After diner Buffy, Spike, Giles and Jenny all went into the living room to watch some TV together. Buffy glanced up at Spike and saw him give her a certain look and she nodded back.
“I'm kind of tired. I'm going to bed see you in the morning.” Buffy said giving Jenny and Giles hugs before mouthing good luck to Spike and trotting off upstairs to wait for Spike.

Oh god I feel like im going to be sick.

Buffy started pacing her room glancing at her alarm clock every couple of seconds.

Meanwhile Spike was having similar thoughts to Buffy as he sat nervously on the armchair facing his parents.

Jesus Christ im sweating!

Spike rubbed his forehead with a shaking hand and gulped his throat suddenly feeling very dry.

If im like this now how am I going to be telling them the baby is bloody mine!

“Spike are you okay?” His mother asked looking at him curiously. He looked terrified.
“Yeah of course.” Spike squeaked his voice sounding very high.
Jenny shared a look with Giles before looking back at her son. Spike coughed loudly and then leant forward clasping his hands together to stop them shaking.
“I need to tell you something.” Spike started his voice quavering slightly.
Jenny cast a quick glance at Giles already knowing what he was going to tell them but knowing she had to pretend she didn’t.

“Me and….well Buffy and I….Buffy’s my girlfriend.” Spike finished his heart hammering against his rib cage at just that simple sentence.
“Oh.” Jenny sounded actually not expecting that. She had expected him to tell her about the baby not that he was dating Buffy.
“Oh…That’s all you’re going to say?” Spike asked dumbfounded.
“Well Spike it was pretty obvious.” Giles smiled at how stupid his son could be.

“Yes I mean we pretty much assumed it anyway. Anything else you wanted to tell us?” Jenny asked trying to lead him into telling them about the baby.
Spike gulped and looked around the room definitely not ready to tell them that yet.
“Nope.” Spike shook hid head.
Buffy and Giles both nodded sitting back again resigning themselves to waiting yet again.
“So you’re fine with this?” Spike asked really shocked that his parents were being so cool about this. Jenny sighed and leant forward again.

“Buffy’s a great girl, no we don’t mind. Although are you sure about this your taking on a whole lot…I mean raising another mans kid will probably be very hard on you. And I don’t want you to hurt Buffy by braking up with her when it gets to hard.” Jenny hinted waiting to see if Spike had a reaction to what she said.
“I won’t hurt her. Well I’ll try not to anyway.” Spike vowed completely ignoring the baby part so he didn’t have to flat out lie to his parents.

Hmm very clever.

Jenny thought as he very carefully evaded the question.
“Well I guess I’ll see you in the morning then. Goodnight and thanks for being so good about this.” Spike hugged his dad and kissed his mother on the cheek before heading for the stairs. Leaving his parents sitting on the couch staring after him.


“How’d they take it?” Buffy asked nervously when Spike practically flew into her room. She took in his huge beaming grin and pretty much guessed it was okay.
“They were great. They said they already new really and they were fine with it!” Spike laughed happily pulling her too him and kissing her fiercely on the lips.
“Wow your parents are real open minded aren’t they, letting you go out with someone who’s pregnant.” Buffy said shocked but insanely happy that the Giles’s had accepted them.

“My parents have always been like that they trust me too make the right decisions I guess. I mean my mum give me my first condom at the age of 10 so it’s safe to say their pretty laid back.” Spike chuckled at the shocked look on Buffy’s face.
“Yeah well we’re cool like that.”
Buffy and Spike immediately jumped apart and looked at Giles and Jenny standing in the doorway who were looking at them in amusement.

“I thought you were going to sleep?” Jenny smirked at Buffy.
“Umm…yeah I …um was.” Buffy mumbled giving a fake yawn.
“Yes well don’t forget your appointment in the morning. Spike I believe you were going to your room.” Giles prompted raising his eyebrows. He might trust his son but he didn’t exactly want him and Buffy in the same bedroom all night.
“Course dad.” Spike answered watching as his parents left to go to their own room.
Spike immediately leant back in kissing Buffy one last time.
“Night luv, see you in the morning I guess.” Spike smiled walking backwards form the room and shutting her door softly before going to bed and falling asleep with a big grin on his face.

Spike paced back and forth, wringing his hands and studying everything on the walls. He stopped in front of a diagram on the wall starting to bounce up and down on the balls of his fete too.
Buffy watched him the entire time a smile of amusement on her face.

Aww he looks so cute when he's worried. If this is what he’s like now I can’t wait for when the baby’s coming.

“Spike maybe you should calm down.” Buffy said softly braking Spike out of his nervous trance.
“I am calm!” Spike tried but the high pitch in his voice indicated otherwise and Buffy just give him a disbelieving look.
“Okay im a little nervous but this is a huge deal I mean im seeing my baby for the first time. I'm 17 and seeing by baby for the first time!” Spike shook his head in disbelief.

If someone had told me 3 months ago this is where I’d be I’d laugh in their faces.

“Yeah well im nervous too you know.” Buffy chipped in her voice suddenly very small. Spike looked at her finally noticing the fear that was in her eyes.

She looks so small.

