him into the parking lot.

Not once did they speak on the way home.