The amount of times Buffy had seen William over the past three days was probably small enough that she could count it on one hand. Ever since Liam had come home early and found them watching soap operas together, William had withdrawn completely, refusing any real contact with either Buffy or his father.

It bothered her—for more than one reason. The obvious one was simply that she missed William. And not only because she was back on her own again. She missed him, missed his company specifically. She knew not just anyone would do when it came to chasing off her loneliness.

However, that was not what bothered her the most. The thought she couldn't seem to drive out of her mind in those long, empty hours was wondering what had gone on behind closed doors when Liam had led William off. She wanted to believe it was as simple and innocuous as both men had claimed, but a niggling feeling in the back of her mind telling Buffy it was otherwise wouldn't seem to go away.

If it was as they had said, then why had William retreated so far now? And why was Liam constantly in a foul mood, snapping at Buffy every time she opened her mouth—and sometimes when she didn't?

The tension level in the house was unbearably high, setting Buffy on edge. She felt ready to burst, the stress of simply breathing seeming to cause an unbearable strain.

It certainly hadn't helped matters when Liam had announced that morning that she was accompanying him to a cocktail party later in the evening.

If there was one thing about her marriage Buffy had never been happy with, it was attending things such as this with Liam. She always felt like an outsider, so clearly the one who didn't belong. The men leered at her, giving Liam knowing winks and praise for scoring someone so young and attractive, while the other wives glared at her, ostracizing her because she wasn't a true part of their social strata.

Her previous profession was juicy enough to be gossip, even if Liam had seen to it that the rumors were never confirmed. Yet rumors were given enough credence to be fact as far as those women were concerned, and Buffy had already been condemned in their eyes. She'd heard more than one of them call her a whore…

And on nights like this, she was inclined to agree with them, though not because she'd once taken her clothes of for money. No, it was their society that truly made her feel cheap. Liam would start the evening by parading her around, showing off the jewel on his arm, yet soon he would seem to forget all about her, leaving her alone so he could go make whatever sort of business connection had brought him there that evening.

She'd tried talking to him about it earlier in their marriage, but it had only gotten him angry. He'd told her she had to understand how the game was played, and that these sorts of events were important to his career. Later, when he'd found her crying, he'd sworn to her he didn't see her as nothing but a trophy wife, and he hadn't meant to make her feel that way. He told her it was a necessity to go to those parties, but he didn't like them either, and he'd try to remember how out of place she was at them from now and stop making her feel ignored.

He'd never kept that promise, and after a while, Buffy had had the sinking suspicion it had been anything but lip service in the first place.

Tonight, Buffy felt cheaper than ever, as the only kind words Liam had spoken to her in days were in front of these people. It felt more like a show than it ever had before, and it took all she had not to let them see her cry.

Instead, she found the bar.

By the time Liam came looking for her, Buffy had lost count of how many shots of tequila she'd had.

"Come on, it's getting late," Liam said tersely, unaware of his wife's inebriated state.

"Nope, I think I'll stay right here," Buffy said, not looking back at Liam. "Right here with…" She paused, leaning forward and squinting to read the bartender's name tag. "Javier. He's nice."

Javier hurried off to avoid the blow-up he saw coming, busying himself with washing glasses instead.

"Jesus Christ, Buffy, I leave you alone for a couple of hours and…"

Buffy spun around on the bar stool, her eyes flashing. "That's just it, Liam! You left me alone! I'm so sick of this! I'm alone all the fucking time!"

"Buffy, language," Liam said in a low growl.

"Oh yeah, can't let anyone hear me cursing!" Buffy yelled. "You don't want anymore gossip about your trashy, stripper wife!"

At her declaration, all eyes whipped around to look at the fighting couple, the room seeming to grow completely silent. Buffy turned, facing them head on. "That's right! I was a stripper! I danced around and took my clothes in front of drooling men off for money! And you know what—all of these men were there! Yeah, they were! Mrs. Garbison, give me that look all you want, but your husband paid my grocery bill with the money he stuck in my g-string!"

"That's it," Liam snapped, grabbing Buffy by the arm. "We're leaving now."

"But I don't want to leave," Buffy said, her chin raised defiantly. "For once, I'm actually having a good time."

"Yeah, well, I'm not," Liam replied, tightening his grip on her arm as he dragged Buffy out of the room. He stormed out to the valet, thrusting his ticket at the man, who quickly rushed to get Liam's car, sensing this was not a place he wanted to be for long.

"You just really fucking embarrassed me in there, Buffy," Liam said, spinning his wife around to face him.

"I don't care!" Buffy yelled. "I'm sick of this! I'm sick of you ignoring me, sick of you treating me this way. You…you don't even love me!"

Liam's hand flew back before Buffy realized what he was doing, and she gasped as the back of his hand smacked against her cheek.

