Author's Chapter Notes:
keep on reviewing guys:D it gives me sumthing to read lol
Buffy stayed at home for another two weeks before returning to school. She was really nervous about facing everyone in school knowing they would all be gossiping. That and she really didn’t want to bump into Xander.
On Monday Buffy was awakened for school with a knock on her door and a quick shout of Buffy which was a big difference to the punch in the face she usually had. Buffy showered and got dressed in the clothes that Jenny and Giles had bought for her. Worrying about how good they were to her. She didn’t deserve it.

She was halfway down the stairs when she felt her stomach do a flip flop and she bolted back up the stairs running into the bathroom and throwing up in the toilet not even noticing Spike who was standing behind her doing his hair in the mirror. He watched horrified as he saw Buffy wretch up all of last night’s food unable to do anything but stare at her.

He snapped out of it however when he heard her pitiful whimper. He knelt down behind her holding her hair back and out of her face. Buffy looked up and smiled softly when she realised it was Spike. She was about to say thank you when she felt something coming up again and buried her head back down the toilet while Spike rubbed soothing circles on her back whispering in her ear a load of nonsense trying to calm her.

Jenny walked past the door with Giles when they both stopped hearing the sound of someone gagging in the bathroom they both peeked in to see Buffy bent over the toilet Spike behind her holding her hair and rubbing her back gently. They quickly backed out leaving them both alone.
Jenny looked at Giles obviously enquiring into what Giles was thinking.
“He loves her.” Giles stated simply staring up the stairs.
“You think so too huh?” Jenny smiled wryly.
“What are we going to do I mean he's going to get hurt. She’s carrying someone else baby for Christ sake…and not to mention how different they are I mean sure Buffy’s a lovely girl I'm even starting to love the girl but she’s nothing like William.” Giles sighed not sure what to think.
Jenny just smiled at him knowingly before starting breakfast.



Buffy slung her bag over her shoulder and was stepping out the door when Spike came up behind her and put a hand on her arm.
“You wanna lift?” Spike asked.
“With you?” Buffy asked in shock.
“Well yeah…friends now remember.” Spike nodded at her before leading her to his Desoto in the driveway.
“So…we’re friends…to everyone in school too. I mean their going to see you drop me off.” Buffy said to him after 5 minutes of silence.

“I know. Everyone knows your living with me now pet anyway so no point ignoring each other in the halls.” Spike shrugged glancing out the window.
“Oh…” Buffy trailed off not sure what to say.
“You should prepare yourself pet. I mean Xander. I’m thinking he’s going to be a bit upset with you so if he does or says anything to you let me know all right and I’ll introduce my fist to his face.” Spike growled his knuckles turning white as he gripped the steering wheel.

“Does anyone know about…you know…me being pregnant?” Buffy asked looking at Spike for some sort of reaction. She saw his jaw clench and a sad look fill his eyes and she knew he at least cared a little bit.

Give him some time….maybe he’ll come around.

“No. No one knows that luv.” Spike sighed looking her dead in the eyes for the first time today and giving her a little sad smile.

Spike pulled up in the student car park and pulled himself out of the car ignoring the stares of everyone around him as Buffy got out of the passenger side. She however felt each and every stare. People had mostly ignored her for years even when she came in covered in bruises no one looked and here they were all staring at her as if she had two heads because she had gotten out of Spike Giles car.
“We’re a little early. I'm going to go meet some friends I’ll drive you home after school okay. Meet me here.” Spike spoke to her before giving her little wave and trotting off to find his friends.

I can’t take seeing that hopeful look in her eyes all the damn time. God im such a prick! Sodden asshole coward

Buffy walked into the school building and immediately saw Willow and Faith running towards her. Both girls threw themselves at her in a tight bear hug.
“Oh my god Buffy are you okay?”
“We heard. What a rat bastard!”
They both spoke at the same time giving their friend a glance over as if expecting her to have some wound or something.
“Guys im good…as if people weren’t staring enough now their staring harder.” Buffy grimaced staring at a little nerd boy who was staring at her causing him to run in the other direction.

“I can’t believe Xanders dad! Buffy you should have told us! Did Xander…” Willow stopped shivering slightly at the thought of the boy who she thought she was in love with.
“He didn’t hurt me Will…but the only reason he and I…you know was because he would tell his dad if I didn’t.” Buffy sighed.

“Buff im so sorry!” Willow all but cried throwing her arms around her.
“Hey im good it's Buffy remember im hard!” Buffy smiled jokingly.

