Author's Chapter Notes:
so I lied. The huge amount of reviews gave me added intiative to post two chapters today though I am worried about chapter five's response. Was it not written well? Some long awaited Spuffy for those who have been waiting patiently. THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR THE REVIEWS
Spike stared up at the two storey house feeling incredibly nervous. He had known the way to her house with barely a wrong turn but he’d only ever driven by it. Now he was going to try and get an invite.

Not an easy task after Buffy had run away from him.

Spike brushed one hand through his hair in agitation, ruffling it unconsciously into unruly curls. The toes of his Doc Martens were slightly scuffed and for the first time in a good while he actually cared. What if Buffy’s mother was home? Was he dressed appropriately?

The bleached Brit snorted for a moment, slightly embarrassed at his less than bad ass thoughts. Angel would be laughing his ass if he could see him now. Though Spike thought he had some right in being anxious. Rupert had given him free rein long ago and though the old man still tried sometimes to exert discipline both knew it was merely a show. Spike’s uncle was the furthest from a role model as you could come by. Angel had met the man once and ever since then called him Ripper.

A name that Rupes affectionately gave to a ‘misspent youth.’

Spike smiled. He didn’t know what he would have done without Rupert’s mid life crisis. The man had supported him like no one else.

Glancing at the house once more, Spike gulped loudly before stepping up to the porch and ringing the bell.

Here I bloody well go.

***

Buffy looked up from her diary, stunned as she heard the door bell ring. As far as she knew they never had visitors unless Joyce was home and even then it was a rare affair. Shrugging to herself, she once more bent over the small lavender book, contemplating exactly what she should write. Everything she had ever witnessed or felt was recorded in it and other like decorated books. She kept them hidden under her mattress knowing Joyce would never be bothered to investigate and that they would be relatively safe.

She jumped on her bed again when the door bell once more sounded.

WHO IS THAT?!

Buffy stomped down the stairs, green sushi pajamas forgotten and wrenched open the door expecting to find a traveling salesmen.

Instead she found a rather miserable looking Spike, the man staring down at the ground with his finger still pressed against the door bell button.

Oh God.

Buffy’s face which before had been furrowed into a frown was now flame red in embarrassment. Here she was in some lame pajamas whilst the hottest guy she had ever seen stood there on her doorstep. Contemplating whether to slam the door and hide Buffy decided to take the brave approach. After all if he did something she didn’t like she could easily kick him from across the threshold.

That’s if he would ever look at her.

The Brit still stood looking at the ground, an odd expression hidden by curled peroxide locks. His black duster rested heavily on his shoulders and if Buffy didn’t know any better seemed to weigh him down, as though carrying past deeds in its voluminous layers.

Finally he rose his eyes, the blue orbs never failing to evict a response. They swam now with an unreadable expression, communicating both a strong possessiveness and also affection.

Buffy shivered.

“What do you want?”

Spike shrugged, looking past her into the house. He could see no hint of any other person and was secretly pleased. It would make his news a little bit easier to impart. Ignoring her question Spike asked one of his own.

“May I come in pet?”

His hand reached out towards the frame, long lean fingers casually brushing it as he stepped closer. He had wanted to touch her face but opted for the doorway after remembering her earlier response towards him.

She’d rather let the Boogeyman in than me he thought depressingly.

Buffy glared at him for a moment, before surprising them both, moving away from the entrance with barely any hesitation. “Sure.”

She flushed as Spike walked across the threshold wanting the earth to swallow her whole. Why couldn’t I just dress sluttily for once instead of going to straight to comfort clothing?

She looked down at the garish bright green before trying to smooth out the noticeable creases.

It was hopeless.

“I wanted to explain what happened today Buffy. I went about things completely wrong and I need you to hear what I have to say.” Spike’s voice came out as a rough grumble, paying far too much attention to Buffy’s outfit rather than the house itself. The chit looked absolutely adorable with her golden hair bundled to one side in a messy ponytail. She obviously was embarrassed her cheeks a deep pink and Spike relished the open glow which lighted her face. It was refreshing when compared to the rather blunt stories that Darla and Faith would tell at the ‘house’.

Wanting to see her cheeks flame a brilliant red again, Spike met her hazel eyes before doing a slow double take, smirking as she ducked her head.

Absolutely bleeding gorgeous.

They stood there for a minute simply staring at each other before Buffy realised that she should find out what he exactly wanted. Averting her gaze again, the petite blond rushed to the other side of the kitchen island, cleaning up dirty pots and pans that Joyce had left out.

Knowing that this was her way of hiding embarrassment, Spike sat down on one of the stools, completely dwarfing it. “When Angel talked to you today pet, did he mention a Parker Abrams?”