Buffy blinked, the hand on the arm Liam wasn't holding on to coming up to stroke her face. She gaped, at a loss for words as her flesh began to sting. It had finally happened… Yet before she could find anything to say, the valet pulled up with the car and got out, tossing the keys back to Liam.

"Get in," Liam said, his voice emotionless.

With a nod, Buffy did as he said, remaining silent for the ride back home.

*** *** ***


"Get inside the house, Buffy."

Buffy looked between the house and her husband as he remained in the driver's seat of the car. "You're not coming in?" she asked, her voice small.

"I'm too angry to even look at you right now," Liam snapped. "I'm going into the office."

"But it's late…"

"Just get out of the damn car."

Buffy got out, tears welling in her eyes as Liam drove off. She thought it could've been all the alcohol still in her system, but the night seemed surreal, as if she were nothing more than trapped inside of a bad dream.

She walked up the steps and to the front door, fumbling with her keys for several moments before she was able to get inside. She stumbled on the tiles in the foyer, then kicked off her high heels, not caring where they landed.

Her bare feet padded towards the staircase, seeming to follow a path all their own. She didn't question how she ended up in William's room, nor why she stripped off her clothes before climbing into the bed with him.

Buffy dipped her hands beneath William's t-shirt, caressing the warm skin of his chest as she kissed and licked the column of his neck. He groaned in his sleep, his body arching instinctively towards her.

She reached into his sleep pants, pushing down the waistband to pull out his cock. It was soft, yet impressive anyway, and Buffy wanted to know how big she could make it…

Consequences the furthest thing from her mind, Buffy slipped down William's body, drawing his cock into her mouth. Above her, he moaned, and she took as much of it as she could, wrapping her perfectly-manicured hand around the bottom half.

William thrust into the warm cavern of her mouth as he began to wake, the pleasure intense as it pulled him from sleep. He frowned, confused by what was happening, until he opened his eyes and saw Buffy's head, illuminated by the pale moonlight as she moved between his legs.

"Buffy?" William asked, his voice groggy. "What…what are you doing?"

Buffy looked up, meeting his eyes, even as she continued to suck him off. She slid down further, swallowing around him, making him call her name and thrust his hips erratically before she released him and crawled up his body.

She put her lips against his ear, begging him in a husky voice. "William, please, touch me…let me… I'm so tired of being alone. Don't make me be alone tonight, please… Tell me it's all right."

William's thoughts were rushing through his head, yet he couldn't seem to make sense of any of them. It didn't seem real that this was happening, didn't seem like he could even be awake, and yet, he knew he was. He'd dreamt about a moment like this, about Buffy coming to him, wanting him, and yet, this was unlike any of those times. In his dreams, he was always confident, strong. He was always sure of what he wanted, certain of what to do.

Now, he was at a loss. Buffy's hand had moved back down to pump his erection, and he felt more nervous than anything else. Everything was off, and he found himself wishing Buffy wasn't there at all. His moment was here, his chance to be with the woman he wanted more than anything, and yet he wished he was still asleep.

"Please, William…" she begged again, his name followed by a choked sob. "I don't want to be alone anymore."

William swallowed, the desperation in Buffy's voice making up his mind for him. He wasn't naïve enough to see this ending well, but he couldn't deny her something she needed nevertheless.

With a nod, he gave her permission.

Buffy moved atop his body, straddling his hips before taking hold of his cock and guiding it into her. She cried out, flinging her head back as she began to ride him, and William gasped.

She was hot, tight, wet—better than he had even imagined.

The pleasure of Buffy surrounding him, her pussy gripping his cock as it slid out of her body, creating the most delicious friction he'd ever known, had William straining. He tightened his fists against his sides and clinched his teeth, fighting against his rapidly approaching climax.

It was a losing battle. Within moments of Buffy mounting him, William came with a strangled cry, shaking uncontrollably as he released inside of her.

Buffy felt him shoot and let out a frustrated sound somewhere between a wail and a sob before collapsing on his chest, trembling as his softening cock slipped from her body.

The room grew silent, the air heavy. William lay still, in shock over what had just happened. Disjointed thoughts bounced around in his head as he lay still with Buffy atop him.

Why did she do that?

What will Liam do to me?

Is she in love with me?

I'm not a virgin anymore.


He was pulled back to the moment by the sound of Buffy crying, and William wrapped his arms around her. He wasn't sure what to do now, if he even should try to comfort her, but he couldn't see a way not to. He stroked her back and hair, whispering soft, fragmented bits of comfort to her.

Eventually, Buffy fell asleep, still resting there on him.

William never did.

*** *** ***


Thank you for all the wonderful feedback I got on the last chapter. I really appreciated it. :)

Also, I wanted to take a moment to point out something a lot of readers seem to be missing. This is not "Angel." This is "Angelus." His name, as it has been given in the fic, is Liam Angelus. He's the evil version, folks.

Please review!