Xander didn’t show for the rest of the week probably too embarrassed to show up and Buffy was relieved when Saturday arrived. She woke up to the smell of bacon cooking and she practically bolted down the stairs. She was shocked to see Spike standing in the kitchen with a spatula. Topless.
Buffy’s mouth went dry as she took in the muscles of his back.

“Buffy! Morning. Jenny and Giles went to the shelter for a little while. You hungry?” Spike asked completely oblivious to her stare.
“Um yeah actually starved. Smells really good. I didn’t know you could cook.” Buffy said sitting at the kitchen island watching him move around the kitchen.
“I have many skills.” Spike winkled at her.
Buffy blushed and dropped her eyes to the counter not really sure how to respond to him anymore.

God she’s beautiful.

Spike smiled taking in the redness of her cheeks.
“Jenny said she’s coming to pick you up at noon to go shopping.” Spike told her changing the topic, loading up Buffy’s plate with scrambled eggs and bacon which she immediately dug into.
“Ahh this is delicious.” Buffy groaned closing her eyes.
Spike gulped taking in the blissful look on her face thanking god that there was a kitchen counter between him and Buffy otherwise he would have been very embarrassed. Spike frowned when he saw Buffy suddenly stop eating dropping her knife and fork down. He saw the colour slowly drain form her face and he moved towards her seeing her eyes widen.

“Buffy? What’s the matter are you…”

Spike didn’t have a chance to finish as Buffy stood up and ran form the room. Spike raced after her following her up the stairs and realising she was heading to the bathroom he guess what was wrong.

Ahh you’re a bloody idiot!

Spike walked into the bathroom behind her just in time to see her throw up what she had just eaten. He sat next to her repeating what he had down almost everyday this week stroking her back and holding her hair back. When she stopped retching Spike stood back up and got a damp cloth from the sink and sat down next to her again. Buffy lifted her head limply off the toilet seat looking at him questioningly. Spike gently began to wash her face. She didn’t have anything on it but she looked very pasty and Spike sat fro awhile cleaning her face in silence, neither knowing what to say.

“What are you doing?” Buffy finally said breaking the silence.
“I'm cleaning you up.” Spike answered standing up again and taking the cloth back to the sink.

“Why? You said you didn’t want anyone knowing this is your baby you barely spoke to me in hospital and then the week I come here you spend the entire time being unbelievably kind to me and taking care of me while im sick. What do you want Spike?” Buffy finally snapped. She was so confused by his mixed signals that she was giving up on waiting for him she was sick of dancing around the subject.
“I don’t want anything Buffy.” Spike said quietly looking at his feet not able to meet her eye.

“And I didn’t say I didn’t want people to know its mine.” Spike whispered so quietly that Buffy only just caught it.
“What?” She said her eye widened slightly.
“I never said I didn’t want people to know…when my parents asked who the father was I shook my head because I didn’t know what to say to them at the time. I was scared Buffy I just found out I was going to be a father I didn’t exactly want my parents to find out like that!” Spike revealed a little panicked edge entering his voice.
“I was a coward I know that. It’s just…I don’t know Buffy.” Spike sighed completely confused by his thoughts and his feelings.
Buffy took in everything he told her nodding her head in understanding.

Oh my god he's just as confused as I am.

“Spike im confused too you know. I mean im staying with a couple who up until two weeks ago I had only met a few times; I'm going to be turning 18 in a few months and im pregnant. You don’t think im scared.” Buffy said sadly.
Spike looked at Buffy unsure what to say and they both jumped when they heard the front door open.

“Buffy!”

Buffy walked out of the bathroom and downstairs to see Jenny standing by the front door.
“Hey. You ready to go shopping? Didn’t need much help at the shelter today.” Jenny informed explaining why she was so early. Buffy nodded tell her she need a minute to run and get her coat. She bumped into Spike as she was going into her bedroom and she looked at him for a few seconds both feeling the connection between them.
“We need to talk. After shopping?” Spike asked.
Buffy nodded in agreement before scurrying downstairs and meeting Jenny next to her car.




“Oh that will look amazing on you!” Jenny clapped happily as Buffy pulled a green top off the rail. She gave Jenny an amused look before deciding on getting it.
“It’s only a turtle neck you know.” Buffy laughed at the excitement on Jenny face.
“Yeah well im old I need to find my enjoyment somewhere. Indulge and old lady.” Jenny joked practically skipping to the counter with Buffy following behind.

After a few hours they decide to go to the espresso pump for a brake. Jenny order two iced mochas and two muffins before throwing the many bags in her arms on an empty seat and sitting down opposite Buffy.
“So how are you doing Buffy?” Jenny asked.
“I'm good.” Buffy smiled back reassuringly.
“You like living with me and Giles right?” Jenny asked worriedly hoping she was making the girl feel welcome.
“Are you kidding!? Of course it’s amazing! I’ve never been happier.” Buffy laughed and even though Jenny knew she was telling the truth she could still see a small amount of sadness in her eyes.
“Almost 7 weeks pregnant now.” Jenny stated sipping on her drink watching Buffy closely.
“Yeah…” Buffy said slowly.

