Buffy took a deep breath and shook her head. “I’m not pregnant. It was negative.”

Holding out his hand, she handed him the test. There was a line across it. “That means?”

“Minus sign; no adding on for us.”

“You all right?” he asked, looking up at her.

She nodded. “I’m all right.”

Cocking his head to the side, he studied her. “You’re upset.”

“I’m . . . upset.” Running a hand through her hair, she took the test from his hand. “I mean, I know we’re not exactly ready, or I’m not exactly ready, but talking about it with you?” she tossed the test in the small trash can next to her bureau. “I’m kind of disappointed. Talk about contradictory, right?”

Spike shook his head. “Come here, luv.”

Coming over to him, Buffy allowed herself to be swallowed once more in the safety of Spike’s arms.

Wrapping his arms around her as she sat on his lap, he brushed a kiss across her cheek. “No, luv, it’s normal. You’re not ready, yes, but the idea of having one together is still a good one, yes?”

“Yes, most definitely.”

“So it’s all right. It makes sense. Completely normal in fact. That just means that when we are ready, and it’s the right time, it’ll be joyful with a side of stress instead of stressful with a side of worry and joy.”

Buffy smiled and rested her head on his shoulder. “You always know the right thing to say.”

“Cause I’m the perfect man.”

Buffy snorted.

“Hey!”

“You’re not so perfect when you’re dumping wet towels on the floor in the morning for me to pick up.”

“Well, it’s just cause I like to see you bend over, luv.”

Buffy laughed. “And what is it about me doing the dishes you like?”

Spike chuckled. “When you get water on you and have to strip.”

Buffy giggled and then promptly yawned, burying her face in his neck. “I’m sleepy,” she pouted.

“It’s been a long day, kitten. What say we turn in for the night all right?”

“Okay,” and she slid off his lap. “Bath, first?”

He grinned, stood, and whipped off his shirt. “Like you have to ask.”

********


“I’m convinced Faith has it out for me,” Spike told Buffy later when they were settled in the warm bath, her back to his front and in between his legs.

Taking his hands and pressing hers against them, studying the size of his hands, the length and the lines in comparison to hers.

“I think Faith never got over her last love – Robin, was it?—and when she sees a problem in a relationship, she sees there could be some opening that someone might be as hurt and as bad off as she is.”

“Luv, that’s horrible. And she’s your friend?”

Buffy nodded, “She is. But I don’t think that she’s a horrible person for thinking that, it’s just she thinks the worst when it comes to relationships and men. It’s not that she really wants any of us to be hurt, it’s just that she wants to stop hurting. Sometimes I don’t think she can distinguish between the two. Faith just needs to be loved, and not necessarily in a relationship kind of way, but by us.”

Pressing a kiss to her temple, Spike murmured. “You’ve such a big heart, Buffy.”

Buffy shrugged. “I’ve just spent a lot of time with her and paid attention not to what she says, but what she doesn’t say.”

“Willow was on my side though, yeah?”

Buffy smiled and ducked their hands under the water, lolling her head back on William’s shoulder. “She was. She said that you look at me as if I’ve ‘hung the moon.’”

“Didn’t you?”

Buffy giggled, and reached up with one hand and brought his head down for a little kiss. Moaning happily, she whispered. “I think you hung it.”

“Then you hung the sun, for you are my light,” he whispered back.

Kissing as best they could in the position they were in, Spike’s hand wandered down her slick skin, over her belly and the curve of her hip to her womanly center and traced her nether lips with his finger.

Buffy gasped in the kiss and pulled back just slightly from his mouth.


“Like that?” Spike asked huskily.

She nodded, unable to speak now that his teasing finger had found her clit.

“Do something for me, Buffy,” Spike whispered, sliding his finger slowly inside her.

“What?” she breathed.

“Take your pleasure. Fuck yourself on my hand.”

His words dripped with husky naughtiness and Buffy moaned, placing her hand over his and pressing him harder against her center.

“Want another finger,” she murmured and he obliged with a groan of his own.

Rotating her hips, Buffy fucked herself on Spike’s fingers, her clit rubbing against his hand each time she moved.

“Spike,’” she gasped.

“Talk to me,’” he breathed.

“Oh…I’m going to…”

“Cum? You going to cum all over my hand?”

That did it. Buffy’s walls clamped down around Spike’s probing fingers and he kissed her to muffle her screams.

Coming down from her high in a daze, Buffy plopped her head back on Spike’s shoulder. “Wow.”

Spike chuckled. “Was it good for you?” he teased.

Maneuvering herself around so that she was kneeling between his legs now, she leaned in and kissed him, nibbling on his lips. “Mmm…yeah…and now…what about…you?” and she grasped his hardened cock in her hand under the water, stroking him up and down, up and down.

His eyes rolled and his head fell back, “Fuck…Buffy.”

“Do you want to?”

“What?” he muttered.

“Do you want to fuck Buffy?”

His eyes glittered with lust when he looked at her with hooded lids. “Yes.”

Smiling, Buffy stood and stepped out of the tub, grabbing a towel and wrapping herself in it. “Come and get me, then,” she said lightly and sauntered into the bedroom.

Spike sat there for a minute, not able to comprehend anything past ‘Buffy left the room’ and ‘Buffy stopped touching me’.

With a growl he got up, nearly slipping, grabbed a towel, and made fast work of drying off. Bounding into the bedroom, he found her in the middle of her bed, propped up on her elbows, causing her chest to jut forward and her long sleek legs crossed at the ankles in front of her. She wore nothing but a smile and Spike grinned, prowling to her slowly, climbing up like a panther from the foot of the bed until he was hovering above her.

Buffy spread her legs, giving him access and he laid between them, his cock nudging her folds. “Please…” she whispered and grasped him once again, guiding him inside her core.

In unison they let out a breathy moan and Spike pressed her into the bed. “Is this safe now, kitten?” he asked, praying that it was cause damn it all if he had to disengage himself from her.

“Yes, it’s fine,’” she gasped. “The window of that opportunity is gone. And I am still on the pill.”

He lurched forward then, embedding himself deeper and she hissed, “More.”

Spike was all too happy to oblige. Slowly they made love taking their time touching, kissing, caressing, whispering and cooing at one another. All the troubles of the day dissipated in their act of love and their sole focus became one another—as it most often was when they were together like this.

When their orgasms had crashed over them, waging a sneak attack on them, Buffy and Spike curled up in each other’s arm, tired and worn, but full of hope for their nuptials and their future.

“And you thought you wouldn’t be able to ravage me properly,” Buffy murmured before she drifted off and Spike chuckled, holding his soon-to-be-wife close.