Spike sat down next to her and held her hand bring it to his lips to kiss.
“I'm sorry pet. Here I am acting like a nit when your obviously scared too…god it’s going to be coming out of you not me.” Spike apologised.
“Oh great thanks for reminding me!” Buffy giggled nervously.
“I was more worried about the whole being a teenage mother and telling my friends not about the actual birth.” Buffy grimaced adding another thing to her list to worry about.

Great one mate freak her out more.

“You’ll do great pet.” Spike assured her leaving a light kiss on her brow feeling her frown lines smooth out under his lips.
“Hello im Doctor Wilson and you must be Elizabeth Summers correct?”
Buffy looked up into the warm face of the woman who had just entered the room. She must have only been in her 30’s and she had warm brown eyes that immediately put her at ease.

“Um yeah that’s me but people call me Buffy…unfortunately.” Buffy laughed smiling back at the doctor who laughed back. She turned her eyes to Spike who was sitting watching the doctor nervously.
“And you are…” the doctor prompted.
“Um im William Giles.” Spike greeted nervously.
“Ahh okay then. Well let’s get started then shall we.” Doctor Wilson started taking a seat next to Buffy.

I wonder if he’s the father.

She had been sent all of Buffy’s medical records and after reading the file her heart immediately went out to the girl and she sure didn’t want to make the girl feel uncomfortable by assuming this man was the father and it turned out she didn’t know who the father was.

“Okay I’ll warn you this might be cold.” The doctor smiled apologetically at Buffy before squeezing some of the gel onto the girls exposed stomach. At Buffy’s gasp Spike glanced at Buffy worriedly.
“Just cold Spike.” Buffy laughed at Spike’s panicked reaction.
The doctor’s mouth twitched into a smile at this young mans obvious protectiveness of the blonde girl.

If he's not the father he's definitely the boyfriend at least.

“Okay then lets have a look see.” The doctor said rolling the scanner across Buffy’s stomach. Spike stared at the monitor with a look of wonder on his face and Buffy craned her neck to see too.
“Okay there it is. Can you see, there’s the head and those are the arms and legs.” The doctor pointed it all out on the monitor but Buffy and Spike didn’t hear a word. They were too caught up staring at the tiny shape on the monitor. The doctor smiled at the couple and turned back to the monitor smiling to herself.

“That’s our baby.” Spike said numbly.

Buffy glanced up at him to look at his face and saw the happiness practically radiating off him. He looked down at her and grinned like a little boy. He looked so excited.
“Can you tell whether it’s a boy or girl or not?” Spike asked finally coming out of his overjoyed stupor to actually say something to the doctor.
“I'm sorry but I can’t really see, it’s not always 100% sure at this time anyway.” The doctor informed him.
“Okay, but its healthy right? No problems?” Spike asked wanting to make sure everything was good.
“Yep, everything looks completely healthy congratulations.” The doctor smiled beginning to wipe the now warm liquid off of Buffy’s stomach while she was busy in a sweet kiss with Spike.


“Mum! Dad! We’re back!” Spike yelled as he and Buffy walked into the house.
Jenny and Giles both came in form the kitchen looking at Buffy and Spike expectantly. Giles looked down at Jenny and could tell by her face that he wasn’t the only one who could see the glow of happiness that rolled off the young couple in front of them.
“How did the appointment go?” Jenny asked eagerly.
“Great the doctor said everything developing as it should here I got an extra for you.” Buffy said handing the sonogram picture to Jenny.
Buffy saw the tears well up in Jenny’s eyes and got a little confused.

Wow I knew she cared I didn’t realise she cared this much.

“Oh im sorry.” Jenny tried to excuse her tears.
“I just get all weepy about babies.” Jenny attempted to brush her tears away but knew it was useless.
She grabbed Buffy in a tight hug squeezing the girl tightly. Buffy’s eyes bugged out and she looked at Giles and Spike in question. Spike looked back equally as confused but Buffy saw a knowing look on Giles face and immediately dropped her gaze.
“I'm going to go put this on the fridge. Come on Rupert.” Jenny smiled dragging her husband into the kitchen.

“Wow.”
“Yeah wow, guess you really are the daughter she never had.” Spike said still a little confused by his mother’s behaviour. Spike turned to Buffy and smiled at her slyly before grabbing her hand and pulling her upstairs with him. When they got to her room Spike shut the door behind them and immediately swept her into a passionate kiss. Spike groaned when he felt her respond to the kiss their tongues tangling together. Spike slowly pushed backwards until Buffy fell flat on the bed and he followed after her holding himself up scared of hurting the baby. He kissed down her jaw and trailed down to her ear where he nibbled on the lobe slightly earning a gasp from her. He pulled back to look her in the eyes and gasped when he saw the love shining back at him.

She loves me.

Spike couldn’t focus on that fact so he buried his face in her neck nibbling lightly on her skin. He wasn’t ready for that yet, definitely not ready.
“Spike.”
“Yeah?” Spike asked sighing into her neck.
“Your happy right? About the baby?” Buffy asked a little self consciously.
“Of course I am Buffy! I mean I wish it had happened under better circumstances of course but yer im happy. Now enough of the serious talk.” Spike leered leaning down and kissing her already swollen lips again wiping the conversation she had planned completely from her mind.