“Uncle, if you can hear me, Buffy wants to see Olympus,” Spike called out when the pair had returned to their hotel. He looked at Buffy. “You sure you want to do this now?”

Buffy nodded and said resolutely, “I’m sure. No time like the present, right?”

Spike smiled. “The many facets of Buffy Summers. You’re like a woman on a mission.”

“Yeah, I guess I am, huh? I just feel…different.”

“Happy?”

She nodded, “Happy…relaxed…dare I say, hopeful?”

“Oh? Care to elaborate on that?” Spike asked, settling down on the couch and pulling Buffy on his lap, wrapping his arms around her.

“Well, I mean, it’s so…refreshing and so…positive to see those whose work is to spread love around the world, to help people who feel alone to not be alone any longer. And it’s not just Eros, but you as well. I mean, it’s a rarity in this day and age to see those not all about the hook up, that they want to endorse love and not just sex.”

“Often times people tend to think that’s all that constitutes a relationship.”

“Exactly. And there are those that are so desperate to have someone love them or to love that they latch on to someone that is all wrong for them.” She held up her hand, “Guilty as charged.”

Pulling her down to his chest to cradle her close, Spike pressed a kiss to the top of her forehead, “But you’re over that now, right?”

“Obviously,” she giggled.

“And it’s not just because of where I came from…right?”

The uncertainty in his voice was something to behold. Spike always presented himself as having all the courage in the world, and now, with her, he was showing vulnerability and uncertainty of her. Who would have thought?

“Spike, you know that’s not it. Eros confirmed that that wasn’t the case himself! He knew we were meant for one another. She sat up and cupped his face in her hands. “Spike, from the very start, you had me. I was just too stubborn and too stupid and much too scared to admit it or see it.” Leaning in she Eskimo-kissed him. “I knew it, deep down I knew it.”

“Me too, kitten,” he told her huskily, claiming her lips in a hungry kiss. “The first time I laid eyes on you, you had me.”

Buffy fell into the kiss, surrendering herself completely to it and damn, but it felt wonderful to just let go and lose herself in him. Because she felt safe with him. She didn’t feel that fear that he would be taken from her, didn’t feel uncertain of her place with him—she was aware clearly of what he wanted from her – her love and understanding. Such a pure and honest request from an ardent heart such as his. How could she deny him?

Sure it helped to know the Gods stamped their love with approval, it certainly pushed things along for her, but she knew that even without that, she would have been his.

His hands slipped under her shirt and she pressed herself to him, wanting to feel his hands on hers, needing to feel him. He cupped her breasts in his hands flicked her nipples with his thumbs and she moaned, wrapping her arms around him and deepening the kiss.

“Excuse me?”

A voice came through her lusty haze and Buffy froze before pulling back. Spike moaned and tried to bring her back, but when Buffy saw Eros waiting for their attention across the room, she grabbed his hands from under her top and pulled them out and nodded in the direction of his uncle.

Spike cleared his throat and moved like quick fire to disengage Buffy, nearly dumping her on the floor in the process. “Sorry, uncle.”

Eros beamed, his wings fluttering. “Don’t apologize. You know how I enjoy fresh love.”

Spike grinned, “So you heard me then?”

Eros nodded, “I did.” He looked to Buffy, “You sure about this dear?”

“I am.”

Eros turned to Spike. “Come on up.”

“But--”

“Check the wings.”

Spike reached back and felt for his fluffy wings, smiling broadly when he found them. Looking down at Buffy he said, “I’m back in business, baby.”

********


The trip to Olympus was quite a strange one for Buffy. One second she was lifting from the Earth in Spike’s arms, his wings extended – in which she could not take her eyes off them, they really were beautiful to behold and especially on him. Wow, was all she could think.

And then, in a flash they were hurtling up and then suddenly just there. Peeping her eyes open, Buffy breathed, “Wow.”

“Do you like it, pet?”

It was breathtakingly beautiful. It was like every fantasy movie she’d seen with castles in the skies. Castles, homes—an entire civilization on puffy white clouds. It was gorgeous and amazing. The colors of everything seemed richer than anything she’d ever seen before –everything just sparkled and shone.

“It’s beautiful, Spike.”

“Thank you. Would you like to see where I live?”

She nodded, speechless.

Holding onto him tightly as he flew to his home – a long white marble mansion with black shutters and wide steps leading up to the gigantic front door. Settling them down on the steps, they walked hand in hand up to the door and it opened as if it knew who it was, and Buffy gasped when she saw the wide staircase a la Gone With the Wind before her, a rich red carpet leading up.

“Come on,” he whispered and took her up. On the first landing was a window that looked out into more homes and castles, and looking beyond all that, was a forest. She definitely felt the urge to check that out, wondering she’d be like Snow White making friends with the wildlife.

Winding up and around down a long hallway with large paintings decorating the walls of the hallway, Buffy couldn’t help but stare. From her readings on Greek Mythology she was impressed upon finding she could recognize some of the pictures.

Leading her into a room, Buffy was shocked once more when she saw Spike’s room.

“Spike, it’s so normal.”

He grinned. “What did you expect?”

“Not a regular room, I guess.” It was true; it was a room she could see anywhere, minus the size, which was probably the size of her entire apartment. The walls were red and cream striped; the furniture consisted of a king sized bed, a bureau, Anwar, a hope chest, an entertainment center and a full-length mirror. A bathroom was just off the bedroom, and from what she could see, there was a huge bathtub. Buffy was already getting ideas for that tub…

“So,” Buffy said, bouncing on her heels. “Now what?”

Just then the door burst open and in came Addie. Oh joy.

She wouldn’t even look at Buffy, but instead pointed her attention to Spike. “You brought her here?”

Spike sighed, “Yes, mother, I did.”

“Why?”

“I imagine to see where our son came from,” Giles said as he entered the room. Buffy smiled at him.

Addie just stuck her nose up in the air.

“Can we see that forest I saw out there?” Buffy asked, deciding the best way to deal with Spike’s mother was just to take charge on her own. The woman, she figured, would come around eventually when she figured out that Buffy was not out to hurt or take away her son.

Spike smiled, looking relieved to have a reprieve. “Sure, pet.”