Reunions / Part 4

**********************

When Spike walked away from Willow and reentered his little room she stood there for several minutes not knowing what to say or think. *Joy? His daughter? What? How? When? Where? Who? What? How?* Thoughts tumbled through her mind so fast Willow couldn’t sort them out or put them together coherently. *Oh Goddess, this doesn’t make any sense! Spike has a daughter? He can’t! It’s not possible! Is it? ….. Wait. Wait. Connor. Angel has a son! But that was, was, special, wasn’t it? Two vampires, one with a soul, unborn child, Darla, killed herself, demon dimension, came back, ????? This doesn’t make any sense! Spike has a soul, right! Who is the mother? When did it happen? The girl, she’s six or seven, right? Was that why he never came back?* That thought shocked Willow like a bolt of lightening.

Willows thoughts were so frazzled that she couldn’t think straight. *Giles. I have to talk to Giles. I have to tell him about Spike! About the girl! I have to leave. NOW!!!* With that thought Willow started gathering up her things and signaled to Vi and the others to get ready to leave. Vi had been staying near the door, away from Spike, and the other girls had stayed close to her.

All of them had finally figured out who this Spike was, but none of them knew how that was possible. They had all heard the stories about how he was the ‘hero’ at the ‘Hellmouth’ and how he had sacrificed himself to save the world. How he had come back from the dead and died again fighting the demon army of the Wolfram & Hart Senior Partners. They had all heard the stories about Buffy and the ‘Ring’.

********************

As soon as they got back to the hotel Willow went straight to her room and got the special cell phone out of her suitcase. She checked the battery and saw that it was low. Not feeling that she could wait for it to recharge she set it down on the bed and started speaking a special chant she had worked out years ago when she was still working with Kennedy down in South America. It only took a few minutes and the phone was fully charged again. She knew that charging the phone this way was going to screw up the batteries and she would have to get new ones, but she didn’t really care at the moment. She picked up the phone and pushed the speed dial number and listened as the phone dialed Giles emergency number.

***********************

It was evening in London and most of the staff at the Council headquarters had left for the day. There was one young trainee Slayer and an elderly woman, who had once been a research assistant for the former Council, on duty to cover the phones and take messages. In the library there was a member of the Coven doing some research. There were two armed guards, one at the fortified entrance to the building and one in the security room monitoring the security cameras that monitored almost every room in the building. Almost every room. In one room, Giles office, there was no camera. Which was a very good thing because if the guard could see Giles at this moment he would have been convinced by Giles behavior that the end of the world was only moments away.

Giles was pacing the floor and wringing his hands almost constantly. He hadn’t shaved for days. His shirt was wrinkled and soiled from perspiration, he hadn’t changed it in two days. He hadn’t left his office since his conversation with Willow the day before, he was afraid to be away from his phone. The only thing he had eaten were a couple of soggy sandwiches that he had forced himself to choke down and countless cups of tea. His stomach was on fire, his head felt like it was going to explode, and his back hurt so badly that he couldn’t sit for longer that a few minutes.

Ever since he had received the call from Faith and Robin he had been in an elevated state of anxiety and nervous tension. Since his conversation with Willow the day before he had been in even a worst state. Sending Willow to Los Angeles had seemed like the only solution at the time. But ever since that call he had been doubting the wisdom of his decision. It was only a rumor, a friend of a friend thought he saw another friend. There wasn’t any proof that the rumor was true. But what if it was? What if Spike was alive? Where could he have been all this time? Why hadn’t he ever contacted them? The thousand and one why’s and what if’s were driving him mad.

But the one “What If” that was most important was the one that truly terrified him. What if Spike has lost his soul?

*****************

The sun was just setting and the light from it had that special glow that sometimes happens. When the tall young woman turned the corner the light caught her just right and she looked like a golden goddess. Her long brown hair caught the light and seemed to glow with an inner life of it‘s own. The tan slacks, white blouse and short red leather waist jacket caught the light at just the right moment and made her look like a pillar of fire. The smile on her sculpted face seemed to radiate the blessings of heaven down upon the earth.