“Your going to stay in school aren’t you?” Jenny asked wanting to know what Buffy was planning.
“Yes I’ve already started revising for the SAT’s I really want to do well.” Buffy said determinedly biting her lip.
“That’s great Buffy. You still have prom and graduation to get through too…ah the life of a student.” Jenny grinned.
“I doubt I’ll be going to Prom.” Buffy laughed.
“Why not?” Jenny gasped in shock.
“Jenny do the math it’s August.” Buffy looked at jenny as if she’d gone insane.
“Yeah….I don’t understand what you’re getting at.” Jenny laughed at the girl sitting in front of her.
“Jenny im almost 2 months pregnant that means the baby’s due sometime in March.
Buffy sighed.

“Yes exactly and you’ll have two months to get back into shape for prom and graduation. It’s perfect!” Jenny smiled.
“Well I suppose. But I don’t know… your supposed to go to prom with a date and everything.” Buffy said glumly
“Someone will take you look at you your beautiful.” Jenny smiled at her patting her hand.
“I’ll be a single teenage mother Jen…Not exactly what men search for is it.” Buffy said sarcastically.

“What’s happening with you and Spike?” Jenny asked suddenly out of the blue causing Buffy to choke.
“What!?” Buffy gasped in shock.
“Buffy im not stupid ever since I saw you together at the shelter I suspected something but I didn’t say anything and now it seems like your both hurting and I want to know why.” Jenny shrugged as if it was a simple problem like what to cook for dinner.

Buffy just sat there not sure what to say.
“I'm not going to be angry Buffy. I can’t say this is how I imagined Spike falling in love with someone. I mean you are pregnant by someone other than him but I don’t like seeing him hurt and he really seems to be. So whatever’s going on with you two…I would like to know.”

“Nothings going on …I mean….I don’t know Jenny can we talk about something else please?” Buffy pleaded not even meeting her eye. Jenny nodded letting it go for the moment but resolving to find out everything another time.
“Come on then time to go home and start dinner.” Jenny smiled grabbing the bags and leading Buffy back to the car.




When they got home Jenny went into the kitchen to start dinner thanking Buffy for going shopping with her. Buffy ran upstairs dropping the new bags of clothes by the foot of her bed and collapsing onto her bed exhausted.
“Hello Buffy.” Buffy sat up and saw Spike standing there nervously watching her.
“Spike…hey come in.” Buffy said indicating him to sit on the bed.

Spike walked in and sat crossed legged on the bed in front of her not once taking his eyes off her.
“I guess this is where we talk?” Buffy laughed nervously to fill in the awkward silence.
“Yeah…” Spike answered.
“I'm sorry.”
Buffy frowned and stared at Spike confused as he muttered an apology.
“For what?” Buffy asked clueless as to why Spike sounded so apologetic.
“For everything pet. For being a bastard for most of school, for using you to begin with, for ignoring you in the halls, for getting you pregnant and then lying about it….for everything Buffy.”

Buffy gasped in shock as she heard a quiet sob come from Spike. She couldn’t see his face as his head was hung low staring at her bedspread. Buffy saw his shoulders shaking and couldn’t believe that Spike was crying. She leant forward pulling him to her wrapping him in a big hug.
“Spike shhhh…. Its okay…I forgive you. It’s fine.” Buffy spoke softly trying to reassure him.
Spike buried his face in Buffy shoulder while Buffy stroked his back idly resting her head on his and closing her eyes. Both were too caught up in each other to notice Jenny standing in the doorway.
“How can you forgive me Buffy I’ve been a jackass.” Spike sniffled trying to wipe his tears embarrassed that his emotions had broken in front of Buffy.
“Well…yes but can’t stay mad at you forever can I?” Buffy joked trying to lighten the mood. They sat there for awhile neither saying anything.

“So what happens now?” Buffy asked not quite sure what was going on.
“I’ll tell my parents…its just…can you give me time. I’ll tell everyone its just im scared how they will react.” Spike said worriedly nibbling on his lip nervously.
“Of course your parents are the only ones ive told too. Not sure I can deal with the reaction of people in school right now.” Buffy sighed.
Spike smiled at her and nodded. Spikes eyes glanced down to her lip and he stared as her tongue came out to wet her lips.

Bugger it.

Spike leant in and captured her lips groaning as he did so. He’d been dying to do this for the last couple of weeks and he attacked her lips like he was starved of her. Buffy moaned back and opened her mouth when she felt his tongue sweep across her bottom lip. Their tongues met and Buffy felt a wave of warmth wash through her.

Oh god it feels so right.
Mph I never want to stop kissing her. Ever.


They broke apart at he same time panting for air. Spike rested his forehead against hers closing his eyes trying to get himself under control again. When he opened his eyes he saw Buffy’s hazel eyes staring back at him, with an emotion he wasn’t sure he was ready to admit to. His lips twitched upward sin a small smile and he brushed his thumb over her cheek tenderly. They were both broken from their little bubble when they heard Jenny call their names from downstairs. They both trotted downstairs and into the dining room sitting down and smiling at the two adults who were already sitting down.

“Wow is there anything you can’t cook?” Buffy laughed digging into her plate of lasagne and salad.
“Yep sadly curry just completely astounds me.” Jenny deadpanned making everyone around the table burst out laughing.
“So its only recently came to me that you haven’t explained how you two met.” Jenny suggested casually but she was studying them like a hawk.
“Um…well. We met at um…the bronze.” Spike lied stuttering his way through out his sentence glancing at Buffy for help. Jenny saw the caught look on Spike and Buffy’s face’s and shook her head at their pathetic excuse for a lie. Giles however seemed to have bought it and went back to his lasagne.