Author's Chapter Notes:
Im going on holdiay this weekend and wont be back till tuesday so i thought i'd post this before i go
7 days. 7 days since his last disastrous conversation with Buffy and here he was outside her apartment staring at the door biting his lip. She hadn’t come to school the day after and so Spike had gone to the shelter to see her but they said she had left the day before. Spike had been worried sick since panicking over what she might be going through. So he had found out her address and here he was.

Oh god here goes.

*Knock Knock*

“Come in!” A harsh voice yelled form inside and Spike pushed the door open cautiously. Walking into what he assumed was the living room. A middle aged man sat in a battered arm chair facing the TV Beer cans littered around him. It was clear this man was Buffy father he had her eyes but Spike couldn’t help but almost gag when he took him in. his gut hung over the waistband of his jeans showing just how much this man drank. His white tank top was stained yellow probably from sweat and Spike was seriously worried by a few flecks of red that stained his shirt.

Oh hell it looks like blood!

“Who the hell are you?!” Hank barked looking at the boy in front of him.
“Im a friend of Buffy’s…is she here?” Spike asked looking around the room as if expecting to see her standing there.
“Yeah right a friend. She’s in her room down the hall still hasn’t fucking moved in a week. Nothing fucking wrong with her I tell ya…though you might want to be a little gentler with her today.” He laughed at the young man. Spike nodded swallowing a lump in his throat at the way the man spoke about his daughter.

Please be alright luv

Spike walked down the hall and to a door he pushed it open gently and gasped when he saw her.

Oh my god!

Buffy lay on her bed mostly bare except for a thin white sheet that was rumpled around her middle only covering her most intimate parts the rest of her however…
Spike felt tears well up in his eyes when he took in the state of Buffy’s body. There were bright red welts covering her from head to toe. They looked so raw it was amazing she could even sleep. He saw the bruises and cuts on her face also and gasped when he saw the teeth marks littering her breasts. None had broken the skin but there were marks that he could clearly make out.

I have to get her out of here.

“Buffy. Buffy.” Spike said tearfully desperately trying to wake her up. When she didn’t respond Spike panicked even more. He pulled out his cell phone and dialled his mother’s cell phone number.
“Hello William im glad you called can you bring home some bread rolls for din-”
“Mum!” Spike interrupted unable to stop the sob that leaked out.
“Will…what’s the matter honey? Where are you?” Jenny asked hearing the absolute desperation in her son’s voice and getting scared herself. Giles looked up from dicing the carrots and looked at his wife curiously
“I'm at Buffy’s! Oh god mum I…she’s hurt…I…what should I do?” Spike choked into the phone not tearing his eyes away from Buffy.

“What’s the matter is she okay?” Jenny asked worriedly feeling her heart jump into her throat.
“Her dad…he always hurts her but…I …I need to take her to hospital.” Spike told his mother moving closer to Buffy.
“Honey me and Giles will come get you where does she live?” Jenny asked running for her keys Giles following knowing something was terribly wrong.
“Crawford Street. Hurry.” Spike rushed snapping the phone shut.

He laid a hand on Buffy’s shoulder pushing her trying to get her to wake up.
“Come on luv…please wake up.” Spike begged.
One of Buffy’s eyes fluttered open to look at Spike her left one was caked in with blood and wouldn’t open.
“S…Sp..Spike?” Buffy croaked out staring at Spike in wonder.
“Are you real?” Buffy asked desperately. A single tear making its way down her face.
“I'm real pet. Come on we got to get you out of here luv.” Spike said to her trying to lift her up without hurting her.
“I don’t have anywhere else to go.” Buffy whispered brokenly.
Spike stared down at her not sure what to say. She was 17 so he wasn’t sure whether they would put her in care or not

Surely it isn’t long till she’s 18.

“Pet we have to take you to the hospital from there I don’t know.” Spike answered truthfully wrapping her in the white sheet before lifting her up gently. Her whimper of pain made him feel like crying but he couldn’t help it he had to get her out of here. He carried her down the hall and out the door with out her father even noticing. Spike had just stepped foot out onto the street when his fathers car pulled up in front of him with his mum at the wheel.
“Oh my Spike quick get her in.” jenny cried at the sight of Buffy.

Giles wiped his glasses unable to comprehend how someone could do that to their child.
“I’ll be right back.” Giles whispered coldly reaching for the door handle.
“No! Rupert this isn’t the time we need to get her to hospital.” Jenny reasoned pulling off before he had the chance to get out anyway. They sped off to the hospital Jenny watching in the mirror as Spike cradled Buffy’s head to his chest whispering nonsense to her with tears streaming down his face while she stared up at him as if he was a dream.

I knew it.

Jenny thought as she sped along to the hospital.


“Mrs Giles?” A doctor questioned looking at Jenny.
“Yes that’s me. This is my son and this is my husband Rupert. How is she?” Jenny asked desperate to know how the poor girl was doing.
“I'm sorry first I must know your relationship with Miss Summers.” The doctor smiled at them encouragingly.

“Well I was sort of a friend for her when she came to stay at the shelter I own but Spike knows her best…he's her boyfriend.” She said knowing they would only tell them if they had a better connection than her just running a shelter she stayed at. Spike shot her a look but didn’t day anything.
“Well Miss Summers is awake and she seems to be doing fine. The cuts and welts on her seem to have been caused by a belt I suspect and she has some minor cuts and bruises to her face that should heal to problem. She was however severely dehydrated when she was brought in and we’re treating her for that at the moment however there are some other…internal injuries I suppose.” The doctor stated a little uncomfortably.

“There has been some tearing to her…vaginal passage which clearly points to some sort of sexual assault. We didn’t find any semen but the assailant may have worn a condom.” The doctor said sadly feeling deeply sorry for the young girl. The look on the faces of the three people in front of him spoke volumes how much they cared for the girl and he felt immensely sorry.

“Thank you doctor.” Giles sighed nodding at the doctor.
“Im afraid that isn’t all…” the doctor trailed off.
“Were you aware that Miss Summers is pregnant? It is very early no more than 3 weeks...” The doctor informed them taking in the shocked faces he knew they didn’t know.

“She is up for visitors but only one at a time for now.” He informed them before walking away from them.
“The poor poor girl.” Giles shook his head sadly.
“I know…” Jenny trailed off sadly.
Spike didn’t say anything. He sat there in shock. He was unbelievably happy that Buffy was going to be okay but…pregnant? 3 weeks?

That’s around the same time we had sex for the first time by the bar.

Oh god.