Reunions / Part 6

********************

When Willow hung up the phone, Giles pressed the button to deactivate the speaker phone. He then looked a Dawn and said seriously “Are you sure about this? When I finally tell Buffy, hell is going to break loose. When she finds out that you and Willow both knew before her and that your both already in Los Angeles, some of that hell is going to come your way.”

“I’m sure. I’m going. Spike will talk to me, I know he will” Dawn said in her most convincing tone of voice as she started walking toward the door.

“Well, if your sure” Giles said with a slight tone of humor in his voice. “But I think you should put your cloths back on first. Before you go home anyway.”

Dawn looked down at herself, barefoot and in nothing but bra and panties and started to giggle. Dawn seldom ‘giggled’ anymore, but sometimes she did and she sounded just like she did when she was fourteen in Sunnydale. “Your probably right” she replied “and that goes for you too.”

Giles grinned at his own half naked state and while Dawn was slipping on her pants he pulled his own up. It didn’t take long and they were both fully dressed again. The decision was made that Giles would drive Dawn home so she could get packed. She would drive her own car to the airport in the morning and leave it there. Giles would go home and get some sleep. There wasn’t any use in him staying at the office any longer, Willow couldn’t possibly call again before the next day and he freely admitted that he was exhausted. Before leaving his office Dawn called the airport and booked her flight and paid for it with her Gold Card number.

********************

When Willow entered the living room all the girls were sitting together talking quietly. They stopped as soon as she came into the room. Willow smiled at them rather sheepishly. “Look, you all know what the big secret is now, Spikes alive. What you don’t know is that we haven’t figured out how to tell Buffy that he’s alive. Or why he’s never called her, or a hundred other why’s. I’m asking all of you to keep this knowledge a secret for a little while longer. It really wouldn’t be a good idea for Buffy to find out about Spike, from anyone, before we get some of those why’s answered.”

“No problem Will” Vi said for the group. “We’ve been talking about it ourselves and we already decided between us not to tell anyone else until you say it’s okay.”

“Thank guys” Willow told them sincerely. “Now I’ve got a new job for all of you. Were going to make a list and then go out and do something that women have always done best. Go shopping and spend lots of money.”

*******************

Nine hours later all of the girls were gathered back in the living room. Sara had been sent out on her own to buy a used, but still good van. She had gone to a half dozen car lots before she found one that was good enough. Because of the Gold Cards she had the van parked in the back parking lot and the ‘pink slip’ in her pocket. The other girls and Willow had gone off in four different directions. Each with a long list of things to buy. Some of the things they were able to bring back with them, others needed to be picked up before the stores closed for the day. When they went through their lists again they found that they had been able to find and purchase most of the things they had wanted. Sara left with Ruth and Vi with Nicky using the rental car and the van to pick up the purchases that were still at the stores. Willow made some calls while they were gone and arranged for a few other things that they would pick up later in the evening just before going to Spike’s warehouse.

At 10:30 they started carrying those things that they had bought and brought back to their rooms down to the van and the car. The car was filled to maximum capacity and the van was almost just as full. Willow got in the car with Vi, Ruth and Nicky got into the van with Sara. Vi led the way to where Willow instructed and they pulled up at a pizza place at 11:15. Twenty hot fresh pizza’s and three cases of cold soda were waiting for them at the backdoor and they loaded them all into the van. Willow paid the owner of the pizza place and gave him a nice tip. She told him that if things worked out for her and her friends they might be doing a lot of business with him in the future.

From the pizza place to Spikes warehouse was only a five minute drive. Sara was the expert and kept her eyes open to make sure that they were not being followed by anyone.
Willow used a seeker spell to detect if any vampires or demons were in the area. When Sara turned down the alley she shut her head lights off and drove to the warehouse without them. Vi just followed behind her as close as she could do safely. When Sara got to the warehouse, which was completely dark and looked abandoned. Sara tapped her brake to warn Vi and turned into the truck bay and kept on driving on into the warehouse. Once she was well inside the warehouse she turned on her parking lights which gave her just enough light to drive through the warehouse without running into a wall. Vi stayed right behind her all the way. When they got as close as Sara could drive to the stairs leading down to the passageway to Spikes living area they parked the car and van and shut off the engines. Vi stayed in the car, Sara, Ruth and Nicky stayed in the van. Willow was the only one to get out of either vehicle.

Willow moved around in front of the car and sat down on the floor. She pulled a small packet out of her pocket and within a few seconds had a glowing ball of light sitting in her lap. The light wasn’t very bright, but it was enough to show that Willow was unarmed and non-threatening. It was at least five minutes before Willow heard any sounds, but when she did they were all around her, the car and the van. It was a couple more minutes before she heard the hard heels of Spikes boots coming toward her.
When Spike finally got close enough for Willow to see him in the dim light of the glowing ball he stopped. He looked at her sharply and scanned the car and the van also. He stepped a few feet closer and said in a low voice, “Can you make that any brighter?”