As she walked down the street she moved with an ease of grace that made one think of a wild lioness or a professional dancer or a gold medal gymnast. There was no fear in her step, no hesitation. She moved as if she ruled the world and nothing had better get between her and her destination. Dawn had grown in many ways over the past eight years and she was now a beautiful and confident woman.

When she reached the security door she withdrew her security card from her purse and ran it through the scanner. The outer door opened and she stepped inside. She then places her right hand inside the palm print scanner and looked into the view finder for her retina scan while she spoke into the little grill for voice recognition. The second door opened and Dawn stepped inside the foyer and presented her security card to the guard through the little slot in the bullet proof window. The guard ran the card through a scanner, checked the computer screen that showed the results of her palm, retina and voice scans and a current picture of her face. He then slid the security card back out of the slot in the window and only then pressed a button that slid open a wood covered steel door that permitted entrance to the rest of the Council building. Never again would an enemy of the Council gain entrance to their headquarters.

Dawn walked down the short hallway, her high heeled shoes clicking on the parquet floor. When she got to the elevator she used her security card to open it. She then slid the card into a slot and pressed the button for the sixth floor. Only people with a certain level of security were allowed on certain floors. Dawns level of clearance allowed her to go anywhere in the building she wanted to go. When she left the elevator she walked quickly down the hall to Giles office. His secretary was gone for the night, so Dawn tapped in the code that unlocked his office door and entered without knocking. On seeing Giles she realized that she should have come earlier.

“Da, Daw, Dawn! What are yo …you do … doing here?” Giles stuttered out. Giles level of stress and his utter exhaustion made his normal impeccable pronunciation evaporate completely.

“I’m here to see you, you big doofus” Dawn said as she walked across the room to stand before Giles. “You look like you died a week ago and no one’s told you yet.”

“I re … realize that I’m a b … b … bit of a shambles right now. Bu … but i … it’s only tem … temporary, I a … assu … assure you.” he stuttered out.

“Giles sit down before you fall down. You look like hell. I’m not kidding.” Dawn said with deep concern in her voice.

“I ca … can’t. My ba … back is killing me. If I si …sit down i … it hurts even worst” Giles said as he leaned heavily against his desk.

Dawn looked Giles over and could see that he wasn’t kidding and that he was in a lot of pain. She could also see that he was going to collapse soon if he didn’t get help soon. “Okay, lay down on the floor.” Dawn said as she laid her purse down on his desk and removed her jacket.

“Wh … what are y …y … you talking about” Giles said with a tone of total perplexity in his voice, even with the stutter.

“Lay. Down. On. The. Floor. I’m going to fix your back.” Dawn replied calmly as she took off her high heeled shoes.

Once Giles understood what Dawn wanted him to do he started to protest, but a twinge of excruciating pain stabbed through him at that very moment and robbed him of any thoughts of refusing relief. The biggest problem that he could see at the moment was how he was going to get down to the floor without fainting. Dawn came to his rescue and helped him get down to his knees.

When Dawn stepped back from him and started taking off her pants Giles nearly had a heart attack. “Wh … what in the world d … do you think y … you are doing?” he asked indignantly.

Dawn looked a Giles as if she were dealing with someone who couldn’t understand words longer than two syllables. “Giles, these pants cost $150 and the blouse was over $80. I’m not going to mess them up getting down on your dirty floor.” As she was saying this she stepped out of her pants and laid them across a chair. She then started unbuttoning her blouse.

“Bu … but t … the floors n … not dirty” Giles said in response as his eyes widened as Dawn removed her blouse and hung it over the back of the chair.

Dawn stood before him as he knelt on the floor in her snow white bikini panties and a white lace bra that seemed to barely cover her breast. Dawn gave Giles a wicked little grin and did a slow pirouette directly in front of him. She then stood in front of him with her hands on her hips and a smirk on her face. “What are you getting so excited about? You’ve seen me in a bikini before, lots of times.”