Buffy nodded, wiping harder at a stain. It was far easier than meeting the hard gaze of Spike who could make her melt just from walking into a room. She could barely believe that he leaned across the countertop, not an arm’s reach from her. Spying a look she could see his elbows which jutted out precariously whilst his gaze focused on her. He didn’t even bother to pretend that anything else held his interest.

Sighing Spike took her nod as a signal to continue, wishing that the chit would say something rather then merely gesture. “Did he tell anything about him?”

Buffy placed the pot down, guessing that nods and shrugging were not going to deter the Brit from questioning her. “He just told me that Parker could make my life miserable and some crap about how bad ass Abrams is.” Buffy rolled her eyes thinking that this gang notion had gone a little bit too quick to their heads. Her father could really show them how it was done. “I don’t know why Angel thinks its such a big deal that I date him to be honest with you. The whole thing sounds ridiculous. If this Parker guy was any real problem then the police would have dealt with him already.” She smiled at Spike disarmingly, hoping that he would confirm her ideas.

He did the exact opposite.

In a bitter laugh she would have attributed to a person in perpetual suffering Spike practically shoved her ideas down the sink. And thus propagated her fears.

“You’re a bloody fool if you think that the cops will do anything about Parker luv” he said harshly. “They are all paid by him and various gangs from up the coast to stay well and truly out of any affairs related to Sunnydale and LA. Parker and I guess you could say Angel, own the sodding cops.” He flicked open his Zippo lighter, staring at the flame rather than Buffy’s heartbroken expression. “Parker runs the rival gang to ours, and has always been messing around in our business.”

And women he added silently.

“We each speak to higher bosses up in LA but if you think this is all a pretty game then guess again Princess. Some of us may be in high school but graduation is very near and I guarantee you that I’ve already done more than half the bloody kids in our school dream about.” He finally glanced at her, slightly relieved to see the calm expression which graced her features.
She’s shielding herself from me.

Spike waited a moment as the golden blond stared directly at him. “How does that involve me?” she asked bluntly. “I’ve had nothing to do with you or your gang.”

Spike’s reply was quick. “It doesn’t matter. Parker will want you purely for the fact that I do and just like me won’t stop. With the gang you’ll have protection from him.” He gestured one arm to the wide kitchen space and empty home. “You’d always have a family Buffy.”

She gaped at him for a moment, her lips mimicking a fish out of water. He wants me? ME? Buffy couldn’t believe it. They’d only spoken once before and had spent the rest of the time receiving looks of longing. Well at least she had, Spike hadn’t even bothered to look at her before last week as far as Buffy knew.

“How can you want me? You don’t even know me.”

Spike moved quickly around the countertop, a deadly smirk crossing his face as he came increasingly closer.

“But I do luv. I’ve watched you ever since you arrived in this god forsaken town and Buffy, you shine. I never talked to you because I was afraid of getting you wrapped up in this mess of a life, but believe me when I say this, I wanted to talk to you.” One hand reached up to cup her face lovingly, Spike cocking his head to the side as he gazed at her. “I’ve always wanted you Summers and always will.” His thumb brushed her cheek in soothing gestures as he noticed the plump pink flesh that was her lips.

I’ll bloody well combust if I don’t kiss her.

Moving closer until there was no space between them, Spike leant down to whisper in her ear. He wanted to give her one last chance to back out before he went too far. Once he kissed her, Spike doubted that he would ever be able to let her go. Blowing gently on her ear, Spike words were practically growled, the other hand curling around her waist.

“I’m going to kiss you Buffy and you’ll have to tell me right now if your not interested. I’ll give you time to get used to me but if you kiss me, then you belong to me. You’ll be mine.” His inner William winced slightly at the possessive tone which filled his voice, knowing it was necessary and impossible to stop but worried over the girl’s reaction. It would be difficult to convince her if he scared her off so early.

Buffy had no such qualms though. She barely heard any of his declaration, the words of “kiss” and “mine” sending a thrill throughout her entire body. She had wanted this for so long.

Tilting her head up towards Spike, Buffy waited, not knowing what she was fully accepting but knowing that if he didn’t kiss her soon she would faint from the anticipation.

The caress of soft lips across her own was beyond all imaginings. The gentle brush so light that she wondered whether Spike was dragging a feather across her lips rather than the oh so pliable flesh she had stared at endlessly. She didn’t have to wait a moment longer, Spike’s mouth crushing demandingly across hers as he lost all will to go gentle. He wanted the girl and had claimed her as his. If not to the gang then at least to Angel. As far as he was concerned he could relax slightly. The pleasure of finally having her in his arms far outweighed any other experience he had ever participated in.

Spike moaned into her mouth as he felt her tongue slide across his bottom lip, nipping at it with his own.

A bloke could get used to this.

Neither saw the spying eyes at the window.