Willow nodded her head and the glowing ball floated up into the air from her lap and got brighter. Willow could see immediately that here were at least thirty of the kids, none of the really young ones, surrounding her, the car and the van and they all had weapons in their hands. Three of the closest ones to her had crossbows that were pointed at her.

“What are you doing here Red?” Spike asked in a flat tone of voice. “You trying to lead someone to us?”

“We were careful Spike” Willow responded calmly. “No one followed us, were certain of that much. I was searching the whole area with magic and there isn’t a vampire or demon within a mile of here, except for you, and I can’t detect you anyway unless you let me.”

Spike seemed to relax a little, but asked “Then what are you here for, I didn’t invite you back now, did I?”

“No, you didn’t. But someone not wanting ’you’ around never stopped you from going where you wanted to go. So tonight I’m going to ‘Be like Spike‘.” Willow responded and then grinned at him.

Spike stood there for a moment and then grinned back at her. He walked over and offered her his hand. Willow took his hand and stood up. “Alright pet, you got me on that one, this time. But why are you here?” Spike asked again.

“Well actually, we came for a party. Can the girls get out of the van? Please!” Willow asked politely.

Spike studied her for a few moments, grinned again and nodded at two of the boys closest to him. The boys lowered their weapons and Willow could see that the others that were surrounding them were lowering their weapons also. Willow waved her hand at Sara and the side door of the van slid open. As soon as it opened the smell of still warm pizza started spreading through the area. She saw several of the younger teenagers looking at each other and move a few feet closer to the van before they stopped themselves.

Spike grinned at Willow again and asked casually “You trying to bribe my army pet? It’ll take more than a couple pizza’s.”

“How about twenty pizza’s, five different kinds and three cases of cold soda, three different kinds” Willow said impudently with a big smile on her face.

Spike smiled back at her and said loud enough for the kids to hear him “Yeah, I think they can be bought for that much, this time.”

As soon as he said this Vi got out of the car and opened one of the backdoors and then opened the trunk. Sara started waving some of the boys over to her and handing them cases of soda. Ruth started handing others stacks of pizza. Nicky got out of the van and opened the backdoors on it.

“There are some other things in the car and van they can have too, if it’s okay with you.” Willow told him. “In fact everything but the girls personal weapons and the car, it’s a rental, is yours if you want it.”

As Willow finished saying this Sara walked up to Spike. “The tanks full and the engine is good, the tires are new and the title is in here” Sara said as she held out the envelope and the keys. “The license plates are ordered and I can bring them to you next week or you can send someone to get them yourself. The van is registered to ‘Willow Tree Deliveries’ at a legal address, same as the plates. All you need is someone who can drive it.”

Spike looked at Sara and then at Willow and then over at the van. He hesitated for several long moment and then accepted the keys and envelope from Sara. He turned immediately to one of the older boys and tossed him the keys. “The vans ours, everything but the weapons. Everything but the weapons in the car is ours too. Get it all unloaded fast and hide the van where it’ll be safe.” The boy signaled to a half dozen other boys and they all started pulling things out of the car and stuffing them into the van. When the car was empty the boys ran off into the dark and the boy Spike had given the keys to drove it away into the dark without turning on it’s lights.

All of the girls had their personal weapons in their hands and Vi was holding Willows ‘magic bag‘. Spike walked over to Vi and getting right down in her face he morphed into vampire mode. Vi let a small “eep” escape and closed her eyes. Spike let himself morph back to human form and laughed. He then wrapped one arm around Vi’s shoulder and said “I’ve really missed you, love. I haven’t had a Slayer for dinner in years.” When Vi “eeped” again, Spike started laughing and led her away toward the back of the warehouse. Willow, Sara, Ruth and Nicky followed behind him.

By the time they got to the big room where Spike and the kids lived, all but the older kids were already sitting around the stacks of pizza’s eating. Everyone had a soda and everyone was smiling and seemed happy. Willow wondered why the older kids weren’t eating too. When the boy who had driven the van away and the boys who went with him came through the door carrying bags and boxes of things, two of the older boys slid the big steel door shut and barred it locked. Willow saw then that the other boys relaxed and started walking over to the boxes of pizza and soda to get their share. She then understood that the older boys were like soldiers, until the door was locked and they were all safe, they had to remain on guard duty. It also reminded Willow of who and what these young boys and girls were guarding against, vampires, demons and other assorted things in the night.

*****************