“Bu … but that’s not a b ..bi … bikini. Your in your un … under … underwear.” Giles said plaintively as his eyes refused to look away from Dawn.

A young girlish giggle escaped from Dawn as she lifted her hands up and gathered her hair, twisting it into a loose bun and used two sharpened pencils from Giles desk to stab through the mass of hair and hold it in place. She then knelt down in front of Giles and started pulling at his shirt to pull it out of his pants as she unbuttoned it. Giles was in such a state by this time he could only let her do whatever she was going to do. When she had his shirt completely unbuttoned she started pulling at it and forced Giles to take it off. Giles was also wearing an undershirt and Dawn started pulling at it, forcing Giles to raise his arms so that she could pull it up and over his head.

Giles had passed his prime a number of years ago, but for a man of fifty he was actually in pretty good shape. He worked out at home fairly often and still did some training with the younger slayers occasionally. Granted, compared to a slayer or a super human vampire or demon he might appear clumsy or weak, but to the average man or woman on the street his physique was fairly impressive. Dawn was impressed anyway. Looking at Giles and comparing him to a number of young men less than half his age who weren’t half as fit made her reconsider some of her recent dating choices.

When Dawn reached down and started to unbuckle Giles belt he grabbed both of her hands and pulled them away immediately. “Just what in blazes do you think your doing now?” Giles gasped out, the stutter totally gone for the moment.

Dawn sat back on her heels and looking at Giles. “I have to be able to get at your lower back if I’m going to do you any good at all. I don’t want to have to fight with your belt while I’m trying to do that. If you don’t want me to do it you can do it yourself. Undo your pants and slip them down off your hips while your at it. I’m trying to help you Giles, I’m not trying to rape you.”

Giles feeling a bit of a fool unbuckled his belt and pulled it free of his pants. He then moved a couple of feet from his desk, unbuttoned and half unzipped his pants and pushed them down from his hips. He immediately tried to lay down on his stomach but a searing pain in his back froze him in position on his hands and knees. Dawn moved over next to him on her knees and pressing herself against him bent over his back, wrapped her arms around him with her hands on his chest and supported him while he lowered himself to the floor. She looked around and seeing a small pillow on the couch across the room she got up and brought it over to Giles so that he could rest the side of his face on it.

Dawn then went to her purse and opening it she pulled out a tube of moisturizing cream. It wouldn’t be the best thing for a message and at $18 a tube it wouldn’t be the cheapest, but it was all she had to work with right now. But at least when she finished Giles was going to smell really pretty. Dawn moved behind Giles preparing to straddle his legs and hips while she gave him the message. She could have done it from the side if she wanted to, but she always felt she got better leverage this way. When she saw that Giles still had his shoes on she pulled them off to make him more comfortable. She then straddled his legs and lowered herself down so that her legs and thighs were framing his hips and buttocks. Giles grunted a couple of times in pain as she adjusted her position and she felt bad that she had hurt him, but she knew that pretty soon she would be making him feel a lot better.

For the next forty-five minutes Dawn worked on Giles back, upper and lower. She used up the entire tube of moisturizing cream and as she figured it would it absorbed into his skin and didn’t give her quite the slip and slide she would have preferred when giving a message, but it did the job. At one point while working on his lower back she pulled at his pants to get them a little lower on his hips and realized that Giles was wearing bikini briefs. *You sexy old dog* she thought to herself and then realized that Giles *really was a sexy man*.

By the time she ran out of cream the muscles in Giles back had totally relaxed and he wasn’t in any pain anymore. In fact he had become so relaxed he had almost fallen asleep twice. Dawn decided to have a little fun for herself and leaning over Giles with her hands to each side of his shoulders she pulled herself up his body so that her legs and thighs now framed his upper body instead of his hips. Raising herself up on her hands for the balance she needed she started using her legs and thighs to message his sides and waist. Giles started making sounds that almost sounded like a purr.
Ring ….. Ring ….

When the phone started ringing Giles moved so quickly that he flipped Dawn off his back and on to the floor. He was up on his feet and answering the phone before it could ring a third time.

****************