Author's Chapter Notes:
and we now finally receive an explanation for the creepy stalker guy's motives....
Buffy awoke to the feeling of absolute comfort, two muscular arms cradling her in a warm embrace. She could feel the soft rise and fall of a chest behind her, coupled with the whisper of breath which rhythmically flew onto the back of her neck.

She yawned twice before peering behind her. Spike’s tousled bleached hair had broken free of its restraints and now hung like a crown, jutting off in various directions. None of the anger or violence which had darkened his features last night still remained. He was like a child.

Buffy gently untangled herself turning to face him completely as he snored softly. His chest seemed to be cut out of stone, each muscle clearly defined from the soft light which filtered in from a window. His skin was a pale alabaster, lack of a tan making him almost appear like a vampire. Even still, Buffy was drawn to his chest, one hand pushing him onto his back with a slow steady pressure.

Spike continued to snore, oblivious to anything in the room except for Buffy. One hand fidgeted for a moment, before blindly grasping for her body, only stopping when reaching her wrist. Content once more, his entire body settled into a rumbling hum, more like a purr then the awful sound her father had made. When Buffy had been little she could remember it echoing all the way down the hall to her room, keeping her wide awake far past her bedtime. They had eventually forced Hank to have an operation in order to get over the hack saw sound.

Keeping her hand on his sternum, Buffy leant over the Brit, noticing the peaceful expression his face took when asleep. Both eyes were closed, the long lashes framing his cheeks like a young boy. His lips jutted out in a childish pout and Buffy gave into temptation, brushing her mouth against them. She had been slightly shocked when first waking up in her underwear but then realised that Spike must have taken her to a safe house, where ever that was. She was both pleased and annoyed that Spike had not completely undressed himself, the man only taking off his shirt but not the tight black jeans which graced his narrow hips. They were clearly outlined in the bed, Buffy feeling slightly curious about the man who had so readily claimed her as his. She took her hand off of his chest, smiling at it dreamily before pulling the sheet down one inch at a time. Her entire body moved with its descent and she found herself quickly staring at Spike’s belt buckle and zipper. They barely seemed to cover him and Buffy wondered why he was so intent on wearing the tight pants. They looked almost painful with a noticeable bulge straining against the teeth. She reached one hand forward to rest lightly on his abdomen when she heard the groan.

He was awake.

Propping himself up on one elbow, Spike regarded the girl before him with amusement. He’d been awake for over a minute now and had been itching to just take her in his arms and kiss her. He’d done well so far in terms of self restraint until he felt Buffy make her way down his body. There was no way he would be able to control himself if she went near that area.

Smiling tenderly at her, Spike sat up with another groan. It physically hurt to be awake this early. “Hello cutie. Let me see your face.”

He reached out a hand towards her, feeling a wave of warmth course through him when Buffy leaned into his touch.

She was only dressed in a black bra and panties, the ensemble making Spike sweat in an attempt to rein in his hormones. Everything was screaming for him to make good on his claim and take her but he shouldered it back down. He wouldn’t put himself out on the line emotionally for women who wouldn’t return his emotions.

His fingers stroked her face for a few minutes before Spike decided that they needed to make an appearance down stairs. There was no way that Buffy would enjoy the poofter entering the sodding room and talking to them as they dressed. Wanker would probably enjoy it.

Buffy hopped off the bed, looking around on the floor before realising that she had nothing to wear. Lindsay had ripped her clothes to shreds in his attempt to rape her and left her in rags when Spike intervened.

“What should I wear?” she asked quietly, unsure of how to act around Spike in such a domestic setting. She had never spent the night in the arms of a boy much less a man such as Spike and was nervous of his place. What if he hated her now?

The chuckle and glimmer of mirth in Spike’s eyes staved off her fears.

“Look in that dresser over there pet. You’ll find some girly clothing that hopefully will suit you for now.” He strode over to the closet, revealing a rack full of mostly black clothing.

Buffy wasn’t surprised.

Not noticing her close inspection of his back, Spike pulled a navy shirt out of a messy pile, pulling it on in sure quick movements. Each muscle in his back flexed in slow motion causing Buffy to gulp.

He was more than she could ever have imagined.

She averted her face when she heard the audible pop of his top button and then zipper. Her relationships with the opposite sex had never gone far past second base and she was mildly curious about what he looked like.

You barely know him she admonished mentally. Buffy was embarrassed by her body’s reaction to him, which even now wanted to jump Spike and see what happened.

As though splitting in half, her mind decided to argue with her. He did kill a guy for you though and would have shot that Lindsay guy if you said. Spike already has proved that he cares for you.

Buffy sighed. She couldn’t believe that she was having this conversation.

