Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you, thank you, thank you so much to everyone for reading and reviewing!!! :)
Spike blinked and stared at her. “What?”

“I don’t know for sure. I haven’t taken a test or anything, I took one with me cause I thought maybe I’d want to know before the wedding, but I didn’t take it yet and then with all that’s happened tonight, I figure I should tell you before I take it. I was going to take it and then tell you, but now I want to tell you before I take it.” She was rambling at that point, and didn’t care.

“My baby? Inside you?”

“Yeah, that’s where it’d be, inside me.”

“A baby?”

Buffy smiled, “Maybe. How do you feel about that?”

Her answer was Spike pushing her under him and peppering her face with kisses. “I’ll be honest, I wanted to wait for a couple years,” he told her through kisses, “But now that it could be happening, I couldn’t be more thrilled!”

“Will, stop.”

He stopped immediately and hovered above her. “Am I crushing you?

“No, it’s not that, it’s just that I don’t know for sure and I’m…I’m not ready.”

He rolled away and sat up and she followed suit. Sitting together on the bed, facing one another, Spike demanded, “Are you saying you’d get rid of it?”

“No! God no, I couldn’t do that to our baby, William. I’m just saying that I’m scared, Will. I just got a job and all and you remember how once upon a time you told me we’d figure it out if I was?”

“Yes, I remember.”

“Well, I need you to help me now.”

“Buffy, you’re not in this alone.”

“Are you going to go to work for me?”

“Buffy, there are ways--”

“What if they fire me?”

“They won’t.”

“You don’t know that.”

“You don’t know they will.”

“No, I don’t…but associates, as you know, work much harder than partners do to prove themselves. If I got pregnant now, they’d think I wasn’t serious and they could find some way to terminate me.”

“Then we sue if they do that, those bastards,” Spike growled.

Buffy smiled. “Honey, you can’t sue something like that if you can’t prove it.”

“Not the point. No one is going to fire my girl for having a baby!”

Buffy grinned and crawled to her knees, leaning in to kiss him sweetly. “I just love you.”

Grabbing her, Spike pulled her to him and lay down so that she fell on top of him. They arranged themselves comfortably, Buffy half on top of her soon to be husband, her head under his chin while he stroked her back in a comforting manner.

“Why didn’t you tell me when you thought you could be?”

“Will, you know I want to have your baby, right?”

“I think so.”

“I know it doesn’t seem like I do now, but I do. Just not right now. I didn’t tell you because I figured if I put it out of my mind, it wouldn’t be happening just yet. And I knew you’d get all excited and then if you knew I wasn’t quite ready…I’m sorry.”

He held her tighter and pressed a kiss to her forehead. “Don’t be. I understand. I mean, yeah, it hurts, but I get it. You’re not ready yet. Today I was thinking that I wasn’t ready yet either so it evens out.”

“And if I am--”

“Then we’ll figure it out. I promised you once we would if you were, and we will now if you are.”

“Thank you.”

“You’re not alone, Buffy. You have me right here by your side. I’m always on your side love. Even when you’re acting like a loon.”

Swatting him, she laughed and inched up, kissing him.

“Do you want to take the test now?”

Buffy bit her lip. “Tonight? After all that’s happened?”

“Best to get it over with and know, don’t you think? Come on. We weathered one storm tonight, we can certainly weather another, can’t we?”

Taking a deep breath, Buffy nodded. “Sure.”

“Okay, pet, let’s go then. Besides, the sooner we do this, the sooner I can make love to my girl.”

“You make love with your girl, William.”

“Yes dear.”

She giggled as she climbed off the bed and went for her suitcase. “I’m gonna have to get used to that term of endearment aren’t I?”

“If you want to call it an endearment,” Spike joked.

Buffy laughed and Spike once again marveled at how easy their banter was and how perfectly suited they were for one another. If someone had told him once upon a time that he’d have a soul mate, an idea that he had once upon a time scoffed at, and that he would find her in Buffy Summers, his best friends daughter that he had once deemed an airhead, he would have told them they were crazy. But, here she was, storming through and setting up camp in his heart and in his soul.

Buffy had never thought one of the biggest moments of her life would a) be coming before the other most important moment in her life and b) it would start out by peeing on a stick. But there it was.

Setting it down on the counter and washing her hands, Buffy refused to look at it. She was going to give it the full five and then deal with the outcome -- with Spike.

Coming out of the bathroom, she found him sitting on the edge of the bed, staring at the floor. Stepping forward, he looked up and held out his hand. She took it, wordlessly, and settled on his lap. He buried his face in her neck and she stroked the curls in his hair that were now springing forth.

“If you are…do you have a girls name you’ve had picked out since you were ten?” he asked.

Buffy smiled. “Tess. Have you thought of one?”

“Anne, after my mum.”

“I like that name. Anne Tess Madden-Summers.”

“Or Tess Anne Madden-Summers.”

“She’d be old school.”

“I like that.”

“Me too. And for a boy, William.”

“Nah…James.”

“I like that, but I want a little you.”

“Then I want a little you. Elizabeth Anne Madden-Summers.”

“That already is my name silly.”

“Then it’s perfect, isn’t it? And then we’d just have to make another one to get the Tess.”

“I think I’ll drop the Summers,” she told him quietly.

“Really? You don’t have to pet.”

“I think I should. Honey, it’s time.”

“Okay, pet. Go get it.”

Taking a deep breath, Buffy slid off his lap and walked in the bathroom to grab the test.

Spike sat stock still, waiting. He was both excited and scared, but sure that whatever the results were, they’d make it through. Watching her come back, he studied her, noticing a hint of sadness in her eyes. “Well?” he asked.