The bell rang and Buffy went to walk off to class.
“Wow wait a minute this is the first time we’ve seen you since all this shit went down. We want to know everything Buff come on let’s skip this and go talk.” Faith asked beginning to walk out expecting the blonde to follow.
“I can’t Faith. You’ll have to wait till lunch.” Buffy apologised.
“Huh why not?” Willow asked confused. Willow was unbelievably clever and aced every exam but she still hated school and skipped a lot of the classes. And until now so had Buffy without question.

“Look guys im staying with Jenny and Rupert Giles now…It’s going to sound weird but I don’t want to disappoint them. The SAT’s are in a month and I want to at least attempt to do well.” Buffy shrugged giving her friends pleading looks wanting them to understand. Willow nodded smiling at her friend While Faith sighed and shook her head.
“Damn you’re changing already! Ah well lets get to classes then girls.” Faith laughed running down the hall pretending to be eager to get to class Willow and Buffy following laughing at her the entire way.


“So…” Parker started looking at Spike expectantly.
“So what?” Spike asked playing dumb; he was really not up to answering a bunch of questions about Buffy.
“So what?! Come on dude everyone’s talking about it…what happened her dad hit her huh? Harsh.” Parker laughed which made Spike eyes narrow. He gripped his fork trying not to lash out.

“So she’s living with you now?... You getting any?” Parker asked not noticing the anger boiling in Spike’s eyes. Spike was just about to raise his fist when Angel interrupted.
“Parker you’re a fucking pig shut up. Seriously Spike how is she?” Angel asked sincerely. Ever since he heard about what happened to her Angel had been wracked with guilt over treating her so badly in the past. All that time he made jokes about her being a whore and how she was beneath him she was being beaten up by her dad and passed around to his friends.

“She’s good.” Spike answered simply still not fully in charge of his anger.
Angel noticed this and decided to let the topic drop when he saw Parker smirk and open his mouth to say something else Angel shot him a warning glare before beginning to eat his food again.


“Hey pet. How’s your day been?” Spike asked meeting her by his car and opening the door to let her in his simple gesture making her blush.
“It was okay, good actually…but Xander weren’t there so I’ll hold my opinion till he shows.” Buffy sighed settling into the leather seats as Spike started the car in the direction of his house.

“Buffy.” Jenny called as soon as Buffy stepped through the door causing Buffy to send a panicked look at Spike. He frowned down at her wondering why she looked so scared. She walked into the kitchen slowly and looked at Jenny fearfully, actually flinching when Jenny walked towards her. Both Spike and Jenny saw it and immediately realised why Buffy was so scared.

“You haven’t done anything wrong Buffy.” Jenny smiled reassuringly at Buffy watching as the tension leaked from the girl in front of her.
“Don’t ever be afraid of me Buffy okay? Me and Giles…we aren’t like him.” Jenny said trying to not let the venom leak out when she said him.

“I know your not, sorry. What is it you wanted?” Buffy asked politely smiling at Jenny apologetically.
“The principal called me today.” Jenny looked at Buffy seeing worry settle into the girl’s eyes yet again.
“But I…I didn’t do anything I swear!” Buffy gasped wracking her brain for something she did wrong today.
“I know you didn’t that’s why he called. He said a few members of staff had come to him today remarking on how much you have suddenly changed and he said he wants you to keep it up.” Jenny spoke softly smiling at the girl proudly.

“Really he said that?” Buffy smiled happily proud of herself.
“Yep…now listen me and Giles are going to the movies in fact im supposed to have met him there five minutes ago so im going…we wont be home till abput10. We are going for food too. There’s money for food on the counter. Behave.” She warned kissing them both on the cheek before rushing out.

Spike walked into the kitchen leaving Buffy in the doorway not realising she hadn’t walked in. He turned around to ask her what she wanted to order but was surprise to see her standing there smiling but with a small tear making its way down her face. She was holding her hand up to her cheek and staring at the chair not really focusing on anything.
“Buffy luv are you all right?” He asked moving closer to her.
“Yeah im fine…You’ve got great parents Spike.” Buffy smiled up at him.

Spike realised now why she was crying. Jenny kissed her. Something as simple as a kiss on the cheek made her that happy that she cried. Spike felt the sudden need to hug her and so he did wrapping his arms around her tightly. She buried her face in his chest finding comfort in his arms like every other time. He pulled away casting a smile at her.
“What was that for?” Buffy asked.
“For being you.” Spike replied simply leaving the room