Yeah, care being the important word. Spike has never said that he loves me or anything close to a commitment. Just a cave man grunt and proclamation that I’m his.

As if you don’t like it. Spike being possessive is what drew you to him in the first place. You always wondered what it would be like to have a guy care that much about you. Well now you do, so don’t screw it up!

Buffy shook her head. Just what she needed: advice from her subconscious. Maybe the stress was getting to her.

Pulling open the drawer with an audible screech Buffy dug into its contents. She had the awful feeling that some of them belonged to Angel’s many girlfriends, skipping the underwear with a look of distaste. Near the bottom of the heavy oak drawer she found a serviceable top with the words “Bite me” emblazoned across. It took only a few more minutes to find a skirt, the piece of fabric hiding what she hoped was most of her ass. If Cordelia ever finds out about this, I won’t have to kill Angel. She’ll strangle him with those girl’s underwear.

She swiftly dressed before sitting down on the bed. The blinds had been fully opened and sun streamed into the room. I wonder whether Joyce is worried she thought guiltily. I hope she hasn’t gone looking for me. Buffy peered down at her hands, the palms slightly bruised from bracing her fall. If she was completely honest about her mother, she knew that not only would the woman not be searching for her but would not even notice she was gone for another 36 hours. Joyce wasn’t all that concerned over anyone’s whereabouts except for Jim Bean’s.

She looked up to see Spike standing in front of her, a bowl of water and washcloth held carefully in his hands.

“I need to clean up those wounds before they get infected Buffy” he said gently, kneeling in front of her as he set a first aid kit down also. “We don’t want them getting infected.” He chuckled quietly for a moment in an attempt to relieve the mood, self conscious as Buffy stared at him. It hurt to look at her and know that it was his fault. That and the fact that those pillocks had gotten no where close to what they deserved.

His jaw ticked for a moment before reaching for her hands, bathing each one in the antiseptic solution and then bandaging them carefully. He paused for a moment, before setting the equipment on the bed, reaching for Buffy with one hand. “You’ll have to sit a little closer luv, if you want me to properly clean that nasty scrape. The tiny blond had sat quietly the whole time, gazing at him with something Spike swore could be affection. Then again he had thought that with Dru also and look where it got him.

Surprising him Buffy not only moved closer but sat in his lap, leaning into his chest with trust. Hazel green eyes connected with his before tears welled up, flowing down her cheeks. “I’m so sorry Spike.” Her voice broke for a moment before she clutched at his chest, needing him to comfort her. She hadn’t been held by anyone before him for several years.

“It’s alright pet… you didn’t know that his thugs were out there and I came in time didn’t I?” He cupped her chin, hating the sight of tear tracks on her face. Never bloody could stand a woman crying.

“But that’s not the point” she protested. “If I had just listened to you then-“

“Then you would have eventually run away regardless.” Spike smiled at her, brushing a thumb with chipped black nail polish underneath one eye. “Don’t ever be sorry for doing what feels right Buffy. At the end of the day all you have is your blood and the feeling in your gut. I wish you would’ve listened to me but perhaps now you’ll take more notice and realise that Parker is indeed a threat.”

She nodded, loving the pure reassurance he gave when one arm curled around her frame. “They’re looking for me you know.”

“Yeah” he replied gruffly. He didn’t want to spook her after last night’s events but didn’t know how to hide the truth successfully. “Parker must be getting sick of his bloody men and decided to come after a decent looking bird.”

He curled his tongue behind his teeth as Buffy shoved him playfully.

“Spike!”

“What? You were thinking the same thing.”

Buffy jutted out her bottom lip, knowing that a pout never failed to succeed. “You really think I’m only decent looking?” she asked coyly.


Spike stared at the protruding flesh like a man starved. “You know you’re bleeding gorgeous Summers” he whispered.

She smirked at him, wanting to rid them of any painful discussions about last night’s events. “I know I am, but you never say it… What am I supposed to think if you never tell me?” She erupted into a giggle as Spike’s self restraint broke, the Brit crashing his lips down on hers.

Pure heaven.

***

The silent figure which had watched captain peroxide and Buffy kiss crept slowly into the alleyway, scanning each direction. It would be incredibly difficult to answer any questions if any of the Aurelius gang caught him here. Lindsay, looking even worse than the night before when Spike had rubbed his face into the concrete, barely glanced in his direction.

“Come to finish me off then?” His tone was jovial even when staring what was almost certain death. So Spike had sent someone to do the job later after all. He braced himself for the impact before gasping in shock as the hooded man picked him up from the ground.

“Who are you?” he asked in amazement.

The man grinned for a moment, happy at this opportunity to finally meet with Parker. Cutting the duct tape which bound Lindsay he grasped the other man’s hand in greeting.

”I’m your boss’ ticket to Buffy Summers.